• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I would love to see Olimar in brawl, as long as he doesnt take K.Rools or Rays character spot.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
ok, here is what i think SHOULD hapen (again)

NO clones, period.

olimar starts out as just himself, his up+b is mostlikely a bumblingsnitch bug (though a withery blowhog could work too)

his down+b pulls out a pikmin, max of 15 (so the stage isn't too cluttered and gets slower and all that junk, plus it still allows fer 3 of each color)

side+b's could utalize a pikmin swarm, they all charch in that area and do damage, NOTE-pikmin have NO knockback no mater how much damage is don to the enemy

standard be could be whistle which calls back pikmin AND if there are no pikmin on the ground, stuns opponents.

smashes - up does a simple (but stong) helmet butt
- down pulls out a random pikmin (all damage is the same) charges up and spinsdealing damage to any surrounding opponent(can also lift you up off the ground by tapping a)
-side is the stronest and has alot of knockback, it is like a rocket punch, if you charge it up all the way his standard punch catcher on fire and BOOMdoes lots of damage and throws the opponent back

throws - foreward grabs an opponent and a pikmin from the ground, throw the opponent foreward and the pikmin latches on and does damage until shken off
- down is the most powerful, olimar jumps up ad throws the opponent down onoto a bed of flower pikmin (in the ground) and the opponent springs up into the air with lots of knockback
- back olimar trows the opponent back, does a bakflip and lands on him
- up olimar trows opponent up anmd is then trownup by his pikmin olimar then grabs ogain in midair and tosses back down to the ground

sorry for any spelling issues, i just woke up, lol

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
ok, here is what i think SHOULD hapen (again)

NO clones, period.

olimar starts out as just himself, his up+b is mostlikely a bumblingsnitch bug (though a withery blowhog could work too)

his down+b pulls out a pikmin, max of 15 (so the stage isn't too cluttered and gets slower and all that junk, plus it still allows fer 3 of each color)

side+b's could utalize a pikmin swarm, they all charch in that area and do damage, NOTE-pikmin have NO knockback no mater how much damage is don to the enemy

standard be could be whistle which calls back pikmin AND if there are no pikmin on the ground, stuns opponents.

smashes - up does a simple (but stong) helmet butt
- down pulls out a random pikmin (all damage is the same) charges up and spinsdealing damage to any surrounding opponent(can also lift you up off the ground by tapping a)
-side is the stronest and has alot of knockback, it is like a rocket punch, if you charge it up all the way his standard punch catcher on fire and BOOMdoes lots of damage and throws the opponent back

throws - foreward grabs an opponent and a pikmin from the ground, throw the opponent foreward and the pikmin latches on and does damage until shken off
- down is the most powerful, olimar jumps up ad throws the opponent down onoto a bed of flower pikmin (in the ground) and the opponent springs up into the air with lots of knockback
- back olimar trows the opponent back, does a bakflip and lands on him
- up olimar trows opponent up anmd is then trownup by his pikmin olimar then grabs ogain in midair and tosses back down to the ground

sorry for any spelling issues, i just woke up, lol
I like. Great ideas there, the bumblingsnitch idea is particularily awesome.

On another topic, who else here thinks that Mario's apparnetly useless FLUDD attack is intended to be a Pikmin-drowner?

How do you know that PT didn't take BOTH of their spots? #

Thats a very stupid thing to say my friend.
I don't really get this 'spots to be taken' concept. We don't know the total number of characters, so we can't say anyone took anyone else's spot like there's a limited amount. If Sakurai wants one character in, he'll put it in. If not, he won't. It's that simple.

I like. Great ideas there, the bumblingsnitch idea is particularily awesome.
Psh, that was my idea in the first place...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Actually, I did think that a greater variation in the use of elements was a positive sign toward Olimar's inclusion.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Actually, I did think that a greater variation in the use of elements was a positive sign toward Olimar's inclusion.
if it wasnt for the fact the pikman would be like fluff to the other character due to their weakness ya it would. but the elements effect would make them far too easy to get rid of.
if I was to have all water pikman for example, then mario, bowser, and link could wipe them out with thier fire attacks.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think that would be a bit random and clunky. I still think the best one would be a Pikmin Rope tether recovery.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Why are people considering him? I personally think he's good, but his chances aren't that good. Friday was Miyamoto's Birthday, and the end of a million dumb updates. It was the perfect time for a Miyamoto brand character to be announced, more importantly one series that hasn't been represented. I can't picture him, either.

Danbearking0

Smash Apprentice
Why are people considering him? I personally think he's good, but his chances aren't that good. Friday was Miyamoto's Birthday, and the end of a million dumb updates. It was the perfect time for a Miyamoto brand character to be announced, more importantly one series that hasn't been represented. I can't picture him, either.
OMG WHY DO YOU COME ON THIS THREAD AND SAY THAT OLIMAR SHOUNT BE IN THE GAME!!! HE IS PROBOLBLY HAS THE HIGEST CHANCE TO BE IN THE GAME OUT OF OTHER NEW COMERS... no you say? well let's look at tis

Geno. hes in 1 game, and i think hes not even nintendo
ridley. there are other metroid charecters (but i still think hes going to be in brawl just cause)
wolf. same as above (this goes for other charecters like krystle and bowser jr. etc)

FOR THE LAST TIME... WE DONT GO ON GENO OR RILEY THREADS AND SAY THEY SHOUNDT BE IN THE GAME

What, was there a rule somewhere that said Sakurai absolutely had to show us Olimar on Miyamoto's birthday? No. There could be a million reasons he didn't reveal a character. Your logic is crap.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
OMG WHY DO YOU COME ON THIS THREAD AND SAY THAT OLIMAR SHOUNT BE IN THE GAME!!! HE IS PROBOLBLY HAS THE HIGEST CHANCE TO BE IN THE GAME OUT OF OTHER NEW COMERS... no you say? well let's look at tis

Geno. hes in 1 game, and i think hes not even nintendo
ridley. there are other metroid charecters (but i still think hes going to be in brawl just cause)
wolf. same as above (this goes for other charecters like krystle and bowser jr. etc)

FOR THE LAST TIME... WE DONT GO ON GENO OR RILEY THREADS AND SAY THEY SHOUNDT BE IN THE GAME
Actually Ridley has a much, much much higher chance than Olimar. And really there is only one other viable option fro another Metroid character and it fails in the face of Ridley.

Anyways Olimars chances are high but not uber-high and for all we know they didn't reveal Olimar yesterday because they were going to reveal Mega man on monday XD

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
you are still a ridlye fan i see oh well. Olimar still has a higher chance becuase he is the leader of a series. That series is popular and has yet to be represented by any1 in brawl. He needs a place in brawl to support pikmin which will support pikmin 3.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Someone before me predicted Olimar for Friday. I just told everyone about it, to cheer everyone up through that crappy week. :)

Olimar was Third on Sakurai's Poll, he's First Party, and he was made by Miyamoto.

His chances at being playable are incredibly high.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Ridley was second on Sakurai's poll.
Comes from a franchise that is severely underepped (As stated by Sakurai himself).
Was created by the late Gunpei Yokoi.
Is a villain.
Could be very unique (But no where near as much as Olimar).

Those are a few.

Edit: And yes I was referring to "Her".

But both are likely to be in brawl so lets just use this as a brainstorm of good arguments for both sides XD

Legolastom

Smash Hero
DS doesn't really have that much of a chance... unless Sakurai adds her in randomly or runs out of time and resorts to cloning (Which wont happen).

Ridley's to small for Brawl.

Olimars to big for Brawl.

Hang on a second...

DS doesn't really have that much of a chance... unless Sakurai adds her in randomly or runs out of time and resorts to cloning (Which wont happen).
But you realize Dark Samus can’t be a Samus clone because she just can’t do some of the things Samus does in the Smash series. Other than Ridley she has the highest chance from that franchise. Metroid is a big one and it should have at least three reps. But I digress from the topic...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I would say that she would defiantly be the rep after Ridley but I just cant see a rep after Ridley... I mean Since when could Ganondorf be a C.Falcon clone? And even if she was a clone her attacks would look and act a lot differently.

Anyways. How about Olimar juggling his Pikmin for a taunt? or Up A?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
if it wasnt for the fact the pikman would be like fluff to the other character due to their weakness ya it would. but the elements effect would make them far too easy to get rid of.
if I was to have all water pikman for example, then mario, bowser, and link could wipe them out with thier fire attacks.
Link has fire attacks??

Yes, Captain Olimar not announced on Miyamoto's birthday deconfirms him...
/sarcasm

There have been like a total of 5 Metroid-related updates, and they did nothing during all of the MP3 promo stuff...does that mean Ridley is deconfirmed?

I would say that she would defiantly be the rep after Ridley but I just cant see a rep after Ridley... I mean Since when could Ganondorf be a C.Falcon clone? And even if she was a clone her attacks would look and act a lot differently.
That's what I'm saying though. Metroid should have more than two. It's as big as Super Mario Bros., Pokémon or The Legend of Zelda.

Anyway, I think for a taunt, or perhaps an entrance or victory pose, Olimar should make the Pikmin carry him like when you lie down next to them in the Pikmin games.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That's what I'm saying though. Metroid should have more than two. It's as big as Super Mario Bros., Pokémon or The Legend of Zelda.

Anyway, I think for a taunt, or perhaps an entrance or victory pose, Olimar should make the Pikmin carry him around like when you lie down next to them in the Pikmin games.
Actually they are much bigger franchises. But its just that Dark samus is a preatty big fall from Ridley.

Anyways for one of his taunts maybe Olimar takes off his helmet and looks at the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom