• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If you ever have the misfortune of playing a top ike, it's terrifying

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm interested in hearing the Yoshi/Olimar MU since it never happened in the discussions, lol.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
There is so little data/experience in the MU between players of the characters that the MU discussion would rely more on general theorycrafting. So it'd probably be uninteresting.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
And I love this thread. We could talk about topics that don't produce as much drama like anything peach related, or maybe snake DDD mu, or just go back to discussing Kirby's back air?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
And I love this thread. We could talk about topics that don't produce as much drama like anything peach related, or maybe snake DDD mu, or just go back to discussing Kirby's back air?
How about we discuss about 20 pages again, if Peach or Sonic does better vs Snake?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'm interested in hearing the Yoshi/Olimar MU since it never happened in the discussions, lol.
Like Delta said, it never really happens so its hard to tell. Theory craft generally puts it somewhere between even to +1 in Olimar's favor. I dont really have much of an opinion on it since I never play the MU against good Olimar's and the only time I ever did was at Genesis 2 forever ago and got 2 stocked since I had never played the MU before lol.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Peach sucks
Snake vs DDD is even
Kirby's back air is a pretty good move.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
When was the last time we talked about Snake vs. Marth? That MU has a lot of history and evidence pointing towards different ratios, could be fun

imo it's even, ally thinks it's marth's favour, yeah?

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Someone said snake vs ddd is even lets not touch that subject anymore!!!!

Snake vs marth.... ugh
I think marth has slight advantage, but I play the MU like an idiot so idk :denzel:
Just cause I care about you so much I'm going to say that snake DDD is even as well. But I feel a lot more of DDD 's mu's are even than most do I think. Snake is eternally overrated though so I am going to say marth beats snake. I'm not sure I see it though. I know marth spikes snake pretty easy but marth gets his normal spacing options shut down by snake's grenades and tilts.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Grenades aren't that scary for Marth. Pulling out Nades is not completely lagless, he's pretty vulnerable to grabs when holding a Nade at the range of Snake's non-projectiles. and the only option he can do to reliably beat grab attempts (MK's much better but Marth's dash grab is still pretty decent IMO and it's fast, which Marth's fast running speed it's less of a problem that is lacks range) is by spot dodging, which also pretty easy to punish if Marth decides not to commit with grab. Also, sometimes Marth's aerials clash with Snake's Grenades without making them blow up (IDK too well why sometimes it clashes and why sometimes it doesn't though, Nades must have a pretty weird hurtbox). Tilts don't completely shut down Marth's spacing options. They work to mess up Marth but only when he guesses right. Marth can just move just outside the range of his tilts and punish almost any commitment with tilts Snake does. All Snake can do is guess what Marth will do (it's hard to shut down Marth's spacing without a broken option like MK's GSL). I'm not sure if Snake's Utilt does outrange Fair horizontally though (at least when it comes to the higher parts of Snake). IMO it's a pretty big problem for Snake in the MU that almost all of his non-projectiles are so punishable on block so he has to rely on risky grab attempts (and his dash grab is pretty bad for a high tier) to beat Marth's shield when at close or mid range (although getting the grab leads to Dthrows which can put a ton of damage if he succesfully guesses right. Just watch Ally vs Mikeneko there. Marth however can easily get away with several options when he hits Snake's shield.

When it comes to gimping, Snake is easiest to gimp at lower %s, when aerials like Fair combo really well on Snake which eventually leads to Dair. Marth can also easily set them up from grabs at low %s too. At higher %s it's much harder to set up gimps. At those %s the damage will come mostly from juggles which eventually can set up a kill move.

It's still a pretty even matchup though. Marth wins slightly but Snake still has good options (mostly his reward for succesfully punishing comes to mind) although that usually requires risky reads, but it's still doable enough to get a few times every match.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Do you think Mario can beat MK AT ALL ? Like lets say, the skills of M2K, Ally and Anti in one person combined (Or take more people, doesnt matter), and he plays Mario. Could he beat Otori?

What do you think?

Or in short: Does mario (In Theory) have any chance vs the best MKs? (One that plays the MU correct).

Or will he lose, no matter how good he is?

I really wonder what you guys think.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Marth vs Snake is exactly even, as is Snake vs DDD
Mario cannot beat MK or DDD.

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Do you think Mario can beat MK AT ALL ? Like lets say, the skills of M2K, Ally and Anti in one person combined (Or take more people, doesnt matter), and he plays Mario. Could he beat Otori?

What do you think?

Or in short: Does mario (In Theory) have any chance vs the best MKs? (One that plays the MU correct).

Or will he lose, no matter how good he is?

I really wonder what you guys think.
:mario2: cannot win. I think :ganondorf: has a better chance honestly. At least then he has ganoncide (Scarier then cape).

:018:

Rizen

Smash Legend
*Checks chart* Mario is -3 with MK and Ganon's -4.
IDK about Mario but for Ganon the MU is just hell. MK's Ftilt>everything on the ground. Ganon has better reach with some air moves like Uair but that barely helps.
At least Mario has fireballs to space with. I assume it's a hell MU for him too.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Nado beats almost anything Ganon does unfortunately and he can only stop Nado with laggier moves like Dair or Ftilt. Plus Ganon should never come back once he's offstage, and even if he makes it back he is terrible at getting off the ledge, especially when he has RCO lag and especially against someone like MK. It's a -4 for Ganon without a doubt. Sure Ganon is scarier than Mario, but it doesn't make him have a better MU than Mario unless lack of MU knowledge counts in the rating, which I assume never does. Ganoncide is really situational, unless the MK doesn't know the MU he shouldn't be getting Ganoncided, he can just space his moves to beat that and gimp Ganon afterwards.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Mario and Ganon are both trash characters that will never beat one of the best MK players in the world in a serious set.

Though Ganon has more surprise value so Ganon > Mario.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Nado beats almost anything Ganon does unfortunately and he can only stop Nado with laggier moves like Dair or Ftilt. Plus Ganon should never come back once he's offstage, and even if he makes it back he is terrible at getting off the ledge, especially when he has RCO lag and especially against someone like MK. It's a -4 for Ganon without a doubt. Sure Ganon is scarier than Mario, but it doesn't make him have a better MU than Mario unless lack of MU knowledge counts in the rating, which I assume never does. Ganoncide is really situational, unless the MK doesn't know the MU he shouldn't be getting Ganoncided, he can just space his moves to beat that and gimp Ganon afterwards.
Just for accuracy gannon does have more options to beat tornado than just the ones you listed. Both warlock punch and his up tilt beat tornado for everyone's information. I actually saw a gannon hit mk out of tornado with up tilt in a doubles tournament match a long time ago in the early times of this game. Hypest thing I've seen in a match to this day even if the gannon still lost.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Warlock punch and up-tilt are not options to beat tornado when their startup is longer than its duration.
/why am I responding to a troll post

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I guess it's technically true. Technically anything that avoids nado's hit bubbles and hits MK beats it so any downward aiming aerial. It's still a -4 for Ganon :(.

(Technically it's Ganon, not Gannon)

/whatever

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just for accuracy gannon does have more options to beat tornado than just the ones you listed. Both warlock punch and his up tilt beat tornado for everyone's information. I actually saw a gannon hit mk out of tornado with up tilt in a doubles tournament match a long time ago in the early times of this game. Hypest thing I've seen in a match to this day even if the gannon still lost.
http://gannon-banned.com/#gannon

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
The moves do beat tornado. I wouldn't say they are exactly effective for doing it but I was just being thorough.

Also thank you for the catch on my spelling. Ganon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom