• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got a couple questions about Brawl+ in general- not exactly the codes behind it. I couldn't find a different QnA to ask these in. If there is another one, I'd appreciate it if someone would post a link to it.

1.) What is the "Nightly Build?" My understanding of it is that it's the beta for future updates to the official codeset.

2.) How much are the characters subject to change? I'd like to main Lucas in Brawl+, but if they'll nerf him so much as to water down all his kill moves and eliminate many of his combos, I'm not sure if I want to put a lot of time into him.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I've got a couple questions about Brawl+ in general- not exactly the codes behind it. I couldn't find a different QnA to ask these in. If there is another one, I'd appreciate it if someone would post a link to it.

1.) What is the "Nightly Build?" My understanding of it is that it's the beta for future updates to the official codeset.
Your understanding of the "nightly builds" is correct. Once or twice a week the WBR releases a WIP set to receive feedback on the most recent changes, keeping the solid ones to use in an official release. Official releases are reserved for stable builds that have been thoroughly tested.

2.) How much are the characters subject to change? I'd like to main Lucas in Brawl+, but if they'll nerf him so much as to water down all his kill moves and eliminate many of his combos, I'm not sure if I want to put a lot of time into him.
We are nearing the end of balancing, meaning all the characters are probably going to receive some small tweaks before the next official release, but no major reworking of a character like what we had to do with bowser, link, ICs, or even lucas, actually. We've already given lucas substantial buffs and don't plan on taking them away anytime soon. In general, characters are far more likely to receive buffs rather than nerfs, except in extreme situations where we try to preserve the character's playstyle as much as possible while just bringing them in line with the rest of the cast.

brownsheep

Smash Journeyman
soooo i was talking to a friend about why he doesnt consider smash a real fighting game, and the only argument he had was basically that it lacks cinematic (street fighter style) specials/ultras.

which kinda got me thinking, suppose we could use the smash ball specials as ultras that become usable once the opponent hits a certain percentage or something? granted, this might call for some nerfing and could be really tedious, but as far as the idea goes, does anyone else think this might be a fun addition to the game? i feel like combos into ultras are always sooo epic

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
We've already given lucas substantial buffs and don't plan on taking them away anytime soon. In general, characters are far more likely to receive buffs rather than nerfs, except in extreme situations where we try to preserve the character's playstyle as much as possible while just bringing them in line with the rest of the cast.
Thank you for the response. Is there a thread where I can view the whole conversation regarding Lucas' buffs/nerfs? Or is that in the WBR?

shanus

Smash Hero
Thank you for the response. Is there a thread where I can view the whole conversation regarding Lucas' buffs/nerfs? Or is that in the WBR?
there is the smash workshop character discussion forum where there is a thread solely dedicated to lucas+

Almas

Smash Lord
Dimension: The Fall Animation changes are caused by the Conditional Action Modifier. The tether changes are caused by the Frame Speed Modifier. You will need to filter them out of the other frame speed changes we have made, however.

There exists a Debug Pause code. It's in the Code Agenda.

Drakk, we do not support piracy on this forum. Take your problems elsewhere.

Dedededepower

Smash Rookie
STGDXCORNEIA:pAC+STGPICTCHAT.PAC freeze Problem

Hello everybody I´m very new here.
I have a real problem I hope U can help me please =(

This is my problem

I play with Smash Bros Brawl Orginal PAL and hacked code from Phantom. Anyway I have Firmware 4.0.

After I choose my character and select the Corneria stage or Pictochat stage and its loading
the wii freezes and I hear a terrible noise. I try to use other textures for those stages but I have the same problem it always freezes.

I have no idea what I can do.
I tried so much but it wasn´t successful.
I hope u can help me to fix this problem so I can play on this great stages.

I think u know this problem please help me out.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Where might I be able to obtain the pac files for all the stages?

Additionally, Giygas Destination, a stage texture from Elite Smash Hackers (found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iwo1mdomwtw ) freezes whenever I attempt to load it. I run a legitimate NTSC copy of Brawl, and load textures through Gecko OS on the Homebrew Channel. I can't figure out for the life of me why it doesn't load properly. The game only freezes when loading this one texture.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
It might be better to put this here. To slow down spot dodges and roll separately what kind of code would I be looking at? Also what would be an example of 1 or 2 frames added (start up and lag)? Also can I get Mario's fireball to travel one more bounce?

While I'm at it, do we have an air dodge with landing lag? I thought I read about it. If so how many frames and can this be applied to MAD or HAD? Crouch Canceling being worked on at all? I hope I didn't miss any of this.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
I don't know if this possible in the debug mode or something. Have something that indicates hitboxes and sweet spots. I think this would make alot of people better by having those automatic sweetspot attacks. all the time. I wonder if its possible for someone make a code to show hitboxes and sweetspots on the attacks. for training and such

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Does file replacement disturb (desynching, lagging) online play?

Example:
I use File Replacement 1.3, my opponent uses File Replacement 2.1. Will be desynch/lag/whatever?

Also, is it actually possible for PAL to play online with NTSC/Japan?

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Is the current Brawl+ codeset compatible with the stage builder codes (allow overlapping and unlimited parts)?

Edit: Also, I would like to know if there's a code that replaces taunts with victory animations. Like press d pad to show victory animations on the stage instead of the ordinary taunts.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Is the current Brawl+ codeset compatible with the stage builder codes (allow overlapping and unlimited parts)?

Edit: Also, I would like to know if there's a code that replaces taunts with victory animations. Like press d pad to show victory animations on the stage instead of the ordinary taunts.
uh the stage hack isnt necessary. Just use the brawl stage studio that was created for the comp and you dont really have to worry about overlapping or infinite parts. this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217759

I'm not sure about the whole taunts thing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
does anyone have the code for colored shields?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Why wouldn't it be?
Of course you can use Stage Builder codes! Just get the text file, and add them in!
Or use the Online Stage Builder, which is much better/easier.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Wow that stage builder thing looks amazing! It can even do spawn points!? Thanks a lot guys.

Now I'm waiting on that taunt code.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
when using cupash, do you have to have all the portraits that you want inserted into the game in the "newfiles" folder when you run the "step2 create" thing?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
what is the code for the superscope to make it shoot other items
4A000000 8098D528
D2000000 0000000Z
2C0600XX 40820008
38C000YY 60000000
90DD08C0 00000000

Replace XX with the item id you want to replace
Replace YY with the item id you want to replace the XX with(to make super scope shoot bomb ombs. replace XX with 3E and YY with 06
Replace Z with the number of items you want it to produce plus 3(if you want two bomb ombs, i believe you replace Z with 5(2 items plus the 3 = 5))
I really haven't used this code too much so i might be wrong with the z value but ill pm you the item id's

Sry i don't know the exact person that made this code
I did not make this code

16.5th Dimension

Smash Rookie
Isnt there a code for Colored sheilds?
Yes, right here:
Code:
4A000000 80F59A60
14000088 FF3AB700
14000090 FF000000
140000A0 FF000000
140000A8 00000000