• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I didn't do as well at my tournament as I thought. I got 17th out of 24 entrants. :(

Round one I had to face MachinegunNorm, he went Snake. I felt like I was playing very well, I was being really patient, and held the lead most of the match. The lead doesn't really mean much to Snake when he can kill Peach at 100%. I don't remember how game 1 ended, but it was really close, game 2, I wasn't playing as well and my last death was from a grenade I up B'd into while trying to grab the ledge.

In losers I had to fight Ook, his DK. Game 1, I believe I 2-stocked him on Battlefield. I took his jump away from him with a uair for his first stock, I pulled a bomb and got him while he was recovering for his second stock, and he killed himself trying to punch onto the stage from the ledge for his third stock. He CP'd me to Brinstar, so I went ROB and got 2-stocked. I need to learn how to fight there as Peach so I don't need to switch to ROB. So game 3, I bring him to Pictochat. It was really close, we were both at 150+% last stocks, but I accidentally buffered a roll off the ledge and got punched.

Despite that, I feel like I definitely improved a lot. I was landing up smash kills more, I was being a lot more patient, and my "combo" game seemed to improve too, so honestly I'm not all that disappointed. Almost everyone I played today told me how much I've improved, which make me really happy. I'm just gonna keep working at it and go into the next tournament even better.

I'll post the results thread once it's up.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
7th outta 30ish? or maybe 28-29ish

i'll fill it in w/ details when the pools and brackets are posted.

got revenge on falln, lost to the kiraflax, lost 2 sets to larry, won vs rusty dsf, lost to cbeef's d3 (my mk 2-stocked him game 2, i prob shud've stayed mk when he cp'd RC game 3 LOL), did some cool snake stuff in tournament.

fun day lol.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
People need to post all of their results. I know like two people who only post results when they perform well.

It's really dumb if you don't and it's skewing rankings for the Peaches.

Also, good job Raz :)

Zwarm, it seems as though you were just making a few major mistakes here and there that made you lose. You got this next time.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ppl aren't posting their results?

meh whatevz.

all a dude tryin' to do is beat larry and learn all the hard socal mus that are randomly popping up and getting good.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Here's the results thread. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12783296

I'm gonna start posting my results here now every tournament, I wasn't before because I wasn't going all Peach, but I think my Peach is better than my ROB now, so I'm probably gonna solo main her.

And yeah, Ill. Pretty much my entire second game against Norm was a major mistake. I got the lead and was trying to plank, but he dropped a grenade down off the ledge and I up B'd into it which stage spiked me. Pretty dumb. I felt like I made no mistakes against Ook until that roll, though. I was playing really well. It was the closest I've ever been to beating Ook, ever.

z00ted

Nah, it's fine.

Just from this point on - people should post ever tournament they attend in regardless if they do well or not.

It can make Peach's results / player's results look really skewed if they don't.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

z00ted

Lol, don't worry about it KB I placed 17th out of 43 or something before too.

Let's not forget about MLG Dallas ;(

Nicole

Smash Champion
i havent been to a tournament for about a month. but i do have one coming up, my first EC tournament ever (that's not a national). the scene is littered with snake, falco, and other matchups that i can't stand, so i dont expect to do well haha. but i will post my results after this weekend after i play in the tournament!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion

Mesa, AZ
May 28th, 2011
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304367
$10 entry fee

2nd out of 17

1: Darklink :metaknight: :snake: $102
2: Duff0 (SPLIT) :marth: :fox: $34
2: Silly Kyle (SPLIT) :peach: $34
4: Cloudfox :pit: :mario2:
5: Moo :falco: :metaknight:
5: Jane :olimar:
7: Tommy :snake:
7: Yoshiken :yoshi2:

Explanation on the split:
Lol we only split in the interest of time so we could make it to the Chinese Buffet. Everyone was really hungry.

I also had to wait for AAA to come help me get my keys out of the trunk since my ******* friend accidently left them in there.

Usually I would never accept a split, but under the circumstances it was appropriate and made the tournament run more smoothly. No complaints really.

Shoutouts to come later! I had an amazing time despite being sick and tired from not sleeping well the night before.

<3

:peach:
I thought that was necessary since we have this new Yellow Card system in place to infract players with M2K, Anti, and ADHD being the first to get in trouble for "bracket manipulation".

But yeah, as that post said, I am coming down with an illness. Seems like a cold or something along the lines of that. I had a fever and chills the night before and had trouble sleeping. =/ I still did well in my placing and I did some kewl stuff, but I knew that I could have raised the bar a lot more.

There are a few videos that were recorded of me, so I hope they get uploaded sometime soon. :)

In Winner's Bracket, I lost to Duff0's :marth: 1-2 in a really intense set.

In Loser's Bracket, I had to face him again. In the middle of our first match when we were on our last stock (I had the percent lead), I got a call from AAA. We paused the game. My friend Tommy locked the keys in my trunk so I had to be by my car until they got there. Everyone was also very hungry. It was 9:10 pm and the place we all wanted to eat at closed at 10:00 pm. In the interest of time and everyone else's comfort, we decided to split.

I had some pretty hype matches.

Yoshiken's :yoshi: did really well against me Game 1 in our set. I smacked him with a fair and he had no DI and died. High percent, last stock.

Against Cloudfox's :pit: in pools, the first match ended with both of us getting star KO'd from the top. He dair'd me right as I uair'd him. He died first. :) I also got spiked by his dtilt I believe first stock around 20%. Good times.

Again in Loser's Seminfinals, Cloudfox almost took a game off me 2nd match when he switched to :bowser:. I was completely taken aback by this decision and I kind of underestimated him. After shaking off the "culture shock", I brought it back and finished his :bowser2: off with a well spaced nair. We were both at like 145%+. Will be watching Illmatic's vids vs. Zigsta again. Same with his matches vs. :wolf: players lol.

Of course, my set with Duff0's :marth: was pretty intense as well. I learned that Brinstar is not a good stage to take :marth: to. It was a gamble I decided to take after watching Illmatic's success there. But it's just not a good stage vs. :marth: when you're :peach:. I feel like I'm always at a disadvantaged position on that level.

Anywho, this tournament was an eye opening experience for me. Saw some holes in my game that I'm ready to fix ASAP. There was almost a two month gap from the last tournament, so I felt like I wasn't on the top of my game. However, I'm ready to take on Darklink, Duff0, and everyone else at the next tournament. I just know it. :) It's going to be brutal. Will be watching lots of vids of other players besides Illmatic as well.

One of the patterns I noticed a lot at this tournament was that I would usually do bad the first match, and then mob on them in the second after adapting. It was kinda fun. I felt like Armada a little bit lol.

:peach: for #1 in AZ!!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

:peach: :peach: :peach:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
brinstar is fine vs marth. there's better cps though like frigate or fd or w/e but marth is decent on brinstar just coz his air presence and lingering tippers on the objects. i don't rly think peach is at disadvantage though.

anyway u need to help me beat kira!

oh and gj for doin' work all rusty as hell and all that lol

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Thanks!! It was exhausting and exciting at the same time. A lot of people were impressed by my Peach regardless and it was nice getting praise. Go Peach~!!

It's ok I guess, but I'd rather take him to somewhere else for sure. I will try Frigate next time, that sounds like a good idea lol. FD is a stage I like too. Or PS1. I will have to think about it and practice.

I heard you lost to him lol. Give me some details about how it went down. Then later sometime we should chat on AIM or something and talk about beating Kira. :D

Nicole

Smash Champion
nice job kyle!

@2link, i think the tournament is called TAER? idk mikeray is hosting it in connecticut

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Oh good god Kyle. Ban that place against Marth XD. I learned that from the first mlg When Chaz had to play that other Marth main that he beat. It was really hyped up. But at that time I asked around why do Marth's go to brinstar. It seems he has alot of control there. If anything i'd take them to Frigate.

Good job on your placing everyone. Like I said the other day I think I will be around here more often trying to give my input or 2 from now on when I have time. Cause I have work and my social life is important to me lol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh good god Kyle. Ban that place against Marth XD. I learned that from the first mlg When Chaz had to play that other Marth main that he beat. It was really hyped up. But at that time I asked around why do Marth's go to brinstar. It seems he has alot of control there. If anything i'd take them to Frigate.

Good job on your placing everyone. Like I said the other day I think I will be around here more often trying to give my input or 2 from now on when I have time. Cause I have work and my social life is important to me lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJgE8zN3aVQ

Yeah he does have a lot of control there. :( Luckily Peach can kind of keep up with him and fight for stage control because of her formidible spacing game, but it feels like any little mistake is that much more costly on Brinstar. Frigate is a good suggestion like you said :3.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304738

9th out of 17 @ ESAM's ZP Monthly

I'll just say what I told Kyon lol

2link121: Seibrik two stocked me game one, but I did better the next game. Eh, it's whatever lol. I'm going to manly MM next time I see him so I can get proper practice
2link121: I almost never play good MKs
2link121: Bassem, is a Wario(if you didn't know). He struck Yoshis out and I got rid of BF and SV. We ended up going to Lylat
2link121: I had played him in one or two friendlies earlier on that stage so I had a bit of a feel for it.
2link121: He won game one, but I decided to go back to Lylat. I felt like I would be able to adapt enough to beat him there and I comfy with the stage.
2link121: and I did. I wasn't sure what to ban for a bit, but I got rid of RC
2link121: I can play anywhere except RC lol. I haaaaate that stage.
2link121: he wanted Brinstar. Strangely, I'm finding myself to like that stage more and more
2link121: I'm not sure if I want to use it for CP'ing, but it's a nice place for people to take me to.
2link121: I actually had the lead most of the time
2link121: I wanted to run the timer, but I couldn't hold my stock for very long after I took one of his
2link121: I think around 2/3mins left he got me off stage and read my recovery with a Waft and took the game T.T
2link121: it was the huge one, so the knock back was ridiculous lol.

that and this is all I had to say lol http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12819314&postcount=14

Anyway I have CEO this week so I'll be practicing for that.

:rosalina:

z00ted

Good job you guys!

That's actually pretty good Dark, it's a start.

2link, WOW great stuff almost beating Bassem.

Nicole

Smash Champion
my tournament got cancelled :/
but good job to everyone else, seems like pretty solid placings.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12015

13th outta 20th @ San Diego 14 Birthday Happy

It was a fun tourney and I think I'm finally starting to break out of my plateau. Also the first tourney I went ALL Peach and didn't cower back to Samus when I was uncomfortable with the matchup. Unfortunately drew MikeHAZE first round and he metaknighted me (meno I need your help with that). won my loser bracket then ran into Razmakazi.

Great tourney, had some good friendlies. I'm almost ready to get into quarters haha

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
got 7th at the same tourney. beat zekey, lost 2-1 to falln, barely beat lance last hit last game, beat hall, lost to zekey. i had a decent tourney. surprising stuff like falln beating mike and zekey beating ac and falln occurred. and lance getting a lot better was also cool too. fun tourney.

Top Bottom