• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
I wonder what they'll show in the presentation, what if they do something like this:
Show off Lucas' new Final Smash which ISN'T PK Starstorm, and then Sakurai says: "What happened to Starstorm, you ask?"

Smash logo slash thingy across the screen like when a new character is confirmed, trailer is Kumatora, which has Starstorm as her final smash (this would never happen though)

Believe it or not I'd rather have Masked Man over Kuma, just because she would obviously be a clone to Lucas.
Masked Man has more potential. He has an Arm Cannon, Sword, and PSI attacks :p

Also, I apologize for double posting, but what is your LEAST favorite chapter in Mother 3? Mine is probably the 3rd. It's time consuming, having to farm for a while for Salsa to even be able to fight, and all that.
I also hate Fassad.
Dear god, if they do that I'll seriously cry on my floor. Kumatora is beast.

Awesome, I'm glad others also found the Salsa and Fassad arc annoying, the game can do without it. I would've actually liked it if they did a chapter instead for chapter 3 where...
it's Claus's side of the story and you play as him, even get to see how he turns into the Masked Man by Porky. This would be so cool considering you find out Porkey is pulling the strings in like Chapter 7 and you don't see Claus during the entire game...

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
So uh, you know... I have a tourney on Sunday... no Wii U's will be on the newest patch... *sigh*

What a drag, however, I will play him in the morning for sure and bring an updated one.

I've been placing VERY well at tourneys recently usually being top 8.

Top 3 my last 2 tourneys.

Last edited:

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
So uh, you know... I have a tourney on Sunday... no Wii U's will be on the newest patch... *sigh*

What a drag, however, I will play him in the morning for sure and bring an updated one.

I've been placing VERY well at tourneys recently usually being top 8.

Top 3 my last 2 tourneys.
Using a new characters in tournament...i wouldn't do that, too risky.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I meant like, test him out and rejoice playing my main, he won't be legal, if he were to be... I'd use him haha.

I'll be using Ness for it though. Magma Con tourney gonna be free. B)

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
I meant like, test him out and rejoice playing my main, he won't be legal, if he were to be... I'd use him haha.

I'll be using Ness for it though. Magma Con tourney gonna be free. B)
I have a tourney on 20 june...i would love to use Lucas, but he won't be legal and also i couldn't feel so confident to use him...not yet!

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I have a tourney on 20 june...i would love to use Lucas, but he won't be legal and also i couldn't feel so confident to use him...not yet!
I'll be feeling confident to use him within the first week :B
Thats just me, I've been waiting way to long for this.

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't feel confident using him the first month. I'm terrible at smash, I need a personal trainer.

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
I'll be feeling confident to use him within the first week :B
Thats just me, I've been waiting way to long for this.
You main Ness right? You can take advantage from using Ness for Lucas, i main Luigi and Zss so i will have to get used :p
I need to practice against Ness, would you like to do some match sometimes?

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I mainly used Lucas for a LONG time, I main Ness in this game and I consider myself really good with him.
I'll do some matches sometime, left my adapter at a friends house though so can't atm...
^ my video

Jinlennon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jinlennon
I mainly used Lucas for a LONG time, I main Ness in this game and I consider myself really good with him.
I'll do some matches sometime, left my adapter at a friends house though so can't atm...
^ my video
Awesome man!

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
^ my video
Brawl Lucas would have been viable, had it not been for these damned 10 extra frames. I saw Marth getting wrecked, good job on not getting infinite'd.

Come to think of it.. how probable is it that Lucas's throws have been "nerfed"? (I'm mostly worried about the loss of the Down Throw's Kill Power. But then again, do not judge a book by it's cover.)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I wouldn't feel confident using him the first month. I'm terrible at smash, I need a personal trainer.
If you're interested, I'd be happy to practice Lucas with you and perhaps offer some advice on fundamentals.

I'll definitely be ready to wreck house with Lucas as soon as I get my hands on 'em. He was my Brawl main since forever and I've been refreshing my skills with him in Brawl nonstop as of late.

About 5 more days guys! ;w;

Drippy

Smash Ace
Am I the only that actually really liked the Salsa chapter?
While a Claus arc would've sound awesome, I'd imagine it wouldn't be to different from the arc with Flint and Duster in stuff. Climbing up the mountain, fighting all the monsters, and then fighting the Drago (but instead he loses and falls off the cliff). After that yea it'd be interesting to see how they made him into the Masked Man but I don't think they'd do that so that the players won't know who the Masked Man is for awhile. I know it's kind of a dead giveaway when Lucas dresses up as Claus but I feel it's kind of like a reaction from the players to make them go like,"What? No way..." and when it actually happens it's suppose to be kind of a emotional thing in the final fight. I feel revealing it in Chapter 3 would take away from that but that's my personal opinion.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Good night guys... hopefully this week goes by semi-fast... I doubt it will though, I can't wait.

Ever since the first Smash trailer was shown, I waited for Lucas to be shown, and towards the end all I wanted was to see Ness at least. Such a frightening journey, but in the end, we got both of em. The rides been sad, but alas ends in joy. It's up to use to make sure Lucas gets known now, and to make sure he's properly represented as a viable character this time around. (:

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Good night guys... hopefully this week goes by semi-fast... I doubt it will though, I can't wait.

Ever since the first Smash trailer was shown, I waited for Lucas to be shown, and towards the end all I wanted was to see Ness at least. Such a frightening journey, but in the end, we got both of em. The rides been sad, but alas ends in joy. It's up to use to make sure Lucas gets known now, and to make sure he's properly represented as a viable character this time around. (:
You know it'll happen, as much as I do. Too many Lucas mains have this connection to the character, too much of a desire to take him above and beyond, I have no doubt he'll be pushed to the limit. :D

ilysm

sleepy
I'm mostly worried about the loss of the Down Throw's Kill Power. But then again, do not judge a book by it's cover.)
I'd actually been meaning to ask about this. How exactly do we know d-throw's kill power was nerfed from watching the trailer? My recollection is that in Brawl, it was a combo setup throw at low percents and a kill throw at higher ones. Psychic characters have always had the most powerful throws (Ness, Lucas, and Mewtwo have always had a kill throw in their arsenal). Who's to say anything's changed?

ilysm

sleepy
Oh, and one more thing: due to the changes in the way Ness's magnet affects his momentum, we're not at all sure whether Lucas can still perform some of his magnet pull AT's. But in the event that he can, will it be necessary to switch to b-stick to perform these? I don't like the idea of giving up that bit of aerial control, or having two different control schemes for Lucas and Ness...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wonder how PK Freeze will be in this game. i cant wait to find its uses!
I really, really hope it'll be made useful this time. The attack felt really impractical and had little to no reward on top compared to PK Flash (since people take less damage when frozen and the attack is easily escaped anyway)

Oh, and one more thing: due to the changes in the way Ness's magnet affects his momentum, we're not at all sure whether Lucas can still perform some of his magnet pull AT's. But in the event that he can, will it be necessary to switch to b-stick to perform these? I don't like the idea of giving up that bit of aerial control, or having two different control schemes for Lucas and Ness...
Magnet Pull felt pretty rad to utilize in Project M for me. Though maybe it was because the Down B's hitboxes were adjusted for that specific purpose, I suppose.

Chapter 3 had me in massive feels, both sadness and joy towards the end.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Nope, I do too. I thought it's a nice way to tell the backstory.
Agreed and I feel like it was a introduction to primarily the Pigmask Army, Fassad, and the start of the downfall of everything overall and they did a damn good job at it too in my opinion. I think a lot of people who played Mother 3 really do feel for Salsa and his struggles in this chapter cause I know I did, and "Monkey's Delivery Service" is a fantastic ****ing song that really makes you "feel" that struggle.

I don't have much too much memories of Brawl Lucas because I used to think he was lame and really that's because of his portrayal in Supspace Emissary so I can't really say for certain 100% that I'll main Lucas but if I do like him in Sm4sh and I hope I do, I can assure you I'll do all my best to make this character viable or have representation.

ilysm

sleepy
@ D Drippy But it is nice that after Ness sacrifices himself, you get to see Lucas grow as a character and become more powerful, just like he did in Mom 3. His portrayal there was a nice touch, I think.

(Plus, I mean, the scene in the Subspace Emissary when Ness saves Lucas by exploding the Porky statue with PK Flash was insanely cool, and a nice nod to the games to boot)

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
A line in Mother 3 goes "Soon Lucas will repaint this tale of sadness with a bright color."
Lucas came back in SSB4 much more brighter and colorful compared to how sad he was in Brawl (even though he did improve through that Subspace Emissary arc).

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

Looks like Lucas grew stronger from Brawl to Smash 4, just like he did throughout Mother 3.

top tier confirmed

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Man, i really wish i could Play Mother 3 but my computer is RIP so i cant use an emulator or something :/

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
I'm gonna emulate it in a few weeks. I've wanted to play it for a while but I never got around to it.

Drippy

Smash Ace
@ D Drippy But it is nice that after Ness sacrifices himself, you get to see Lucas grow as a character and become more powerful, just like he did in Mom 3. His portrayal there was a nice touch, I think.

(Plus, I mean, the scene in the Subspace Emissary when Ness saves Lucas by exploding the Porky statue with PK Flash was insanely cool, and a nice nod to the games to boot)
I didn't play or even know of the Mother series back than so I didn't know of Lucas's development but after playing Mother 3, I definitely do really like what Sakurai did for Lucas in this game. I think it really shows that he tries hard to keep the character to their game.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Man, i really wish i could Play Mother 3 but my computer is RIP so i cant use an emulator or something :/
Have you tried? My computer is admittedly pretty crappy and I can run it just fine, as the GBA isn't all that computer intensive. It's definitely worth a playthrough if you get the chance!

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Can we take a moment to be thankful the Mother series never took a turn to this route?
Rest in pieces sonic series, the adventure games will be remembered.

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Have you tried? My computer is admittedly pretty crappy and I can run it just fine, as the GBA isn't all that computer intensive. It's definitely worth a playthrough if you get the chance!
No i meant That it doesnt work lol

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Can we take a moment to be thankful the Mother series never took a turn to this route?
It's so damn easy to troll people in comment sections of YouTube about this. Tell them most people think Sonic is a pathetic failed mascot, they'll concentrate on some small technicality in your wording instead of seeing the bigger message.

It's too easy.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Good thing I was never a Sonic fan to begin with, the games always bore me as a child.

Top Bottom