• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach is incredibly underrated

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
You cannot toad game and watches back air if he spaces it properly (vertically) once he learns to do this and you toad, he can get free smashes on you, which is death at 80%. Toad isn't very good in this matchup IMO..

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I agree with Edrees regarding Toad use in the GnW matchup. It's too risky once the GnW works around it or if they already know how. Even from a more horizontal short hop approach, the bair still eats through the spores more often than not. You're better off just rolling away or spacing a fair in retaliation, something along the lines of that. Heck...even go for an u-tilt from underneath if that's an available option, lol.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
my character is always super underated.bowser is to underated compared to any other character imo

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
Peach is high tier. I meet more and more people who are starting to say this all the time. She is underrated because her relatively high learning curve and the fact that she is a pink princess make people stray away from playing her. However, I see more and more people picking up Peach so its getting better (although I don't believe she'll ever be a popular character). Also about Bowser being underrated.....he would be SOOOOO much higher in the tiers if he didn't get screwed over by D3. Its too bad. He really does have the foundation of a good character this time around (unlike melee). The D3 matchup, unfortunately, will hold him back forever (unless D3 infinates were to be banned but I doubt it).

BentoBox

Smash Master
^ The same can be said about Yoshi who pretty much goes even with the entire cast along with a few 60/40. But in our case, Peach is getting more exposure which allows her to get way up there. But even then, for a character to go up, another needs to go down and I don't exactly know if there is a character currently above her in the tier list that suffers from worst matchups against the high tiers (which is really all that matters at this point). I'm personally fine with her position at the dead center of the t-list.

And I feel you turkey :p. After watching Vex play against Pierce, I really feel like picking him up. But the D3 infinite really does damp his competitive potential...

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
What excatly do you mean?
I'm talking about constantly spaced aerials from your opponents

Most of Peach's bad/harder match ups are often due to the fact that the enemy characters can continually space long range aerials back and forth and follow up with something when they land when they please

Marth and G&W are good examples. Peach's biggest problem with them is their long range aerial which they can constantly space back and forth vs Peach. Peach doesn't have a right lot of options against this method of camping. F Tilt is pretty punishable and Turnips can only get you so far

Peach also doesn't have her own fast, spammable, spaceable aerial. Fair comes close but compared to the likes of Marth's Fair, it simply doesn't have enough range and isn't fast enough. She can't pull a Kirby or Marth and spam spaced aerials against characters

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Most of Peach's bad matchups invovle characters that generally have bigger reach than herself. Thanks to her good spacing technique, long range weapons aren't her biggest weakness, but her zone of vulnerablity is extreme right inbetween the cirlce of her reach and a small distance beyond that to long-range. Characters like Broke'N'Spam, Marth, and Metaknight have just more reach than Peach, therefore effectively use her zone of vulnerability against her. Spacing is the best you can do, though when it comes to characters like those, there is a limit to how much it can do.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
canvas, it's more like game 'n watches ******** priority and raw power and ability to juggle and peach is already easy to juggle. =O

and iono...I think the lucario match-up is far more ******** than mk or marth. but yea i guess that'd just be the combo of reach and power.

meh, i really don't think marth is that hard but gdubs is horrific and lucario can be just as bad.

hiROI

Smash Lord
of course Peach is one of the best characters! all we need to do is show evidence of this in tournaments and such~
except there are some characters who get in the way D:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach has not been doing much lately in tournys. thats why she dropped. I choked my last 2 tournies. and not sure what the others been doing. Hopefully this month I can make a change, there are 2 tournys in MA this month I will go too. and hopefully this other one in PA, lets see how that goes.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thats cool. But for the rankings, they want top 8. And Peach nas not been getting that much. thats why she dropped.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Getting outspaced is a pain.

I just really think that we're all playing Peach Wrong.

Azen's peach is quite remarkable. Seems to have perfect spacing while keeping aggression.
/nutgobble

But honestly, The only reason why I lose in tournament, is just cause I'm not patient, (F*cking Hugs.)
if one had perfect spacing, I'm sure that Peach alone could easily make top ten in a regional.

But First... Dun think so.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
What?

Edrees, what are you talking about?

Playing aggressive is the only way to beat GaW.

Aggressively defensive. =]
This.

G&W's my best matchup. I'm extremely aggressive...but in a very spacey defensive fashion. It's hard to explain, but...I put the G&W under a lot of pressure using a lot of slidey techs, reverse glide toss, upwards glide toss, floating stuff, get him to do attacks and then run into them with my shield and punish.

I've developed ways to punish G&W for almost every approach, and I pressure him heavily to get him to attack, defend the attack and punish. If the angle looks even slightly difficult to punish, I get out of the way and throw turnips until he comes at me from a more favorable angle. I NEVER approach with an attack, however. Allllllways running away throwing crap at him and then suddenly reversing as he tries to attack me.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Also; Peach is not underrated, she's overrated. Her lack of kill potential just limits her too much; the best parts of her moveset need to be saved in order to kill. Is she viable? Yes. Better than you can say for characters like Fox who while otherwise great have a small set of absolutely horrible matchups that can't be overcome. But guys...she's NOT good. We're putting in far more effort to win than our opponents are. People shouldn't be switching to Peach.

Regardless; Peach is, IMO, the most enjoyable character in this game, and I have no intention of abandoning her ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
My guide, all the stuff she can do, and the way she needs to be played to do damage, and you gonna say she is not good? Oh man. Yet it is your opinion so ok....

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Lucario isn't that bad, its just an annoying match up, that requires extreme patience.
And a looooottttt of powershielding.

If you can learn to powershield Lucario's fsmash and aura spheres you can really annoy the crap out of them :laugh: It's quite fun.

Marth and G&W are good examples. Peach's biggest problem with them is their long range aerial which they can constantly space back and forth vs Peach. Peach doesn't have a right lot of options against this method of camping. F Tilt is pretty punishable and Turnips can only get you so far
Turnips > G&W.
You just have to apply them in a very unconventional way...
;)

LOL , no one can play aggressive in Brawl except Metaknight. You get punished bigtime. Going aggressive with Peach is the worst idea ever. I wouldn't make it past my second match being aggressive with her. I'll give you a million dollars if you can take one stock off leepuff being aggessive =P Try it. If a peach goes aggressive on either Snake, Game and watch or metaknight, she has no chance. I'm not talking about randmoms. I'm referring to the best players of each character. Randoms aren't very good and dont know what you are doing. Rule of thumb, if your opponent doesn't smash DI out of your down airs really well, your win isn't a win for peach but a win based on lack of matchup experience.
Peach can be a LOT more aggressive than the rest of the cast, from a relative perspective, however. Autocancelled aerials gives her some actual approaches. Especially against ROB. However, you NEED a good defensive game, because Peach's worst matchups all require a lot of defensive play and can easily up-B OOS, uptilt, or camp her entire pressure and approach game making approaching completely impractical (referring to Snake, Marth, Game & Watch, Metaknight, and Falco here).

And if you can't deal with that part of her game being shut down, you'll get three stocked by those characters.

But against some characters, like Olimar, ROB, etc...Peach actually can go rambo, and it is quite enjoyable. Especially ROB >-]

Please don't take my posts to say that Peach cannot be succesful. She can be VERY susccessful. The key is to recognize her weaknesses (there are a lot) and work around them. I don't believe you can win with peach thinking shes an amazing character. It's recognizing how bad she is that lets you develop strategies to overcome these defecencies and win.
This.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
There is a difference betwwen assertive and aggressive.Even Metaknight cannot play aggressive against smart players.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
My guide, all the stuff she can do, and the way she needs to be played to do damage, and you gonna say she is not good? Oh man. Yet it is your opinion so ok....

Dark, it's all very well saying what Peach can do but you need to take into account what her enemies can do as well

Sonic has a jab lock on everyone in the game. Does that make him one of the best characters? Certainly not. It's because of what his opponent can do as well, which is DI away or not get hit by such an embarrasing lock (it's also hard to pull off as well)

Has anyone ever tried using Peach's 2nd jump in the way I've been describing? Like, consistantly? To move avoid enemy attacks, to bait attacks...It really helps with spacing and there's so much stuff you can to with it...come on people, just try it at least once please D:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Peach's second jump is the new Toad >_<
It took you long enough to realise ;)

You guys can hate on me all you want but I haven't found one single reason as to why what I've been describing is bad/shouldn't be used

I see far too many Peach's casually wasting their 2nd jump to get a Float going and then flinging themselves into the enemy with an aerial. Her 2nd jump gives her so much more options in the air and allows her to bait/space more easily

Toad has his obvious flaws which people have pointed out but regarding this 2nd jump thing no one has come up with any reasons as to why my idea is a bad one and yet it is continually ignored

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Dark, it's all very well saying what Peach can do but you need to take into account what her enemies can do as well

Sonic has a jab lock on everyone in the game. Does that make him one of the best characters? Certainly not. It's because of what his opponent can do as well, which is DI away or not get hit by such an embarrasing lock (it's also hard to pull off as well)

Has anyone ever tried using Peach's 2nd jump in the way I've been describing? Like, consistantly? To move avoid enemy attacks, to bait attacks...It really helps with spacing and there's so much stuff you can to with it...come on people, just try it at least once please D:
I am aware of what my enemy can do. I know Peach in and out. I breath this character. Why do people compare her with match ups and then be like she is just bad cause of them. Again, her match ups are not even domination with high tiers. "what Peach vs G&W, that is so bad for her, man she sucks" That's how people sound to me right now. With all the stuff I know about Peach and what after azen did to get second with her at the east coast regional finals, Peach is a good character.

And yea I use her jump like that.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I well, she's being used more in tourney's that I know, so she's slowly not becoming underrated. ^_^; ♥

But all and all, I still don't see her in high tier yet, mabe if somone convince me to believing she is. ♥

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It took you long enough to realise ;)

You guys can hate on me all you want but I haven't found one single reason as to why what I've been describing is bad/shouldn't be used

I see far too many Peach's casually wasting their 2nd jump to get a Float going and then flinging themselves into the enemy with an aerial. Her 2nd jump gives her so much more options in the air and allows her to bait/space more easily

Toad has his obvious flaws which people have pointed out but regarding this 2nd jump thing no one has come up with any reasons as to why my idea is a bad one and yet it is continually ignored
Watch my recent vids. I hardly if ever waste my second jump before I float. I love to bait my opponents, and you're absolutely right, the second jump really does give her a lot of versatility in the air and many options to choose from.

Definitely a better way of doing things than what I've seen from some others: Jump, jump, float, aerial, get knocked away, ****ty chance for recovery.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Vids or it didn't happen ;)
Singles:

1 - M2K (MK)
2 - Azen (Peach/Pit/Fox/DDD/Luigi) Peach was used 80% of the time.
3 - Ally (snake)
4 - Boss (luigi/mario)
5 - Inui (mk/snake)
5 - Atomsk (ddd)
7 - OBM (gw)
7 - Blackwaltz (olimar)
9 - Ninjalink (diddy/pit/rob)
9 - Snakeee (zss)
9 - Holy (rob)
9 - D1 (falco/snake/ddd?)
13 - dmbrandon (SUPERKNIGHT!!)
13 - Starzonedge (olimar)
13 - Slikvik (gw/peach/wario)
13 - Buuman (ddd)
17 - Pyronic Star (olimar)
17 - Ether (snake) (although he didn't get to play starzonedge, someone entered a result win for starz and they never played, so maybe he woulda placed higher, sorry man)
17 - Fizzi (snake/ddd)
17 - Rhyme (mk)
17 - Niko_K (peach)
17 - Dark Pch (peach)
17 - Supersayianrenan (peach)
17 - PRiDE (yoshi)
25 - Solid Jake (snake, but didn't play)
25 - Sin (lucario mostly, but forfeited so boss could enter)
25 - Noraa (icies?)
25 - Deez (diddy, but i think forfeited some matches)
25 - Silven (?)
25 - Kevin (marth)
25 - Zaf (mk?)
25 - Doom (?)
33 - Icylight
34 - Sion
34 - Mini
34 - C.Awesum
34 - Vulcan
38 - Kippy
38 - Dothack

I was there, you wasnt. I saw his matches, like everyone else that was there, you didn't. Everyone knows that azen went mostly peach at the finals. Why you think that thread about azen was made a month ago about azen getting second with Peach? And azen only has a vid Vs Me from that tournament as Peach.

Game over.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I well, she's being used more in tourney's that I know, so she's slowly not becoming underrated. ^_^; ♥

But all and all, I still don't see her in high tier yet, mabe if somone convince me to believing she is. ♥
So...why was Peach terribly underused in Japan, mind telling me? :O

She was E-rank, right?

BentoBox

Smash Master

Do you guys abide to the same tier list as ours? And do you guys have your very own Smashboards-like site?

Singles:

1 - M2K (MK)
2 - Azen (Peach/Pit/Fox/DDD/Luigi) Peach was used 80% of the time.
3 - Ally (snake)
4 - Boss (luigi/mario)
5 - Inui (mk/snake)
5 - Atomsk (ddd)
7 - OBM (gw)
7 - Blackwaltz (olimar)
9 - Ninjalink (diddy/pit/rob)
9 - Snakeee (zss)
9 - Holy (rob)
9 - D1 (falco/snake/ddd?)
13 - dmbrandon (SUPERKNIGHT!!)
13 - Starzonedge (olimar)
13 - Slikvik (gw/peach/wario)
13 - Buuman (ddd)
17 - Pyronic Star (olimar)
17 - Ether (snake) (although he didn't get to play starzonedge, someone entered a result win for starz and they never played, so maybe he woulda placed higher, sorry man)
17 - Fizzi (snake/ddd)
17 - Rhyme (mk)
17 - Niko_K (peach)
17 - Dark Pch (peach)
17 - Supersayianrenan (peach)
17 - PRiDE (yoshi)
25 - Solid Jake (snake, but didn't play)
25 - Sin (lucario mostly, but forfeited so boss could enter)
25 - Noraa (icies?)
25 - Deez (diddy, but i think forfeited some matches)
25 - Silven (?)
25 - Kevin (marth)
25 - Zaf (mk?)
25 - Doom (?)
33 - Icylight
34 - Sion
34 - Mini
34 - C.Awesum
34 - Vulcan
38 - Kippy
38 - Dothack

I was there, you wasnt. I saw his matches, like everyone else that was there, you didn't. Everyone knows that azen went mostly peach at the finals. Why you think that thread about azen was made a month ago about azen getting second with Peach? And azen only has a vid Vs Me from that tournament as Peach.

Game over.
He asked you to show vids of yourself using the second jump as he described. How is Azen, or this whole post for that matter, relevant in any way to his inquiry? :p

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
He asked you to show vids of yourself using the second jump as he described. How is Azen, or this whole post for that matter, relevant in any way to his inquiry? :p
As I said. Azen was not recorded. only that one match with me was recorded. But if the proof is there, there is really no need for videos. Its a known facted anyway, azen got second with her.

He did not go Peach on ally, he went DDD to beat him And he went peach once on Boss and lost that, so went Marth and won. I think those are the only 2 that I know of. The rest he won with Peach.

Top Bottom