• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach is incredibly underrated

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I still stand. buy what I say. Again, I dont care what others do and I wont follow if I don't want too. Peach can do it alone, and Azen was the closest person to do that And not to insult the WC but the EC is better and look at how azen did with Peach here at a regional tournament.

Peach can do it alone. reason people fine that hard to believe is cause they are usually worried about these hard match ups and how defensless they are against them for w/e disadvantage they have. "omg I have to play M2K meta, meta is goof good and broken as it is, now its with the best player in the word, and this match up is not in my favor, I have no chance of winning" Thats how people think alot, thus think she can't take a win.

And how in the world do you come to the logic that you are better than me and Niko K, I wanna hear this.

My opinion, people need to give that crap up. you have to put tons of work in to take a win with Peach. And from how it sounds like to me:

- People don't wanna work that hard
- People just don't take the time to actually work hard or just dont know how, or have any patients (which you need alot with Peach)

This is why people think the way they do with Peach. and think it is impossible, which it is not.

And about vidjo, I already said I don't like when I treat one with respect them wanna talk behind my back and insult me. I despise that with a passion. one big reason i hate people. Anyway drop the talk with vidjo, not about him.
It's Azen, what else can you expect? His title of "master of diversity" isn't just thrown out there for no reason. I'm not sure what this proves exactly, as even he could not get first place with her. Also, people may generally think that way, but I doubt that most would let themselves think of the situation in a panicky way like that, it usually in a "now how can I make this a little easier on myself" sort of way, unless they really are in a panic which would spell certain doom in the set anyway. As for my statement on me being a better player than you two, to be frank...I just am. Don't worry too much about credentials, they will come soon, I promise.

How can you say that Peach players aren't working hard? Honestly, how can you even conceive that? Have you been paying attention to Sky, Edrees, etc.? They've been playing their butts off against skilled players who use higher tier characters, sometimes they win, sometimes it's really close and they win/lose, but the fact is...they came to the realization that subs are absolutely necessary to have a better chance at winning. Yes, Peach can win any matchup, advantageous or disadvantageous with great effort put forth, but there is more to worry about when the player behind that wheel is an incredibly skilled one as well. Why purposefully make the situation harder on yourself when you can pick up another character to give you a better chance against her harder matchups? It doesn't necessarily have to be a high tier character, just one that may stand a better chance in certain matchups. It's not "cheap, it's not "dishonorable", it's not "cowardly", it's smart. You mention "playing smart" countless times, and counterpicking characters/stages is part of playing smart, and I'm sure your idol Mike G would agree to that as truth.

Again, do what you want to do, no one is stopping you. Just know that it takes more than in-game smarts to get ahead sometimes. This isn't a wonderful 80's "hard work and dedication" montage that usually ends with some miracle, this is real-life. I wish you luck.

And regarding Vidjo, you're the one that brought him up more than once. :ohwell:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's Azen, what else can you expect? His title of "master of diversity" isn't just thrown out there for no reason. I'm not sure what this proves exactly, as even he could not get first place with her. Also, people may generally think that way, but I doubt that most would let themselves think of the situation in a panicky way like that, it usually in a "now how can I make this a little easier on myself" sort of way, unless they really are in a panic which would spell certain doom in the set anyway. As for my statement on me being a better player than you two, to be frank...I just am. Don't worry too much about credentials, they will come soon, I promise.

How can you say that Peach players aren't working hard? Honestly, how can you even conceive that? Have you been paying attention to Sky, Edrees, etc.? They've been playing their butts off against skilled players who use higher tier characters, sometimes they win, sometimes it's really close and they win/lose, but the fact is...they came to the realization that subs are absolutely necessary to have a better chance at winning. Yes, Peach can win any matchup, advantageous or disadvantageous with great effort put forth, but there is more to worry about when the player behind that wheel is an incredibly skilled one as well. Why purposefully make the situation harder on yourself when you can pick up another character to give you a better chance against her harder matchups? It doesn't necessarily have to be a high tier character, just one that may stand a better chance in certain matchups. It's not "cheap, it's not "dishonorable", it's not "cowardly", it's smart. You mention "playing smart" countless times, and counterpicking characters/stages is part of playing smart, and I'm sure your idol Mike G would agree to that as truth.

Again, do what you want to do, no one is stopping you. Just know that it takes more than in-game smarts to get ahead sometimes. This isn't a wonderful 80's "hard work and dedication" montage that usually ends with some miracle, this is real-life. I wish you luck.

And regarding Vidjo, you're the one that brought him up more than once. :ohwell:
Don't give me "its azen" excuse. he is a smart dude, picked Peach, used what he knew and got second at the regional finals he made it this far with a character that people think could not go. That's the point. And I think it was possible for him to get first. the one game he went peach vs M2K meta it was a close game, Azen could have teken it. So don't give me that.

Also with you thinking you are better than use 2. you have nothing to prove or back this up. No tourny results, vids of you beating good players offline, etc. Me and him have done it and worked our azzes off, so for someone like you to just come in here and say that when we have done more than you? sorry, invalid. You are not better than us with nothing to show for it in the past or even now. don't be arrogant to players who work thier azzes and you just come out of nowhere thinking you better cause of some crap you can't even explain and flat out say you are better. Done.

Also I never bashed edreese and the rest on not working hard. I even say it myself that he is a better Peach player than I am. I am saying what I think it is with most Peach players. If I thought this with edreese and the rest I would have said "all of you" But that is how I feel when it comes to Peach in general. hat list that I made? till this day I still hear people complaining like that and saying screw Peach.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Don't give me "its azen" excuse. he is a smart dude, picked Peach, used what he knew and got second at the regional finals he made it this far with a character that people think could not go. That's the point. And I think it was possible for him to get first. the one game he went peach vs M2K meta it was a close game, Azen could have teken it. So don't give me that.

Also with you thinking you are better than use 2. you have nothing to prove or back this up. No tourny results, vids of you beating good players offline, etc. Me and him have done it and worked our azzes off, so for someone like you to just come in here and say that when we have done more than you? sorry, invalid. You are not better than us with nothing to show for it in the past or even now. don't be arrogant to players who work thier azzes and you just come out of nowhere thinking you better cause of some crap you can't even explain and flat out say you are better. Done.

Also I never bashed edreese and the rest on not working hard. I even say it myself that he is a better Peach player than I am. I am saying what I think it is with most Peach players. If I thought this with edreese and the rest I would have said "all of you" But that is how I feel when it comes to Peach in general. hat list that I made? till this day I still hear people complaining like that and saying screw Peach.
I'm giving you that. It's Azen, that's not an excuse, that's fact.

I suppose I didn't make this clear enough for you already. I said the credentials will come. You don't have to take my word for it, I don't really care. I know that I am capable of going out there and claiming some recognition if I really wanted to at this point, and there are other players out there, more important than you are (you know who you are "ooooo lord oooooo Jesus" lol) who I believe would agree with me. But...I don't really have to tell you all of this, you're not the one I need to prove anything to.

Just...no comment on that last bit. You didn't specify beforehand.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It is not impossible for one to be better than someone and all. But you comming out like that saying you are better than us with nothing to show for it? makes you arrogant. And people who buy this are just as arrogant as you. So actually, yes you have to prove to me you are better, and you done nothing, tournament results and MM videos speak for themselves. You can't take that away from us. you got nothing, and can't back up your claim, so you are not better than use.

And I don't care about other people and who is more important then me. Don't compare me with other people, really arrogant ones. For all you know, they could agree with you cause they have something anaginst me/Niko or don't like us/give a **** about us. so of course if you say that, your friends/people you know will agree. so that is not saying anything.

And you know what I also find funny? I think People in this thread agree with you too. And if so, seriously wtf? Me and Niko have done way more than this kid. Thats just taking away credit for what we done and giving it to him when he has done nothing because (insert BS reason here)

But saying all of this out of no where, and comming from you.........something is not right, I smell a rat at work here. cause seriously, this is all BS.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It is not impossible for one to be better than someone and all. But you comming out like that saying you are better than us with nothing to show for it? makes you arrogant. And people who buy this are just as arrogant as you. So actually, yes you have to prove to me you are better, and you done nothing, tournament results and MM videos speak for themselves. You can't take that away from us. you got nothing, and can't back up your claim, so you are not better than use.

And I don't care about other people and who is more important then me. Don't compare me with other people, really arrogant ones. For all you know, they could agree with you cause they have something anaginst me/Niko or don't like us/give a **** about us. so of course if you say that, your friends/people you know will agree. so that is not saying anything.

And you know what I also find funny? I think People in this thread agree with you too. And if so, seriously wtf? Me and Niko have done way more than this kid. Thats just taking away credit for what we done and giving it to him when he has done nothing because (insert BS reason here)

But saying all of this out of no where, and comming from you.........something is not right, I smell a rat at work here. cause seriously, this is all BS.
Yep yep.

