• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official OC3 Results Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
oh **** son, i almost forgot. I left a silver controller with 4 eyeball stickers and bombsoldier's signature at the venue. Did anyone find it while cleaning up? I'd like to have that back eventually, I'd pay for it to be overnighted here.
It's probably gone, dude, sorry... unless a miracle happened.

Lovo your link was very impressive.
i wasnt tryna talk **** abuot super duper smash god just say that ka-mizzle mah nizzle has no competition in the luigi zone

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

It's probably gone, dude, sorry... unless a miracle happened.
eggz ive checked for you but i dont have a silver controller with eyeballz. I was going around the venue picking up controllers with nobody around, it seems people do just leave their controllers due to forgetting or just things going on.

Sadly i cant find yours. I think someone took it, so yeah. Other staff members werent picking up controllers and if they did theyd go to me. So yeah i dont have a silver controller with eyeballs.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
lol what an ignorant post... most of the pros have 3 or 4 stocked each other at some point if they play enough, and i'm sure chu has done it to m2k in the past. in fact m2k has only recently been beating chu in tourneys, it took him like a year and a half to beat him at all
the present counts more than the past as human beings are forgetful by nature. dont be a hypocrite about ignorant posts chillin, you have been infamous around this thread for that. im sure what your saying is true, but you fail to realize that when gameplay changes in the pro level, the most noted will only be the winners. When you take the reasoning and say that it took m2k 1.5 years to beat chu, then what can we say about the nobody that was Pc chris 2 years ago

this tourney has made me retire as well, but i'll be back when brawl comes.

edit: dude, mana, you seem to pop out of nowherre that i almost screamed

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Oh yeah...
**** whoever stole my DS. i gues taking things from ppl without jobs is cool. ***
and thanks ken, for helping me out.
yea **** whoever stole his DS. U guys dont deserve to be called smashers because if u steal ****. Ur just a ****ing thief. Ur not part of the smash community. If I find whoever stole it im a ****ing sock u in the face for silent Wolf ^^.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
falcomist i wish we had time to falco ditto, I forgot to play you but hopefully you're going to evolution world in vegas right?

The King

Smash Ace
Time for a lighter side of the tournament. SOME OF KING'S SMASH PICS!!!

The Gathering:

The Nomadic Smashers:

The Terminator:

Zomg It's Me+BS+Ken:

The Imposter!:

The Real Game:

The Team Champion:

The Big Trophies:

All Of DBR Together:

(most of) The Baysians!:

And That's All For Now.

King Out

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Lol falcomist. But to Jem: i think getting ould in melee would help for brawl, because they cant be so different that u will be staring from square 1. If that was the case then when brawl comes out i would be able to say im on the same lvl as chu KDJ mew2king and pc chris....and we know that is a bunvh of bull****.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
This is Kira

Sup. Personally I haven't posted because I wasn't on smashboards for awhile, and then when I did get on I had to read through like 8 pages of stuff (40 posts per page) and I wasn't too motivated to read through it. Well anyway, I have a lot of random stuff to say.

The gas definitely works out. I drive a 2003 Honda Pilot, I get ~17 MPG, it takes between $50-$55 to fill up, gas prices were ~$3.09 for the cheapest kind, my tank holds 17 gallons. I had to fill up 3 times. So 17 (gallons in the tank) * 3 (tanks) = 51 (gallons). 51 (gallons) * 17 (MPG) = 867 (miles driven). I belive chillin said we needed to have driven ~2900 miles to have reached $800 worth of gas, so there's my part. Arash drove the most by far. Rickety, azn_lep, and Ken all went to pick up people from the airport. There may have been other drivers but I'm not sure, I can't even name everyone on the staff.

Here's a quick rundown of where I went. Keep in mind LA traffic is terrific, and driving around local brings my MPG down a bit.

