• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Luigi Tournament Results Thread

BSP

Smash Legend
17th out of 61 @ Monkeyz Battle 9 in Paris.
I used MK against MKs and my usual Luigi/Diddy duet to win the rest of my matches.

Considering I did not get past pools last time, you may say it's an achievement. I'm just slowly getting back into brawl :V
Can you get a link

And I won't record doubles. If these results are ever used for anything, it's probably going to be for helping tier placement and arguing low tier vs mid tier; stuff like that. Doubles is a whole different ball game.

But even if I don't write it out, I've got links, so people can just go look anyway.

Updated.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
13th out of 25 Something 2 Do Monthly. 3/17/12

:luigi2:/:sonic:

Winner's
Beat Ryan :link2:
Lost to Crash :dk2:

Loser's
Beat Nomad :ness2:
Lost to Smile :diddy:/:falco:

Crash mains Luigi and DK, so he's way more difficult than any other person I'll ever play. That being said, it did go to last stock, last hit on game 3.
Even though he squandered game 2 trying to play Ftilt Snake on me.

I beat Smile's Diddy and Nair'd away my chances of beating his Falco games 2 and 3. I tried to abuse the "Ignorant until proven otherwise" method on him. Come to find out, he's smarter than Nair. I did make a pretty decent comeback on my last stock at 138% while he was at 0% on a fresh stock. I got him to 77% from 0% and ended up whiffing 2 Shoryus despite getting the hard reads.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I still think your sonic is better than your luigi. ^

@icearrow gj dude. I hope you keep using the man in green.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
Going in to the tournament, I thought I had a legitimate chance to make it out of pools, then I kinda got pool ****ed.

:phone:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
yeah I totally understand you. I've only made it out of pools once. Not mention those sketchy pool ties.

TreK

Is "that guy"
The only two tourneys at which I did not get through pools were BBI because I miscalculated my points, thought I was 3rd when I was 4th and sandbagged the last match because there was no point in exhausting myself, and that tourney a couple months ago in which there were 4 of the top 8 in my pool (the TO couldn't know that would happen, two of them had unexpected good results), but it has been a great occasion to have matches against such good players so I didn't really mind my ranking at that tourney.

Then again, there's only 55 players on average to the tourneys I attend, with like 15 casuals every time, so getting through pools is not such an achievement for me x)

DBSammy

Smash Ace
My Vengeance pool had Mr. 3ric, K4in, K4ssandraN0va, and some TL main. K4ss and 3ric are from KY so they got a whole lot of that crash experience. K4in is unneeded to be explained. Names have been anti-namesearched.

yoshq

Smash Master
The only two tourneys at which I did not get through pools were BBI because I miscalculated my points, thought I was 3rd when I was 4th and sandbagged the last match because there was no point in exhausting myself, and that tourney a couple months ago in which there were 4 of the top 8 in my pool (the TO couldn't know that would happen, two of them had unexpected good results), but it has been a great occasion to have matches against such good players so I didn't really mind my ranking at that tourney.

Then again, there's only 55 players on average to the tourneys I attend, with like 15 casuals every time, so getting through pools is not such an achievement for me x)
You have 55 average at your tourneys? Are you ****ing kidding, I'm really jealous.

TreK

Is "that guy"
yeah. I have a tourney every 2 months when I'm lucky, every three months when I'm not.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
****er. I would be the best Luigi by now if I had that.
nah man I heard Peterdinosaurous is the best Luigi now. He invented the Nair to fire punch on Pikachu.

Edit

hmm I guess we should add Crash's results since he somewhat coming back to tourneys.

TreK

Is "that guy"
25th / 54 at Monkey Battle 10

Baaaad performance but the fault is mine here :(

TreK

Is "that guy"

Luigisama

Smash Champion
King Blaze's Smash Up
6/23/12
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324310
Out of 17

5th Sammy :luigi2:

yay. Luigi isn't dead yet.

Edit
Uprise 9
5/27/12
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322879&highlight=Sama
out of 29
17th Luigisama :luigi2:

Uprise 10
6/09/12
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323580&highlight=Sama
out of 35

Impact 3
6/16/12
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323941
out of 45

triple 17 the Luigi curse. :p

TreK

Is "that guy"
yeah, except 17th out of 29 is much less an achievement than 17th out of 45 :D
Place 17th out of 9000 at SKTAR 'kay ?

Player-3

Smash Hero
results thread wasn't up at the time so i was doing that to remind myself to edit it which im doing atm lol sry

Top Bottom