• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

online pet peeves

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
Yep, no matter how bad you're getting your *** beat there's always a chance for a comeback. I had this one japanese player beat the sht outta me yesterday with only 33% by the time he took my first stock (admittedly I wasn't paying much attention) but I somehow came back and won. There isn't much reason to self destruct when most games don't last very long, unless you get one of those trash defensive players who roll around all day
Exactly! Thank you, I had forgotten to make that point. I've come back from some pretty crazy stock differences in my day. And I look up to people like Azen, Mew2King, Ken, and Isai, pros who have had some of the most incredible and documented comebacks in tournament history. Also I've had people pull out a win that I was soo sure was mine, so, I just want to let as many newcomers to smash know: the battle is never decided until GAME comes on the screen! Smash isn't like other fighting games. With a little cleverness and elbow grease, anything is possible.

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
My only complaint about Smash 3DS is 4 glory mode. I go online and face a really good player that brings me to my limit and I have good matches against the player, but when the matches are over, that's it. There is no way for me to face that player again due to the thousands of players that are online. Nintendo should have implemented a way for you to add the players you face in 4 glory mode to your friend list so you can play them again. There was an option like this for online play for Pokemon Battle Revolution. That's pretty much my only beef wih Smash 3DS. Other than that, I have no issues with this game at all.
Yeah I wish there was also a way to say GG to someone or compliment the other player. I've ran into a good amount of good players and whether I win or lose I wish I could at least give them the acknowledgement they deserve for giving a good fight and being better than like 80% of the players on for glory.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
Lolz, nothing to backup his "claim?" Not only was it likely speculation,the same exact thing you are doing. There is no in-game communication that is possible when it comes to online atm so we all can only guess at who you are playing, what their current emotion is. where they are playing at, why they play (for fun?casual?comp?etc). Some dude could have had to go back to work after his lunch break smash like I sometimes do, maybe the opponents internet took a.dump, or like others said ending on a high note. Whether you take the game seriously or not ........no one enjoys losing, and yeah sure sometimes you learn from the defeats, but that does not make it any less.of a bummer lol

P.S. Going in for a fair while falling and cancelling it with landing lol

Last edited:

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
I hate that I've started to hit that point where I get frustrated, when I really shouldn't.

It's so weird how for the first couple of days I'm doing pretty good online, winning more matches against people than not. But now it feels like I'm at a point where everybody is better than me, and just in a day, my win percentage dropped drastically. I remember earlier I mentioned how I want to not care about a silly number, but it's just so irritating. And I'm positive that my frustration is affecting my gameplay, too... Hell, I'm even struggling in the single player modes more than I usually do!

Last edited:

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
I main Lucina and second Mac, so that isn't the issue. I'm speaking of the people who will say "Oh, everyone sucks with mac, just guard-throw and gimp and they're so easy to kill" but then complain about how OP he is. Also I feel like the influx of Mac users is simply off hype, as he was one of the most anticipated characters, at least from what I've seen. I bet it'll die down eventually.
Actually, this...A LOT.

I use :4yoshi:, :4greninja:, :4mario:, :4littlemac:, and :4pit: in For Glory, among a good deal of other characters. Lil Mac is a decent match-up unless the lag throws your inputs off by a half-second, but that's when you're fighting someone in Japan or something.

I'm not saying a good Mac isn't tough, but I am saying that these bad Macs should be getting stomped all over the place. So yea, another pet peeve: People complaining about :4littlemac: when he's extremely easy to gimp (just a strong tilt can do it at "ok" percentages could do it).

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
I hate Little Mac's Dash Attack. It's very hard to react to with lag, you just need to anticipate it which leads to you being sort of campy and boring.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I just destroyed someone online called Nat with bowser. He changed to pikachu while I was the dorf. Still was getting stomped but then he gimped me due to lag. upB didn't come out. disconnected the instant he won too.
this attitude is what makes me hate online.
I gladly play matches where someone beats me skillfully. I learn from it.
Other disconnect as soon as they win against me.

There was one time I was playing this guy while I kept losing. learning and learning.
I improved until I beat him once and he DCed.

I don't get it.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I hate that I've started to hit that point where I get frustrated, when I really shouldn't.

It's so weird how for the first couple of days I'm doing pretty good online, winning more matches against people than not. But now it feels like I'm at a point where everybody is better than me, and just in a day, my win percentage dropped drastically. I remember earlier I mentioned how I want to not care about a silly number, but it's just so irritating. And I'm positive that my frustration is affecting my gameplay, too... Hell, I'm even struggling in the single player modes more than I usually do!
I'm feeling the exact same way, isn't it odd? It's so discouraging to get bopped around the stage each match. I usually just try and think about how much more I'll have improved when I hit 200 matches, then 300 etc.

I always do this really annoying thing where I get absolutely down on myself when I fail to do well in the game I'm currently obsessing over. I really wish I wasn't so obsessed with winning; I want to be able to just sit back and enjoy the game win or lose, but I always get so mad at myself. Someone teach me how to not be so uptight please :(

Niala

Smash Ace
I don't really have any.

Wanna be bad with Little Mac? Go ahead.
Like projectile spammy characters? Go get 'em.
Feel like playing one game? Sweet.
Feel like playing a dozen? Awesome.

The only straight up disrespectful thing people do is quit just before losing. Like, while they're falling to their deaths on their last stock. It makes the other person have to wait for you to disconnect, which can take upwards of 30 seconds, before the game just finishes.

I just destroyed someone online called Nat with bowser. He changed to pikachu while I was the dorf. Still was getting stomped but then he gimped me due to lag. upB didn't come out. disconnected the instant he won too.
this attitude is what makes me hate online.
I gladly play matches where someone beats me skillfully. I learn from it.
Other disconnect as soon as they win against me.

There was one time I was playing this guy while I kept losing. learning and learning.
I improved until I beat him once and he DCed.

I don't get it.
'Cause if I beat you in the last game that means I'm better, right?

And if I leave after losing only one game but beat you a bunch, I'm still better you just got lucky. But I don't want to give you the chance to "get lucky" again.

These people are probably just young kids who don't like to lose, and are just trying to protect their egos.

Re: Little Mac's
TBH I feel like we're being pretty harsh on them. If this game came out when you were 7 and wanted to play the cool boxer guy who punches guys really hard online, you'd probably have left after losing against others, too. Especially if you don't understand why you lost, because it's not like they're coming on the forums and having people explain to them that Little Mac is really easy to gimp and he should try to stay on the ground in the center stage.

Last edited:

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I don't really have any.

Wanna be bad with Little Mac? Go ahead.
Like projectile spammy characters? Go get 'em.
Feel like playing one game? Sweet.
Feel like playing a dozen? Awesome.

The only straight up disrespectful thing people do is quit just before losing. Like, while they're falling to their deaths on their last stock. It makes the other person have to wait for you to disconnect, which can take upwards of 30 seconds, before the game just finishes.

'Cause if I beat you in the last game that means I'm better, right?

And if I leave after losing only one game but beat you a bunch, I'm still better you just got lucky. But I don't want to give you the chance to "get lucky" again.

These people are probably just young kids who don't like to lose, and are just trying to protect their egos.

Re: Little Mac's
TBH I feel like we're being pretty harsh on them. If this game came out when you were 7 and wanted to play the cool boxer guy who punches guys really hard online, you'd probably have left after losing against others, too. Especially if you don't understand why you lost, because it's not like they're coming on the forums and having people explain to them that Little Mac is really easy to gimp and he should try to stay on the ground in the center stage.
hahaha I thought that was the reason but that's not good sportsmanship.
The dude that was stomping me, it was pretty even. I loved it because I could learn something. He was spamming roll but other than that he was alright. Just stomped a Mac and a Greninja. Man... Greninja was terrible. I wish I could show everyone. Would love some pointers too

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
I'm loving all of this RosaLuma salt. Sadly probably none of it is because of me. I'm the red-dressed Rosalina going by the name of Suigintou, if anyone has seen me, and yes I do roll spam sometimes. It's an effective tactic against people going full aggro without thinking about what they're doing, which is mostly what I see from Little Macs.

I used to dislike it when people taunted after a KO, especially if it was a KO that wasn't anything worth bragging about. Like say, I was chasing them and SD'd, or maybe I KO'd them first and racked up like 76% damage on them before they finally managed to take off my first stock.

Then I realized that I didn't really care if someone taunted for a "good" reason, but I found it absolutely infuriating if they taunted for a "stupid" reason.

Then I realized that taunting at stupid times was a very effective trolling tactic.

I really have to wonder how people are spamming projectiles as RosaLuma though. Unless you're counting the Star Bits (which really shouldn't count), she's got one projectile, and it's not even a fast one. More than that, it's not a projectile that you want to spam because you need it fresh for a kill move, among other reasons. If you're facing a Luma Launch spamming Rosalina then you're facing a Rosalina who doesn't know how to play. Also, if the launch whiffs you can jump over the Luma and be on top of Rosalina before she can recall her Luma, so the most she can really "spam" it is one time.
I personally just hate fighting Rosaluma's its the only character I cannot beat in a set. The character is definately the best in the game imo. You cant grab her, you cant zone her, she can edgeguard without putting herself at risk, she seems to have priority on the majority of her moves, Luma cant soak up hits occasionally and acts as an extended disjointed hitbox. I can go on for days but as of right now there's like no character that can counter her playstyle (that I'm aware of.) its seems like there's nothing I can do to win against her.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I really don't get why people get mad from an opponent taunting when you get K.O'd, isn't that the reason taunting exists in the first place?

Toebex

Smash Cadet
Here's a fun one: Not being able to do smash attacks because the lag is so bad that it can't register your inputs fast enough and thinks you're doing a tilt.

Kjaerlighet

Smash Rookie
The projectile spammers who run from one side of the stage to the other doing nothing but abusing projectiles.

Counter abusers who think that doing nothing but countering makes them good somehow.

When you're destroying someone online and they finally get a stock, or even a win and they taunt the **** out of it.. like really?

And yeah, little mac is the ultimate noob character… overpowered moves, insta ko move and a counter, noob heaven right there.. gets pretty annoying.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I personally just hate fighting Rosaluma's its the only character I cannot beat in a set. The character is definately the best in the game imo. You cant grab her, you cant zone her, she can edgeguard without putting herself at risk, she seems to have priority on the majority of her moves, Luma cant soak up hits occasionally and acts as an extended disjointed hitbox. I can go on for days but as of right now there's like no character that can counter her playstyle (that I'm aware of.) its seems like there's nothing I can do to win against her.
The high priority is an illusion brought on by the fact that when Luma is right next to her, you're essentially getting attacked by 2 people at once. The only move that has high priority in of itself that I'm aware of is her Fsmash, but I admit that I haven't thoroughly tested this.

As for counter characters: ZSS and Rob are both problematic matchups for me.

D

Deleted member

I hate seeing the same stages over and over again.
It's one minor thing, but I get irritated after seeing Yoshi's Island a dozen times instead of areas like Gaur Plains for example. Hell, I fought on Yoshi's Island twice in a row!

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
The high priority is an illusion brought on by the fact that when Luma is right next to her, you're essentially getting attacked by 2 people at once. The only move that has high priority in of itself that I'm aware of is her Fsmash, but I admit that I haven't thoroughly tested this.

As for counter characters: ZSS and Rob are both problematic matchups for me.
I main Rob and honestly I feel Rosalina win that matchup hard. All you have to do as Rosalina is just press down b it nullifies robs laser and brings his gyro right in front of you to pick up with that in mind it makes rob essentially useless because his has no projectiles which he heavily relies on, it also forces him to approach and against Rosalina its very difficult. Im actually very surprised you have had trouble with rob I think its one of, if not his worst matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strider

Smash Rookie
s
I really don't get why people get mad from an opponent taunting when you get K.O'd, isn't that the reason taunting exists in the first place?
I think people look a bit too much into it honestly. I mean obviously we can't talk to each other, but just because somebody taunts doesn't mean they are trying to be rude, they could just be having fun. Same concept goes to some other things too, people just look too deep into things another player does, when in reality they are just doing it for fun. Not to anybody directly, just in general. I've been guilty of it too before but it's kind of silly when I really think about it.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I main Rob and honestly I feel Rosalina win that matchup hard. All you have to do as Rosalina is just press down b it nullifies robs laser and brings his gyro right in front of you to pick up with that in mind it makes rob essentially useless because his has no projectiles which he heavily relies on, it also forces him to approach and against Rosalina its very difficult. Im actually very surprised you have had trouble with rob I think its one of, if not his worst matchup.
Yeah Rosa can nullify his projectiles, but that multihit Side B is hard for me to deal with. I may just be messing it up, but Down B only helps if RosaLuma can read it, which I can't always do. Also Down B has a bit of lag associated with it so it might be a good strategy to B in order to bait her Down B, then Side B as Rob.

Some of it might just be because I haven't met a lot of Rob matchups, though.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
does anyone have tips against people who are clearly not actually good but keep winning because of total crap? I seem to lose because I can't punish. I think I am too far ahead in strategy. Someone is up close and I block his moves. I then try to attack in fear of being grabbed. ofcourse the noob just keeps spamming attack on block. So does that make me the noob? for expecting him to attempt a grab the next time but still getting hit? I can't seem to hit anyone with ganon's dAir. Every and their mother keeps air dodging. I don't understand why airdodges are such cheap gooj free cards that everyone and their mother can spam on the way back to the stage. Shouldn't there be a decent penalty? like one dodge until you get back to the floor? I miss the simpler days without air dodges. I can't get to punish anyone accordingly and I'm starting to think I just suck terribly.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Lag kills me. Mainly the 1-sec button delay.

Other than that lol I'm getting my ass kicked lol

I'll spend 30 mins in the lab.. Feeling that character.. Enter For Glory n get sent to my coffin. Btw who ever was Samus... Wow!!! Gave me a beating.

My Mii nickname is Dark Child if anyone remembers stomping me

The Original Zeph

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ryanime
3DS FC
0516-7265-4386
Yeah Rosa can nullify his projectiles, but that multihit Side B is hard for me to deal with. I may just be messing it up, but Down B only helps if RosaLuma can read it, which I can't always do. Also Down B has a bit of lag associated with it so it might be a good strategy to B in order to bait her Down B, then Side B as Rob.

Some of it might just be because I haven't met a lot of Rob matchups, though.
Yeah trust me most robs only throw the projectiles at a safe distance so reading it shouldn't be too tough also I generally prefer to avoid using forward b due to the large startup and ending lag I don't see it as a safe approach.

BBC7

Smash Ace
s

I think people look a bit too much into it honestly. I mean obviously we can't talk to each other, but just because somebody taunts doesn't mean they are trying to be rude, they could just be having fun. Same concept goes to some other things too, people just look too deep into things another player does, when in reality they are just doing it for fun. Not to anybody directly, just in general. I've been guilty of it too before but it's kind of silly when I really think about it.
I do it to be rude. Mega Man's Down Taunt honestly looks like one of the most rage-quit inducing taunts I've ever seen. Even Sonic's "You're too slow" doesn't compare to teleporting off the stage as if he's implying you're not worth his time.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Online lag, though my connection's pretty average. Though if it gets to 1 or even 2 second delay, especially if I'm on a char like Mega Man, then I know I'll lose the game and there isn't much I can do about it.

BionicKraken

Smash Rookie
I've been playing for glory since release and have been having a blast. The only thing that really bothers me is when people spam counters and think they are fighting you legitimately. But i've learned to adapt and now they get punished hard :p.

I do like to have a bit of fun with my opponents so I hope people don't mind when I ring my bell at them or duck repeatedly and make that squishy noise to the beat of the music. (mostly play :4gaw:)

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
A general pet peeve is the fact that Soft Landing isn't in the game in the form of L-Cancel. It's in the form of equipment that's a pain in the bottom to get. You also have to balance the stats and we don't even know if it's legal in the first place.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Disregard any previous complaints from me.

Right now my biggest pet peeve is this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70THZk-HGk0

For Glory more like For Shame amirite
Wow, so that's what roll spamming looks like? Now I see how that can be annoying as hell. Glad I can use PKT to chase them down. And he must not know that you get no invincibility after you keep regrabbing the ledge without landing/getting hit. Should've tried to d-air him.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Wow, so that's what roll spamming looks like? Now I see how that can be annoying as hell. Glad I can use PKT to chase them down. And he must not know that you get no invincibility after you keep regrabbing the ledge without landing/getting hit. Should've tried to d-air him.
I should've done a lot of things. At two points I had the option of killing him with Up B and I flubbed it. One time was a perfect set-up, because you have to start it right next to him and fly upwards for the full effect, but Din's Fire came out instead.

I wasn't confident enough to dair so I went for safer methods, but it would've finished him if I landed it.

EDIT: Honestly it took me a while for me to figure out that he was going to be doing that for a while, otherwise I would've grabbed more. A downthrow -> Up B would've finished it if I could read his DI.

Last edited:

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
does anyone have tips against people who are clearly not actually good but keep winning because of total crap? I seem to lose because I can't punish. I think I am too far ahead in strategy. Someone is up close and I block his moves. I then try to attack in fear of being grabbed. ofcourse the noob just keeps spamming attack on block. So does that make me the noob? for expecting him to attempt a grab the next time but still getting hit? I can't seem to hit anyone with ganon's dAir. Every and their mother keeps air dodging. I don't understand why airdodges are such cheap gooj free cards that everyone and their mother can spam on the way back to the stage. Shouldn't there be a decent penalty? like one dodge until you get back to the floor? I miss the simpler days without air dodges. I can't get to punish anyone accordingly and I'm starting to think I just suck terribly.
1) I personally do stuff like that just to make sure people don't get cocky with their "pro stratz". You have to be prepared for people that play dumb. If you see something happen on repeat, don't play into it. If you need to switch up your game plan, you should...and quickly.

2) There IS a penalty for spamming air dodge. Hitting the floor with it active causes INSANE landing lag. Like, enough for an up-smash punish. Sure, the lack of a c-stick makes that difficult, but it's still there.

3) Ganon is hard to hit with, period. He's not good at all, but at least he's better than before. You could always try b-air-ing them into the sides of the stage so they bounce off in the other direction, if anything.

Lastly) Try not to put yourself in that mind-state where you think "you're so good" and "they're so bad", but "they do dumb stuff that makes me lose". Just shut all that stuff down and make them play honest. I know there's imbalance in fighting games, but you shouldn't be complaining about players doing "not-so-optimal" stuff, because you should making sure you don't fall for that to begin with.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
That's because you have bad internet.
No, people with great internet are being matched up with players from across the country or in different countries/japan. Nintendo did not implement region-based online play, which is lazy and hurts online functionality.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I should've done a lot of things. At two points I had the option of killing him with Up B and I flubbed it. One time was a perfect set-up, because you have to start it right next to him and fly upwards for the full effect, but Din's Fire came out instead.

I wasn't confident enough to dair so I went for safer methods, but it would've finished him if I landed it.

EDIT: Honestly it took me a while for me to figure out that he was going to be doing that for a while, otherwise I would've grabbed more. A downthrow -> Up B would've finished it if I could read his DI.
It honestly looked like he was trying to wait out the timer for a SD. From what I saw, he had no intention of hitting you unless you got too close. If someone does something like that for a good 10-20 seconds, you can expect for that to keep going on. Sense Villager's UpB has no hit box, you could've also b-air/f-air him into the stage and that would've probably killed him as well. I swear if I run into someone like that I'll probably either SD or spam projectiles until they stop rolling.

Last edited:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Jokers who spam a few select moves and don't know how to mix up. For example, I faced a Kirby who used the rock every single time they were above me. And guess what? I punished them every single time.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Got some new ones, which probably shouldn't bother me anyway but they do so here goes:

People who lose to my Lucina a lot, get salty and pick Shulk believing that having the bigger sword means they'll win.
People who lose to my Lucina a lot, get salty and pick Marth believing that they have something to prove by playing against me as the character my character is a clone of.

Especially because these players lose 90% of the time after switching to Shulk/Marth.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Got some new ones, which probably shouldn't bother me anyway but they do so here goes:

People who lose to my Lucina a lot, get salty and pick Shulk believing that having the bigger sword means they'll win.
People who lose to my Lucina a lot, get salty and pick Marth believing that they have something to prove by playing against me as the character my character is a clone of.

Especially because these players lose 90% of the time after switching to Shulk/Marth.
Haha... "Bigger sword". Aren't we overcompensating?... HAHAHAHAHA ... Ha... Haha... Ha... I'll be in my sad corner.

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
When you're destroying someone online and they finally get a stock, or even a win and they taunt the **** out of it.. like really?

Lol, I'm guilty of this. :p But I do it as a little celebration, not to rub it in their face. Like I acknowledge they're the better player but it does feel good when you FINALLY manage to KO them, precisely because they're better.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I've played one Bowser user, two matches. Bowser basically auto-wins unless you two-stock him. I had him to like 100 the second time and my last stock was pristine, and he just side-b, win. Fml. It took two times to learn my lesson (go no where near the ledges while bowser is on the ground on your last stock), so fair is fair. Haven't come across one since however.

The campers are kind of annoying. I don't like how it seems that approaching is once again disadvantageous, but maybe better players that I have found ways to approach against spammers safely and efficiently. Or maybe it's because I'm playing :4gaw: On stages with no freaking platforms! Sakurai, can i has platforms plox kthnx

The lag is hit and miss, but for all I know that's my connections fault. Only had one game unplayable due to lag (would freeze for full mississippi-seconds at a time), but good number sputtering enough to ruin my timing on evades and combos.

Other than that, everything is fabulous. Even if I win resoundingly and several times in a row, I've not had anyone ditto my G&W. Not that I care. Also, I've been lucky and not encounter hardly any Macs at all.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I played as ness for the first time online, and the camera was so zoomed in I couldn't see the pk thunder at all.
Played a for fun match, and had a ness player that would just spam pk thunder into himself back and forth across the stage.

Had a duck hunt player that would dodge roll across the stage, and only use his projectiles, and would roll away and repeat.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898

This was totally me two days ago. I started to lose a few matches with Yoshi (after generally winning most everything before that), then I started to get frustrated and my hands were getting tired, but I still didn't want to quit until I started winning, and long story short I was like 10-30 that night.

Since then I've gone back to my Brawl main, Random Select, and everything is way better. Part of the reason my Yoshi was losing was because I wasn't familiar enough with what some of the characters were capable of, and playing as a random character gives me that mental edge of not caring whether I win or not that lets me just focus on making smart decisions, so now my win rate is back to a healthy 75% or so. I may never be a tournament-quality player without sticking to one character, but I did wreck some Little Macs with Pac-Man, and isn't that what Smash Bros is really all about?

(Incidentally I think Pac-Man is secretly super good. He has so many setups with that fruit! People online were not ready)

Last edited:
Top Bottom