• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Skymin50

Smash Cadet
Lots of words
Wacky Fruit does live up to it's name. However, Lazy Fruit has it's uses too. Lazy Galaxian absolutely TEARS through shields (it does almost 8 or some loops) and can do nice percentages.

I've heard On-Fire might be better for Battlefield or similar stages. Set it up on one platform and you have that platform secured, plus anything nearby. Use it for spacing to Pac's advantage.

Yeah, his up customs are for sure the most interesting. SPP is bad because it loses zoning ability, but you can use it I suppose based on matchups.

Meteor Trampoline is interesting too, it's not the amazing recovery Pac is known for but it's got amazing zoning potential. Your opponent can't do giant hops into the air to hit you with something on the way down, plus the meteor effect can let Pac get a free uncharged Fsmash if possible.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Words words words.
I'll be honest I haven't had much testing with lazy fruit but I would like to try it more.

What you've said about on-fire actually makes a lot of sense, kinda acts like Snake's spacing on Battlefield in Brawl.

I still think the Super Tramp is good. You lose the spacing ability with it but it is very good out of shield and does kill really early in the top blast zone. I don't think I'd ever take the normal up special just because you already have so much recovery with your side B into Up B. I've never needed the extra bounce.

Skymin50

Smash Cadet
I'll be honest I haven't had much testing with lazy fruit but I would like to try it more.

What you've said about on-fire actually makes a lot of sense, kinda acts like Snake's spacing on Battlefield in Brawl.

I still think the Super Tramp is good. You lose the spacing ability with it but it is very good out of shield and does kill really early in the top blast zone. I don't think I'd ever take the normal up special just because you already have so much recovery with your side B into Up B. I've never needed the extra bounce.
Does it kill early? I haven't played around with it much, I might try it out.

Skymin50

Smash Cadet
Basically finishes off aerial combos even better than the normal up B. I've killed at ~70% with it multiple times
Interesting. I might try it out with some friends sometime.

It's not as good as recovery as regular Up-B where you can recover basically everywhere but if it's a kill move then I'll take it. Pac needs more of those.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. I might try it out with some friends sometime.

It's not as good as recovery as regular Up-B where you can recover basically everywhere but if it's a kill move then I'll take it. Pac needs more of those.
I actually think normal up-b is useless. If you side-b before you up-b you can recover from anywhere anyway. Plus the super tramp gives you as much height as the last bounce anyway.

Skymin50

Smash Cadet
I actually think normal up-b is useless. If you side-b before you up-b you can recover from anywhere anyway. Plus the super tramp gives you as much height as the last bounce anyway.
True, but you can make some stupid recoveries with Up-B that you couldn't otherwise. It's also good against Little Macs, who hate going into the air. Trampolines force him up there, which means you can do as you please.

Also useful if your side-B fails.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Normal Trampoline has potential in doubles, I think. It can help a normally doomed partner recover without having to damage them. I normally use Fire Hydrant, but I think Dire Hydrant is generally the better choice for doubles. I tend to find the normal hydrant just works against my partner more than it helps me. Admittedly, I haven't messed around with On-Fire Hydrant yet, but I'd assume it could be too much of a hindrance to Pac-Man's great stage control, unless you want to play super-defensively. But I think Pac-Man's too successful at applying pressure for that to be a good trade-off.

Skymin50

Smash Cadet
I normally use Fire Hydrant, but I think Dire Hydrant is generally the better choice for doubles..
What? Is this Exploding Plug or what?

Edit: So it is. Weird.

I don't know, it's not a KO move and giving up what is really, really good spacing/damage for On-Fire for Pac-Man is kind of bad.

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Normal Trampoline has potential in doubles, I think. It can help a normally doomed partner recover without having to damage them. I normally use Fire Hydrant, but I think Dire Hydrant is generally the better choice for doubles. I tend to find the normal hydrant just works against my partner more than it helps me. Admittedly, I haven't messed around with On-Fire Hydrant yet, but I'd assume it could be too much of a hindrance to Pac-Man's great stage control, unless you want to play super-defensively. But I think Pac-Man's too successful at applying pressure for that to be a good trade-off.
I don't play a lot of doubles but I imagine the on-fire or water are better with a partner who can one shot the hydrant. I just think even as a downward projectile both hydrants that stick are better than Dire. It explodes too soon after you toss it.

