• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Why the heck is Yoshi still so low on everyones lists???
Having the worst tournament outings at present time will never help you in a tier list discussion. Add to that a shield you cannot jump out of, has a hard time playing defensively, a painfully slow grab, and being a large target.

Corigames

Smash Hero
And that he flat out sucks in every Smash game. Nitnedo hates him in fighters, but he's awesome in golf, tennis, karting, etc.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Dis iz mah tire list (Warning, uneducated n00b posting a list):

Worst Character in Brawl Tier
Captain Falcon

Top tier
Snake > Meta Night

Upper tier
G&W > DDD > R.O.B > Marth > Falco

High-high tier
Wario > Wolf > Pikachu > Pit > Lucario

Low-high tier
Olimar > Zelda > Toon Link

Mid tier
DK> Kirby > Ice Climbers > Diddy > Mario > Fox > Lucas > Zamus > Shiek > Luigi

Low tier
Peach > Ness > Sonic > Bowser > Ganondorf > Ike > Link > Samus

Bottom tier
Pokemon Trainer > Yoshi > Jigglypuff

My comments
-Captain Falcon is THE worst character, but he is too manly and awesome to be at the bottom.
-Zelda and tLink are in a different tier than the rest of high tier is because of tourney results. Olimar is in this tier because of sh***y recovery.
-DK is in mid tier because DDD is a VERY hard counter to him. Shiek is in middle tier because outside of KO power she is still decent. Moreso than ZSS IMO; Plus painful combo on the spacies is hax.
-I hate Ike (His tier position has been approved by The King).
-Samus is in low tier because she can somewhat camp, escape with up-b, has has the potential for combos. If she did not have the third worse tournament results, she would be above Link.
-Ivasaur ruins Pokemon Trainer IMO.
Ivysaur ruins Pokemon Trainer, huh? Well dang. I guess having one of the most broken specials, a good projectile, and an awesome spacing move must REALLY bring down a character.

Browny

Smash Hater
ivysaur is the best of the 3 imo.

charizard cant land KO moves and squirtle dies so easily. i never have any trouble against PT users until they bring out ivysaur. honestly, it seems to me people abse all thier judgements on tether recovery = fail.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
charizard cant land KO moves and squirtle dies so easily.
Actually, Upsmash is easy to land and is a kill move, and people don't realize that his down tilt has killing power, because it's JUST THAT DECEPTIVE.

One problem I noticed with Ivysaur while playing as him is that people will manage to DI in order to get knocked away from the initial hit, making Bullet Seed much more difficult to land.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ivysaur is also a tether character, and far more easily punished than Squirtle. Charizard has good approaches, and decent recovery.

Ivysaur isn't the clear worst, but he's not the best either.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
the pokemon trainer is high mid tier.
snake can either be really good or bad. most likely a higher tier with top tier potential.
olimar is low high tier.
space animals will all place very high, Falco being the highest.
Yoshi should really move up to mid tier. hes a lot better, not great but better and some people will start to use him.
dedede will be high midtier or low high tier.
Samus will drop to low mid tier, or high low tier.
MK will be high tier.
Pit will be High Tier.
Ike has high tier potentional, we will have to wait longer to see how his game evolves though.
Pikachu is definatly high tier, with TOP tier Potential.
Lucario in a good players hands can be low high tier, but will mostly likely fall into mid tier.
Marth will remain high tier. I still don't think hes good enough to get top though.

These are players i play a lot as, and all of the predications are quite reasonable.

Browny

Smash Hater
all makes sense except ike lol. i think everyone found all the tricks he has within day 1 of release.

although how big are you assuming these tiers? i mean you have an awful lot in high

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
the pokemon trainer is high mid tier.
snake can either be really good or bad. most likely a higher tier with top tier potential.
olimar is low high tier.
space animals will all place very high, Falco being the highest.
Yoshi should really move up to mid tier. hes a lot better, not great but better and some people will start to use him.
dedede will be high midtier or low high tier.
Samus will drop to low mid tier, or high low tier.
MK will be high tier.
Pit will be High Tier.
Ike has high tier potentional, we will have to wait longer to see how his game evolves though.
Pikachu is definatly high tier, with TOP tier Potential.
Lucario in a good players hands can be low high tier, but will mostly likely fall into mid tier.
Marth will remain high tier. I still don't think hes good enough to get top though.

These are players i play a lot as, and all of the predications are quite reasonable.

*Facepalm*

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Top:

Snake
Meta Knight
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Falco
R.O.B.

High:

King Dedede
Toon Link
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Kirby
Pit
Olimar
Wario
Donkey Kong

Middle:

Fox
Luigi
Zero Suit Samus
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Lucas
Bowser
Mario
Yoshi
Ness

Low:

Peach
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Shiek
Samus
Sonic
Link

Bottom:

Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captian Falcon

As with the others, this list is open to praise or criticism.

mirkdddlhppr

Smash Cadet
EDIT: I forgot to mention that the characters are in NO PARTICULAR ORDER. I haven't legitimately played as all characters at their full potential enough to decide exact placings. ;)

Top:

Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Snake
Meta Knight
Falco
Toon Link

High:

King Dedede
R.O.B.
Pikachu
Luigi
Wolf
Diddy Kong
Pit
Olimar
Wario
Donkey Kong

Middle:

Fox
Ice Climbers
Zero Suit Samus
Lucario
Zelda
Lucas
Bowser
Link
Ness

Low:

Peach
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Shiek
Samus
Sonic
Mario

Bottom:

Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Yoshi
Captain Falcon

Maybe PT to bottom. Lol.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Zelda needs more attention in this thread. People simply state that she has no approach and disgard her. She has an average approach, but thanks to her defensive options she will NEVER NEED TO!

JrdnS

Smash Ace
Top:

Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Snake
Meta Knight
Falco
Toon Link

High:

King Dedede
R.O.B.
Pikachu
Luigi
Wolf
Diddy Kong
Pit
Olimar
Wario
Donkey Kong

Middle:

Fox
Ice Climbers
Zero Suit Samus
Lucario
Zelda
Lucas
Bowser
Link
Ness

Low:

Peach
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Shiek
Samus
Sonic
Mario

Bottom:

Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Yoshi
Captain Falcon

Maybe PT to bottom. Lol.
woah. what is up with your top. game and watch number 1. i think your being biased if you main him. im assuming you do because hes you symbol thing. game and watch is great and he is one of my mains but not the best. he should be third. and snake is definitley number 1 and metaknight number 2. marth is probably like number 5 and falco is maybe 4 or so. the rest looks pretty ok execpt for a few mistakes here and there.

Served

Smash Rookie
Okey, been reading this thing for awhile now and its about time I post my own tier list. Will only include top and high, cause quite frankly thats all that matters.

Top:
Pikachu
Snake
Meta Knight

High:
Falco
R.O.B
Game and Watch
Marth
DDD

Now you may say wtf is Pika doing in Top, and if you do, it only shows on thing. You have never played against a good Pikachu player.
A good pikachu player is almost imposible to beat in a series. Why? Cause he can outcamp EVERY other char in the game, not to mention a completely broken down smash. Very good recovery, good arial game and a u-b attack that makes you pull out your own hair in frustration. Oh yeah, chain grab anyone? When a pro player learns to use all theese things thats when you realise how crazy pikachu really is. Hopefully someone good will start using him in tournies soon, and get away with some easy top three placements. And no I am not a fanboy, I am just one of many in a group of friends tired and frustrated at how imba that little mouse can be.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
pikachu isnt top tier but he is pretty good against snake.( definitely not saying hes better) hes high tier. he has a disadvantage over like 8 other characters. you may be thinking of smash 64 if you put pika as number 1. lol

Grunt

Smash Master
Now you may say wtf is Pika doing in Top, and if you do, it only shows on thing. You have never played against a good Pikachu player.
I stopped reading here.
This is the most pathetic excuse and is being abused by noobs everywhere.
Pikachu is not Top, end discussion.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
TOP:

Metaknight
Snake

High:

G&W
ROB
Falco
Pit