• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Who here is actually able to platform cancel consistently? Better yet, do multiple PCs in a row.

I swear that **** has like a 1-frame window

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Who here is actually able to platform cancel consistently? Better yet, do multiple PCs in a row.

What do you mean by platform canceling consistently? I can platform cancel and buffer stuff from it consistently but I can't do that dumb gimmicky ramincancel stuff for more than 3 times.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I'm thankful for Apex-tickets being cheap.
I'm thankful for uair having a windbox.

@LzR I can PC when jumping while standing on the stage. This is because G&W's first jump is perfect in height so that it becomes easier to PC, but doing it out of a mid-air jump is soooo hard. I don't get why. Especially when trying to do SuperRamincancel.
I'd love to be able to PC whenever I want. Would be pretty sweet.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Don't tell me you are doing it with the very old method of releasing the control stick that our ancestors wrote on a stone tablet?

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace

I can do it from the ground and when jumping straight from the ledge, but I've never seen a reason to do it from a midair jump or once you're already on the platform. That actually sounds really hard.

Valdens

Smash Ace
This is late but who cares lolol. Smiley, Rich and I was actually just a two game set in pools. We two stocked eachother. I also beat Zeton pretty handily in mid tiers, and the best DK in Texas whatever his name is. A tired and needing to go home after a really long tournament Valdens also lost to Germ last hit.

Ryo trashed me three times in a row though. Pretty much singlehandedly knocked me out of all singles events, was a bit disheartening. I actually placed better in ****ing Melee than either Brawl events and I suck **** at that game lmao

It's feasible that I might be the best pure GnW main right now. What sad news for our character.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty guys, I'm going to my first legit tourney ever today. I know I'll probably get my a** handed to me, but oh well. I just hope I'm not totally and completely outclassed.

Good news is that I'll be repping our 2-D friend the whole tourney, even though everybody and their mother in New England plays Snake.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
For my first tournament I think I did pretty well. I got 9th in singles out of 19, losing to KC 24 (sonic, power ranked 8th in region) and Fatal (Snake). Games against KC 24 were both 3rd stock high percent, and I got Fatal to his last stock but I would not call it "close".

In doubles my partner and I went dubz G dubz. It was splendid. We went 1-2, but had a good time. Gardex, someone said you were watching the stream in the very beginning when we were playing friendlies?

I saved some of the matches that I played on my wii. I have a lot of MikeRay destroying me that I'll use to study. The good news is that I went GW the entire tourney. The bad news is that everyone in New England plays MK, Snake, or Falco. Time to step it up.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Yeah I watched the entire stream.
I've always been following the New England scene.

Losing to KC and Fatal isn't bad at all. Especially Fatal, who is a beast.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I didn't know you were a New Englander, that's pretty cool. Props to getting Fatal to last stock, especially with G&W. Dunno if I could even do that with MK lol.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Good stuff Sar

Meow recently beat our sonic that I have to go MK on so maybe he can give some advice?

Fatal is good so beating him at your first tourney would have been crazy anyway.

I've been playing p:m full time out here. I wanna enter a brawl tourney so bad right now =P

Sylarius

Smash Ace
I don't know about you guys but P:M G&W feels terrible to me compared to Brawl's, even though Brawl's is already pretty terrible. I liked his nair and upb a lot better in brawl. Especially nair. Though his side b is far far better so that's good.

There's a local tournament coming up on Sunday that me and some other guys are running and there's going to be P:M 3.0 . I've never played it before (I've barely played P:M at all) but I'm thinking of entering anyway for lols... any advice before I get my ass kicked would be appreciated so I don't lose both sets like I did in Calgary. (damned zelda vs jigglypuff man...)

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
any advice before I get my *** kicked would be appreciated so I don't lose both sets like I did in Calgary. (damned zelda vs jigglypuff man...)

His wavedash is pretty easy, become comfortable with using it because his smashes are still really good, so being able to wavedash backwards and dsmash or wavedash in and fsmash gives you a lot more kill options.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I don't know about you guys but P:M G&W feels terrible to me compared to Brawl's, even though Brawl's is already pretty terrible. I liked his nair and upb a lot better in brawl. Especially nair. Though his side b is far far better so that's good.
I feel the same way. I didn't like that they went more to his Melee self.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Good stuff Sar

Meow recently beat our sonic that I have to go MK on so maybe he can give some advice?

Fatal is good so beating him at your first tourney would have been crazy anyway.

I've been playing p:m full time out here. I wanna enter a brawl tourney so bad right now =P

I don't really remember the match all too well, but I had just been playing complete yolo GnW, with success. If he was above me I would either SHNair or UpB to a fastfalled aerial. I mostly just forced approach and then threw my moves out very early against him so that he would run into them. Also, when recovering, remember that if you grab they can't UpB again, so if you remember that, there are only a few options Sonic can do. He can either use an aerial to try and stop grabs (Fair mostly) or air dodge. If you can condition to be airdodging by using dtilt, then you can change it up with a charged Usmash and kill him in the vulnerable frames of the airdodge at like.. 90%. I wish I had saved the replays, because I don't remember it that well.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
It was bracket pools last year, but top 4 made it out, and then the championship bracket reset and you were put into winners round one.

This year is bracket pools again, but this time top 2 make it out iirc(and there are two rounds of pools). But that's not really the annoying part, the annoying part is that if you get knocked into losers in pools, you're stuck there for the rest of the tournament
So basically, it's one BIG bracket

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Dunno probably in one of the last places.

I had m2k, kuroobi, hall, quest, zerotay, and like 2 didn't show up.

I lost to m2k then ZeroTay (German ZSS)

M2K worked me. I was actually playing friendlies with him right before

ZeroTay was blah. I suicided 4 time I never even had my opportunity to play ultra gay. Screwed up an up-b and desired from the ledge then on bf I somehow consecutively got caught under bf on the first 2 stocks. I just choked so I barely got to even play

The whole experience was amazing and worth it despite that though. Ask me for stories if you want it was great

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I was pooled with a Japanese Falco who I barely won against. Then I lost to Lie and lost to Gheb in losers. Forgive my shameful display.

Sar

Smash Journeyman
All is forgiven!

And I want those stories, smiley. Also, any advice for going to a big tournament? Meeting people/where I should go/what I should do etc.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
It was bracket pools last year, but top 4 made it out, and then the championship bracket reset and you were put into winners round one.

This year is bracket pools again, but this time top 2 make it out iirc(and there are two rounds of pools). But that's not really the annoying part, the annoying part is that if you get knocked into losers in pools, you're stuck there for the rest of the tournament
So basically, it's one BIG bracket
That was how the tournament I went to a month ago was run. Got knocked into losers by Alphicans (he didn't g&w ditto me, the fraud)

Then I lost to a luigi ofc.

Smiley I'd love to hear your stories too if you wouldn't mind sharing them.

Top Bottom