Actually, the person who would agree with me is also better than you two (with credentials by the way), but I said they would agree with me being capable of doing very well, not the claim that I am a better player than you. Pay more attention.

You disappointed me as a player who I thought of as "pretty cool and skilled" once upon a time, and your personality isn't very great either. I'll just associate myself with better people than you, both in-game and out-of-game.

Take that as you will.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yep yep.

Actually, the person who would agree with me is also better than you two (with credentials by the way), but I said they would agree with me being capable of doing very well, not the claim that I am a better player than you. Pay more attention.

You disappointed me as a player who I thought of as "pretty cool and skilled" once upon a time, and your personality isn't very great either. I'll just associate with better people than you, both in-game and out-of-game.

Take that as you will.

Ok, now I am annoyed for the fact that I am sick and tired of people doing this.

Who the hell are you to tell me what kind of person I am, you never met me in person or know how I am in person. I have lots of people who can back me up on this. So don't sit here and tell me how I am like you know me. Cause you don't, so buzz of with that.

Second I have a good personality, and only show it to people who deserve it, and from how you come off, you don't deserve it. I treat people with respect when we hang out and play. Don't you compare how you see me on here to how I am in person. Againyou know 2 ****s about me. so fawk off with that and also telling others that as well. tired of the message and crap. its really annoying. freaking 2 faced you are, I can't really trust anyone I swear.

You did this same **** in the canada thread, then message me saying You did not mean what you said and all. then out of nowhere you come in here and do it again? You and whoever this person is aren't better than me and Niko, you can't even explain yourselves and got **** to show for it. we done too much, you done ****, you are not better, facts are there.

so do me a big favor and quit the BS like you know me around here and else where. I really get tired of having to hear people come up to me saying they heard this and that from someone. It's really ****ing annoying and I am trully sick of it. I can't go anywhere without this bull**** on me. you people don't know me at all. you don't ****ing ask questions. you always assume ****, really without seeing and talking to me IN PERSON! Keep my damm name out of your mouth. you don't ****ing know me alright, don't act like you do cause you don't. I am cool, friendlie, etc with people when I meet them in person. even online, but not to the ones who act and talk i like you. till you and this person is show me something., you are not better than us, not even close to being better, and keep my name out your damm mouth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to end this BS which is not needed, who here thinks that Peach and Snake can be an even fight, like 50-50?

Sky`

Smash Lord
Hey Bento Box.
If I had big t i t s (THat's blocked out? Wow....)
would you do me?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Aaand? I'm not heaaaring a nooooooooo!
I told you, I don't even know you like that. I don't do one nite stand.

Yeah...nice personality there. >.>;
You don't deserve one from me, so its over.

Anyway to my question I asked. Anyone think that Peach can go even with snake. I think this match up is a lil underrated now. I am really starting to think it is not 40-60 Snake.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wow, you people respond too fast...o_o

Completely different from my characters' boards.

vvv

Same time post...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
So you have more of a conditional personality regarding kindness toward others. That's still bad. Oh well. XP

And Snake still has the edge in the matchup, but it's definitely nowhere near impossible for the Peach to win it. Play carefully, avoid tilts, pay attention to mines/explosives, exploit openings, etc.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I feel qualified enough to say we have a crazy in this thread, bat**** crazy :D I looove peach drama :DDD

ontopic (well, the original topic ;P)

Peach is a good character with much more room to grow as players realize that she has an extremely strong moveset when you are able to mask her weaknesses by abusing her float and xbox-huge autocancel windows (and slathering on the gayness.) She has a "safe" answer to almost every situation (that doesnt involve running away) because she has fast, lagless (autocancel as needed) attacks with adjustable range (anything floating.) Her only real drawback is that you have to make up for her comparatively weaker (to higher tiers) killing options by learning how to be safe and stay safe as you work the other guy to a high enough % to kill.

At the end of the day, you have less room for mistakes at high-level play because you picked peach, but if you're confident in your ability to be the most disgusting, hated peach, then by all means. I was looking for an old quote (i think by MrSilver?) that was basically "but dont worry, everyone hates Peach." Your goal is to be THAT Peach :p

BentoBox

Smash Master
W-P for best Peach boards poster imo.

Also, @Sky, totally babe. I'd be your maple syrup any day, pancake. No need for boobs, im digging your double Es <3333

$BONE$

Smash Ace
FICTION. I have no idea where Peach stands as far as advantages and disadvantages go.. but, I agree with you. Shes extremely technical. I'm finally playing her differently thanks to TKD and Havok. They've been helping me out a lot..! Peach can really be one of the most annoying characters to play if you camp correctly. She has plenty of defensive options against the most necessary characters to win, which is what inspired me to play again. Her jump + airdodge is such a wonderful set up/escape tool. Just always carry a turnip in hand and avoid all punishable confrontation. Its super ANNOYING but works SUPER WELL. SKYYY, I have a lot to show you when I see you next.

Sky`

Smash Lord
LMAO
I'd be your maple syrup any day, Pancake.
Sigged. I'm going to sleep, but I love you.

Sky`

Smash Lord
FICTION. I have no idea where Peach stands as far as advantages and disadvantages go.. but, I agree with you. Shes extremely technical. I'm finally playing her differently thanks to TKD and Havok. They've been helping me out a lot..! Peach can really be one of the most annoying characters to play if you camp correctly. She has plenty of defensive options against the most necessary characters to win, which is what inspired me to play again. Her jump + airdodge is such a wonderful set up/escape tool. Just always carry a turnip in hand and avoid all punishable confrontation. Its super ANNOYING but works SUPER WELL. SKYYY, I have a lot to show you when I see you next.
Bone.
Go to my new thread, and help out!
I need some minds like yours. And go to SCSA.
Cause I got some surprises for you too! =D

Panix

Smash Ace
Peach vs Snake will not be anything less then 60:40 snake. I've read a few Peach vs Snake threads and one thing i don't seem to find is one answer.

If you have a safe answer for all of snakes moves, how do you answer his f-tilt?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach vs Snake will not be anything less then 60:40 snake. I've read a few Peach vs Snake threads and one thing i don't seem to find is one answer.

If you have a safe answer for all of snakes moves, how do you answer his f-tilt?
bait and punish, I do it all the time when snakes wanna go for tilts. Jump back and float a lil, then when he is about to throw the second tilt out, go in and hit him with a Fair. Same can be done with Bair.

But the best option to me is short hopped dair. This gets him good on ftilts and in general. and I think that can match up score can drop.

$BONE$

Smash Ace

Snake can out camp you. True that. Camping doesnt work against him. F-U- Hall. Most of that is applied for characters like MK, Marth// Projectile-less characters. I think playing aggressive works better most of the time but, then again I'm no guru. I don't study all this frame data nonsense. I hate playing Snake. :< Don't try and camp Snake people. Even though I have tried it, my matches lasted almost the whole 7 minutes. Snake has more options and will **** you hard if he goes aggressive, from what I've learned.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Snake can out camp you. True that. Camping doesnt work against him. F-U- Hall. Most of that is applied for characters like MK, Marth// Projectile-less characters. I think playing aggressive works better most of the time but, then again I'm no guru. I don't study all this frame data nonsense. I hate playing Snake. :< Don't try and camp Snake people. Even though I have tried it, my matches lasted almost the whole 7 minutes. Snake has more options and will **** you hard if he goes aggressive, from what I've learned.
I have actually camped a snake when he was grenade camping e. and it was going even. Here is the thing though; you need ALOT of patients And if you don't have that, don't bother reading on:

The clock ran out and he won by a few % When he was grenade camping me I did not rush him. i just tossed turnips both air and ground while keeping my distance.

You can send more turnips to Snake than he can with grenades, he can only launch 2 at you. and one does not explode till like 3/4 sec. And if he tosses one early what I like to do is toss a turnip and him then the grenade soon after. and a turnip to follow the grenade. This can screw his camping. Also his shield will be eaten up alot more than yours. Thats the bad think about a camping with snake if the Peach is patient.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
I have actually camped a snake when he was grenade camping e. and it was going even. Here is the thing though; you need ALOT of patients And if you don't have that, don't bother reading on:

The clock ran out and he won by a few % When he was grenade camping me I did not rush him. i just tossed turnips both air and ground while keeping my distance.

You can send more turnips to Snake than he can with grenades, he can only launch 2 at you. and one does not explode till like 3/4 sec. And if he tosses one early what I like to do is toss a turnip and him then the grenade soon after. and a turnip to follow the grenade. This can screw his camping. Also his shield will be eaten up alot more than yours. Thats the bad think about a camping with snake if the Peach is patient.
You're right about that, for sure. It does take an excessive amount of patients. The Snake player that I play-Hall (who beat Edrees by camping) I camped out the last two times I played him in tournament months ago and that was the only possible way I could beat him (it felt). Going aggressive to me sometimes felt almost impossible, maybe I'm just terrible. I do remember camping him and taking him to the last game everytime, the counterpick in the end will get you too if you're not careful. I cant stand playing a campy snake on Lylat or Luigis. I'd rather do FD personally. **** IT.

Edit: Just don't play dumb. lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It is risky to go aggressive against Snake when he is camping. He can punish you well when he is keping it cool and you rush at him. And his tils will get you bad. Thats why patients is really important.

Best stage for me to take snake on is Japes. His uptilt's are **** to you there. And he can't camp that well on that stage and when keeping the pressure on him, it is hard for snake to break free from you and get away. I think you can camp better than him there. I THINK.

BentoBox

Smash Master
While patience is indeed needed in heaps in this match-up, if the Snake is just as patient as you are, you'll be forced to approach him sooner or later. Once you get in semi close range, he'll tone down on the nade spamming and that's usually where the fun starts. Predict his mortar slides with backwards Gtosses, bait his tilts and punish accordingly... Just remember to pay attention to the C4s and the mines :[

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
While patience is indeed needed in heaps in this match-up, if the Snake is just as patient as you are, you'll be forced to approach him sooner or later. Once you get in semi close range, he'll tone down on the nade spamming and what's usually where the fun starts. Predict his mortar slides with backwards Gtosses, bait his tilts and punish accordingly... Just remember to pay attention to the C4s and the mines :[
Thats why in my match, the time ran out. as I had to approach him at a point, he did too me, for I was killing his shield too. this also slowed down his camping and I had a few openeins where I could go inside snake and get him. As I said this takes an extreme about of Patients. If you don't have it, you won't do well at all. Me and the snake player were not backing down at all. I was trying to out patient him as he was to me. This cause the clock to run out.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I actually didn't take this stance because of edrees. He's the one who made me investigate it though lol. I think to be considered one of the best, peach would require a ton more tech skill than I see being used by peaches, even edrees. He plays a mostly baiting style, and I think with the hovering and quick aerials peach could be played much more offensively and then pretty much avoid most hits by instantly shielding. Just my opinion.
LOL , no one can play aggressive in Brawl except Metaknight. You get punished bigtime. Going aggressive with Peach is the worst idea ever. I wouldn't make it past my second match being aggressive with her. I'll give you a million dollars if you can take one stock off leepuff being aggessive =P Try it. If a peach goes aggressive on either Snake, Game and watch or metaknight, she has no chance. I'm not talking about randmoms. I'm referring to the best players of each character. Randoms aren't very good and dont know what you are doing. Rule of thumb, if your opponent doesn't smash DI out of your down airs really well, your win isn't a win for peach but a win based on lack of matchup experience.

Also, I've decided that if I ever get a stock lead on a nade camping snake, im going to plank the rest of the match. This isn't so much to win as it is to make him frustrated and teach him a lesson about playing gay. Just drop off the ledge while up airing , then up B. If he gets too close, jump to the right and aerial him then regrab. If he keeps distance keep dropping off and UP Bing.

Please don't take my posts to say that Peach cannot be succesful. She can be VERY susccessful. The key is to recognize her weaknesses (there are a lot) and work around them. I don't believe you can win with peach thinking shes an amazing character. It's recognizing how bad she is that lets you develop strategies to overcome these defecencies and win.

I challenge all Peaches to play my Game and watch and lets see if you can be aggressive :D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I challenge all Peaches to play my Game and watch and lets see if you can be aggressive :D
Aww damm, see edreese. I am a defensive Peach, I can't take on that bet. Also Peach is not suppose to play him aggresive. that is asking to get *****. Stop trying to hussel these kids dudes ;

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I agree; Peach has to be played defensively.

Side note; I've also played alot of good snakes lately. I definitely think the matchup has the potential; However I still think the matchup is slightly in his favor. 45-55 Snake.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Is it me or does Peach suffer from aerial camping?

Looking at our match ups, it seems that a lot of them have the same pattern for beating Peach - outspace Peach with some form of an aerial. G&W, MK, Kirby, Wolf, Sonic...a lot of Peach's match ups involve her opponent in some way or another moving back and forth with some kind of aerial to act as a wall vs Peach...

Sky`

Smash Lord
What?

Edrees, what are you talking about?

Playing aggressive is the only way to beat GaW.

Aggressively defensive. =]

That matchup is strictly psychological. Psychologically make them less aggressive, and then you can pressure them to death, each stock.
Toad their approaches, and they'll stop Bairing.

That's the jist of it.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah, the GnW matchup is strictly about momentary exploitation. Play defensive and be wary of his aerials/smashes, and punish any little opening that may present itself. It mist be a match of very little mistake making for the Peach player, similar to most other high tier matchups.

Top Bottom