Sunday:
-Picked up Chester + pkmVodka (who are amazing at this game btw, and chester thanks for helping out for pools) from SNA, drove them to HugQ's house and picked up food/hygenic stuff, i think that took about 45 minutes to drive from SNA to hugQs house alone, not including me driving from my house to sna and from hugQ's to my house.
Thursday:
-Went to Kens house, dropped off people to pick up the Enterprise truck (or to pick up something car-related), went to LAX to pick up KrazyKirbyKid (who has a crazy *** kirby) + brother and the Hawaiians (who are really nice and thanks for the kickass chocolates), drove them to a motel near the venue, drove back to kens for a last-minute staff meeting, then back home
Friday:
-Drove a ****load of people to the venue, picked up West Canadians from Greyhound Bus Station (you guys are funny, especially noobking, i enjoyed hanging out and talking with you guys when i could), then the jiggs player from Florida (yes someone came from FL) at LAX then back to the venue, then back home.
Sat:
-Went to Ken's house to drive people to the venue, picked up the famous VCR (it was like $40 for the VCR and $10 for the RF cables at wallmart. that was the cheapest one i could find. btw i dont want anyone going to ****ing wallmart anymore because that was the worst shopping experience of my life kthx). I think that's it, just went home at night.
Sun:
-I forgot what happened that day. I believe I just drove to the venue and back.

No, I didn't calculate how far all the distances were or how long it took to drive to all these places, because, quite frankly, that's a lot of work, and it's not worth it just to get a few people to quit their biases and stop complaining. Nothing will happen even if I came right out and said that we all banked on this tourney, which couldn't be further from the truth.

The only reason I even went to the trouble that I did to explain why my costs were the way they were is because I don't like the way that some people are disrespecting the Hoang's and all the effort that they and the rest of the OC staff put into this tourney. Like Arash has already stated, Ken and Mana did their best to bring Bombsoldier and Disk stateside, and Ken gave his teams winnings to Bombsoldier and nobody took any of the $20 matches away from BS either; Bombsoldier kept everything. They took him to Knotts and showed them around and took as much care of the Japanese as they could have. Despite all the problems that happened at the venue, they still got their tournament done on time. I know I was disappointed that we could only do one round of pools with only the top 4 advancing, but it had to be done. If more people had offered to donate tables, etc. then we would have used those obviously, but they didn't so we bought/rented them. I can't even say all the little things that had to be taken care of during this tourney, but it was pretty **** stressful, just playing matches became difficult on their own.

So I apologize if I wasn't too friendly or if I didn't say much (although I usually don't say much at tourneys), because I was pretty exhausted, and I know that Ken, Arash, and Mike all did more work than I did, probably Rickety too, that guy was always doing stuff so I can't imagine what their day must've been like.

-mathos and watty are too cool, that laser/missle barrage against that one team in pools was just mean lol
-pdale you're always so loud lol, actually it's mostly just aesis
-lol @ the hawaiians taking pictures of me, does the other guy think he looks like me?
-silent spectre and tang you both told me at one point or another that I was good, that made my day haha except you guys **** in teams, good ****.
-damien and eddie and mike (mana) - LOL i have to say i haven't laughed that hard in a loong *** time, if ever. The velociraptors and those situations.... wow. I'm sure the fact that I was dead tired helped make it so funny but still. That was a ghetto In-n-Out. Oh yeah beating TMNT was too good also. And the Disk picture that **** was nasty
-San Diego - you guys are cool. even though some of you have ridiculous expectations haha. it's always good to see you guys at tournaments.
-plan9 is funny. always fun playing you, especially playing teams and just talking.
-Dav3 - this guy is hilarious. LOL when TheBoss stepped into the room looking like some workout guy. the random comments you shout out and trash talk is so funny. lol @ guessing random stages and "I hate that ****!"
-West Canadians (BC Canadians i believe) - i know i already mentioned you guys, but you guys are way cool. sorry about that bus ride, i can't imagine.... lol the FL guy just kept laughing about it 'cuz it was so horrible
-PC Chris - im buying one of those as soon as my paypal money transfers. oh yeah, in case you haven't been told enough, you're amazing, grats on first.
-Chu - always good to see you, too bad we didnt get to talk more

I know there are more, like Light, Nick, anyone i played matches with (especially doubles), Gimpyfish, Luninspectra/Zelgadis, the socal people that i see all the time, etc. These people are too good and helped make the experience what it was but I rarely ever do shoutouts and my head hurts from typing so much, I only wrote this much because this tourney kicked *** and it actually made me want to smash more somehow (although for a few days just thinking of smash made me sick).

And of course the entire OC3 staff, just for running this tournament which was awesome. This was the most fun I've ever had playing smash, despite all the stress, so thanks.

Ken you're still the best, EC has all been training since MLG Vegas and had all these new tricks and you didnt play anyone near your level since then and you were tired and stressed and probably couldnt think straight and despite that you still took a game off m2k (he's broken on FD) and did better than I or anyone expected against PC. And you still catch him with the counter haha.

silent wolf i saw your frankenstein vid and it was pretty cool.

ROFL (the luigi not the acronym) - I joined in 2002 or some **** like that but my first tourney was a biweekly right before 0C2 and i didnt even get to go to 0c2. I'm not totally sure why I mentioned that.

Nashun

Smash Ace
Oc3 staff, I left early and completely forgot that I had left my gamecube there. It's labeled Nashun, it was being used on TV 18 IIRC.

Shoutouts?

Ultra Luigi - HAHA you **** dude, thanks for chillin and just hanging out, but don't be so hasty in giving people so much information. geez, I almost went sheik on you in our pool set and I don't even play sheik.

Azn Lep - You're a cool guy, one of the realest and nicest smashers out there. The little time we hung out was enough to show me that. I saw what happened in pools, sorry you weren't able to make it out =(

T!mmy - Nice Kirby, sorry we couldn't play more.

Delphiki - We got ***** in teams. Thanks for the offer, though. It was funny, I was half asleep when you asked me if we wanted to team and I spent the rest of the time before doubles after waking up trying to figure out who asked me.

DEHF - Everyone hates falco. don't deny it please.

Thomas - We had nice matches, too bad we couldn't play more. Your peach improved a lot since the last time I saw it. Too bad I couldn't see that Zelda =( HAHA nice doubles match, though! that was fun.

Aesis/ROFL - FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK. Seriously, you guys make me wish I had a crew like Palmdale. It's awesome how much you guys support each other and are more like real friends than just a crew of smashers trying to own it up. I really wanted to play some friendlies with you guys, but the whole tournament was so busy =/

DSF/Nezumi - Thanks for the support guys, it was nice having someone encourage you when you're playing matches. I'll look into Jiggz, but not being able to swallow anybody off the stage is a very disheartening thought.

Mike Y. - No johns, your Zelda got *****. I'll invest in you next time someone wants to throw money on the floor for some kind of stupid game.

Knivez - Let's play sometime? I need practice against space animals.

Plan 9 - Gooooood matches dude, your falcon improved a lot.

Dodger - Your Kirby's getting pretty fast. Good stuff, I learned a new Kirby tricksie from you that I never really attempted to pull off and I'm trying to use it more often now. It's a lot harder than it looks, good stuff.

Really hope I didn't forget anyone, this tournament was **** even with the shady money issue, and I have no regrets at all for going. I know this was a lot of work for the tourney organizers and I really appreciate the effort they put out to make this a great tournament. Ken, Mana, Arash, Pat, everyone who helped out, THANK YOU.

Edit: This tournament rekindled my love for this game. Unfortunately, I don't really know of anybody I can play with. I have a strong urge to get better and to play more people, anybody willing to play? I can drive or if you prefer to come here, my garage is a pretty decent place to play. Just PM me or AIM at NasuHasano155. This tournament was too good and I improved a LOT in just a short weekend. ;) Let me show you guys what I can do.

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
Oh btw forgot to mention something to all you guys who were talking **** regarding Ammonia.

Did any of you actually take the time to sit down with him and get to know him a little bit?

Well I did. I have to say that it was a very rewarding experience. You'll never truly get to know great people if you don't take the time to converse with them and exchange words and ideas.

I saw Ammonia chillin' by his lonesome in the corner and whatnot, so I strolled on over and took a seat near him.

"What's up?"

Ammonia: "Not all that much. How about yourself?"

"Same, really; not too much.Just enjoying the tourney. It's been a lot of fun but it's kind of hot in here *light-hearted laughter*"

Ammonia: "Hahah, yeah, I know what you mean. I'm sweating a good deal myself. Care for some of my raisins?"

"I'd love some raisins."

The rest is history.

We chatted frequently throughout the remainder of the tourney, and by the end of it all, we had exchanged AIM sn's and all that great stuff. We've been talking quite a bit ever since, and it hasn't even been a week since OC3.

I just wish more people would've given him a chance.

Anyway, if anyone feels like apologizing, I'd be more than happy to relay the message.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
meh someone stole my ssbm game disk and my memory card. i went to mana and told him someone stole my memory card (i didn't realize the game disk was missing) and he asked me what color it was. i told him it was a small black and it turns out he found a small black one. it turns out that that one was not mine but my friend's (hydro) who was missing his lool.

oh well, good thing i had an extra ssbm disk...

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I have a couple of shoutouts, but I think I'll keep my qualms with the venue to myself as they've already been argued into the ground. Plus I had a great time Smashwise, and that's really all that matters in the end. Anywho, here I go.

STB: It was a pleasure going with you guys. STB is too good.

Reggie and Jason: Canada is WAY too good. Six Flags with you guys was awesome, and housing with you was a great pleasure. I got tons better at Smash because of you guys playing with us at Oscar's aunt's house. Yeah. I have some pictures of the trip, I'll post them on the Montreal thread soon. Also. HUGQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KOS-MOS: Talking to you as well as playing your awesome Peach was a blast. You are an awesome dude. Maybe I'll see you around in the Southwest thread. Also STB says hi.

Light and Dark: Good stuff guys. Congrats to Brad for getting second in his pool and making it into the bracket, and LOL to Greg's alternate identity as maXXXpower. I did manage to meet my goal at OC3, though--I got out of pools like I wanted to, even with PC and Bone in them. Anyway, I'll see you guys when I see you. Too bad you guys were tired before Crews, we might have gone far. But we did enjoy the movies when we couldn't go to crews.

PC: You are way too cool, son. Congrats on 1st, you are a stud. I wanted to ask you for some playing tips, but I was a tad too intimidated. Maybe next time.

Bone: Your peach rox my sox, friend.

Simna: Thanks for the friendlies at 3 in the morning. Ness is too good. I still can't get that yo-yo glitch right, though.

Arash: You are an awesome dude. Thanks for fitting STB into doubles even though we were late. Thanks for driving us to the shower--I forgot my shirt there though. :(

Sean: Good luck in whatever you do in the future. Your retirement saddens me, but all good things must come to an end. You had a great run, though. Way better than any of us can ever hope to have. It could always be greater you know...

Tony: is the best Mewtwo.

T!MMY: Your Kirby is the shiznite. I've always wanted to play you, and now I have. Thanks.

Ammonia: is the best toxic gas.

I'm sure there's more, but I'll edit later if I remember anything.

Eggz

Smash Hero
eggz ive checked for you but i dont have a silver controller with eyeballz. I was going around the venue picking up controllers with nobody around, it seems people do just leave their controllers due to forgetting or just things going on.

Sadly i cant find yours. I think someone took it, so yeah. Other staff members werent picking up controllers and if they did theyd go to me. So yeah i dont have a silver controller with eyeballs.
Aight, thanks a lot for checking. I guess I'll just buy new eyeball stickers and sign Eggz in japanese or something T_T

GGz at OC everyone

Especially you, Keanu Reeves.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
the set against bomb soldier and ken was my fault, i wasnt playing good at all so i was just getting hit everywhere, and i was talking to chu about it because i was mad, ThomasSexy doesn't know what he's talking about. I get really nervous under a lot of pressure which is something I need to learn to get over, but I'd appreciate you all not discussing this and talking about something else instead as it's none of anyone elses business.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
the set against bomb soldier and ken was my fault, i wasnt playing good at all so i was just getting hit everywhere, and i was talking to chu about it because i was mad, ThomasSexy doesn't know what he's talking about. I get really nervous under a lot of pressure which is something I need to learn to get over, but I'd appreciate you all not discussing this and talking about something else instead as it's none of anyone elses business.

**** str8

:D

Arash

Smash Lord
nashun your gamecube is safe and sound at ken's house, i remember seeing one with a big nashun sticker on it.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Ahhhh. M2K, I'm really sorry about bringing that up. It's just that everyone keeps saying "Bombsoldier sucks. He only got 17th. He's overrated. etc etc." And while some of us tried to helpfully point out how he did in teams, Hydro Kirby made a remark something like, "I didn't see it so it probably didn't happen. It was probably just a friendly anyway" trying to take his good performance away from him.

Again, I'm really sorry I had to bring that up at your expense. But whenever you have a bad match, everyone forgives you and still says how great you are. But if Bombsoldier has a bad match, everyone says how bad he sucks. It's just straight-forward cruelty.

I really am sorry for bringing that up. I'm at work right now, so if I find time when I get home, I'll search through the posts and delete it. I'm just tired of people picking on the Japanese just to fuel their own pride.

a-mar

Smash Cadet
If he didn't know about it, he would have said "I didn't see any Ammonia signs, but I'm not sure whether they exist or not", or something of the like. However, he said that there was absolutely no Ammonia signs which signifies certainty. I've heard from multiple sources that the venue was not very big at all, so I don't think he just didn't see it, to quote the Game's blog:

So there is picture proof the venue isn't very big.

Also, good job at not picking sides, you supported Wes who is on the side of criticizing OC, yet are against me, who is also on the side of criticizing OC. This doesn't surprise me.
your a ****ing idiot

you were not there and are seeing pics and *****ing??? WTF
there were multiple rooms for people sleeping and stuf,

if you didnt go, why do you care, if you did and the answers and estimates arent good enough for you then dont go again, simple as that
sorry about your $75 but hey thats life!!!

stripesorbars2

Smash Cadet
As long as Ken is no longer the best and this tournament proves it, I'm glad OC happened.

And Ken and his ***gett brother are still smash nazis.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Canada: You guys are too cool. I mean, except for chester. Chester just sucks LOLOL, jk <3.
;_; *remembers ****** milktea in crew*
=)
GGz at OC everyone

Especially you, Keanu Reeves.
hahah cactuar <3
nashun your gamecube is safe and sound at ken's house, i remember seeing one with a big nashun sticker on it.
SOLD! :smash:

:laugh:jk

I'm lazy so here are my half-***** shout outs/self-gratification.

-HUGQ: thanks for the housing, I hate your samus... you have a good samus I guess. -_- wtf you were supposed to be in brackets. =/
-Vat-o, seizure boy yoko, maXXX: so many thanks for saving us on wednesday, we didn't know how we would have met for six flags, but jesus came down in HUGQ's living room. hallelujah. so many nice convos and memories, thanks a lot guys. Also, seizures are awesome.
-MikeMonkey: Doc is too good. your CF is nice. DAYUM THOSE ARE BIG! haha I love you man, this winter I'm coming on the WC, so you better get ready.
-noobking : MORE BAIRS! you could/should have won against BS if you had listened to me screaming in the crowd. no biggie, see you in BC.
-gamepro: get out of brackets you nub. also, did you get my porn tape in the mail?
-eddie: I'll try to hide a body around my neighborhood and give you feed back. <3
-papa dave : you are too good. we'll hit NY soon, you better hold up to your words, son
-pc : good stuff. sorry for being annoying.
-milktea: raaaape!
-gimpy: broken fwd+b :mad:
-eggz, bart, aftermath: good ish at IHOP's, we missed fwrd's speech. ;_; but LOL @ chugging contest ending in double fail
-ken: sleep more noob
-mana: thanks for the shirt
-arash: you must have spent 93% of of OC on that stupid chair next to the laptop LOL
-pkm: 9th with DK, nuff sed. pkm and bum, best DKs ever
-silent wolf: "shut your trap not so silent wolf". your technical is O_o I hadn't seen that type o' **** in ever. gj in tourney, come to BC when we go there.
-DJ combo: less combos, more djing
-forward: you are a king amongst men.
-king: we didn't get to play, but you're cool, I just know it
-isai: >.>
- M2K: I felt awkward so many times around you. It's like, I try to cheer you up, then you start another convo with someone as if I was nothing. I was the one who started the cheer for you when you were fighting ken. You owe me, Mr. I Can't Take Crowd Pressure.

- Disc&Bombsoldier: God knows if these words will reach you. "Language barrier is a cruel one, leaving cultures unknown, as well as precious feelings of kindness and friendship." How I wish I could have said more words to you guys. I hope you guys are safe. I hope Ken did give you the words I told him before leaving the venue. You guys looked so lonely, but know that a lot of us were with you all along.

- TheBOSS: Marth Dair into rest, nuff sed.
- Bob$: We both weren't playing very well. You made me happy when you were fighting Bomb, good ish.
- Bone: I spoke to Rickety. LOL. Mada mada da ne.
- Edrees: :( You beat me with wavedash back into downsmash? I can't believe it... I'm as stupid as all the other fox players.
-Myko: when I played you in teams, my first stock got *****, then someone in the crowd said "**** them myko, he ain't no lun in spectra." That got to me and I started saying a lotta crap I didn't mean. I just want to say I'm sorry.

I'm bored now. To everyone else, gg. Then again, no one cares about Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom