• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
when you hit the wall with momentum and using an attack, you hit the wall and bounce off it. im assuming he's using and attack, then teching the bounce from the wall.

that's how it appears, anyway.

Attila_

BRoomer
ness gets owned by snake.

really, really hard.

all ness really has is an approach with fair and potential combos with pkfire. you outcamp him and solidly beat him cqc. grab release to utilt is not guaranteed, but grab release to ftilt is. we're ness' worst mu for a reason.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
In general, I personally don't have much trouble since I give snakes no room and I try to keep them in the air. My main problem is simply his grabs, and his tilts. Thanks for the feedback though!

Attila_

BRoomer
soz, i thought you wanted to know from snake's perspective.

anyway, what is snake doing in the air in the first place?

PEACE7

Smash Champion
When Marth does an upb and misses he has about 32 frames of landing lag i believe what are the best punishes to do?

V

Smash Ace
fsmash, dthrow, ftilt, uair, b/fthrow to put us off stage and ledge trap, and in killing percent utilt

etecoon

Smash Hero
jump stick fast fall air dodge buffer grab up throw explosion

this probably doesn't work but it sounds fun : (

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
So I just got GR chaingrabbed by a DK on the RC boat.

Is that possible? I tried mashing nades, but I just kept getting grabbed

Attila_

BRoomer
pretty sure bowser and dk should be able to do it. they have frame advantage on grab releases iirc.

the boat is supposed to be banned anyway lolol

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was when DK was GR, guess that doesn't really make sense though

Why would the boat be banned?

Attila_

BRoomer
water-stalling is f*cking ********. its like a character being allowed to go offstage for minutes at a time.

not to mention the bombs do 50% and the boat itself spikes people...

i put it right next to port town on the levels of retardness.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Oops, I meant the boat phase of Rainbow Cruise. The right side wall

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Could someone give me the run-down of the Snake vs Bowser MU? I'm going to have to face a Bowser at a tournament tomorrow that can freaking kick my *** more consistently than I care to mention... :/

Koopa Klaw too good.

V

Smash Ace
Pivot grab > dthrow tech chase if he dashes into shield. Always have a grenade covering your position on the ground. When you get him offstage, shield drop grenade, pick up and edgehog so his upB blows it up while you're invincible. Don't get grabbed. If he upB's onto the stage fsmash him. Jab > grab > dthrow.

:phone:

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
How do you punish GaW's dair?

I've tried pivot grabbing, and if i shield he just goes right into dsmash or dtilt.

Reyney

Smash Apprentice
usually you can punish the shielded dair
u just need the right timing with your shielddrop
then u can jab oos or ftilt oos as far as i can remember
dunno about shieldgrab

Attila_

BRoomer
How do you punish GaW's dair?

I've tried pivot grabbing, and if i shield he just goes right into dsmash or dtilt.
Grab works depending on spacing.

Ftilt works depending on how long it takes you to drop your shield.

Utilt beats it wholes he's above you if your timing is perfect.

Uair trades if he's above you with perfect timing.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Why can I Nair/Shine out during Snake's Nair?

Is there any framedata+logical reasoning behind it? I mean I know if you guys were to tell me why I would start abusing it against a lot of Snakes, but I'd like to know anyways :awesome:

Thanks in advance.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It does it if I time inbetween kicks. But what I'm saying is (unless you mean I actually can Fair out like this which leads me to want to test out some other things) while I'm hitstun from Nair (any hits but the last), I can Nair or shine out of it in turn makes me strike you back, basically like how you aerial Wolf while he is Up Bing and hitting you.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Why can I Nair/Shine out during Snake's Nair?

Is there any framedata+logical reasoning behind it? I mean I know if you guys were to tell me why I would start abusing it against a lot of Snakes, but I'd like to know anyways :awesome:

Thanks in advance.
Base Damage: -
1st kick 6
2nd kick 5
3rd kick 4
Last kick 13
Base Knockback –
1st kick 0
2nd kick 0
3rd kick 0
Last kick 2D
Knockback gain –
1st kick 64
2nd kick 64
3rd kick 64
Last kick 5F
Weight Knockback –
1st kick 5/28
2nd kick 5/28
3rd kick A/46
Last kick 0
Hitbox comes out at frame –
1st kick 10
2nd kick 22
3rd kick 34
Last kick 44
First IASA Frame – N/A
Direction –
1st kick 120/60/100/75
2nd kick 120/60/100/75
3rd kick 260/280/100/75
Last kick 361
Total frames - 68
Miscellaneous -
Hitbox duration – All except the last kick 4, the last kick 3
Landing Lag - 30
Tripping rate(If any) –
Hitlag multiplier –All x1
SDI potential – All x1
Auto-Cancel window – Frame 50

All the data we have for Nair is in there

It's probably because there's 12 frames between each kick, the hitbox only lasts 4 frames and it doesn't say how long the hitstun is. So that's 8 frames.

But MK can Uair out of it, so I'm guessing things 4 frames (Your nair) or less work, or something similar.

Although apparently MK can SL out of it, and that frame 8 so...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Whoa all that framedata did was confuse me XD. Sorry to be a pest but could you break that down into something I can understand homie?

I think somewhere in those 8 frames MK is invic. I can check but if something 8 frames hit you out that's something worth noting.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Whoa all that framedata did was confuse me XD. Sorry to be a pest but could you break that down into something I can understand homie?

I think somewhere in those 8 frames MK is invic. I can check but if something 8 frames hit you out that's something worth noting.
Oh ye, sure. I should've taken out irrelevant stuff, here you go:

Hitbox comes out at frame –
1st kick 10
2nd kick 22
3rd kick 34
Last kick 44

Hitbox duration – All except the last kick 4, the last kick 3

Hitlag multiplier – All x1

I'm not great with frame data, so I'm not exactly sure what hitlag is, nor am I sure what x1 means. I'm pretty sure that's the hitstun, but I'm not sure what number is x1, sorry

He's invincible 5-8 if SL is grounded. The MK boards say you can SL out of it, but I haven't tested it.

If it is 8 frames, which would mean there is no hitstun whatsoever, then a lot of characters can get out pretty easily...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ohhh here I'll test it aerially right now.

EDIT: So far I can't seem to SL out. However like you said I can Uair out on the second hit.

EDIT2: I don't think you can SL out...because now that I think about while in hitstun airdodge and aerials break hitstun faster than specials. I'll try Fox's Nair again.

EDIT3: Yeah I'm Nairing out again,shine works too...strange. It must be shine's invinci. properties.

etecoon

Smash Hero
you can't shuttle loop out of snakes nair unless you SDI behind him, uair/nair are the only attacks MK can use while he's actually inside of it and he has to SDI to the outside to use those too while characters with frame 1 attacks/frame 1 invincibility like marth can just hit you without that

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
XD can someone explain why my Nair works sometimes and doesn't on others? I believe you cant buffer out of hitstun due to SDI and such but is it a frame tight thing then?

Top Bottom