• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Life

Smash Hero
Actually, fighters don't take ten minutes. You might have tournament rounds be that long, but that's because they're typically best two out of three. Brawl is the only fighter that I know of for having an eight minute time limit on its individual matches.
Brawl also requires three times as many KOs to win. It kinda balances out. Kinda.

(onestockthreeminutesfoodonmedium plug)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Brawl also requires three times as many KOs to win. It kinda balances out. Kinda.

(onestockthreeminutesfoodonmedium plug)
I think you misunderstood me.

Each match is two out of three rounds just like the default. You have to win two matches out of three to win.

Each match, at most, will take you about five minutes, 100 seconds for each of the three rounds. Therefore, it'll take you at most 15 minutes, but you rarely have matches take this long. Brawl at worst case can take 24 minutes.

And depending on the fighter, the amount of K.O.s needed will differ. Something like Marvel needs a minimum of three K.O.s in one match (one whole team), but something like Street Fighter or BlazBlue will need a minimum of four with a maximum of nine. Brawl requires a minimum of nine, with a maximum of eighteen. Of course, K.O.s aren't explicitly defined in Smash so the time it takes for one match to be finished up will vary.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
So, can somebody explain this Laughing Dog hate to me?
Oh sure, he was annoying in his game, I understand that, but nobody seems to hate Wario, and he was moreso.
He was the only character in a good game, he's representative of history, and WTF? Did somebody seriously just imply that Laughing Dog can't fight?
Alright, point one: HE'S A DOG. Dogs instinctively fight to survive. You might have guessed, from the CLAWS and TEETH.
Point two: He totally fights in his game. Did you not notice that at the beginning of the game, he pounces at ducks to scare them up? POUNCING AT ITS ENEMY. Last I checked, that was fighting.
Point three: Several other characters have never been portrayed fighting before SSB. Zelda never fought before SSBM. Fox nor Falco were portrayed fighting before SSB and SSBM. Captain Falcon never fought before SSB. ROB wasn't fighting before SSBB. Heck, Mr. Game & Watch was INVENTED in SSBM!
Also, I don't think that was ever one of Sakurai's rules. He never explicitly said it, anyway.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
ROB wasn't fighting before SSBB.
ROB is a robot so at least there's some chance for creativity there.

Heck, Mr. Game & Watch was INVENTED in SSBM!
Totally wrong. True he wasn't the mascot for G&W but he did exist before SSBM.

Mr. Game & Watch (Mr.ゲーム&ウォッチ, Misutā Gēmu ando Wocchi?) is the mascot of the Game & Watch series, following his appearance in the 2001 video game Super Smash Bros. Melee,[13] although the character was first seen in the Game & Watch game Ball. Mr. Game & Watch does not speak in the games that he is featured in, instead makes beeping noises similar to those heard while playing Game & Watch games.
From the wikipedia.

Zelda has been using magic before. Captain Falcon is a bounty hunter. Melee even accepts this as one event you have to team up with him as Samus and 'get the bounty before he does', something along those lines. Starfox is in the future so there's some potential there too.

As for Laughing Dog, well I don't hate him but I don't really see any reason to include him. He is important, I know. But aside from bark, pounce, bite, laugh etc. what else would he do? The Dog seems like an awfully limited idea with sparse potential.

UberMario

Smash Master
So, can somebody explain this Laughing Dog hate to me?
Oh sure, he was annoying in his game, I understand that, but nobody seems to hate Wario, and he was moreso.
The reason most people hate him is because he taunts you everytime you lose, and this is when he's your dog.

Heck, Mr. Game & Watch was INVENTED in SSBM!
*facepalm* Mr. Game & Watch predates Donkey Kong and Mario.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
No, he doesn't.
Name one game on the Game & Watch that had Mr. Game & Watch in it. There was no such character. The closest was in Ball, but I sure didn't see a name there, did you?
Mr. Game & Watch, as a character, originated in SSBM. If you've got some evidence otherwise, by all means present it.

Several people Taunt in SSB when they KO an opponent, so I really don't understand the problem. Speaking purely as a choice for SSB4, he's really got no downside.

Right. ROB was a Robot, and Captain Falcon was a Bounty Hunter, and Fox was from Space and Zelda used Magic. Clearly, there's potential for a moveset there, right?
And Laughing Dog is a Dog. An animal notorious for BITING PEOPLE. More Dogs bite people than Wolves and Sharks combined, for chrissake!

As for that moveset potential question, well I'd imagine an A moveset of Slashes and Bites, and make the B moves:
B: NES Zapper-pulls out an NES Zapper and shoots a ball of light(Tis a light gun) from it.
Up B- Ducks-hold two ducks by the feet and they fly upwards, until he's gone far enough and they fly up, It's be similar to CIPHER, I suppose.
Down B; Pounce-pounces on the foe, pinning them down, and allowing for attacking, kind of like Diddy's side B.
Side B is Clay disc-tosses a Clay Disc from the Clay Shooting training game from Duck Hunt.
Final Smash? Duck Hunt. Laughing Dog hides in the bushes that spawn and several ducks come out and can do damage to enemies. The crosshairs appear onscreen and you control them, Grenade Launcher style, but faster, though not quite as accurate. Can also shoot the ducks, and if you shoot a duck, Laughing Dog pops up from behind the grass holding it.
And yes, this WAS gotten from the youtube video that guy posted a page back or two. I had actually seen it before that was posted though.

Someone still needs to give me a reason Laughing dog is hated.
Also, someone needs to give me a reason Tingle is hated. Like, really? There's only one Zelda character better than Tingle and that's David Jr.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
No, he doesn't.
Name one game on the Game & Watch that had Mr. Game & Watch in it. There was no such character. The closest was in Ball, but I sure didn't see a name there, did you?
Mr. Game & Watch, as a character, originated in SSBM. If you've got some evidence otherwise, by all means present it.

Looks like Mr. Game & Watch to me.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
So you're saying that because he wasn't given a name, it means Mr. Game and Watch didn't exist until 2001? Sure his 'character' was really only developed in Melee but it doesn't mean he was only created then.

Kenshinhan

Smash Cadet
New Features for SSBFray:
Up/Down/Side Directional Air Grabbing.

One Wii Console:
Tag-Team Fray: One-on-One's between two teams, alternating characters are auto-tagged in if their partner dies(Which is a normal invincibility spawn for your next partner.) Alternating back and forth upon each death until last man standing.

Tag Button: (Options: On/Off.) Tagging would be Z+Directional Pad, and would have a cool-down timer of 10 seconds, leaving your partner out there to fend for himself for 10 seconds. Tagged-in partners do not have invincibility, and run in from the side of the screen you tagged them. You may only tag while grounded so you don't save yourself from death over the edge or while air born in air combos.

Multiple Wii Consoles:
System Link/WiFi/Internet TAG-Team Fray: Since only one player of each team occupies the board at any given time, you could have Four WII's with four four player teams system linked/wifi'd/internet gathered on the server.

WII1 4 player tag-team vs WII2 4 player tag-team vs WII3 3 player tag-team vs WII4 2 player tag-team

Obviously Wii4 and Wii3 have to work extra hard to win that Free For All of teams.
You could even do it so Wii1 + wii2 can make up one team, or visa-versa. Up to 8 players on one tag-team with 3 or more consoles. (obviously with 2 consoles you have to have at least two teams)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Smashchu, sometimes rules can be bent anyway. Have you seen R.O.B. fight before he got in Brawl? All he does is lift blocks/gyros and spin his arms around to carry/drop them. Have you seen Sheik fight before he/she/it got in Melee? All Sheik did was play the harp and disappear. Have you seen Captain Falcon fight before he got in SSB64? All he did was drive his race car. Sometimes we do get exceptions to the rules.
ROB is a Robot (his name in Japan actually) so he does robot stuff like shooting lasers and has rockets. There is nothing out of place about that.

And besides, it is generally known that hunting dogs must have received training in hunting and catching prey. It would make sense for the Duck Hunt dog to take advantage of his occupation as a hunting dog in Smash where he would pounce and maul characters. Boring, I know, but throw in ducks, clay pigeons, and the hunter (the person playing Duck Hunt with the NES Zapper), and we could potentially end up with an interesting Smash fighter.
There is a difference between hunting dogs and fighting dog. A fighting dog (such as a Pit Bull) could fight. Hunting dog would normally track and catch animals. The dog in Duck Hunt is just going into the pushes to make the ducks fly (so you can shoot them) and bring them back. He wasn't fighting.

Also, when Sakurai showed off the Ice Climbers, there was a mention on the site of the other Famicon characters he considered. He mentioned Ducks from Duck Hunt. Likely, he sees the ducks as the star and not the dog.

That reminds me:

We can add more neutral B moves by changing how they work if your character is in Ground state or Aerial state. Some characters would have the same B move in both situations, but others wouldn't.

Examples of Sonic:

Charge Neutral B Ground: Fast Shoes. (Like a combo of Ike's Side B and Space Animals Side B)
Neutral B Aerial: Spin-Slash Reflector Shield
Rapid-Tap Down B Ground: Spin dash charge
Down B Air: Water-shield bounce jump
Up B Ground: Invincibility Homing Jump
Up B Aerial: Electric-Shield double jump
Side B Ground: Caliburn Slash
Side B Air: Fire-Shield rush attack
Just to let you know, almost all of Sonic's moves come from previous games.

Since when did time matter about gamespeed slider and Starcraft? Their standardization arose from match length? Not quite. If Korea made their rules before us, or played at a faster pace than us (us being the rest of the world) then we damn sure are going to learn how to play at their speed. That has nothing to do with SSB. Gamespeed Slider option is simply a simplistic and neat way of adding Lightning Melee, Super Slow Melee, and any other intervals of speed you could ask for. Still, I await good reason as to how this will negatively affect the game when MLG makes the sanction usually on default terms and goes from there.
The fastest speed was tournament standard because that was the speed used in the latter.

It's not worth it to put a "speed slider," when it only matters to a few people. Besides, the game already has a "Lighting mode."

Just to let you know, the point of Smash Brothers is not to be a super competitive tournament game (Sakurai said he made that mistake with Melee). The game is about being easy to pick up and have fun with. Talking to a lot of people, this is why they like Smash and hate other fighting games.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
ROB is a Robot (his name in Japan actually) so he does robot stuff like shooting lasers and has rockets. There is nothing out of place about that.

There is a difference between hunting dogs and fighting dog. A fighting dog (such as a Pit Bull) could fight. Hunting dog would normally track and catch animals. The dog in Duck Hunt is just going into the pushes to make the ducks fly (so you can shoot them) and bring them back. He wasn't fighting.

Also, when Sakurai showed off the Ice Climbers, there was a mention on the site of the other Famicon characters he considered. He mentioned Ducks from Duck Hunt. Likely, he sees the ducks as the star and not the dog.
Wait a minute.... this is what I don't get about you.

You are saying R.O.B. worked because he is a robot and therefore he could do stuff that we associate robots with such as shooting lasers and rockets. But you are saying the Duck Hunt dog would not work because he is a hunting dog, not a fighting dog.

So, you are telling me that the Duck Hunt dog would not work because he was designed to be a hunting dog, not a fighting dog... and yet you are telling me that R.O.B. worked because he is a robot, even though he was not designed to be a fighting robot? Where is the logic in that?

Why cannot the Duck Hunt dog do stuff that we associate dogs with such as fighting and hunting? I could even change some words you said about R.O.B. in that first paragraph and you will see that my argument is the same as yours.

"Duck Hunt Dog is a Dog (his name in Japan actually) so he does dog stuff like hunting ducks and has claws. There is nothing out of place about that."

Also, there were no mention of anything relating to Duck Hunt in the Melee Dojo when he showed off the Ice Climbers. He only mentioned Bubbles, Urban Champion, Balloon Fighter, and Excitebiker and explained why these NES characters wouldn't work in Smash and that's why he picked the Ice Climbers over them. Not because they were more popular than them but because they had moveset potential.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Wait a minute.... this is what I don't get about you.

You are saying R.O.B. worked because he is a robot and therefore he could do stuff that we associate robots with such as shooting lasers and rockets. But you are saying the Duck Hunt dog would not work because he is a hunting dog, not a fighting dog.

So, you are telling me that the Duck Hunt dog would not work because he was designed to be a hunting dog, not a fighting dog... and yet you are telling me that R.O.B. worked because he is a robot, even though he was not designed to be a fighting robot? Where is the logic in that?

Why cannot the Duck Hunt dog do stuff that we associate dogs with such as fighting and hunting? I could even change some words you said about R.O.B. in that first paragraph and you will see that my argument is the same as yours.

"Duck Hunt Dog is a Dog (his name in Japan actually) so he does dog stuff like hunting ducks and has claws. There is nothing out of place about that."
There are plenty of reasons why the Dog shouldn't be in the game, and we have gone over them several times.

Robots shot lasers. Robots have rockets. So, it makes sense that a robot in Smash would do that. In Japan, he is called the "Famicon Robot," or just Robot. So, it's no surprise that he can do those things.

Now look at your dog. Do you think your dog would start fighting Mario? No. It's just a dog. Yes, dogs can fight, but it doesn't mean people associate them with it. A hunting dog is suppose to help with hunting, but the hunter kills the animal. Most hunting dogs are not agressive.

This is a hunting dog

Think that could take on Donkey Kong?

Also, most of those paragraphs are repeats. You could have cropped out half of it and said the same thing.

Also, there were no mention of anything relating to Duck Hunt in the Melee Dojo when he showed off thse Ice Climbers. He only mentioned Bubbles, Urban Champion, Balloon Fighter, and Excitebiker and explained why these NES characters wouldn't work in Smash and that's why he picked the Ice Climber over them. Not because they were more popular than them but because they had moveset potential.
Your right. It wasn't.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well, isn't duck hunt dog pseudo-anthropomorphic? he can stand on his legs and put his hand over his mouth... and laugh.

but beyond the point, duck hunt dog has no identifiable name, ROB does... well, in English anyways.
also, i ABHOR the idea of DHD.

okay now, how about a little scavenger hunt huh? that sounds like fun!

try to find a character that Sakurai will surprise us with (besides DHD):

ssb64 was Jigglypuff (roll with me)

ssbm was Mr. Game and Watch

ssbb was R.O.B.

ssb4 is ???

i want a list of possible choices, Go! Go! GO!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is stupid, Smashchu. So what if a hunting dog can or cannot take on Mario or Donkey Kong. That is irrelevant. No one were complaining when Jigglypuff took on Donkey Kong or even the King of Evil himself, Ganondorf. And yet everyone wants Ridley to get in Smash. Do you see Jigglypuff taking on Ridley? Huh?!

Please, Smashchu. Do not use the "do you see X take on Y?" as an argument against a character. It is a weak argument. It isn't even an argument. It is just a logical fallacy called "appeal to emotion" and designed to make me think "oh, you are right, Smashchu, hunting dogs couldn't take on Mario or Donkey Kong because they are all regular dogs with no super powers."

August, just so you know... Mr. Game & Watch had no identifable name before he got in Melee. In fact, Mr. Game & Watch's name in Japan is simply "Game & Watch". Just look at his name on the Japanese Melee/Brawl rosters. They could easily call the dog "Dog" in North America and "Duck Hunt" in Japan for all I care.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You know, I'm fine if the Duck Hunt Dog isn't playable or is, but I do think he'd make for a great assist trophy. Like someone gets shot and the dog holds him/her just like in Duck Hunt letting you getting in a fully charged Smash.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Sounds like a pretty good AT. Then again, anything that isn't "hops around and attacks people" is good in my book, but I really like the grab idea.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What's nice about it is that it's very faithful to the source material and it might make people not hate the dog so much if you're not on the receiving end.

We might as well come up with some Assist Trophy ideas.

Kumatora - PK Ground with a seismic wave traveling towards one direction. Anyone hit is launched into the air.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fawful: He shows up, and throws those weird mind controlly things on everyones head (accept the user) and it screws with your controlls. Like reverses them.

Kenshinhan

Smash Cadet
Just to let you know, almost all of Sonic's moves come from previous games.
I know this. The point is to give him use of his power-up moves he's had dating back to the Genesis saga of Sonic The Hedgehog. Seeing as Mario has powers that date back to the first Super Mario game. (Fireball) And then there's the cape.

The fastest speed was tournament standard because that was the speed used in the latter.
That's precisely the point I was making. Game speed slider in tournies as a point to not have it is irrelevant.

It's not worth it to put a "speed slider," when it only matters to a few people. Besides, the game already has a "Lighting mode."
Lightning Melee could simply just be the end of the slider. Being able to change game speeds akin to practice mode seems like such an effortless addition, it really shouldn't be argued and cut down in the brainstorming section of a game that isn't even under development. Let Sakurai decide if he doesn't want that, not people who think they know what Sakurai would do.

Just to let you know, the point of Smash Brothers is not to be a super competitive tournament game (Sakurai said he made that mistake with Melee). The game is about being easy to pick up and have fun with. Talking to a lot of people, this is why they like Smash and hate other fighting games.
I just cannot see how catering to the competitive crowd with extra options that are simple to implement, detracts from the randomness and fun of the game. Catering to both crowds improves copies sold. The more balanced and competitive a game can be, the more money you can make off of it because it becomes respected by a larger crowd of gamers. If Sakurai is willing to close the door on extra revenue just to make sure this game doesn't get competitive, then what the heck is MLG going to do? Brawl already has lost player-base in comparison to Melee.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'm really confused now.
First of all, HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET? Dogs can't be in because they're not associated with fighting? REALLY? Are you honestly saying that nobody associates dogs with 'Bitey bitey Mauly Mauly'?
And saying he doesn't fight, he just leaps into the bushes and scares out the ducks? That's bull. The same argument can be said about Captain Falcon(He doesn't fight, he just races on a racetrack). What's that? Captain Falcon was a Bounty Hunter offscreen? Well, Laughing Dog is a DOG offscreen. You know, descended from wolves, and hey, he's a hunting dog, he's obviously trained to, oh, what was it...HUNT!
Yes, I can totally see Laughing Dog fighting Mario. Before SSB, could anyone say they could see Jigglypuff fighting Mario, or Popo fighting Bowser? Nope. Those scenarios seemed ridiculous, but part of SSB is being ridiculous. Why do you think Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch and Wario got in with the moves they have? BECAUSE IT'S SILLY.

And yeah, Laughing Dog is an anthropomorphic dog, meaning he'd walk on two legs, unless he was crawling.

Also, LD represents a genre of games as of yet ignored by SSB. We've got RPG, RTS, Platformer, Racing, Stealth, Minigame collection, Action Adventure, Exploration-based platformer, Space Shooter, and Puzzle game characters in SSB, but no FPS characters. The closest we've got is Samus, but that's not the main genre. That's why we need Laughing Dog.

Also, Yea, Laughing Dog has a name, at least as much as Balloon Fighter does, and nobody really seems to complain about his lack of name.

And for that suprise character question, how about Nester?

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
This is a hunting dog
(lol giant image of some random dog no one cares about)
Think that could take on Donkey Kong?
...*facepalm*

That, is a real life hunting dog. The Duck Hunt Dog (or whatever you wish to call him), is, no matter what you say, a video game character. Video game characters aren't made to follow realistic rules. That's like saying Mario can't beat Bowser because Mario is a human plumber and Bowser is a gigantic turtle/dinosaur thingy.

There isn't any need to fight over this, anyway. Nobody cares if you dislike the Dog, but they DO care if you decide to bash their opinions. How about I go off bashing everyone because I dislike Geno or Zoroark? Yes, this is the internet, buuuuuuut it's still nice to be sane. /rant

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the Dog in Smash, be it playable, Assist Trophy, or even just some sort of cameo.

Fawfulcopter said:
And for that suprise character question, how about Nester?
....meh, I'd rather see him than Captain N. xD

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, you are in fact allowed to make fun of Arcadenik and his dumb opinions in any instance.

please don't quote page-stretching pictures jkasdfjs
fix'd

Yes, maybe you're right when it comes to making fun of Arcadenik. Bashing is bad. Making fun is alright :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There isn't any need to fight over this, anyway. Nobody cares if you dislike the Dog, but they DO care if you decide to bash their opinions.
Agreed. There is a difference between debating and just argueing.

The 3DS is looking pretty nice game wise. Hopefully they will impact SSB4 in some way.

Nintendo Games Announced (So Far):

-Animal Crossing (Working Title)
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Mario Kart 3DS
-New Super Mario Bros (Working Title)
-Nintendogs + CATTTTSSS!!!!!
-Paper Mario (Working Title)
-Pilot Wings Resort
-Pokemon (Working Title)
-StarFox 3DS
-Steel Diver

I'm Excited (About Cats). Hopefully we see Paper Mario finally get something more than a trophy!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To be fair, you are in fact allowed to make fun of Arcadenik and his dumb opinions in any instance.

please don't quote page-stretching pictures jkasdfjs
That is still bashing my opinions. I haven't flamed or insulted you and you do it to me at a regular basis. I'm starting to think you have a personal grudge against me, what with your constant flaming toward me. :(

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Just dropping in my two cents like I usually do in this thread:

The following series will most likely have representation in the next Smash game in the form of a character. I have recommended a character beside each series in brackets:
-Animal Crossing (KK Slider)
-Punch Out (Little Mac)
-Golden Sun (Matthew)
-Custom Robo (Ray MK II)
-Sin and Punishment (Saki)
-Megaman (Zero :p)

Additional Notes: I wouldn't be surprised if the Animal Crossing series receieved two reps (i.e KK Rider and Tom Nook.)

The following are characters that will likely join, and belong to an existing series:
-Samurai Goroh
-Ridley
-Krystal
-Bowser Jr.
-Tails/Dr. Eggman
-Tingle
-A New Pokemon
-A New Fire Emblem Lord

The following characters will not reappear:
-Lucas
-Wolf
-Lucario

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I find it curious that you have the newest Golden Sun protagonist, Matthew, and the oldest Sin & Punishment protagonist, Saki. The same goes for Ray MK II.

To me, I always thought it would have made more sense to have Saki, Isaac, and Ray Mk II in Brawl and Isa, Matthew, and Ray Mk III in Smash 4.

Anyway, with the exception of Zero instead of Mega Man and KK Slider, the rest are pretty solid choices. :-)

majora_787

Smash Hero
The following characters will not reappear:
-Lucas
-Wolf
-Lucario
Lucas was intended to replace Ness. I doubt he'll be cycled out.

And Wolf has NO reason to be removed. That would be like removing Ike. Even though I guess technically, if they made a NEW FE game, we might get a replacement...

Lucario, though, very well could be cycled out for Zoroark. Or something. That, or Meloetta, but I think that'd be really... I dunno. Weird?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meloetta? Is that the green-haired girl-like legendary Pokemon? Maybe if she gets a movie at the time SSB4 development begins?

What about Genesect? It seems like an interesting robotic bug legendary Pokemon. It has a cannon over its shoulder. I think it would be a heavyweight since it is part steel type.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
@majora: Removing Wolf is not like removing Ike. Wolf is the second semi-clone of an over-represented series that hasn't had any games in Aaages. If Ike were a clone of Marth and/or Fire Emblem had too much representation, it might be though.

For Earthbound, I think unless a new game happens, one will have to go. Too much representation for a small/dead series IMO.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
I actually agree with keeping Wolf.
I think he's the main(Well, only plausible) villain of a very popular series, with a new game coming out(A remake of the one he was introduced in), and removing him would be silly. He's also not a clone, his B moves are just a little similar.
Falco, however, we could do away with. Just sayin'.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
That's why I said semi-clone. I didn't really know about the new Starfox game but I still think Wolf should be removed unless he gets new B moves and then keep Falco because we have enough antagonists (D3, Bowser, Ganondorf, arguably Wario).

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I actually agree with keeping Wolf.
I think he's the main(Well, only plausible) villain of a very popular series, with a new game coming out(A remake of the one he was introduced in), and removing him would be silly. He's also not a clone, his B moves are just a little similar.
Falco, however, we could do away with. Just sayin'.
So get rid of him because he's not "as important as Wolf" is what you are saying? Or are you just saying that out of your own opinion.....

For Earthbound, I think unless a new game happens, one will have to go. Too much representation for a small/dead series IMO.
Yeah, obviously 2 characters is too much! /sarcasm

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
There are people who never figure out that other people pick on them just to see them getting worked up.
it's so easy

@Shorts: The 3DS trailer from E3 (the Reggie one) also suggested new DK and Kirby games, plus Iwata said that they've got a bunch of titles already finished that haven't even been announced yet. Excitement, she wrote!

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I doubt Earthbound will lose any characters. Ness is in the original 12 and Sakurai seems to really like Lucas.

And although I rarely get involved in these matters, I don't understand the hate Arcadenik gets. I for one would be happy to see the Duck Hunt Dog get inclusion, seeing as he is a quite iconic videogame character.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Wolf is NOT the only plausible villain. Leon is perfectly viable and could actually be made into a unique character due to his innate abilities as a chameleon. The fact that he is reappearing in the remake aswell makes this possible and TBH I'd like to see it happen. Once we get one non-clone Starfox character, the rest will likely receive a little more attention to make them more unique aswell. There is no need to ditch anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom