• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
What's Snake's best option when you are on the ledge? o-o
He has enough options to get back on stage generally...to list some...

Theres the forward momentum b-reversal. Where you jump backwards and grenade with forward momentum. Idk how to explain it. Shu does it.

Theres ledge fall jump AD buffered jab.

Theres Ledge hop cypher which fatal does as an option. It's worked for me and a few other snake friends.

Then there's your other normal get up options.

Which one is best depends on too many variables.

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
... Can someone tell me how to DACUS with Nun chuck and controller? I can't do it, so for now I am just substituting that with BDACUS.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Well like sometimes I pick them up then I try to jump and throw them back with A but I realize the grande fell for no reason and I do the throwing animation but I don't throw anything then the grenade explodes
FAE that is called Grenade Stripping. When a Snake shield drops a second Grenade while you are holding the first one, it will drop...whether it being held or in the air. Its a trick we use against people who like to throw our uncooked grenades back at us.

EDIT: LOL False hating on D3. :bee:

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I just.. can't deal with d3. >_>

You have no right to call yourself tech chase as D3!! What's so technical about dthrow running forward and more dthrow?!

I'm getting better at the MU slowly though.

ZTD | TECHnology

^ What's so technical about Snake's Down Throw Tech Chase...lol

Oh but I started using Snake in tournament again anyway so...hands off my name. ;)

:snake:

Is this the part where I say what is so technical about brawl? Besides, snake has to work harder at avoiding getting grabbed in the first place by trying to mind read those DDDs.

I thought D3 could tech chase the people he didn't have a cg on. o-o
I guess it depends upon reward/risk sort of thing.

-His dthrow does about 6% after about 1-2 Dthrows.
-His Fthrow does 12% fresh or 10% partially used.
-His Bthrow does 16% damage 14% partially used.

DDD has to get the tech chase read right twice in order to break even with a single one of his F/Bthrows. Also, DDD cannot cover multiple options very well and has to stay rather committed to a single in order to punish without incident. If he messes up, his opponent has all ground options available to him.

His fthrow/bthrow on the other hand deals a good chunk and puts them into the air where DDD can follow relatively safely to add on further damage.

Two different methods that can be mixed and matched fairly well too. But, I honestly would take the bthrow route. Pummel damage and bthrow can easily be 16%-18% every throw on a non-CG character and it always seemed easier to cover characters options in the air than during a tech chase.

I have a similar issue with Wario. Do I abuse the tech chase option or the air release (taken it's not KO percents for wario).

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
I guess it depends upon reward/risk sort of thing.

-His dthrow does about 6% after about 1-2 Dthrows.
-His Fthrow does 12% fresh or 10% partially used.
-His Bthrow does 16% damage 14% partially used.

DDD has to get the tech chase read right twice in order to break even with a single one of his F/Bthrows. Also, DDD cannot cover multiple options very well and has to stay rather committed to a single in order to punish without incident. If he messes up, his opponent has all ground options available to him.

His fthrow/bthrow on the other hand deals a good chunk and puts them into the air where DDD can follow relatively safely to add on further damage.

Two different methods that can be mixed and matched fairly well too. But, I honestly would take the bthrow route. Pummel damage and bthrow can easily be 16%-18% every throw on a non-CG character and it always seemed easier to cover characters options in the air than during a tech chase.

I have a similar issue with Wario. Do I abuse the tech chase option or the air release (taken it's not KO percents for wario).
Aye, always chaingrab to the edge and then grab release upsmash for % and for the kill Utilt instead

ZTD | TECHnology

I thought D3 could tech chase the people he didn't have a cg on. o-o
Yes thats true. And then there's the Buuman Trap...;)

Doesn't he have the 'buuman trap' on those characters? Free dsmash is still pretty broken...
Yep and on top of that we have Up Smash out of Down Throw on CGable characters.

And we have something else that only like 4 DDDs even know about..I'm perfecting it now. ;)

And yes, it works on Snake like everything else DDD has ..lol

ZTD | TECHnology

I'll release that information in due time my child. It needs to be perfected first. It isn't MU breaking however it just makes being grabbed even worse...lol The DDDs are also awaiting my newest project.

I need to revive these boards like I did before.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Can I have some help with Sonic?

Stupid thing is everywhere at once.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah I know what you mean I was told ftilt was great in the mu, but it was just awkward for me, but I was playing on YI with him so that could've been a problem as well lol.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I shouldn't have chosen FD...

All I could do was Ftilt when he messed up, and shield drop nades when he ran into me -_-'

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
use c4 to cover one side of the stage. you camp on the other.

holding jab beats all his approaches.

bair is his only good kill move. watch out for his up chasing you if you recover high.

ftilt is a little more risky, instead aim for jab --> ftilt. if you mess it up, you have considerably less lag.

sonic is bad, and relies completely on baits. don't fall for the bait.

simple.

ZTD | TECHnology

^ This is pretty much true.

All you need to really do is limit his movements with careful placement of C4 and Landmines. Then patch in any holes with Grenades. Don't fight him on FD...it's like his best stage. All Sonic does is just run around, test your reactions with variations of Spin Charges and stuff and then punish you for some small amount and run away and continue to do so. It's just a big mental game. Just remember that he can't kill you for a long time because Bair and to an extent F-Smash are his only legit kill moves and honestly F-Smash is only for when you screw up and do something really laggy like aerial into the ground.

F-Tilt is not that great in this MU against good Sonics. Its only good when you manage to read a Sonic that is attempting to Dash Attack or Dash Grab you. Other than that he can easily bait you and then punish it. Its also extremely important that when you use F-Tilt you don't commit to F-Tilt 2 when 1 does not connect. And its going to be very tempting to spam U-Tilt because it shuts down a lot of his approach options but try to save it. Sonic thrives off of time and building damage as well as frustration.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I don't think nades are that useful, sonic is just too fast.

I also think utilt isn't very good in this mu, cause it's too easy to bait and punish. Only use it for definite punishes. Lots of jab and pivot grab.

Oh, and dash attack is amazing here, since it covers a large distance with a long hitbox.

:phone:

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
How do you do a grounded B-reversal? I'm not exactly sure what it actually is, but False does it a lot, like here in the first 5 seconds

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
grounded b-reversals are really helpful. most snakes I see shield to stop their dash, turn around and take out the grenade. valuable frames are being wasted that can decide on the next hit or even next stock. >_>

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I started using them cuz of you. Though i prolly would of eventually anyways simply cuz of my background w/pit lol. It is pretty useful.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
If he's doing a rising Nair, down
If he's doing a falling Nair, up

Towards or away depends on where you're caught, but usually towards is a better choice.

If you get hit by the last kick, toward a corner. Do straight up on the control stick if you're near the ground, diagonal if you're mid, and horizontal if you're waay up high

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
DownB > Rotate control stick opposite direction of where you're facing. Quickly

Top Bottom