• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Jun 11: 4th of 7 in DOUBLES, 13th of 17 in Pro Bracket at E4J: Bruno

well it's rly 13th of 26 though b/c top 8 in the circuit didn't do pools and we did two large pools. i think each pool had like 9-10 ppl.

i didn't do so hot this tourney. lost to darklink, paper, fierce in pools. had to play lance again lol and i had to play a lot of other decent ppl. I got to play zigsta which was cool but bowser is kinda combo-bait though.

in bracket i lost to havok and kiraflax. got revenge on pitbull though. round 1 vs havok was last hit between me and the snake, but then i got 2-stocked by mk. kira's pit 2-0'd me in relatively close matches. pit is so frustrating, ima figure out a way to gay him out.

lots and lots of upsets this tourney so i gotta step it up.

i played kinda slow and i gotta get back in the groove of making normal punishes. I was trying a lot of float stuff out and a lot of it worked out and ****ed with ppl and ****ed them up but when I'm trying to punish I shouldn't really rely on it when they're pretty close to me.

a good lesson learned so at the end of the day i got a good deal better i think.

next tourney in 2 weeks lol.

edit: oh, also did teams with lance the stern. it was round robin, it was pretty fun haha. mk/ his peach and fox/ his peach. we gotta team more coz sometimes we'd really be on it and others not so much. My prob is that I don't really seen the entire screen and my partner when I'm in dubz. It's really difficult to get used to. whatevs though lol.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Hey is Zigsta really the best Bowser?

I went to the same tourney and got wooped on. The pool was RIDICULOUS, but at the same time, I couldn't pull out the KO when I needed it most. I had about four matches go third game, last stock and last hit, and I just couldn't get it done.

Lost to Darklink, Paper, Fierce, Raz, Camaman in Pools. Beat the five others. I think I made 6th out of 12 in my pool but it was top 5 that got out.

Got some great MK tips from Raz, he's been my main stopping block in tournies now and it's stupid frustrating. As well as Snake and G&W though I feel a littl emore empowered when fighting those two.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oh those were just general peach things lance, nothin' rly mk specific.

and yeah, darklink is good, i gotta play him again before he leaves though, that'd be tight. i think i cud've been playin' better though but he def knows what he's doin'.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I really should've gone Peach both games against Darklink but I didn't.

He's smart against Peach, really makes you pay trying to get back on the stage. But the crazy thing is, he had no idea Peach could chain grab him for a free ~ 40% damage (ending with ftilt). He said you never did that to him Kyle, is that true?

And Raz, is Zigsta the best Bowser?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Haha, I just got off the phone with Darklink to ask him about the tournament and about the Peach players he played. :p

And yeah, I know about the dthrow chaingrab, but it's not something I always look for when I'm fighting Metaknight. I should practice it more because my buffering for that chaingrab isn't as good as it could be, which is why I don't like to do it all the time because I get punished with dair when I mess up the timing.

He has plenty of Peach practice from me :D

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Zigsta isn't the best Bowser, but he's up there.

It's Bowser.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So I went to a thing!

Got 9th. Lost to Dekar and Arty.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305242

I was a complete wreck for this tournament, illness and some unfortunate events, but I'm actually pretty pleased with my performance. I ended up playing to my music, trying to evoke my mental state when I smoke (since I usually listen to music) and it actually worked! I lost all pressure to win and focused solely on spacing, my position, and technical speed. At Pound, Kyon told me to "play faster", one of my problems whenever I'm not in the perfect condition - but I choose some upbeat songs and man, I was flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hcEiEyylEA

Everything autocanceled perfect, jabs and tilts coming out exactly where I wanted them, I was doing things I never do - like double bair behind someone's shield to dsmash - it was beautiful. My best stock the entire tournament was game one against Arty's MK, just flawless. Boppin to my song, and wrapping it up with a sweet sweet usmash punish against a shuttle loop.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
What did you think about Light, Meno?

He is really good at Melee and he did well in Brawl considering he doesn't practice that much for it lol.

I wish I could have made it to that tournament, I think I could have won. Definitely Top 3. I'm bummed now. Money + transportation johns :(

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I'm happy you listened to me about playing faster. There are some people ad characters that have a very hard time keeping up with fast peach players. What makes it feel better is when you realize it and your able to do all the cancel and oos options correctly. Just amazing ........

:phone:

Nicole

Smash Champion
17th out of 60 something...
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305200

I didn't do so hot at SIIS. I played HORRIBLY vs Kel my first round of winners. Sd'd at 54% the first game and at 80% the second game, both times on my first stock.

In losers I played Fino and if I were one of you guys, aka not one of the unluckiest people at this game, my Usmash, 3rd game, final stock, would have connected. You guys always talk about how great Usmash is, but everytime I throw it out it sourspots for no reason. I know alot of people say "oh my ____ totally should have hit him" and exaggerate, but I am being as honest as I can when I say that there was no ****ing reason for it not to sweetspot and kill. He airdodged into it, right on top of me, at 101%. I just don't even know anymore. You guys have fun with your luck, and I'll stick to killing with my stale moves I guess. It was a great set and we both played really well, so I wasn't too mad about it, but it was rather heartbreaking.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So I went to a thing!

Got 9th. Lost to Dekar and Arty.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305242

I was a complete wreck for this tournament, illness and some unfortunate events, but I'm actually pretty pleased with my performance. I ended up playing to my music, trying to evoke my mental state when I smoke (since I usually listen to music) and it actually worked! I lost all pressure to win and focused solely on spacing, my position, and technical speed. At Pound, Kyon told me to "play faster", one of my problems whenever I'm not in the perfect condition - but I choose some upbeat songs and man, I was flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hcEiEyylEA

Everything autocanceled perfect, jabs and tilts coming out exactly where I wanted them, I was doing things I never do - like double bair behind someone's shield to dsmash - it was beautiful. My best stock the entire tournament was game one against Arty's MK, just flawless. Boppin to my song, and wrapping it up with a sweet sweet usmash punish against a shuttle loop.
We're not talking Illinois' Arty right? I think he would've mentioned to me if he was going to some tournament out west, lol.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I'm happy you listened to me about playing faster. There are some people ad characters that have a very hard time keeping up with fast peach players. What makes it feel better is when you realize it and your able to do all the cancel and oos options correctly. Just amazing ........

That's exactly what Dark Pch said about my Peach that set mine apart from the rest!! You have to be quick and that's why Illmatic has been so succesful because he is very fast with Peach. Everyone needs to work on their tech skill with Peach

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What did you think about Light, Meno?

He is really good at Melee and he did well in Brawl considering he doesn't practice that much for it lol.

I wish I could have made it to that tournament, I think I could have won. Definitely Top 3. I'm bummed now. Money + transportation johns :(
Light is just smart as hell. Nothing fancy, just perfect spacing and lots of float dair. It's very "2008", but he showed me how float dair will never be bad.

I don't know if you'd do that well. How do you do against Kiraflax? Bees is a lot better. And Dakpo is so crazy good. I had no idea.

It was a great set and we both played really well, so I wasn't too mad about it, but it was rather heartbreaking.
Are there phantom hits in Brawl? That suuuucks.

We're not talking Illinois' Arty right? I think he would've mentioned to me if he was going to some tournament out west, lol.
Arturito Burrito? Haha

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Light is just smart as hell. Nothing fancy, just perfect spacing and lots of float dair. It's very "2008", but he showed me how float dair will never be bad.

I don't know if you'd do that well. How do you do against Kiraflax? Bees is a lot better. And Dakpo is so crazy good. I had no idea.
Kiraflax is definitely better than Bees lol.

Dakpo is very good!! We roomed together and I played him at WHOBO 3. We both underestimated each other lol. I'm confident that I would have done well in NM. <3

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Some stupid guy was watching me play and was like "Is that Silly Kyle???"

I paused my match was like, *****, never ever mistake me for that again.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Are there phantom hits in Brawl? That suuuucks.
No (unless you count those hits that just graze a character) but by the sounds of things Nicole hit with that really deceptive part of Peach's Up Smash - you know, the one where it sounds/looks like you've sweetspotted the Up Smash but then the opponent doesn't actually go anywhere near as far as they should do

Or Nicole got unlucky and Olimar just got hit by the sourspot part :( you'll do better next time for sure Nicole :)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I think there are phantom hits in Brawl. You will see this spark when you get one. I get them frequently enough to notice lol

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I think there are phantom hits in Brawl. You will see this spark when you get one. I get them frequently enough to notice lol
They technically aren't phantom hits, they're called 'glancing blows' apparently

They aren't the same since you can actually get repeated/consistent results of glancing blows if you're in the right position, whereas phantom hits occur randomly right?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Phantom hits in Melee occur when you're like 1 frame away from hitting them. Or something like that. I'd have to confirm that lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, I apologize to Raz and Lance. By the time we played, I had already played a lot of matches in a row against projectile characters. I was honestly just super burned out and played really bad. By the time we played I was looking up movie times. XD

z00ted

loool kyle's posts are AMAZING

pr0 and seksi rofllflflfflflfl

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
When I played against shugo I think I felt that way but even knowing that game should take 8 minutes long I rushed anyway playing the my completely wrong. A strong lead in this mu changes the frustration around so much.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
AZ Aftermath
Phoenix, AZ
$10 entry fee
21 entrants
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305527

1st out of 21

1) Silly Kyle :peach:
1) Duff0 :marth: :fox:
3) K9 :falco: :metaknight:
4) Cloudfox :pit: :mario2:
5) Jane :olimar:
5) HadesBlade :yoshi2:
7) Yoshiken :yoshi2:
7) Anjila :lucario:

Also got 1st out of 7 in doubles. Teamed with Duff0 :)

So basically this is one of my best tournament performances to date. I felt I was more prepared for this tournament and put more time in training than in previous ones. It really paid off and I'm totes excited for my Peach down the road. I learned a lot about myself as a player and how to play Peach even better than ever!!

Pools:
K9 - Beat him 2-1. I got greedy edgeguarding his Falco and got footstooled on accident and died the first match lol. Falco is an extremely frustrating matchup, however, I learned a lot how to fight him during my pools matches with K9. Will share some of my insight later.

Anjila - Beat her 2-1. This is the first time I've ever played her Lucario and damn, was I in for a fight for my life!! Definitely one of my unfamiliar matchups and a matchup that I consider kinda tough for Peach. I won the first match pretty easily. Got stomped in the second match on YI. Brought it back last stock on Battlefield. She is amazing and this set was recorded. Can't wait to fight her again at the next tournament. :)

The rest of the people in my pool were new players from my city. Pulled off the up air string against both of them. Pretty sure it was recorded. Good times.

Bracket:
This is where things got way more intense for me. I stepped up my game even harder after my shaky performance in pools. Got a chance to smoke a nice big fat bowl of chronic and came back stronger than ever. I felt like everything was falling into place - my spacing, timing, "mindgames", frame traps, edgeguarding... it was ****ing beautiful.

My first round, I fought against Wolfwood. He plays Kirby. Won the first match with a 2 stock and the second match with a 3 stock. Nothing unusual here. A pretty ez start for me.

My second round, I had to play K9. This time I felt more prepared to take on his Falco. First match was ****. Got some sick combos and finished him off like a champ. The second match was a little closer but I felt cool and in control. This set was recorded, can't wait to put it online.

My third round, I had to play Cloudfox. He went Pit and Bowser against me at the last tournament, but he decided to try out his Mario. It was pretty straightforward for me since I have some matchup experience on wifi with Flameleon. I think one of the matches of this set was recorded. Standard for the most part. Coasted on into Winner's Finals.

