• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

online pet peeves

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
what are your pet peeves when it comes to fighting online

mine?
little mac users
spamming weak ass moves
rosalina's luma
facing someone who thinks using the same character as me will help them win(when they clearly suck with them)

JC Ralls

Smash Cadet
I find it annoying when people randomly throw out smashes just hoping you run into them. Looks so bad when they never hit.

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
I can't stand salty Mac dittos. If you see me thrashing you with your best character, why would you pick Mac and get further destroyed?

Last edited:

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
Projectile spammers. I'll normally try to target them but when I'm occupied with one/both of the other players it really makes me question how they have the patience to do nothing but throw weak spam from a distance for 2 minutes.

People who stay away from the fight until someone gets around 80%, then targets that player. Bonus points if they're using a character with a lot of power moves like Charizard.

I don't really care about players' choice of character. I like to futz around with characters I'm not good at myself. In For Glory, however, switching to Little Mac is just... You shouldn't do that.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Rosalumas. There aren't even enough of them to practice against.
Everyone and their mom spamming dash attack on Mac or Zss. It gets old fast.

Going against Greninja on the omega stage of the 16-bit map with the water. I can't see the shadow sneak. Hope that map is banned SRS.

Edit: Balloon fight omega is the name of the stage. You can't see shadow sneak on that bull****.

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Lag

Bowser-cide winning games

Having two stocks to my opponent's one and having to do sudden death because they just ran away in the lag until the timer was up.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
For Glory mode
:4littlemac: :4littlemac: :4littlemac: :4littlemac: :4littlemac: :4littlemac: :4littlemac: :4littlemac: :4littlemac: :4littlemac:
most of them aren't even any good, just get him off the edge, poke at him a bit, and he goes away
it's at the point where I just leave if the first match is vs a rubbish Mac

dmcAxle

Smash Rookie
Players who after losing to you twice will pick your character out of rage and then still lose. Sometimes spamming taunt after the lose a stock and are way behind. Then they drop. Pretty common actually so I have usually just give every person in For Glory a best 2/3 and then I drop.

Last edited:

dmcAxle

Smash Rookie
not when that's all they do
Pretty sure there is a decent amount of lag there after they launch it so at least at mid range you can jump over and fair/nair or something. Depends on the character I guess. I admit it would still be annoying regardless.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I can't seem to ever breathe when I fight ZSSes that consistently dash attack.

Now Disappear

Smash Rookie
NNID
ProjectBlitz
Well let's see....Little Macs who spam Neutral Special, projectile spammers, Ness spammers, lag, MegaMan spammers, Captain Falcons who only spam Falcon Punch.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
i despise little macs. not because i cant beat them, i generally stomp them as megaman, but because theyre annoying as hell to face. His no-brainer moves are sooooo easy to land you dont need any skill whatsoever to use the guy, so you can get KO'd immediately after this dumbass dove off the platform because he managed to connect the combo (or more accurately, you misread and walked into it)

Also Megaman kinda has to spam, its what he does. He cant spam any given ability though so he has to add variety. He has no legitimate combo, so he resorts to poke damage till he can finish you.
All except his charge shot is countered by EVERYTHING including other projectiles. My hardest games are usually against Duck Hunt or other projectile users because theirs wipes mine off the board and keeps coming at me.

Last edited:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
People who sit on one side of a stage and spam projectiles, then roll away as soon as you get through. It's not a matter of being able to beat it, in fact you can do so fairly easily, but it's just annoying to play against and not fun for either party. I mean, unless you like sitting in one spot and spamming fireballs.

Marche2525

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-8627-4477
People giving up too fast in glory mode. Why keep playing if you're on tilt?
They get all slow and you can feel through the 3DS screen how much motivation they lost.

Spirst

I can't stand salty Mac dittos. If you see me thrashing you with your best character, why would you pick Mac and get further destroyed?
I wonder this same thing. I use Greninja 98% of the time and after destroying the opponent who is using what looks to be their main, they decide it's a good idea to go Greninja as well (a character they 9/10 times suck at using) and get stomped once again. That mindset never makes sense to me. You can't spite someone by using a character they use and just losing anyway.

The lag that makes my matches go in slow motion. My internet might not be the best, but I've never had such trouble in other online games.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
Bowser players spamming side-b incessantly, even if they have a percentage disadvantage on you meaning you have more control over it than him and he'll never be able to kill you with it anyway.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
- Lag

- Dark Pit electro shock spammers

- People trying to mirror match my Link

- People taunting when they managed to even out stocks with 97% meaning i can easily kill them when i return

- Little Mac players that give good Macs a bad rep

- Charizard flare dumb spammers

- Rolling back and forth when im not even moving

Vvaid0

Smash Rookie
This is 2014. LAG shouldn't be a thing. I am so disappointed. Unless with this being an issue there's almost no point in having a 3ds version where you can only play in the same room.

TheMiggidyMacDuffy

Smash Rookie
this is more mild amusement than an actual pet peeve, but players who see me playing little mac and just walk over to the edge and stand there.

son, I see what you're doing. i can see it from a mile away.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Robin and Little Mac... That's just about it.

MEGABUS

Smash Rookie
Can't stand :4bowserjr: while i play as :4wiifit:. Beat up some guys :4ganondorf: with her so he went:4bowserjr:. Used every thing he could to avoid being close to me and would try to hit me with the slow ass cannonball. Beat him easily but it went on for way longer than it should.

MEGABUS

Smash Rookie
People who spam counter moves.
Agreed. And counters have way to many active frames (or atleast i don't have enough info on them to know how to punish properly yet but counters are definitely better than before). Kinda forces me into sun salutation ,volleyball and grab which sucks because WFT's grab range is as poor as the rest of her moves.

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
-Links and Toon Links who always use their down aerial meteor smash. How many times does it take them to realise how predictable they're being?

-Bowsers who spam their down aerial. The exact same story as Link/Toon Link.

-Lucina players who only use their counters.

-People who spam projectiles even when I knock back every one of them with Pit's Orbitars. Actually, that makes it easier for me, so by all means go ahead and keep doing that :)

-People who roll constantly. Still trying to figure out how to counter that properly :/

-Rosalina players who have heard that the character is good but have absolutely no idea how to play as her. I mean, get a feel of her moves in solo mode and then by all means play online no matter how many times you get destroyed. Learn from your experience, but please know your moves first!

Edit!
- Captain Falcon players who spam their falcon kick move. Again, gets very old very fast.

- I've mentioned that Toon Link/Link and Bowser players tend to spam their down aerials way too much, but after playing a few more matches, it's the same for basically everyone! Especially Ganondorf it seems.

Last edited:

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I wonder this same thing. I use Greninja 98% of the time and after destroying the opponent who is using what looks to be their main, they decide it's a good idea to go Greninja as well (a character they 9/10 times suck at using) and get stomped once again. That mindset never makes sense to me. You can't spite someone by using a character they use and just losing anyway.
Having played other fighting games on Xbox Live (where people could vocalize why they changed their character), I usually got this reaction when people I beat thought my character was "cheap." Thus, they thought they could just switch to the character I was using and instantly not only copy my tactics, but be *better* than me at them. It's just salt.

Grantendo

Smash Rookie
-Rosalina&Luma players
-Noob macs (even though sonic seems to be a perfect counter with a back throw off stage)
-Charizards that spam side special
-SHIEK PLAYERS!! AHH
-People that think playing your character after losing ten time in a row will help

Other than that, I have seemed to maintain a 61% win 1 on 1 with Sonic :)

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Am I the only one who literally hasn't lagged at all online?

Rosalina is definitely really annoying though, coming from a Villager main..

Toebex

Smash Cadet
So much Little Mac hate... :sadeyes:

I love this game so much, the only thing I can't stand are projectile spammers. Apart from that its all good :b: Its fun to just wreck a CPU every now and then, takes the edge off losing online so much :shades:

Shen_Jehuty

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2423-3102-6095
Lag, lag, and lag! At least a fourth of the online matches I've played have been unplayable, with another fourth being moderate to severe lag, but still playable mostly.

Little Mac players that spam the same 2 or three moves.

Trolls that run all over the stage and don't attack (this has surprisingly happened to me several times by several different players).

Move spammers in general.

Kolvacs

Smash Rookie
People who spam counter moves.
Definitely agree with this! I find that a rather large amount of the popular characters currently being played have some form of counter move (:4shulk:, :4greninja:, :4lucina:, etc). Plus, it seems like counter frames last so long!

Also, like most other people the lag tends to be awful. It is really disappointing that you can't restrict searching for opponents to region-based. Maybe I only want to play with people who are East Coast because I know that my ping will be way less than if I play vs West Coast players. Or even larger scale, just NA queuing instead of playing vs people from the UK / Japan.

Thirdly, I am disappointed about the For Glory system and how it matches you against opponents. The system should have a view-able MMR system (exactly like how Chess MMR works). The way I originally envisioned For Glory mode working is that you would select your character and wait in the practice zone until an opponent was found. You would play 1 game, gain MMR with a win, or lose MMR with a loss, then you could either quit or rejoin the queue and be placed back into the match-making system.

Last edited:
Top Bottom