• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Lucario Guide/FAQ/Database. XD Sorry I haven't updated in while! Soon!

mac holland

Smash Cadet
Can anyone test to see just how much startup time Lucario's down B has? I think I saw a video of Lucario vs. ZSS where she hit him just as he was starting the move and it didn't counter the blow.

It doesn't seem to start instantly, anyway.
My guess, frame 3-9 with frames 9-30 being the frames where Ike forward smashes you.

Awesome Strat: Jumping on someone's head while they're grounded produces an effect where they are stunned. Lucario can cancel momentum with d.Air.

This gives Lucario an unblockable setup. Jump on their head-> Immediate d.Air is good.

I abuse d.A though, it's too good.

supersmashbros.fighter

Smash Rookie
Yeah put me as a Lucario mainer.
Oh, and how long does it take for his Aura Sphere to fully charge?

And yes my username sucks, is there a way to change it?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
9 frames of countering time is not bad at all. A 2-frame startup is also excellent.

Also, Buzz, your Lucario is one of the best I've ever seen. Finally a good Lucario player who makes use of his fast tilts!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD, I added the video I posted a week ago to your list, since you forgot (?). Hope you don't mind.
Not at all! I've been pretty busy lately, so I really must thank you for helping me out XD!
=P Feel free to do it again if I seem absent, I'll try to return as much as possible.

I cannot for the life of me get Lucario's Dair to meteor the opponent.

What is the proper way to do this?
>.> Do it either
A) Right above their head, so the very tip of the hitbox gets above them.
Or B) Have them jump into it without any DI!
And it SHOULD work.
-DD

MysticKenji

Smash Master
http://www.feplanet.net/trophies.html

"Aura Storm (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Lucario's Final Smash. After flying off the screen, Lucario reappears in its center. He then launches a powerful Aura attack against all foes within a certain distance. The key to this attack is the ability to change its angle--it's a must to sweep slowly left and right to hit selected enemies multiple times. The last blow will send the victim flying away."

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I hope can get the Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl during the summer, the first thing I'll do is unlocking Lucario, he must have some kick butt potentials (yet, I bet he can beat Chuck Norris real good).

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ah, I'll update it to be listed as Aura Storm then.
And those who want to be mains.
-DD

Cenedar

Smash Ace
My god... Buzz, you are OFFICIALLY my hero. You're Lucario videos made me cry for joy. How the hell did you get so good so fast? Any tips for future Lucario mainers like meself?

Off topic side note: Hey VaneWalker, I'm pretty sure it's spelled "jackal", not "jackle"... but I like the sig anyway!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
How the hell did you get so good so fast? Any tips for future Lucario mainers like meself?
He studied the guide.
Thats the tip of the day/week/year!
Besides, I'll be beating Buzz in Lucario dittos.
I better have some worshipping when that happens -.-...
-DD

Mewtwo1414

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo could beat all of the Smash bros characters at once with just the flick of a finger, so i'm happy that he isn't on Brawl. At least he makes a cameo appearince as a trophy. As for Lucario, you can put him as my main, because I'm best with Mewtwo and Lucario's movements are similar to Mewtwo's. So put Lucario as my main.

Ps. Mewtwo I love you, and i'm your biggest fan.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yes, well, I love Mewtwo too, but lets keep banter about him out of my topic, okay?
Also, Lucario's Final Smash is pretty bad, and useless for the purpose of this guide, which is aimed at a competitive player wishing to learn Lucario.
Granted, without match-up info, it would be a bit hard to say that just yet, but either way, its cool.

Anyways, I added the Azen and the other video to the first post.
I prefer Buzz's Lucario to Azens, but Azen does use the aerials and force palm a bit more like I tell Buzz to.
-DD

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo7U8cXxyjs

I don't think you have this one. Zjiin (Samus) vs BigC(Lucario)

There's a long pause in the middle, but this is still a very good match.

Oh, and another thing: add "Instant Footstool Jump" to the list of useful techs with Lucario. Since we know that Lucario can get a free unstoppable Dair from a footstool, it's good to know that you can do an instant foostool off an opponent when they,re standing on the ground by tapping jump twice when you're close to them. It even goes through shields.

6footninja

Smash Ace
very well done ;]. But, I dont see the point in choosing mains so early. The game isnt out yet. You may go back on what u say now. But out of excitement I guess I could understand

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
New best Lucario ive seen so far
What do you expect, Its Azen.

very well done ;]. But, I dont see the point in choosing mains so early. The game isnt out yet. You may go back on what u say now. But out of excitement I guess I could understand
:chuckle:Maybe its possible to decide to play a character just because you like that character :)/think they are insanely awesome :chuckle: and will play them no matter how well they play in a certain game or how they relate to other characters in that certain game. If you do this, than it takes no real gameplay time to decide this. Their insane awesomeness in this certain game does help though. Not to mention that some people in this thread have already played the game and have an idea of what these characters are capable of. No, I'm not one of them. :chuckle:

:chuckle:Sorry if this comes across as a little harsh or angry, its not supposed to.:chuckle:

mac holland

Smash Cadet
I should put some vids up...

I'd give buzz and azen a run for their money with mah combos!

SEE THEM AT FINALROUND XI

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
While reading a couple of other guides, I found something that can spiffy up this guide even more! It's great now, but one thing I really liked about the Lucas guide was the pictures for every attack...would that be possible to implement here? There's the conversion tool out now!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
While reading a couple of other guides, I found something that can spiffy up this guide even more! It's great now, but one thing I really liked about the Lucas guide was the pictures for every attack...would that be possible to implement here? There's the conversion tool out now!
Yes, I have the converter program.
However, I don't have my own copy of Brawl to work with.
There are animations for each attack linked at the bottom of each description, so click those and take a gander.

I'll add that Footstool thing right away, I was sitting on that tech for some time now, never got around to adding it ;p!
-DD

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
The Lucario-Chuck Norris facts

Ok, I hope I don't get banned for this, but since both Zook and I often compare Lucario to Chuck Norris, I've created 10 facts associating both Lucario and Chuck Norris.

1. While Lucario is the only one to master the power of the Aura, Chuck Norris is the only one to master the roundhouse kick.
  2. The rivalry between Chuck Norris and Lucario was started over an argument on who wants to kill Adolf Hitler first.
  3. Lucario and Chuck Norris once fought each other in the city of Chernobyl, there were no survivors.
  4. While Chuck can divide by zero, Lucario knows the 1 billionth digit of pi.
  5. One of the reasons why Lucario hates Chuck Norris because Chuck Norris had roundhouse kicked every Pokemon for evolving.
  6. Lucario and Chuck Norris can sneeze and hiccup at the same time.
  7. Lucario does not know Chuck Norris's secret weapon: an M-16 carbine assault rifle.
  8. It was once believed that Lucario had bested Chuck Norris in a 4,000 swimming race that resulted the ice caps melting.
  9. Lucario is Chuck Norris's son's uncle's grandson's niece's nephew's younger brother's younger sister's father's cousin's aunt's older brother's evil twin brother.
  10. Both Lucario and Chuck Norris have once drank 5 gallons of chocolate milk non-stop and ended up in the bathroom for 30 minutes.

Top Bottom