• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
We all know there were several missed opportunities with the palette swaps, so I thought I'd show some ideas.

Please excuse my artistic disability. If you could make proper photoshops for some of these, that'd be lovely.

BSP

Smash Legend
Trampoline on the ledge is dumb. I can't wait to experiment with setups on the wii U. There's so much to work on.

Have any you been able to breverse the throwing of a bonus fruit?

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Pardon if its the wrong place to ask, but anybody know how to avoid getting Juggled as Pac Man? I have problems with getting Juggled.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Pardon if its the wrong place to ask, but anybody know how to avoid getting Juggled as Pac Man? I have problems with getting Juggled.
This is one of Pac-Man's problems. He doesn't have too many always-reliable aerial approach options. Dair is pretty terrible in most situations, and he can be grabbed out of Fair when shielded. I think the key to escaping juggles is to use fake outs. Bait the opponent into chasing you to a different direction than where you plan to land. Use hydrant to stall your descent and make the opponent double guess themselves. I've found that the occasional trampoline jump when falling has also helped me escape opponents who don't see it coming. They'll charge an Up Smash, I'll fall as if I'm going to land right into their attack, then use Trampoline to land just beside them, and if they're still in recovery frames, punish.

Last edited:

Little Pac

Smash Rookie
We all know there were several missed opportunities with the palette swaps, so I thought I'd show some ideas.

Please excuse my artistic disability. If you could make proper photoshops for some of these, that'd be lovely.

I'm still grieving over the lack of Ms. Pac-Man. Now I'm grieving over all of these. That bottom middle one is dope.

Little Pac

Smash Rookie

Hey I did a quick photoshop of what the Black and Blue skin could look like

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

"Obligitory purple" could represent Sue from Pac-Land.

The gloves and boots would have to be orange though.

Little Pac

Smash Rookie

I have an inexplicable need to photoshop your skin ideas.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Cool ideas, but I'd make the Ghost recolors have the same glove colors from Pac-Man World.

Also:

At least they didn't forget about her entirely.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
What are your guys' ideas for palette swaps/costumes?
Sounds like the ghosts are a think. I like the idea, but does anybody have a picture of what they may look like?
Bait the opponent into chasing you to a different direction than where you plan to land. Use hydrant to stall your descent and make the opponent double guess themselves. I've found that the occasional trampoline jump when falling has also helped me escape opponents who don't see it coming.
Sometimes I trampoline in the opposite direction of my descent and grab the ledge on the other end. I'm going to try your method.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What are your guys' ideas for palette swaps/costumes?
Sounds like the ghosts are a think. I like the idea, but does anybody have a picture of what they may look like?
I was actually working on that after seeing the recolor ideas above, and I just finished the ghost recolors.

EDIT: I just finished Sue, based off of her concept art (in-game she has orange gloves, but there were too many of those already.):

EDIT: Just finished Orson, who is based off of his Pac-Man World 3 colors rather than his World colors. Alternatively, he could have boots matching the latter's gloves.

EDIT: I finished the last color, which was green out of necessity, and based it off of Miru (aka Pal) from Pac & Pal.

The original sprite comes from Lisnovski on the McLeodGaming forums here. I did the sprite recoloring myself.

EDIT:

He also made his own recolors:

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I was actually working on that after seeing the recolor ideas above, and I just finished the ghost recolors.

EDIT:

He also made his own recolors:

I made this using the sprites ya got there. I made it a bit different because I felt the blue boots didn't look as good and the white of his eyes were too white (I made them slightly darker).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I made this using the sprites ya got there. I made it a bit different because I felt the blue boots didn't look as good and the white of his eyes were too white (I made them slightly darker).
I don't know, I kinda prefer the other one. The white gloves make it especially clear what's being referenced. If anything, I would've replaced the boots and made them white like so:

I think that making the facial features any less white also makes the reference less noticeable., so I kept that as is.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I don't know, I kinda prefer the other one. The white gloves make it especially clear what's being referenced. If anything, I would've replaced the boots and made them white like so:

I think that making the facial features any less white also makes the reference less noticeable., so I kept that as is.
Ohh I do like the white shoes.

Anyone daring enough to make a Ms. Pac-Man version?

BSP

Smash Legend
Guys, what's the super armor window for Side B? I thought it was when Pac Man ate the power pellet, but I tend to get hit right out of it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ohh I do like the white shoes.

Anyone daring enough to make a Ms. Pac-Man version?
I'm garbage at making good sprites from scratch. I can recolor, but that's about it.

Guys, what's the super armor window for Side B? I thought it was when Pac Man ate the power pellet, but I tend to get hit right out of it.
It's right when he eats it, but it doesn't go on until the end. So it's a decently small window.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I must say I love having stage control with pacman... and having the nostalgic factor of pacman world 2 for some reason lol

BSP

Smash Legend
So there was a Smashfest tournament yesterday at the local University. It was small since no $$$ was involved, and I was the only previously top brawl player in our state there, but I still learned some stuff.

I went Pac Man for my first match against a sheik, then switched to Mario because I didn't feel like thinking that hard at the time. Stayed Mario until I hit WFs against a Yoshi. Games 1-2 were with Mario. Won the first, lost the second once he figured out Mario is bad. I went Pac Man and lost again. I was thinking I was about to lose, but I brought back the next 3 games with Pac Man.

GFs was similar, except I took it 3-0 with Pac Man. He had an SD in one game though :(

Yoshi is still an extremely frustrating MU to me as Pac Man because of 4 things:

1. He does so much damage per hit. It's silly.
2: His Uair won't stop from hydrant, and his Usmash beats everything we've got when we're landing. IDK what they were thinking when they made that move.
3: Because of #2 and his speed, I got juggled a lot and it was frustrating.
4: I learned how patch 1.0.4 somewhat gutted my trampoline strats. Also felt the Usmash nerf hard too.

All that being said, I still don't own either version of Smash 4, and hadn't played in a week until the day before the tournament. Maybe I'm being a bit too hard on myself.

I believe the matches got saved because they were streamed, so I'll link those later. I need critique though, because that was too close for my liking. I won, but I wasn't proud of my play ( could play with a GC controller, but still screwed up basic stuff like B reversing my fruit. I don't think I used hydrant enough in general. Completely forgot about things like throwing Key at the ledge and catching it). Pac Man is better than what I showed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom