• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Code Q&A + Requests

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Csp

Okay so, I've been looking around to know how to set 'em... And I haven't found anything, the search bar doesn't work for some reasons.

Anyone mind giving me an example, for...let's say... Cpt Falcon?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
There is no such thing as priority. That is why a code which changes priority cannot be made.

Priority is a combination of factors, most notably the positions of the hurt- and hit- boxes of the characters involved. Thus to change it we would have to move or modify hit/hurt bubbles. Though we can technically move hitboxes, the latter we cannot do yet, nor is there a desire to.

So hitboxes can be moved, but the "hurtboxes" that I'm guessing are within those hitboxes can't be moved? I'm not sure I understand. I know hitboxes can be moved and damage and knock-back can be altered, but I don't know what hurtboxes are and how they contribute to priority. Please describe hurtboxes.

In Brawl+, hitboxes are moved or modified. Does this result in a change in priority like Cytrs said? If this is the case, characters that are often described as having low priority - like Sonic and Falcon - would only need to have their hitboxes moved or modified to have higher priority. In other words, they DO have higher priority in Brawl+.

Still, an idea of what hurtboxes are might help me understand this better. I'm saying this because, like I've said before, it seems to me that moves that have decent range or power often get trumped by moves like jabs. Also, priority in the air is actually just what move is faster right?

I appreciate your informed responses to my questions Almas...
Or anyone else who knows this stuff.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Priority does exist. Just as it always has. As a function of damage the move deals for some cases, and relative positions of hitboxes in others.

Aesthetic

Smash Cadet
In the Pal .txt file for Brawl+ 4.1B, why doesn't it show the codes for CSS, file replacement, and coloured shields?
I'm kinda wondering, because I downloaded v4.1B, and installed it like it said, and every other code seems to work, except CSS, textures, and coloured shields.

Thanks in advance.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
hey, where do u put the melee airdodge code in your sd card? And then, where do u go in wiicm (the code manager) to get it to work?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I are cerfuzzled. I got the last official b+ codeset off the nightly build site. But when I loaded it, it said that there were too many lines (1325) and only 456 were allowed. I'm running Gecko 1.9.1 and....well yeah.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Okay so, I've been looking around to know how to set 'em... And I haven't found anything, the search bar doesn't work for some reasons.

Anyone mind giving me an example, for...let's say... Cpt Falcon?
I'll bump this.

Almas

Smash Lord
I have no idea how WiiCM works, but usually the .gct file containing codes would be put in SD:\Codes\. I recommend using the Code Manager from USBGecko.com.

Kakacmee, you need to use a gameconfig.txt file. You'll find it in the premade packages, or in one of the threads on this board.

When I say priority does not exist I mean that priority doesn't exist as a static value. You can't make a move have "more priority" by modifying a variable somewhere.

The Hurtbox of a character is the region under which they can get hit. You are hit when someone's hitbox collides with your hurtbox.

A very trivial example is this: When Marth swings his sword, his hurtbox is his body (you have to hit his body to hurt him), but his hitbox is his sword (he has to hit your hurtbox with his sword in order to damage you). When Falcon performs a knee, his hurtbox is his body, including his knee, whilst his hitbox is just his knee.

Moves which we notice tend to have more intrinsic priority than others are caused by the disjointedness of a hitbox (how far apart the hitbox and hurtbox are). For sword users, most attacks will be disjointed, because they can't be hurt if their sword gets hit.

However, some moves seem to have too much priority. This is because some moves are a lot more disjointed than you would expect them to be. A classic example of G&W's aerials.

There's also a little more, in terms of Transcendental Priority. But I'm no Smash Lab member, so I don't want to go into too much detail lest I say something horribly wrong.

Ryu, I'd recommend asking on a texture hacking thread or forum. I have no idea, myself.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Almas, the airdodge code is in a txt file. =S So the txt file should be at the root of the "codes" folder? And yeah, wiicm isn't working. I'll try getting that other manager.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
sorry for double post, but...where is the code manager in the downloads page of the usbgecko site? sorry for being such a noob, but I don't see anything there that would be a code manager. =S

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Thanks again Almas,

I've heard a lot about disjointed hiboxes and the like and was unclear on this too.
You managed to answer my original question as well as one I hadn't asked.
I'll do some browsing around Brawl's tactical section to get a feel for some of the details you left out - transcendental priority sounds interesting.

KadeshSa

Smash Rookie
I want to ask this again because I feel it could be accomplished fairly easily and I am eager to try it. Can the stage reversal/freezing codes be applied to the Castle Siege stage so that it is always on the tilting rock/lava part?

I think it would be a nice new neutral stage to add to the new Warioware, Pokemon Stadium, and Spear Pillar stages.

shanus

Smash Hero
My single biggest code request ever:

Nametag scrolling. Allow us to hit up to scroll up to the bottom of the list when selecting a tag.

jokey665

Smash Ace

Nametag scrolling. Allow us to hit up to scroll up to the bottom of the list when selecting a tag.
That idea is such a simple concept and such a fantastic idea I'm surprised I haven't seen it before. Why hasn't somebody made this yet?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I want to ask this again because I feel it could be accomplished fairly easily and I am eager to try it. Can the stage reversal/freezing codes be applied to the Castle Siege stage so that it is always on the tilting rock/lava part?

I think it would be a nice new neutral stage to add to the new Warioware, Pokemon Stadium, and Spear Pillar stages.
NO IT CANNOT.

stop asking this guys

Papero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paperio
Small Question:

One of the codes (Model Modifier) requires a list of Model Parts.

What or where exactly is the list? I haven't been able to find a list with the exact name.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I saw the hitstun values chart and the hitstun constant in bold in the code agenda thread but I want to know what it is that needs changing in order to change the amount of hitstun

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
As it is, Final Smashes range from broken to useless, and Smash Balls spawn way too often on even Low setting. Anyway to put Final Smashes into the game somehow without being broken?

I heard items can't be controlled in spawn point at the moment, but how about enabling Final Smash using a specific directional taunt, but you can only use it once per match? (thought of this when I tried that one "enable FS with taunt" code awhile back...)

Maybe throw in some condition that you can only activate it using a taunt at a certain percent? (That way, characters with a higher % amount who manage to live long get rewarded, and could be adjusted accordingly so characters with more broken Final Smashes have to live longer)

Is it possible for a code like this to be made, or are there currently technical hurdles? :p

Also, wondering if there's a way to load sound effects/voices from the SD card or on a modified iso...would be nice to be able to extract the Japanese voices and use some of them over the English ones. (Not a crazy purist, but I'd rather have Ivysaur sounding female and such...XD)

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord

faster scrolling, invert the order of the names, anything!

scrolling through 50 names is the last tedious thing I have to do before playing anymore.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Auto Replay Code

Auto Replay Code

Enable this code and everytime a match finishes it automatically asks you if you want to save the replay. This would help tournament matches get recorded as players tend to forget to save replays often.

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
I need some help, plizz

Ive got some questions that ive wasnt able to find out their respective answers. Ive this here dont mut to be here, pleas, move it, but, please, do not remove it.

1- Ive seen that someone that i not remeber right now is working at a program that let us tranform the .dae files into .mld0 files. And ive got stuck at that point, because i need a converter, and its seems to not exist. My questions at here are: ¿Have i heard correctly or is only what mi imagination say to me? If the answer from the previusly question was yes, ¿When is that program coming out? Note that all i want is to replace 3Ds models that ive done with original ones, or only modify the original ones.

2- Ive also know one of your best works, Brawl+. My wii is actualy PAL version, and ive got a friend that says that his wii got stucked when the game loads. My question is: ¿Is Brawl+ able to run on PAL wiis?

3- Ive tryen to replace a 3D model from brawl, to be exactly the .pac from lyn with the .pac from Marth, giving me a freeze. ¿Is there any form to replace, if it not for my created ones, any existant from brawl?

4- Finally, ive worked with SSBExtract, a very good program, but it cannot be complete until there is a SSBCompilator or something like that. My last question is: Actually, ¿do exist a program like the one that ive sayed (SSBCompilator)? if it not, ¿can anyone say me when will come out a program like that? Note that i mean a program that compile all files, 3d, textures and others, not only textures, because for that there is the ASH.

I will be realy happy if anyone aswer my questions, Thanks!

Please, help me...

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
Ok guys, this will be quite big since I'm gonna explain the whole situation here...
So here's my story:

1-I bought a pirate copy of brawl along with a pirate copy of mario tennis new play control
2-Tested Brawl, working perfectly
3-Accidentaly semi-bricked my wii with Mario Tennis, since it asked for update and the copy was japanese
4-Tryed to play the copies of brawl again, just to find out that they were not working anymore.
Whenever I put the disc on it goes into a black screen with "Eject the disk and turn off your wii"
or something like that.
5-Thought it might be because of the semi-brick, so I downloaded the excitebots extreme racing, just to make the update to un-semi-brick it.
6-It worked, it un-semi-bricked my wii.
7-Tryed to play brawl again, then it comes the same black error screen for number 4.
Now it's where it get's weirder:
8-I thought:"Hey, it might be some piracy detecting for brawl! I should try using homebrew channel with GeckoOS and run through that!"
9-Used twilight hack to install homebrew
10-Got GeckoOS version 1.8
11-Tryed to run from Gecko, no good, it freezes when it says:"Reading Dvd Stats"
12-Got Brawl+ full pack with GeckoOS version 1.9 that it comes with
13- Tryed again, no good again, it freezes at the same as before.
14-Tested my friends original brawl on the geckoOS and it doesn't read, even if it reads on normal disc channel, it says no dvd on device if I try to run from geckoOS.

Details: Wii with modchip, tested 2 different kind of pirate brawl copies, No intention of getting myself an original brawl copy, so don't even mention that, wii system is version 3.4 now (if thats the problem and I should get the version 4.0 then please tell me how).

So if any of you got answers for all of this, please do help me...

thanks, Love Ya!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
idk if it was asked already, but....

Victory Music hack? Have different songs play when your character(s) win... :D

16.5th Dimension

Smash Rookie
I'm kinda new to Brawl+, I've been playing it for a week now, and I'm trying to compile codes to make a "Lite" version. It's working well, but there's a little bit of code that already exists. I can't find it because it's mixed with other code.

I need the code that prevents helpless falling for the moves that are done so in the official plussery. As in, these:
Code:
Conditional Action Modifier:
	-The following moves do not go into special fall:
		-DK punch
		-Ike aerial sideB when he swings
		-Lucario upB
		-Ness PKT1 
		-Pit upB
		-Yoshi sideB
		-Zelda SideB
Oh, also, the sped up winddowns for tether grabs.
Code:
-Standing tether GRABS (standing ranged grab) have had their end lag sped up:
		- Lucas Standing Grab is now 1.5x faster after hitbox
		- Samus 1.6x wind-down
		- Link 1.5x wind-down
		- Toon Link 1.5x wind-down
		- Lucas 1.5x wind-down 
		- Yoshi 1.5x wind-down
		- Ivysaur 1.2x wind-down

Aesthetic

Smash Cadet
In the Pal .txt file for Brawl+ 4.1B, why doesn't it show the codes for CSS, file replacement, and coloured shields?
I'm kinda wondering, because I downloaded v4.1B, and installed it like it said, and every other code seems to work, except CSS, textures, and coloured shields.

Thanks in advance.
Reposting from page 60, just incase someone can answer it.

Top Bottom