• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
As a conclusion it seems we have decided generally on

Pichu no
MGWatch no
Doc chances are no
YL no unless altered dramatically
Roy possibly no

Everyone else has been noted as in

Sheik has been questioned but is probably returning as well

Sounds fine with me..........I can live with that

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Not being in a game in ages is not an excuse not to be in Brawl. Pit hasn't been in a game since the early 90's, yet he made it to Brawl. With that said, he has a chance. I don't really care if he makes it in though. I'm just stating not being in a game in a while can't be a reason not to be in Brawl.
C Olimar deserves to be in just as much as anyone else....
Aside from his lack of size and lack of fighting ability and lack of almost everything.......
Why not?

I'll kick the SH*** out of anyone in the world with Olimonster if there are those who oppose his presence

The BALANCE will be the greatest factor in this game.........No more Link, Pickachu and Samus beat Pichu, DK and Roy everytime......I'm I right people

BALANCE BABY YEAH!!!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
We also decided that you should HIT THE EDIT BUTTON AND NOT DOUBLE/TRIPLE POST, Breakfast.
Really, you're going to get hit from a mod and banned.

Roy's pretty much gone in favor of another FE character that wouldn't be a clone
Falco and Ganondorf have good chances to stay because of popularity
Young Link is gone in favor of another Zelda character, or a Cel-Shaded Link version
Pichu's just straight up gone and hopefully we won't get anymore crappy Pikachu rip-offs
And Doc is definitely gone because he's mario with a stethescope, he'll be an alternate skin

Stryks

Smash Hero
Id like a character, but I doubt it, we just got a character on thursday, and well something tells me we aint gettin one til friday or thursday, Im hoping for the next part of the "This world" thing, tought something tells me it aint gonna happen...

roy_owns

Smash Lord
A character would possibly be the best update. But I'm predicting something less interesting. Maybe we'll get a stage? Like one we've already seen: probably Angel Land or Mario Circuit.
Id like a character, but I doubt it, we just got a character on thursday, and well something tells me we aint gettin one til friday or thursday, Im hoping for the next part of the "This world" thing, tought something tells me it aint gonna happen...
This how I suspect it. The character we got this week was Zamus, therefore Nintendo has had over a week to finish a new character.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Character updates are good, But I can't wait for all the characters that we know are comfirmed, (Like Snake, Meta Knight), then all the character updates will be a surprise.

007flash

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Sakurai is going to reveal everything before it comes out. There would be no fun in that.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, he's probably going to give us only the very important stuff, while still keeping things ambiguous. He probably won't even give us all the characters by then. He'll give us all the starters, that's for sure, but he'll only give us maybe a handful of secret characters. Same with the stages. He probably won't give us the other 3rd party characters until after the release either.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
There's going to be to many Pokemon and AT's to update by December so eventually he'll just give us a list
I don't think he will, from now and December that's a lot of days I think thats about right. To me some update seem to be fillers, so i'm thinking that he knows what he's doing, with this time.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
C Olimar deserves to be in just as much as anyone else....
Aside from his lack of size and lack of fighting ability and lack of almost everything.......
Why not?

I'll kick the SH*** out of anyone in the world with Olimonster if there are those who oppose his presence

The BALANCE will be the greatest factor in this game.........No more Link, Pickachu and Samus beat Pichu, DK and Roy everytime......I'm I right people

BALANCE BABY YEAH!!!
I never said I was against Olimar, but I never said I was for Olimar either. You can't assume I'm against Olimar when I said I don't care.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
My bad

either way

BALANCE BABY YEAH!!

THATS WHAT EDITS FOR OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Thanks
I really had no idea! lol

seriously thanks

Trilink

Smash Rookie
Ye my last post was pointless lokking at it my bad. I hope Sakurai sheds some light on the online stuff but htht probs wnt happen till nov/dec.

JPW

Smash Ace
i was the one who ragged out Olimar.

Pikmin was cool and new when I first played it, but after a while I felt it kind of got boring, and Olimar really didn't impress me as a character let alone a fighter. He uses Pikmin to fight for him. If Olimar does make the cut, i wont mind. He'll be my new punching bag most likely.

Just remember Samurai Goroh didn't make it. And in my view he should of been one of the best picks for newcomers. And he was a favourite before. So if Samurai can't make it think about the others. What chance could they have.

Pit is also in for Nostalgic reasons, and the hope of bringing back a dead franchise. Miyamoto has said that he hopes to give the series new light. And this new look could definitely open it up to the Child/Teenage market. Pit I feel is also there to do what Marth and Roy did for Fire Emblem.

Link'sLeftHand

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I've been reading threads on this site for a while now and finally decided to join.

I've noticed a lot of people in favor of cutting certain characters, especially the clones. Here's what I think.

All of the characters with original move sets should stay. This includes characters like Ice Climbers and G&W. I think they both really do add something to the roster and I've gotten pretty good at using both of them. I think G&W has the highest potential of being cut, and if he is then he would most certainly return in the form of an AT.

What I would really like to see is the costume changes really be beefed up. Being able to choose Mario, and then change his costume to Dr. Mario or even choosing Pikachu and changing to Pichu. Their moves could even slightly change, (like Dr. Mario shooting out pills instead of fire balls) I really don't think it would be that hard for them to do. Unique costume changes for the other characters would be cool too, (changing Wario to his classic garb or Link to his Zora suit from TP) there really is a lot more potential than just random color changes (although some like Yoshi and Kirby make sense).

Some of the other clones like Ganondorf (who should definitely be returning) or Falco should get new moves. Falco is questionable. I would love to see him return with some cool new moves but seeing how there are other Starfox characters like Crystal and Wolf who both definitely stand a chance of joining, we could see Falco get cut. But like I said before, if he is cut, than he'd be an AT (perhaps with the rest of the Starfox team?).

That leaves us with Young Link and Roy. I think Young Link should be replaced by Wind Waker Link. I think there could be some really cool moves (like his giant hammer, or something pertaining to the wind waker itself) and a Wind Waker stage could be really awesome (even if Wind Waker Link isn't in the game a stage is still a good idea). I'm not too familiar with Fire Emblem, but with what I’ve read on these boards it does seem likely they will add a new Fire Emblem character. What chances this leaves for Roy I do not know.

Then there is Sheik. Although Zelda is returning I think it is likely that she will no longer possess the ability to transform into Sheik. Because it is Zelda from TP and not OOT, maybe they will give Sheik her own place as an individual character.

With the addition of the Assist Trophies it will be interesting to see what characters will be playable. It seems like it could be a more refined roster now that the runner-ups have a place. Samurai Goroh was someone who I thought was a good bet, but has been placed as an AT.

All and all I am as excited as I can be for Dec. 3rd, and with it going online (hopefully) I look forward to challenging you all to a Brawl...

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
LinksLeftHand, I really like what you were saying about the costume changes. It would be totally amazing if certain movesets were altered slightly based on the costume change of the character. I know you said Yoshi and Kirby shouldn't be changed, but what if Yoshi's moveset slightly changed with the color?

The Red Yoshi for fireballs

Blue Yoshi for an optional float like Peach's in SSBM

And so on...

JPW

Smash Ace
Good arguments and points, though some did feel like repetitive banter.

Why does everyone want Sheik. In my view Sheik has been replaced by Zamus and Snake. Especially Snake. If you look at some of his moves they're almost identical to Sheik. Not to mention Snake moves quicker and has a few stronger moves. The only real difference is Snake uses guns and grenades.

Zamus(Zero Suit Samus) is quick and fast and uses a whip.

With Zelda it's been said Sakurai is using her TP form. And Zelda doesn't turn into Sheik in TP.
Then again Link turns into a wolf but so far we haven't seen anything like that. So all theoriesw and thoughts could be out of the window.

But I don't see Sheik returning. No matter how cool he/she vwas.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Zamus and Snake are going to be completely different than Sheik.
Sheik is quick, fluid, and combos very well and has amazing, though few, finishing aerials.

I don't know for sure what Snake or Zamus will play like, but from clips and images and playing their games, I can imagine that:

Snake may be slower and more powerful all around with a possibility to combo fairly well and have a wide array of finishers.
Zamus may be floatier with average speed and average strength, but will combo very well.

None of those characters will play anything alike. Though Snake and Sheik are both in a "stealth/ninja" category, and Zamus and Sheik are in "female figure" and "transformation" categories, they will be nothing alike.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Zamus and Snake are going to be completely different than Sheik.
Sheik is quick, fluid, and combos very well and has amazing, though few, finishing aerials.

I don't know for sure what Snake or Zamus will play like, but from clips and images and playing their games, I can imagine that:

Snake may be slower and more powerful all around with a possibility to combo fairly well and have a wide array of finishers.
Zamus may be floatier with average speed and average strength, but will combo very well.

None of those characters will play anything alike. Though Snake and Sheik are both in a "stealth/ninja" category, and Zamus and Sheik are in "female figure" and "transformation" categories, they will be nothing alike.
I agree with what you say about Zamus and Snake but I think this puts Sheiks return at risk...
There are still to many similarities
Maybe not enough though
50/50 if you ask me

hotstuff

Smash Cadet
its not Zamus.. its Samus
noob
jk jk
they are all ninjas to me
snake is ganondorf
SHIEK IS A CHICK!?!
jk
i complete agree with banjo up there
zamus is shiek.. except not zelda.. and samus

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
Ok i really am starting to think this topic is worthless! Let me ask WHY we have to get rid of characters! they can all stay just fix up the moves for clones AND THERE YOU FREAKING GO!!
All characters can stay it is not like we have to get rid of them just because you crying little babys dont like them!!! Its simple luigify all clones and keep them and there you go your character select and level select are up to 45!!! Im sure the wii can handel a few more characters!!! its not garbage its 2x better there fore it can handle 2x the characters!!!
All im trying to say is Sakuria knows alot of people like certan characters so he will probally keep them all!! Just add different poses for attacks here and there maybe mario can have 7 costumes all 6 and dr.mario!! So the point is dont get crazy and say you dont want to keep them because you dont like them!!! Its easy JUST DONT PLAY AS THEM!!!!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
Jason the only reason this thread was created was because sakurai specifically said that not all characters are returning

so ha on your argument

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
Yeah i know but why does he have to get rid of them thats want i want to know???

BUT you never know he might say that and suprise us so dont just say there are any out we have to wait!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If you played Metroid Zero Mission, you'd realize Zamus is also in Stealth XP.

What I would really like to see is the costume changes really be beefed up. Being able to choose Mario, and then change his costume to Dr. Mario or even choosing Pikachu and changing to Pichu. Their moves could even slightly change, (like Dr. Mario shooting out pills instead of fire balls) I really don't think it would be that hard for them to do. Unique costume changes for the other characters would be cool too, (changing Wario to his classic garb or Link to his Zora suit from TP) there really is a lot more potential than just random color changes (although some like Yoshi and Kirby make sense).
I kind of agree with most of it; however, I disagree with Pichu being Pikachu's costume because Pichu is not Pikachu even though they are in the same evolutionary chain. Seriously, it would be awkward hearing the announcer call Pichu Pikachu and having Pichu say Pikachu instead. There's also the fact that Pichu is shorter and has a bigger head. If there's a costume change, I expect the dimensions of the bodies to be the same with the exception of different clothing and accessories for certain characters.

Link'sLeftHand

Smash Rookie
I kind of agree with most of it; however, I disagree with Pichu being Pikachu's costume because Pichu is not Pikachu even though they are in the same evolutionary chain. Seriously, it would be awkward hearing the announcer call Pichu Pikachu and having Pichu say Pikachu instead. There's also the fact that Pichu is shorter and has a bigger head. If there's a costume change, I expect the dimensions of the bodies to be the same with the exception of different clothing and accessories for certain characters.

I guess what I meant was it would be nice to be able to choose Pikachu, and then change it to Pichu, the name and the dimensions change, but the moves more or less stay the same. It would just clean up the character select screen and almost justify the fact that Pichu is a clone, but you don't have to take up a character slot. It's almost like putting him in a sub category. You could even throw in Raichu as another variation.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
For the last time, Zelda's DESIGN is based off of TP, not her moveset. Zelda is casting Din's Fire in the tralier. That's from OoT.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
If you played Metroid Zero Mission, you'd realize Zamus is also in Stealth XP.

Actually, it'd be fine! One of Peach's alternate costumes is Daisy. Yet the announcer still calls her Peach.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'd say, considering the aformentioned capacity of the Wii, "all" of the 25 melee characters may actually return.

However they may just as easily not.

The original 12 are 99.9% guaranteed to be in.
Bowser, Peach, Zelda and Ganondorf, based on their popularity, are also an extremely high guarantee
Dr. Mario: Well, if they're planning on leaving characters out, his case is a bit of a 50/50 case. My reasoning for this: it's likely that there'll be clone characters in SSBB as well. Considering Mario is the most popular Nintendo character of all time, it's near guaranteed he'll have a clone character. Dr. Mario makes a perfect clone, then again, he might be replaced with another of Mario's countless versions. (Racoon Mario, Wing Cap Mario, Paper Mario, Baby Mario, etc.)
Falco: 50/50... He's popular yes, but not as popular as some of the aforementioned.
Ice Climbers: Well, not as popular as some may think you know... Pit is more popular and he wasn't included in Melee. If one of the starters is going to be thrown out, they're the most likely.
Pichu & Young Link: In my opinion, the most likely clones to be thrown out, especially Young Link. Twilight Princess if I'm correct doesn't have a Young Link and Link in SSBB is based on Twilight Princess. And Pichu, well, out of the clone characters, Ganondorf, Falco and Dr. Mario simply are more popular...
Marth & Roy: Well, after seeing the Fire Emblem stage I'm pretty confident that least Marth will return. Roy was merely his clone yes, but in SSBB amazingly popular because of his, well, cheapness. Marth more likely to stay than Roy but my guess is they'll both stay (and probably be joined by a char from FE9)
Mewtwo: Probably the most popular "evil" pokemon ever. 75% chance at least that he'll return.
Mr. G&W: Heh, I find it odd that so many people think it's likely for him to be left out... He's the oldes Nintendo character ever, has one of the most original movesets ever and because of his major nostalgic value makes, just as in SSBM, the perfect "final unlockable."
90% likely he'll stay, though, you never know.

That's my thoughts on it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Bowser and Zelda are already confirmed
Yea... I'd say there chances are pretty high. :psycho: Silly Banana_Dragon.

~Dyce's Predictions~
Doctor Mario and Roy have terrible chances; Roy may be replaced by Ike. (Ike's making the cut)
Pichu and Young Link have mediocre chances; Pichu may be replaced by Lucario. (Lucario's making the cut)
Falco and Ganondorf have great chances; both will be Luigified.
Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Marth, and Jigglypuff shouldn't be worried about.
Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Sheik all have questionable chances. (which is sad since they're all original)
Ness may be replaced by Lucas.(hopefully we'll get both; and if we get Lucas, chances are good for Claus)

Top Bottom