• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Often a strange adventure of all-star battle; PlayStation 3 fighter trailer goes live

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Is it "0 Day" or "Day 0"=??? :lol:
I'm telling you right now. Smash Bros and expectations do not go hand in hand.
Smash Bros. and having short-term expectations do not go like a glove and a hand.

Patience is the key to having your expectations reached... and being reasonable! :laugh:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Welp, might as well stop discussing it. Kink-Link5 just figured it out for everyone. We're all done here.

cvmerchanary

Smash Rookie
On namco's main page they said "Countdown site updated!" which means they are still planing to show something on this page

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's why I'm, still waiting...
Well I'll be waiting 3-5 years for these games, so I got all kinds of time! :)
I think my favourite part of making that was the aquarium.
That kid looks so happy intimating something giant
(lol Ridley is too big to be merely "giant")
. It's adorable.
John, grow up lol.
Shh... I'm having fun!!! You're just jealous of my ability to destroy your "glass half empty/half full" debate by saying "GUYSSS! THAT CUP'S WATER HAS URINE IN IT!!!" :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We didn't get trolled; we got what I want: MORE PUZZLES!!! :grin:
That's a pretty pessimistic view.

Urine has plenty of wasted nutrients in it that our body just gets rid of- namely, calcium.
...how is that pessimistic=???

I mean, urine is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF MY DIET!!!!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
People use the term trolling so loosely and incorrectly these days...

We didn't get trolled. We have no information and wrongly assumed we would get shown something that doesn't happen for another day. That's what happened. We assumed.

I highly doubt a game company would set up a website with all this crap to "troll" people.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
The thing is, they know it looks like Smash. Why would they put up a teaser for a game, and deliberately make it misleading like this? Thats why I still have a shred of hope that it HAS to be smash.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero

We didn't get trolled. We have no information and wrongly assumed we would get shown something that doesn't happen for another day. That's what happened. We assumed.

I highly doubt a game company would set up a website with all this crap to "troll" people.
Why do some people use the word "we" as a collective whole of a community, when he or she only means to portray the view point of a small selection of it?

"We" did not expect anything from this.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Why do some people use the word "we" as a collective whole of a community, when he or she only means to portray the view point of a small selection of it?

"We" did not expect anything from this.
But the majority DID expect something. Look anywhere, here, neogaf, gamefaqs, 4chan. Everywhere discussing this teaser believes it is smash.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ AetherEch0s
That's why I think if it isn't Smash, it's something else that is big (like Tekken X Street Fighter, Project X Zone, etc).

Plus the words "ALL STAR BATTLE" are still written on it.

Side note: The use of the word "we" is a hyperbole. My expectations were for something to happen, and something did happen. Now, my expectations are again to expect something. What is that something=??? That is the great mystery... or is it=??? Whether it is expected, unexpected, or nothing at all will be revealed... eventually! :bee:

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman

I'm not expecting Smash; I was however expecting something at the end of the countdown.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
@Kink-Link5 I am referring to 'we' as in the small participants of this thread that had expectations. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill bro.

@AetherEch0s Haha, cause it is a puzzle, my friend. The end result will have meaning for sure. But until then it's utterly useless. Just pictures.

@Pseudomaniac That's why I said "expect something."

So the hype train has had some technical difficulties but it should be getting back on track soon enough.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Am I the only one who thinks it's too soon for ANYTHING regarding Smash 4?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ -DR3W- (and kinda sorta everyone)
I expect this puzzle to lead to more puzzles, especially if the final result is smash bros. I don't see this as the end of our collective confusion and lack of factual answers.

I mean, they'll want to hold out smash bros. information at least for a bit... unless it is minor details, or not involving gameplay...

...like the 2 games' names.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If it is smash bros, I wouldn't be surprised if Namco Bandai Games was spying on various sites to gauge the reactions of smash fans.

*waits for admins to IP check people and compare them to locations of Namco Bandai Games' various worldwide locations... just to be extra paranoid*

:rotfl:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I mean, I don't want to be "that guy" but I don't think cow tongues, aquariums, and raisins when I think Smash Brothers...

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I don't want to be "that guy" but I don't think cow tongues, aquariums, and raisins when I think Smash Brothers...
I don't think video games in general when I see those :p they're probably just filler images

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There has got to be some jumbled message there that we probably haven't figured out.

Those are just random images, unless they are somehow connected to something in a game.

That's not how puzzles work...

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
The only thing we really have to go off of is "All Star Battle" which makes everyone heavily lean towards Smash for obvious reasons.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
-All Star Battle
-Namco assisting in development to an unknown degree
-The sun resembling the Brawl ending

Thats a bit to go on.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"All Star Battle" could easily refer to and describe Super Smash Bros, Tekken X Street Fighter, and Project X Zone.

Also, is it me, or does that shot of the sun not look like a real image (as in it was taken from a video game)=???

There is always a chance that only one of these photographs matters, and the rest are just red herrings... :confused:

Top Bottom