• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Often a strange adventure of all-star battle; PlayStation 3 fighter trailer goes live

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
the food pic was revealed by someone to actually be a date.

one of the Pics is the Statue of Liberty, which could be a hint to Little Mac or Victini.

the bottom ocean pic is from Brawl's intro.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I swear the aquarium and the surface of a pool is a hint at Starfy.

But the cow nose and date are throwing me off.

n88

Smash Lord
Yeah, probably not a good idea to assume this is Smash

I dunno. Project X whatever just had a 10 minute trailer, and they already have this. Those pictures have nothing to do with anything I guess.

Aren't you guys looking a little too deep into this? It seems kinda obvious.

yani

Smash Lord
"It's unknown if the new Smash Bros. project will be for Wii U, 3DS or both"

This site seems legit

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Just my honest thoughts. I don't really feel like missing this if this TURNS OUT to be a teaser, on the other hand I'm very skeptical about this.

lol well either way Smash related stuff seems to be appearing around the net. It makes sense really since major companies tend to copy off nintendo at big events, so nintendo and the affiliated companies decide to talk directly to the consumer base and newscasters. I know i'm gonna be looking at the site. If its smash related, awesome, if not, whatever. Games gonna release either way. : )

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...those pictures...EXTREMELY REALISTIC SMASH!??? Fufufufufufufufu!! Statue of Library for SSB4! More female rep guys! :woman: :awesome:

It just occurred to me, could this be some representation of a worldwide poll about characters? When looking at the pictures they looked like tourist attractions to me. However, would Namco-Bandai do that instead of Nintendo? I'm not sure it has anything to do with smash, but I like the speculation.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
wait just a second. why would the official website for Smash Bros. 4 be in Namco Bandai's website and not Nintendo's?

While yes, the game is being developed by Namco Bandai, I can't see why would they put it on their website... and the Copyright notice in the lower part of the site doesn't refer to Nintendo at all... so this may be something totally unrelated.

Lower the expectations or be disappointed, that's what I've got to say!

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
Wait a minute... Statue of Liberty... New Ghostbusters movie... SLIMER FOR SMASH BROS! Hahaha.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
wait just a second. why would the official website for Smash Bros. 4 be in Namco Bandai's website and not Nintendo's?

While yes, the game is being developed by Namco Bandai, I can't see why would they put it on their website... and the Copyright notice in the lower part of the site doesn't refer to Nintendo at all... so this may be something totally unrelated.

Lower the expectations or be disappointed, that's what I've got to say!
^ This. I'm just expecting this to turn out to be Namco Bandai's own project, crossover or not.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah at least we would't have to wait months to find out what it is. I think my head will explode if it is smash related; really.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't honestly believe this is Smash related and yet, there are many people claiming this to be... it doesn't look like it.

I didn't buy these claims for a second... it looks too realistic, too un-Smash. and the fact that it's not on Nintendo's website or the smashbros.com website pretty much says that it's unrelated.

another fact to consider is how could have they done so much to justify pictures (and highly detailed, if yet vague) to be shown, considering that development just started.

Well, maybe because that would be too obvious? That and there is absolutely no nintendo related information on the page. If the website were to be revealed and there wasn't any copy right information then there would be a problem. Since Namco Bandai is developing it and Nintendo is supervising it I would expect that information to only be there if images, music, footage etc. of said game were to be shown. Or I could just be talking out of my ***.

Just stay positive. If no news happens it doesn't happen. There is nothing wrong with being excited, it's not the end of the world if there is no info.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't know what I'm hyped for more.

The fact the SSB4 teaser site is up and forward another day, or that MY BRO ETERNAL PHOENIX FIRE IS BACK FROM THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!

Seriously bro, skype me or something. (you still into competitive Melee=???)

Edit: All-Star Battle. ALL-STAR.... BATTLE!!!

*waits for rabid and soulless Sony fanboys to get made and rage on Nintendo, without the knowledge that the original Super Smash Bros.' Japanese title had "All-Stars" in it*​

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ EPF
Been good, and I've become old-ish! :rotfl: Also, gotten into Melee. You still going to tournaments a lot my smash brothah=???

But yeah, 2 days hype now. 2 days hype is so yesterday. Also as a note to all you newer folks, the Brawl dojo updated around 12 midnight Pacific Coast/3 AM East Coast time, which is around 12 noon Japan time (I think). So maybe that's when we'll get updates... or perhaps the updates will be more generous to us here in North and South America! :laugh:

Haxeye

Smash Cadet
I don't honestly believe this is Smash related and yet, there are many people claiming this to be... it doesn't look like it.

I didn't buy these claims for a second... it looks too realistic, too un-Smash. and the fact that it's not on Nintendo's website or the smashbros.com website pretty much says that it's unrelated.

another fact to consider is how could have they done so much to justify pictures (and highly detailed, if yet vague) to be shown, considering that development just started.
Because Namco already had a running prototype that they were able to show Sakurai, wouldn't surprise me if some development had already begun before Sakurai had switched over from KI. Though I'm also hesitant to say 100% that this is Smash but an Allstar battle makes it more likely.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Because Namco already had a running prototype that they were able to show Sakurai, wouldn't surprise me if some development had already begun before Sakurai had switched over from KI. Though I'm also hesitant to say 100% that this is Smash but an Allstar battle makes it more likely.
it's definitely a crossover, but it's probably NOT Smash Bros.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
But yeah, 2 days hype now. 2 days hype is so yesterday. Also as a note to all you newer folks, the Brawl dojo updated around 12 midnight Pacific Coast/3 AM East Coast time, which is around 12 noon Japan time (I think). So maybe that's when we'll get updates... or perhaps the updates will be more generous to us here in North and South America! :laugh:
Thanx for the info, looking forward to it.

So an Allstar battle. Wonder if that means the allstars of Nintendo or the allstars of the Nintendo consoles.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just had the most MIND BLOWING THOUGHT EVER!!!

What if one of the smash bros. game was a crossover, like a Namco Bandai vs. Nintendo, and the other was a "true" smash bros. title=???

MIND = BLOWN.

But for realZs, I think that some of the details will be purposely revealed. Seriously, Sakurai basically confirmed like 12 characters in 1 picture. I have said this before, I'll say it again: I think Sakurai and co. are trying to just push out a lot of the veterans out in the open so that they don't have to spend a lot of time "formally" revealing characters for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and even 5th time (since one of these games will be Smash 5, unless one of these games it isn't a "true" smash bros. game).

Statue of Liberty would be my main for smash 4. Hand out some patriotic *** whuppin.

Yeah john getting old too bro lol. I still go to some tournaments every now and then, ive just been broke so i can necessarily afford it at the moment. When I have a solid job ill start attending more.

Smash vs Bandai? That would be so ****ing legit.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't think the white board drawing confirms anything as it could most likely be a drawing that was made just for fun and to tell us Smash is indeed alive. If it was a screenshot on the other hand...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I just had the most MIND BLOWING THOUGHT EVER!!!

What if one of the smash bros. game was a crossover, like a Namco Bandai vs. Nintendo, and the other was a "true" smash bros. title=???

MIND = BLOWN.
Heihachi vs Ganondorf :cool:

Oh, and don't forget Sonic :shades:

But for realZs, I think that some of the details will be purposely revealed. Seriously, Sakurai basically confirmed like 12 characters in 1 picture. I have said this before, I'll say it again: I think Sakurai and co. are trying to just push out a lot of the veterans out in the open so that they don't have to spend a lot of time "formally" revealing characters for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and even 5th time (since one of these games will be Smash 5, unless one of these games it isn't a "true" smash bros. game).
How do you figure that? Not doubting my main man John, of course, just wondering

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ My logic is that because all of the characters on that picture were playable in previous smash bros games (minus Mr. Saturn, the Sandbag, and Master Hand), and that Sakurai has had to "introduce us" to characters like Link, Mario, Pikachu, and Kirby for 3 times, he doesn't want to do it a 4th and 5th time. It's kinda like introducing your family to your (girl?)friend like 5 times even if they remember them, have met them, and know they're coming back! :laugh:
Statue of Liberty would be my main for smash 4. Hand out some patriotic *** whuppin.
Is that possibly a reference to a great American boxing champion who sees that in the background while training=???

Or even more to the American Eagle, Captain Falcon, or to the game "Sons of Liberty," a true reference to Snake's return=???
Yeah john getting old too bro lol. I still go to some tournaments every now and then, ive just been broke so i can necessarily afford it at the moment. When I have a solid job ill start attending more.
My rule of thumb: If you're in your 20's, chances are you're broke! It categorizes me pretty well! :laugh:
Smash vs Bandai? That would be so ****ing legit.
It would, although truth be told, I'd like it after Smash WiiU and 3DS... or as (semi-cheap) DLC! :grin:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

As much as I want to get hyped, I have to keep comments like this in mind to avoid the riisk of being excited for nothing.

But...it was a gift from the french. XD

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Woaw, I remember playing the original Clay Fighters (on the Super Nintendo) and Clay Fighter63 1/3rd at my cousins. Those games were freaking fun! :)

That reference to the Sculptor's Cut is straight up hardcore! :laugh:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Oh man what do I do what do I do!?!
I mean if this does turn out to be a teaser page do I really want SSB4's surprises spoiled!?! But there's just noway I can wait 1 or 2 years for the game to come out knowing that there's info about it at my fingertips! Curse you internet! Melee and Smash 64 were really special because I had no Idea what to expect. The only surprise I recieved in Brawl was R.O.B...and man what an awesome surprise!

I was wondering can a game as offensive as clay fighters actually get in smash? Would they photograph clay models and use those photographs in SSB4?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Just going to throw this out.....

If this was Smash, wouldn't this be from Nintendo's site.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There is going to be so much unnecessary disappointment on Thursday...

Top Bottom