• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
How in the world do you know that? You must have some kind of knowledge unbeknownst to the rest of us. Are you a spy? [/sarcasm]

As much as I hate to admit it, I feel Sheik may be gone. Zelda does have her Melee attacks, but she is outfitted TP style. It kinda wouldn't make sense to bring her back unless she was her own character (which they would nerf the hell out of and make her a secret character). I'm just curious as to what Zelda's new dB would/will be.

Man, I hate ripping on Sheik because I love her so much but OoT was her only role in a game. She could easily come back in another incarnation in another Zelda game, but as of now we shouldn't bet on it.

And two things people say that piss me off every time I read either of them:
"Zamus took the place of Sheik because she's a transformation" and "Snake's the ninja now, he's replacing Sheik."
Zamus and/or Snake will be nothing like Sheik so stop saying they "replaced" her.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
What X-x-Dyce-x-X is saying is true, but i'm going to disagree with you. I think Sheik will come back, I know that she is in the Tp style, but like you say, Zelda does have her Melee attacks, and Smash is just a fighting game with no story, so it doesn't need to make sense, imo.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gotta disagree with you chiyo:

Smash seems to have a story now...
Just because they have show like 5-6 moves doesnt mean some moves where change...
Tp zelda=/=OoT zelda

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Hey, I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with Sheik not being in Brawl. I want her back myself. It's just that after doing the math and looking at the obvious facts, most signs (except for Zelda's current moveset) are so far point to a dismal chance.

@Stryks:

OoT > TP

~but~

TP Zelda >HOTTER THAN> OoT Zelda

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Gotta disagree with you chiyo:

Smash seems to have a story now...
Just because they have show like 5-6 moves doesnt mean some moves where change...
Tp zelda=/=OoT zelda
Well, yeah, but they're just trophies fighting, not the actual characters.

It wouldn't really matter if the TP Zelda transformed into Shiek.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't be a continuity issue, because I agree hat Smash doesn't really have a story. But I think that the Zelda and Link models show a clear leaning toward TP, and that other characters from the Zelda franchise are going to come from there (Midna?)

Dark Link 1045

Smash Rookie
You can pretty much guarntee Sheik is gone, his last game (excluding Melee) was almost 10 years ago (9 to be exact). I'd like to actually see Ness stay, even know i was never a huge fan of him. Most of the clones will go most likely, but i think they'll probably keep Ganondorf perhaps drop Capt. Falcon.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Well Sheik's always going to be a fan favorite of all the incarnations of Zelda, whether they be Sheik or Tetra or whatever form she chooses to be her guise.

I'd love to see Ness stay as well, as long as they buff him back to a respectable fighter like he was in SSB64. The closer to godly the better! Same goes with Kirby. But I'd also like to see Lucas and Claus in the game as well. Can't we just have them all Sakurai?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
i don't think they will take out falcon, considering how he was in 64' and melee, ness was pretty good in 64' and i loved to use him but if they bring him back with his current moveset, then he is pretty much a wasted character that could have been used on a good character like a sheik:)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You can pretty much guarntee Sheik is gone, his last game (excluding Melee) was almost 10 years ago (9 to be exact). I'd like to actually see Ness stay, even know i was never a huge fan of him. Most of the clones will go most likely, but i think they'll probably keep Ganondorf perhaps drop Capt. Falcon.
when u say that she hasn't had a game in a while when was the last kid of icarus, or ice climbers?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Drop Captain Falcon for Ganondorf? Are you crazy?

We don't have to drop Captain Falcon (an original N64 character, BTW) for Ganondorf. Ganondorf should have his moveset changed.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Doctor Mario is outa here. Sorry, but he's just too much like Mario.

Captain Falcon is staying. They already put Samurai Goroh in as an AT, Captain Falcon's rival, so why wouldn't they still keep the star of the F-Zero games around?

Ganondorf is staying. Even if they have to change his moveset completely or just luigify him, he's going to stick around. He's one third of the Triforce, they wouldn't break that trio up.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I'm really disappointed that they didn't mature Yoshi into the bloodthirsty beast he's based on.

Also: I'm not sure if this has been deconfirmed yet, but when Yoshi throws eggs from his rear, underdeveloped yoshi fetuses (or is that fe-ti?) do not come out of the broken shells. Way to be for a kiddie demographic Nintendo.

jolteon20

Smash Rookie
what about ROY, there's no way to be in brawl? 'cause looks like there is a huge number of characters, so it's he able to return?

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
as it remains, they still have not revealed any returning characters who have previously been clones. i think that this hopefully means they have retooled the "clone" characters that they have decided to bring back. Of these, I'm waiting to see Ganondorf confirmed most of all, with a new moveset.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'm really disappointed that they didn't mature Yoshi into the bloodthirsty beast he's based on.

Also: I'm not sure if this has been deconfirmed yet, but when Yoshi throws eggs from his rear, underdeveloped yoshi fetuses (or is that fe-ti?) do not come out of the broken shells. Way to be for a kiddie demographic Nintendo.
A) I wish Yoshi looked a bit more badass like he should. He was realistic in SSB64 and Melee and now they kiddied him down. He should be in his mount form, like one that's a cross between the Yoshi's in Super Mario Sunshine and Yoshi in Melee. I guess this is the Yoshi we're accustomed to lately, but I just think he would have been better off the other way.

B) And for Yoshi to poop out babies, someone would need to impregnate her(/him/it?). Basic biology my friend.

what about ROY, there's no way to be in brawl? 'cause looks like there is a huge number of characters, so it's he able to return?
Roy's not going to make it in favor of Ike, the new and more popular FE lord.

do u think it would be nasty if link could turn into midna?
Not only would it be nasty... it wouldn't make sense. Midna and Link are two TOTALLY different people. That makes about as much sense as Luigi turning into Birdo. Maybe if Link turned into Wolf Link with Midna coming out of his shadow and riding his back like in the game... maybe that would be more acceptable (though it's not going to happen), but Link to Midna?... nope.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
The biggest (or at least, most important) difference between Mario and Doc anyway was the way that their Fair hit. We saw in the trailer that, in Brawl, Mario's Fair can hit both up and down, so I think that pretty much means Doctor Mario is gone for good.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well, roy wont come, at least i dont think so, and about mario, he has too, bur dr mario is out of the game
well the reason Roy appeared in Melee was for promoting Fire Emblem at the time, but this time they aren't so it's unlikely he'll return, maybe ike or Hector will replace him, anyway how could you say...

and about mario, he has too,
why would you even say that, everybody know he's in in fact he was the first one! didn't even have to think about it, as for D. Mario I hope he doesn't return because they would probably make him a clone all over again which I wouldn't like, the only way I can see him returning is with Mario having him as an alternate costume

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
A) I wish Yoshi looked a bit more badass like he should. He was realistic in SSB64 and Melee and now they kiddied him down. He should be in his mount form, like one that's a cross between the Yoshi's in Super Mario Sunshine and Yoshi in Melee. I guess this is the Yoshi we're accustomed to lately, but I just think he would have been better off the other way.

B) And for Yoshi to poop out babies, someone would need to impregnate her(/him/it?). Basic biology my friend.
Pshaw, we don't know what Yoshi does between battles. Last I heard he was the dinoswhore of the island.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
These are the ones I'm sure are not returning:
Roy
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Young Link

I think the clones that will get reworking will be Falco and Ganondorf, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wolf replaced Falco.

I'm not sure they will be returning, but I sure hope so:
Ice Climbers
Mr. GAW
Ness

I actively use IC and Ness, though I'm not part of the tourney scene. I really hope Mr. GAW returns because while I don't use him seriously, it's fun to OWN random players with him, and he is a pioneer, we wouldn't be where we are if it weren't for him. Besides, he is easy to program, I don't think he requires much work.

And I'm all Lucas for Brawl, but I want to see him fighting alongside Ness.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Ridley can be playable. Can you say Assist Trophy?

Also, I don't think it would make a lot of sense to get rid of Ness now. I mean, he was one of the original twelve. It seems to me that the only characters that you would really want to get rid of are clones, so I think Ice Climbers are also safe.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I don't think Ridley can be playable. Can you say Assist Trophy?
WTF!! did i read right? if course Ridley can be playable, in fact i got some people who could easily think of moves for him, as for an assist trophiy well..I guess but that's if he doesn't make it which I do not believe because I'm am posive Ridley WILL make it as a playable

Frigid_Aztec

Smash Apprentice
WTF!! did i read right? if course Ridley can be playable, in fact i got some people who could easily think of moves for him, as for an assist trophiy well..I guess but that's if he doesn't make it which I do not believe because I'm am posive Ridley WILL make it as a playable
our sigs look almost the same:dizzy:

anyways I agree, Ridley could easily be a playable character, and making him an AT would sorta be a waste

-Mars-

Smash Hero
These are the ones I'm sure are not returning:
Roy
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Young Link

I think the clones that will get reworking will be Falco and Ganondorf, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Wolf replaced Falco.

I'm not sure they will be returning, but I sure hope so:
Ice Climbers
Mr. GAW
Ness

I actively use IC and Ness, though I'm not part of the tourney scene. I really hope Mr. GAW returns because while I don't use him seriously, it's fun to OWN random players with him, and he is a pioneer, we wouldn't be where we are if it weren't for him. Besides, he is easy to program, I don't think he requires much work.

And I'm all Lucas for Brawl, but I want to see him fighting alongside Ness.
you didn't give us your opinion on sheik

Tony_

Smash Ace
Sheik will return VIA hidden character.

Ness has a HIGH chance of returning.

Ice Climbers have a somewhat large margin of returning to Brawl, and I wouldn't be amazed if they updated the site with them on Monday.

MR.GAW is back, albeit a easier to get hidden character.

Roy, Pichu, DR.Mario, and Young link at this point, have a VERY slim margin of returning.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
returning

Mario
Link
Samus
Pikachu
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Zelda
Sheik(both separate though)
Peach
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Young Link(rumoured as WW Link and not a clone)
Luigi(Though has a new moveset(rumoured))
Yoshi
Fox
Captain Falcon
Mewtwo
Ness

Not returning
Roy
Marth
Pichu
Ice climbers
Mr Game and warch

The fire emblem series has more popular characters so they two will be going
Pichy due to the fact that there will probably only be 4 pokemon and because or Ricarios popularity he'll take pichus place as pichu was a not very popular
Ice climbers(yes i do like them)i dont see returning because of a low popularity
Mr Game and Watch even though he had a great origional move set he will probably be replaced by paper mario or just because he was the least popular character

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
-Ness has a DECENT chance of returning, only with the fact that Sakurai wanted to replace Ness with Lucas, which he still may end up doing.

-Doctor Mario is gone, there's no doubt about that.

-Pichu, Roy, and Young Link have terrible chances. They aren't popular or good enough, and were 2nd rate clones.

-Falco has a good chance because he is a popular character in Melee and he's always used in the series.

-Ganondorf WILL return because he's part of the Triforce Trio. They may make him have a different moveset (but probably they'll just luigify him), but he's still coming back.

-Marth will return because he was the first FE Lord, and the first to make a comeback in a sequel (FE3). He was highly requested for Melee and should make the cut for Brawl. (Not to mention all the FE levels we've seen, which are either from FE1 or FE3; they definitely aren't from FE:poR or FE:GoD)

-Ice Climbers are gone due to all the glitches they bring along.

-And I wish it wasn't so, but I fear Mr. G&W and Sheik are gone for some reason.

Other than that, though, I agree with everything else everyone is saying.

Top Bottom