So in Winner's Finals, I had to play Duff0. At this point, I had nothing to lose. I never beat him before in a tournament set and I was ready to prove that I was over that mental block. Outplayed him and won a solid 3-0. I felt like everything I worked up to at this point just fell into place. My combos were sick, my spacing was way better than in previous encounters, and I just played smart overall. Definitely felt like I got revenge on the player who plays the one of the matchups I hate the most - Marth.

As I was waiting in Grand Finals, it was getting pretty late and everyone was really hungry. We agreed to finish the tournament after we were done eating. We rushed to the Chinese Buffet 10 minutes before they closed. After all was said and done, people were tired and the idea of finishing the tournament just seemed out of the question. Duff0 and I came to an agreement to end it. I won over $100. I'm very happy and this is the most money I've won from playing Brawl.

I also beat HadesBlade in a $1 MM. 2-1. Was playing sloppy the first match, got pivot grabbed for days. Fixed my errors in the next two after adapting and just ***** face. My combos were spot on!!! Practicing on a level 3 Yoshi was really helpful the days prior to the tournament.

I'm totes ready for Darklink to come back to AZ so I can stomp on him!! Time to dethrone him and become AZ's new #1 with Peach!! I can feel it in my bones.

Genesis 2, here I come!!

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Amazing job Kyle, you think you could've took first if Darklink comes back?

Nicole, good job anyways. Snakes and MKs stop me in tournaments unfortunately... so broken. Falco is eh, you just gotta catch him, and then break his ankles when you do catch him. I love the matchup.

z00ted

HOBO 32
Houston, Texas
$10 Entry Fee
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12882643#post12882643

5th out of 50 Entrants

1) Ultimate Razer :snake:
2) Trela :lucario:
3) Denti :olimar:
4) Bassem :wario:
5) Illmatic :peach:
5) Infinity :metaknight:
7) Dphat :metaknight:
7) Kprime :pikachu2:

Not too pleased with how I performed. I lost to Razer and Trela both 0-2 but basically last hit every game. Razer, I am pretty close to beating, but I don't feel the same way with Trela. He keeps on reading my obvious habits, (I don't feel as though I understand Lucario completely yet, therefore I'm playing predictably). Denti beat Trela in winners, if he hadn't (which usually happens), I would have played him and probably would have beaten him, securing a spot at top three (my ultimate goal). I'll just have to keep working on small stuff and dropping terrible habits that get me read by top players.

Hopefully next time!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
If only I had Bassem in bracket instead of ****ing Olimar (I'm still scarred from playing L Cancel and Logic)...hehe.

Playing Trela at the apartment was mad fun. I've never seen a Lucario move quite like that, it was beautiful.

Nicole

Smash Champion
^dude for real, FAWK olimar. have you ever wondered why olimar players fkn suck with any other characters they try to use? because they're not used to actually having to put in effort to win a match. feels bad losing to one. i feel your pain.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I do too. He teaches players how to stick shift.

But in all seriousness, if his lineup has anything like 3 or more purples and a mixture of red/blue/white, it is the most annoying matchup in existence. I only ever lose my cool against Olimars with heavy leads, because at the moment I'm just like "what the **** do I do now, feed him an approach like he wants?". I love fighting Falco because I can powershield everything while I approach or outcamp him once I get the lead, but this pint sized ******* has little ******* that bite you for ******** amounts of damage, can pull out more while you kill them, laughs at your measly approaches with the largest disjointed pivot grab in the game, and can kill you as quickly as Snake can at times. **** Olimar. I'm going MK or something on him from now on; I know when it's time to call it quits on a matchup...that **** is ridiculous.

/salt

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Olimar is not that bad. I also beat Zori in bracket at WHOBO 3. The matchup is definitely in Peach's favor, but Olimar can give her the business if she isn't careful. I play this matchup frequently so I can help you out later sometime KB. <3

Top Bottom