Edit: I agree with you on the normal tramp though. Good thinking.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I don't play a lot of doubles but I imagine the on-fire or water are better with a partner who can one shot the hydrant. I just think even as a downward projectile both hydrants that stick are better than Dire. It explodes too soon after you toss it.

Probably just my experience shaping my opinion. Most partners I've had haven't been privy to how the hydrant works, so it usually ends up ruining their combos or messing with their recoveries. I've had some success using Dire Hydrant in doubles, as the range of the explosion can make for some great coverage, splitting up the other team and resetting bad situations at times. I'll have to try out the other options more, though, especially On-Fire.

Zage

Smash Journeyman

From my experience on-water works pretty well, given that every time I've played 2v2 I've had a partner who knew how the hydrant worked and was able to use it without hindering each other.

I disagree about the trampoline though. While it does sound good on paper, If an ally was far away enough from a stage to need a trampoline to recover, the initial jump to place it will probably kill Pac-Man when he tries to recover due to the height of it being so poor, least you risk hitting your ally or getting gimped from the enemies if you stick around for the second jump.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
You know... after the PotD that showed Bass, Treble and Zero.. I'm with a little more hope about Pac's trophies in the Wii U version.. for something beyond Pac-Mania be referenced, for God's sake...
there's SO many games that are important for Pac's story... and so many that are easy to rip assets.. The World trilogy (and Rally), Party, Ghostly Adventures, Fever, All-Stars, Street Fighter X Tekken, the Mario Kart Arcade GP trilogy, etc..

Heck, Mega Man is getting brand new models for his series just for show off as trophies.. and not even the classic elements of Pac-Land were recreated in Pac's arsenal of trophies (aside the hydrant, which is part of his moveset anyway)... everything that is not part of Pac-Man as playable character is sprite based! My God... (and not just this.. the descriptions in Pac's profile and the Ghost Gang always describes them as "videogame characters", their behaviors in the game itself and legacy in the industry.. not as actually characters with their personalities and fictional duties in their concept of world, like... any other character in the roster and in the trophy gallery. This bothers me a lot)..

give me a Spooky trophy, at very least! Describing him as an villain in the Pac-Man series... a spring from B-Doing Woods.. the Glider from Pac-Man 2;.. There's no difficult on this. >->
(yeah, I'm bitten)

Laniv

Smash Champion
You know... after the PotD that showed Bass, Treble and Zero.. I'm with a little more hope about Pac's trophies in the Wii U version.. for something beyond Pac-Mania be referenced, for God's sake...
there's SO many games that are important for Pac's story... and so many that are easy to rip assets.. The World trilogy (and Rally), Party, Ghostly Adventures, Fever, All-Stars, Street Fighter X Tekken, the Mario Kart Arcade GP trilogy, etc..

Heck, Mega Man is getting brand new models for his series just for show off as trophies.. and not even the classic elements of Pac-Land were recreated in Pac's arsenal of trophies (aside the hydrant, which is part of his moveset anyway)... everything that is not part of Pac-Man as playable character is sprite based! My God... (and not just this.. the descriptions in Pac's profile and the Ghost Gang always describes them as "videogame characters", their behaviors in the game itself and legacy in the industry.. not as actually characters with their personalities and fictional duties in their concept of world, like... any other character in the roster and in the trophy gallery. This bothers me a lot)..

give me a Spooky trophy, at very least! Describing him as an villain in the Pac-Man series... a spring from B-Doing Woods.. the Glider from Pac-Man 2;.. There's no difficult on this. >->
(yeah, I'm bitten)
If there's a Toc-Man trophy I can die happy.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
If there are freaking E-123 Omega and Big The Cat trophies in this game, we should have a Toc-Man Trophy at least (and besides, Toc-Man is more important to Pac's lore than Omega and Big are for Sonic's anyway).

I particularly like this design in specific:

PB&J

Smash Hero
Pac Army Rise Up!!

Ive been playing this guy since the Japanese release and he is Amazing. Ill add details and specific things later. I play this game everyday and stream atleast 5 days a week. So if you want to train and become part of the Pac- Man army. Follow my stream and we can all discuss and take Pac Man to new Horizons. I still see alot of things some Pac-Man Mains dont do and i guess thats my fault but lets make Pac the Best ever because hes awesome.

ps. SS DA BES

stream= twitch.tv/smashstudios . ill be streaming in 2 hours

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
If there are freaking E-123 Omega and Big The Cat trophies in this game, we should have a Toc-Man Trophy at least (and besides, Toc-Man is more important to Pac's lore than Omega and Big are for Sonic's anyway).

I particularly like this design in specific:
I kind of wish the Pac-Man trophies didn't act like the original and Pac-Land were the only two games in the series. Pac-Land is very obscure. :/

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I absolutely love Pac-Man. He just my style.
I also love the hydrant. Kept surprising people when they're in the air.

Little Pac

Smash Rookie
When Pac was announced I just had to main him, then when I played him he felt so slow and clunky, but I got used to it and I absolutely love him. Such a unique move set. Wakawakawaka, b*tches.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
He'll kick anyone's ***. He'll kick your ***. He'll kick your dog's ***. He'll kick his own ***.
oh my god your sig

thank you smash bros for giving me a reason to use hilarious graphics from pac man 2 in regular conversation

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I kind of wish the Pac-Man trophies didn't act like the original and Pac-Land were the only two games in the series. Pac-Land is very obscure. :/
exactly.. is like they're treating Pac-Man as a tiny series, which is not the case.. he has over 70 games (not counting with ports and remakes).. in Smash, he feels like in the same level as Ice Climber or EarthBound... But, once again, today with the PoTD showing more Xenoblade Trophies, I'm holding hope for more Pac-Man representation over Pac-Man/Land/Mania.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
exactly.. is like they're treating Pac-Man as a tiny series, which is not the case.. he has over 70 games (not counting with ports and remakes).. in Smash, he feels like in the same level as Ice Climber or EarthBound... But, once again, today with the PoTD showing more Xenoblade Trophies, I'm holding hope for more Pac-Man representation over Pac-Man/Land/Mania.
I guess what Sakurai meant by not giving Namco special treatment was to treat them like ****. :p

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm really happy Pac-Man himself feels like a fleshed-out, well-rounded, awesome character. But yeah, everything surrounding him otherwise feels lazy. His alt costumes, his trailer, his reveal, his trophies. It's pretty disappointing.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
let's settle this in gun
░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀██████▄▄▄
░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░█████████▄
░░░░░▀▀▀▀█████▌░▀▐▄░▀▐█ U HAVE BEEN FASTED BY
░░░▀▀█████▄▄░▀██████▄██
░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░▀▀█▄▀█════█▀
░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄░░▀▀███░▀░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░▄███▀▀██▄████████▄░▄▀▀▀██▌THE FAST MASTER
░░░██▀▄▄▄██▀▄███▀░▀▀████░░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀▀▄██▄▀▀▌████▒▒▒▒▒▒███░░░░▌▄▄▀
▌░░░░▐▀████▐███▒▒▒▒▒▐██▌
▀▄░░▄▀░░░▀▀████▒▒▒▒▄██▀
░░▀▀░░░░░░▀▀█████████▀
░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀██████▀█
░░░░░░▄██▀░░░░░▀▀▀░░█
░░░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░▄▄▄▄█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄▄▄▀▀▄
▌░░░░░▐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀
░▀▀▄▄▀

SEND THIS TO 7 PPL OR UR 2 SLOW

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I'm really happy Pac-Man himself feels like a fleshed-out, well-rounded, awesome character. But yeah, everything surrounding him otherwise feels lazy. His alt costumes, his trailer, his reveal, his trophies. It's pretty disappointing.
Of course Pac-Man is well-rounded.:troll:

BSP

Smash Legend
Pac man might replace mario as my main once wii u comes out. The character is way too much fun to use.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I've been training with Pac, Mac and Duck Hunt.. as I said that I would do. And after all, I think that Pac can be my main.. DHD is great, the Clay Pigeon is one of the best attacks in the game, but nothing surpasses the Fire Hydrant as a surprise attack while Pac is on the air. :3

I'm trying my best ONline, but I play mostly Smash Run (is addictive).. I'll be playing ONline more when the Wii U version be released.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
This crazy stuff can only happen with Pac-Man:

Situation:
-Level 9 Pika is trying to recover
-Hydrant at the edge
-Pac-Man has a Bell charged

What happened:
Pac Man threw the Bell at Pikachu, but missed.... until the Hydrant pushed Pikachu in the Bell.
He wasn't killed or something but it was sweeeet.

Top Bottom