• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Lucario Guide/FAQ/Database. XD Sorry I haven't updated in while! Soon!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay! I added a video at the top, with someone who is a half-decent Lucario playing.
He shows some pretty good combos, and pulls out a lucky win against a Sheik.

Also, I fixed up a few cosmetic things on the Move Set.

And of course, updated the Main list ;P!
-DD

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
this thread is really good it motivates me to make one for ike....if i wasnt on my wii...:(

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
The shiek/lucario vid was good. it was close and they were fighting shiek. so one person was playing a character that still needs to be worked with to find out what works while the other was playing one that only needed a little tweaking. very impressive imo.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Very nice Sig.
I might make a variant of it using renders in Photoshop ^_^!
Yea, if any of you find new videos, or have some questions, ask away!
^_^ Popularity = Sticky!
._. Maybe...
-DD

gsarany

Smash Cadet
Ill main him. Been waiting to Lucario and want this game even more ever since he got mentioned as a playable character. PLease add me to the list as well if its not too much trouble.

Its gonna be fun playing around with him and trying out new combos

benman

Smash Rookie
I've told everyone I know that from the start, if lucario was in brawl, that I would main him no matter what. Him being broke is just a plus =]. put me on the definitely maining lucario list. Nice guide by the way. I really enjoyed reading it. I'm also looking forward to the combos and colors of him. Keep me posted :D.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Force palm bringing Lucario to a halt is NOT a bad thing! Given the range of this attack, it can be used as a fake-out. You run towards an opponent in a predictable manner, and they calculate the distance and ready an attack to stop you, but you use Force palm just outside their attacking range and score a hit.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Force palm bringing Lucario to a halt is NOT a bad thing! Given the range of this attack, it can be used as a fake-out. You run towards an opponent in a predictable manner, and they calculate the distance and ready an attack to stop you, but you use Force palm just outside their attacking range and score a hit.
Thats true, but if this opponent happens to be someone with either:
A) A double hit attack(Links/Sheik's FSmash)
or
B) Low or nearly inexistent lag after the chosen attack.

They could cancel the attack out by "clashing", or just dodge and punish you from the ending lag.

Also, characters with long or quick rolls could escape it.

I think the attack would be better suited for an edge guard, or a Mid-Air Fake Out, since opponents are either going towards you or flying away.

Then again, how does that attack work in mid-air?

-DD

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
The ability to stop all movement and attack from a dash is rare in Brawl since you can't crouch cancel the dash any more. Ness's PK Fire and Fox's Illusion were used in this manner effectively in Melee, I see no reason why having an unpredictable fake-out spacing attack should be considered a weakness in Brawl...

As well as that, Force palm isn't all that slow (about the same as Fsmash) and has less lag at the end of the blast.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ah, then thats probably me just getting the two mixed up. Eitherway, I'd like to see it used in mid-air.

Also, I added 2 new videos. Feel free to discus either.
The Diddy one worries me, as Lucario appears to be weaker to those that fall faster than him.
At least with the tactic that one was using.

Also, it seems that the most effective way to combo in an Aura Sphere is to do so after a DTilt, or right after a Jab Combo.

Discuss?

-DD

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Lucario's Dair is amazing. Not only is it fast and strong, but it has a disjointed hitbox AND stalls his descent. If you use this move to mess with opponents beneath you, I can see it working as a means to counter this weakness.

But yeah. Fast falling characters could be tricky to approach.

Another thing is that most of these players aren't using Lucario's floatyness to their advantage. I saw many opportunities during the Lucario vs Olimar vid where the Lucario player could have flawlessly strung together a two-hit aerial combo had they have double-jumped and attacked with Nair. :/

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Same here.
Also, I noted that Lucario should probably have juggled Diddy with UTilts and UAirs, then used some NAirs to mix things up, and eventually finish with a DAir to FSmash. Also, he seemed to frightful of the edges and maintaining a solid edge game, which it seems Diddy has a hard time doing.

-DD

Ice_Dragon

Smash Cadet
Great thread. :D

I'll be maining Lucario too, so you can add me to the list. Anyway, his dair looks incredible. It seems like it works nicely as a spike, which if it can be pulled off could make him very dangerous, especially with his speed. ^.^

Ectoplasmus

Smash Cadet
I'm glad to see that he is apparently much faster than mewtwo. Can you unlock him by playing a certian amount of vs. matches, by any chance? Great thread, please add me to the list of Lucario mainers.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I'm glad to see that he is apparently much faster than mewtwo. Can you unlock him by playing a certian amount of vs. matches, by any chance? Great thread, please add me to the list of Lucario mainers.
It is currently unknown if he can be unlocked thru # of matches. the currently known ways are to play thru SSE and beat him with meta knight when he makes his apperence. the other way is to beat the target test on all difficulties with the same character.

:034:

Smash Hero
Nice guide, could've been a little bit more indepth though. Describe the attacks? Lag time? Start up time?

Though Lucario dealing more damage when he gets more is really awesome. That might just give him that extra edge up a tier list, unless he becomes a more combo oriented character.

Also, does he have a sweetspot on attacks or what?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nice guide, could've been a little bit more indepth though. Describe the attacks? Lag time? Start up time?

Though Lucario dealing more damage when he gets more is really awesome. That might just give him that extra edge up a tier list, unless he becomes a more combo oriented character.

Also, does he have a sweetspot on attacks or what?
The first version of the guide had a bit more description on it, I took it out until I had all the moves for sure, so I'll be adding them back in now.
Also, I'll put in a literal translation of what each of the stats mean.

"Power" refers to the %s dealt.
"Knockback" refers to how far the enemy is launched.
"Range" refers to where the hit-box travels.
"Speed" refers to the overall lag of the attack.

My current theory on Lucario's power increase is as follows:
At 0% - He gets a 1.0 Multiplier.
At 50% - He gets a 1.10 Multiplier.
At 100% - He gets a 1.25 Multiplier.
At 150% - He gets a 1.35 Multiplier.
At 200% - He gets a 1.5 Multiplier.

I'm having one of my friends who has obtained a "pirated" version record the different damages he does with Lucario's fully charged Aura Sphere. I chose Aura Sphere, because it doesn't HAVE a sweet spot, so it can't mess me up like his Airs would.

Speaking of which.

Lucario DOES have some Sweetspots, but they're a little complicated, and, as with many things about Lucario, very situational.

The best example is his DAir. You can launch opponents in ANY direction using it, so if you want a certain result, you have to be aware of where to hit. To get the MOST distance, from what I've seen, you need to hit them with the very tip of the Aura you create. To get the most damage, you need to get in as close as possible, hitting them with the multiple strikes.

His BAir has a sweetspot, its right at the point between his Aura and his Fist, from what I've seen. That will grant great knock-back and the highest damage I've seen it do so far.

Basically, the most power of most of Lucario's moves are right in the aura he shoots out. I'll look into the specific area, as I'm sure other will assist me in, when I get a copy of the game myself.

-DD

Agosta44

Smash Ace
The guy playing as Lucario in the Olimar and Diddy matches suuuuucked >_<

Also, can you put parenthesis and the names of the opponents for the FFA matches? It would be helpful.

Zink

Smash Champion
might want to note that Me First/Counter is basically Testament's Warrant from Guilty Gear, even with a similar animation :O
Lucario is definitely going to be in my crew.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
OK, I'm scared. I'm hoping that the guy in the vids against Olimar and Diddy was bad, because he barely won....

Ccan anyone clarify if the guy was good or bad, or is that Lucario's full potential.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
OK, I'm scared. I'm hoping that the guy in the vids against Olimar and Diddy was bad, because he barely won....

Ccan anyone clarify if the guy was good or bad, or is that Lucario's full potential.
No.
No character has yet to even come close to their full potential, ESPECIALLY those horrible Lucario players.
You can tell by watching, that he lacked any sort of instinct needed to react properly with Lucario, making him inefficient, predictable, and destructible.
Never assume that a character who loses has reached their full potential.
Especially of a game that hasn't been released to most of the mass of competitive SSB players.

The MetaGame is RARELY established before it hits the US, and this is no exception.
=) Have faith, Lucario fans!

Also, new sig! Who likes it?
=P.
-DD

Teh Lord God StrYkeR

Smash Rookie
Watch me point to the sky, you'll say i'll never f
I can't wait to main Lucario/Marth/MKnight. Ever since I heard Lucario made it into Brawl I have bearly been able to contain my excitement as March 9'th creeps closer and closer. This is a great FAQ DD, great work, and it is sure to be my #1 source for Lucario info.
He seems to be a decent juggler, from what I have seen, Time will tell though, for me I hope so, =P

You can add me to the list if you feel like it, use "The Lord God StrYkeR"
The "teh" in my name in because when I first made an acct. here I used "the" but I never got the confermation Email, (stupid yahoo <_<) So i had to make another one, using "teh" lol.

gsarany

Smash Cadet
When the game comes out and since you made a list of Mainers and you want to have a ranking list would anyone want to have a Lucario tournament? We could use our smashboard names so we know whos who. Anyways its just an idea and It would be fun to play against other lucario mainers and having a rank is better then not having one at all right?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thats exactly my idea. I'll just have it placed in some random order, and if you want to move up the list, just challenge the guy above you, sorta how Armored Core has their arena system.
We'd use the "No Items" and "Neutral Stages" for these matches.
=P If anyone doesn't want to be part of this list, then they're more than welcome to be on the casual list or something.
-DD

Fluff

Smash Cadet
that sounds fun, though i dont know if id hold up against some of these people.. but eh, waht tha heck!
you can add me to

Drack

Smash Apprentice
I have Brawl and have been messing with Lucario a ton. Ask me anything.

Fluff

Smash Cadet
is he pretty good against characters like C.Falc, Pikachu, Ike, falco? wana know if i have an adv. on my friends :D

kaid

Smash Master
What happens when Lucario counters when both characters are over the edge?

Wall cling: does it restore your jumps? can you drop without jumping? can you drop, and then Wallcling again? Is there any lag after you jump?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I have Brawl and have been messing with Lucario a ton. Ask me anything.
I'd prefer for this not to be stuck in this thread, simply for the sake of having less to sift through.
I'd like to arrange to meet with you on AIM or MSN or some other form of communication, as there are some combos I'd like you to test for the Meta-Game.

kaid said:
What happens when Lucario counters when both characters are over the edge?

Wall cling: does it restore your jumps? can you drop without jumping? can you drop, and then Wallcling again? Is there any lag after you jump?
When Lucario Counters a character over the edge, it really depends on who is facing what way.
If Lucario is facing away from the edge, he'll appear behind the opponent and rush towards the stage. He may or may not make it, but he SHOULD have his B^ for use to cling to a wall if need be.
If Lucario is facing towards the edge, you just better pray you still have the B^, and that you're close enough for it to matter.

Wall Cling DOES restore the 3rd jump, and also gives you a kick-jump off the wall. You can hold on to the wall as long as you'd like, and using the thrid jump, re-wall cling.
I'm not sure what you mean by your last question, but if you're talking about the jump you get off the wall, there isn't really lag on it that would matter.

Fluff said:
is he pretty good against characters like C.Falc, Pikachu, Ike, falco? wana know if i have an adv. on my friends :D
There is no way of officially knowing that yet. However, he has a speed advantage over Ike, and a range advantage on C.Falcon and Pikachu using his Disjointed Aura Hitboxes. At this point in time, the only advantage you can have over your friends is by being better than them.

-DD

Top Bottom