• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Snake Q&A Area

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
catching people offguard with nades is ALL about joining nades together. extended and linked explosions catch timewasters offguard ALL THE TIME. i recommend practicing it.

Attila_

BRoomer
snake's approaches? that's funny. he doesn't have any 'good' ones. you can dash attack, dacus or dash grab, but it probably won't go to well. better off camping or baiting. seriously.

i mainly use jab to bait rolls or spotdodges, cause it ends quick and you can punish most things with ftilt/utilt.

What are some of Snake's best approaches, and what use does jab have?
His jab has a couple of different uses. The machine jab (hold A) can catch rolls and other moves if they happen to beat it. Jab by itself leads into ftilt, grabs, utilt, fairly well. But is never guaranteed.

Approaching with snake is generally bad, but mortar slide and dash attack are probably the best approaches he has.

Attila_

BRoomer
machine jab is generally bad at high level play.

its too easy to sdi then punish.

nice if linked to ftilt though.

also note that some characters can ps machine jab after a spotdodge. diddy, falco and d3 are notable examples.

Attila_

BRoomer
oos? very much doubt it.

i know diddy's bair oos can, which is 8 frames from memory. gw dtilt is a fair bit slower than that.

if you mean after it's hit gw shield, then it would depend entirely on spacing and/or issdi.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Spacing your tilts to their maximum range is one of your best ways. Also using F-Tilt 1 and not too also helps since 2 is way more punishable if they can shield it.

But really in most cases you can also just limit their options with projectiles and kinda herd them like sheep. Its fun.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Snake boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!
Could anybody answer this with a ratio if possible? Please help a R.O.B. mainer out! xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
6:4

not very often that I give snake more credit than others and I think he's not that amazing overall, but I think this particular MU is underrated for him, snake beats ROB very soundly IMO

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I think I may have heard this before, but does Snake have a grab release on Wario? Someone was telling me about this at a tourney this past weekend.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Oh o-o Would've possibly made my weekend easier then. >_<
We can also utilt and sticky them out of a grab release. Also, a pivot grab isnt guarenteed but is a pretty good mixup when they are at low % if they break out b4 you stop pummeling or something of that nature. Also, ralph. Two words...tech chase. Wario is so easy to do it to. I can literally do it on reaction time alone. Something you have to learn how to do. it's easily a free 40% or more each time. Cuz after all, we are human. (except hrnut, he's a super african :()
..yeah. remember your import ant grab releases!! Ie) air release Falco >> dash attack

:phone:
And we can also DAC regrab him.

PZ

Smash Lord
Guyz how do I not get utilt juggled as cf?

You know how a cpu who knows it has a good utilt or usmash will continue timing it at the right time such as tink n link.

Amaterasu Okami(AIB) utilted 5 times in kill percent:urg:(starting at 133%)

etecoon

Smash Hero
solution: don't play wifi snakes

5 utilts in a row should never happen lmao

PZ

Smash Lord
solution: don't play wifi snakes

5 utilts in a row should never happen lmao
Hmm I was expecting this answer but heres the problem. I dair we trade hits if im lucky, uair wont work, bair yea not happening, and nair worser than bair.

HE occupied my landings with explosions so I tried to get past him n got utilted multiple times.

Wifi only player so no way dude! South GA sucks ballz.

Also ralph cecil I tried that but apparently snake's dair has the most ******** hitbox ever!

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any advice for Yoshi's Island?

I played there once and got completely destroyed. The platform was constantly in the way, I couldn't land. It's just.... so small.

I'd rather not ban it, I hate Brinstar far more and most people don't CP there

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Learn to use the giant platform correctly in terms of stage control. Setting a landmine or C4 on top and the other under can really limit some characters options. Because its a small stage with a platform that covers 80% of the stage you can camp hard against a lot of characters.

Also learn to Platform Cancel when the platform is tilting. It helps.

Attila_

BRoomer
im more interested about walls.

dunno if you'd ever be able to pull out an aerial fast enough in a real game situation; you normally cant even airdodge.

Top Bottom