• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I guess what I meant was it would be nice to be able to choose Pikachu, and then change it to Pichu, the name and the dimensions change, but the moves more or less stay the same. It would just clean up the character select screen and almost justify the fact that Pichu is a clone, but you don't have to take up a character slot. It's almost like putting him in a sub category. You could even throw in Raichu as another variation.
Pichu would still need the voice actress that did Pichu's voice, and slightly different physics because of the difference in size. If they did all that with the name change and dimensional change then I would be fine.
Actually, it'd be fine! One of Peach's alternate costumes is Daisy. Yet the announcer still calls her Peach.
Peach's costume looking like Daisy doesn't mean it is Daisy. It's still Peach with more of a tan, brown hair, and Daisy's clothes.

mada0207

Smash Cadet
I know for sure that Cpt.Falcon will come since Girro assist trophy is there.

But what about Ness and Jiggly puff i think they will be in there how bout lugi i know he'll be in ssbb.Peach what about Peach.

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
I know for sure that Cpt.Falcon will come since Girro assist trophy is there.

But what about Ness and Jiggly puff i think they will be in there how bout lugi i know he'll be in ssbb.Peach what about Peach.

lol so many questions...

Yeah Falcon should definitely return. Hopefully Ness and Jiggly will return, because Ness was the original "original" character since SSB and Jiggly's just Jiggs. He/She deserves another appearance. Luigi better return. No reason not for him to return. He's Mario's better half. He NEEDS to be in this game. It's the same with Peach. Peach needs to be in this game because she's such a big part of the Mario world.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I don't even know why people are questioning the Original 12. They're going to be in. I mean...seriously. Who really doubts that??

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
Good arguments and points, though some did feel like repetitive banter.

Why does everyone want Sheik. In my view Sheik has been replaced by Zamus and Snake. Especially Snake. If you look at some of his moves they're almost identical to Sheik. Not to mention Snake moves quicker and has a few stronger moves. The only real difference is Snake uses guns and grenades.

Zamus(Zero Suit Samus) is quick and fast and uses a whip.

With Zelda it's been said Sakurai is using her TP form. And Zelda doesn't turn into Sheik in TP.
Then again Link turns into a wolf but so far we haven't seen anything like that. So all theoriesw and thoughts could be out of the window.

But I don't see Sheik returning. No matter how cool he/she vwas.
is it true that the only way to use ZsSamus is to use Samus' final smash?

so it wont be possible to play with ZsSamus in a no-item match? (that would kinda suck..)

khold

Smash Apprentice
If the original 12 aren't included then I'll be very disappointed...

and if the clones are returning, then maybe they can recieve new movesets.

JPW

Smash Ace
the only clones I can see returning are Falco and Gannondorf and possibly Yg. Link. However Yg. Link will be in WW form I feel. Just to make him different.

theduffman

Smash Cadet
It seems to me there'll be 31 characters.

Initially, Sakurai gave us character profiles on a fairly random basis, but now he's settled in to a pattern of one per week...

I *think* this is accurate:
week 1: Mario, Link, Pit
week 2: no-one
week 3: Pikachu, Kirby
week 4: Fox, Samus
week 5: Wario
week 6: Zelda
week 7: Bowser
week 8: Donkey Kong
week 9: Zero Suit Samus
week 10: Yoshi

Sakurai has so far profiled 13 of the 15 confirmed characters and if he continues at the rate of one per week (not including the week begginning on Monday Dec 3, Brawl's release date), then we will have 18 more, making a total of 31.

if he keeps on delivering obvious characters for a while, the next two months could have in store for us:
Metaknight, Snake, Falcon, Ness,
Luigi, Peach,
Jigglypuff, Sheik, Gannondorf, Falco
(roughly ordered according to certainty to return)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I feel Brawl will have its surprises, but we'll definitely be getting all of the starters and all of the 3rd Party characters at least by launch. Possibly one, maybe two or three of the simpler to find hidden characters. Also, I figure Sakurai will take his sweet time and wait until late November to tie up the loose ends like "This World..." and whatever else we come across.

Basically, I see Smashbros.com as ultimately being your basic game guide at release, and then after maybe a month or two, it could just about be a full fledged strategy guide.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I feel Brawl will have its surprises, but we'll definitely be getting all of the starters and all of the 3rd Party characters at least by launch. Possibly one, maybe two or three of the simpler to find hidden characters. Also, I figure Sakurai will take his sweet time and wait until late November to tie up the loose ends like "This World..." and whatever else we come across.

Basically, I see Smashbros.com as ultimately being your basic game guide at release, and then after maybe a month or two, it could just about be a full fledged strategy guide.
I don't think he'll show anything with 3rd party characters. He said they'll all be locked and he probably won't show any locked guys until after release. Maybe hints.... All starters of course though. That includes Ness, Falcon, Marth and Ice Climbers, maybe Peach from melee. No more than that.

This world will probably grow with updates slowly until a big climax, Sakurai you *******!
jk well done

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
No way, the 3rd Party people are going to DEMAND some cover art space. I know this is the age of communication technology and word would get out fast that Sonic or NiGHTS or Megaman or whoever else was in even if they didn't have any face time, but advertising is just as big a part of life as anything. Trust me on this one. 3rd Party people are being revealed before the release.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
No way, the 3rd Party people are going to DEMAND some cover art space. I know this is the age of communication technology and word would get out fast that Sonic or NiGHTS or Megaman or whoever else was in even if they didn't have any face time, but advertising is just as big a part of life as anything. Trust me on this one. 3rd Party people are being revealed before the release.
I agree it's possible (probable) but I think there's a code on this or something LOL
He shouldn't show them as full blown Characters with profiles ect. if you ask me. Just starters and maybe hints to them. No more.

Twilight BladerJulz

Smash Rookie
It's definately possible for more third party characters to go in, but I wouldn't agree with Nintendo revealing those characters straight away. They've only told of Snake, and he is a secret character that needs to be unlocked (he'd be in the brawl profiles otherwise) but MK I don't think he needs to be unlocked. After all, Nintendo may not reveal all characters that will be in Brawl. It's only five months until Brawl comes out.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Of course not, there is a slight difference in their b special. Mewtwo's slower, and Samus can't charge while falling down.
Mewtwos actually knocks them further too and wobbles. Mewtwo just needs to be better in ALL other areas.
He's like the best Pokemon and Jiggly can beat em more than he beats Jiggles.
Mewtwo's coming back as the POKEGOD! and we'll be like, "Where did he come from!?!?! He's so cool! He matches up against Samus now. Finally good even chargy B blast battle that we've all been waiting 4."

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
What Mewtwo needs is bigger hitboxes, more power, more weight, and his fB and dB to be faster. I think if they make his fB more of a screen than a hand motion, it will be more effective. Like maybe he could make a crescent shape with his hand, and the attack could grab like Bowser's fB. And his dB needs less cooldown time. Both of them are kind of wastes of two move as they are.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Sorry Dyce but what you're referring to fB is the CatClaw which is perfect how it is. It set's up perfect combos, it is quick, and you can shield jump out of it. I was a former Mewtwo player and I highly doubt you were so I would know this stuff. Also, his dB does need way more less lag. It takes ages to get back.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
This is why I hate 3rd parties and wish we never let them in... >_>

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Confusion ain't horrible, but it definitely ain't good. I really don't like it either. Yes the Shadow Claw(referred to as Cat Claw). That move is great to combo with some Bairs for the kill! Sorry for my misunderstanding though, I thought you said Forward A so I thought of Cat Claw. Forward B(confusion I think)...I like using that while holding the edge of Battlefield. Press back then Forward B and it drags them under the stage, usually for a kill.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
This is why I hate 3rd parties and wish we never let them in... >_>
But some characters {*cough*SONIC THE HEDGEHOG*cough*} really should be included. They're staples to their companies and would fit in with the Smash cast more than easily. Sonic, Megaman, NiGHTS, Viewtiful Joe, Sora, and most FF characters are just a few examples of characters that people want to beat Mario up with. Don't you think the fans deserve that? And Mario... after all this time of being the #1 of all video game characters, don't you think it would have gone to his head by now? He really needs be knocked off his pedestal for a moment.

halfdemon alchemist

Smash Cadet
^^^^
We also decided that you should HIT THE EDIT BUTTON AND NOT DOUBLE/TRIPLE POST, Breakfast.
Really, you're going to get hit from a mod and banned.

Roy's pretty much gone in favor of another FE character that wouldn't be a clone
Falco and Ganondorf have good chances to stay because of popularity
Young Link is gone in favor of another Zelda character, or a Cel-Shaded Link version
Pichu's just straight up gone and hopefully we won't get anymore crappy Pikachu rip-offs
And Doc is definitely gone because he's mario with a stethescope, he'll be an alternate skin
I agree with you in everything you just said. Ganondorf is staying for sure because Link and Zelda are in and they both have a piece of the triforce and Ganon has the last piece so it's only a matter of time till they confirm him
Falco is really popular and nintendo hq will be bombed if he's not in brawl
Pichu should go to hell he just sucks way more than I expected
Doc's gone he's way to similar to mario even for a clone
all the veterans are coming back with their latest look so if young link is coming back it'll be in his WW look
as much as I hate to admit it roy's gone and he's getting replaced by another FE character I just hope i won't have to change my strategy so much

-Mars-

Smash Hero
i can't beleive nintendo would be stupid enough to take sheik out, would they?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
ya luigi will be in brawl they are getting rid of doc so luigi will be in. maybe they will give him a new moveset though

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure Sheik is gone. I mean, Sakurai did the Zelda update on the site and there wasn't even a mention of Shiek. The Zelda model they are using is the one from Twilight Princess, and it wouldn't make much sense for her to be transforming into Shiek.

That, and Zamus seems to be very similar to Shiek in a lot of ways, and can easily be seen as a replacement.

I think that Shiek is probably gone, and if she isn't gone she'll be her own character. Either way, it's an improvement, although I would prefer that she was gone completely.

TxuZz

Smash Cadet
dont tell me sheik's gone.. she's like the 2nd best player in the game.. and its role in OOT is escential. If sakurai knows OOT is one of the best games ever created, then he must know the characters in it are super famous... right? Geez.. now i wanna PM sakurai...

mwinship1

Smash Rookie
I really doubt Sheik is gonna be in Brawl. It almost looks as though the moves of Zero-Suit Samus sort of mimic those of Sheik, so I think Zero-Suit Samus will replace Sheik.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
man i'm really gonna be pissed if sheik isn't in the game, how can you just take out one of the best players in the game, sheik also has a pretty big following amongst smashers

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that the fact that a character is strong is a reason to keep them in the game. I mean, Marth has a good chance of going as well, and he's also one of the best characters in the game (as well as my favorite characters...).

Top Bottom