• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Hell I wouldn't even say Ike is mid. More like low.

The better the opponent gets, the easier he is to beat. Once you get into metagame levels, Ike is ****ed
despite shiek being subpar as well... watch a shiek vs. ike matchup and tell countinue trying to say ike is top tier...

everyone's right, ike is meh at best, though he certainly is at the top of the game for n00bs

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Snake is gonna continue to win tourneys left and right, not only is he a really good character, but he's easily one of the most popular characters in the game. Mario may have more fans, but Snake plays better and many Mario fans are also Snake fans. The coupling of Snake being so ridiculously good and his huge fanbase means that he's gonna stay near that top spot longer than Sheik in Melee.

How many of us are going to be in line for the Kirby Wii release? No one? Thought so. How many of us are going to be in line for the MGS4 midnight release? A whole helluva lot of us. Snake is gonna stay on top because he's so frickin popular and he's good at the same time.
Maybe because Kirby Wii was cancelled a long time ago?

Anyways tell me what you guys think about Donkey Kong.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
DK has range, power, good aerials, and great grabs. He lacks a vertical recovery, and a projectile (unless you count his down B, which I don't)

I think he's better than people now are giving him credit for, but maybe bottom of high, top of mid...

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
I remember seeing a list that is being currently made about a couple weeks ago, but I don't know where to find it again. Anybody know where I can find the most recent updated list?

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Well it's a list being developed...I think it's from Japan tournaments or something like that. Or you still have no idea what I'm talking about? :ohwell:

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I'm not going to discuss the actual tier position as I don't want to get into a long argument with stubborn posters, and the intelligent posters will likely give comments far better and more useful than mine. But I would like to make a suggestion for laughs. Look at the first 30 or so pages of this thread. Absolutely hilarious.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Mini tier lists for the hell of it.

People who can eat you tiers

Top Tier
Wario

High Tier
Dedede

Mid Tier
Kirby

Low Tier
Yoshi

Pokemon Tier List

Top Tier
Pikachu

Mid Tier
Lucario
Squirtle

Low Tier
Charizard

Bottom Tier
Ivysaur
Jigglypuff

Hammer Tier List

Top Tier
Game and Warch

High Tier
Dedede

Mid High Tier
Climbers

Mid Tier
Kirby

Swordsmen Tier List
Top Tier
Metaknight

High Tier
Marth

Mid Tier
Toon Link

Low Tier
Ike

Bottom Tier
Link

Female Tier List

Top Tier
Zelda
Zamus

Mid Tier
Peach

Bottom Tier
Nana
Jigglypuff

Exposed Nipple Tier
Top Tier
Captain Falcon
Zamus when being hit with Ice Climbers Down B.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
how about this everyone in here but 13 of you exscluding the mods and elitist are noobs

*Does inifinite CG to Samus with DDD*

you should go to texas and play tgm he's like the second best samus in the world correygames

Corigames

Smash Hero
I guess you are talking about melee considering Samus isn't in Brawl?

I think you are confused by my sig. and avatar. I love Metroid. I love Samus. I play Samus in melee. I didn't like her in Brawl, so I switched to Pit. But, I like her so much, I left my sig and avatar as is. Confusing, I know.

But, hell yeah I'd like to play anyone I can! Problem is, our network won't let me play online. You don't know how sad I am that I don't even get to play random people online!

Did I infer correctly now? Or what?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
corey samus in melee was good. pit in brawl...well... lol.

anyway samus in brawl isnt that bad. bottom tier duh but still... zss rox tho lol true combos with that anoying down smash and her fsmash range is huuuge

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Her f-smash range might be "huuuge" but it has crap damage. And d-smash is hard to hit with even if true combos rox with anoyingness.

Anyway, I'd like to have a quaint discussion on Wario. I've totally underestimated this guy from the beginning and I still don't really understand him, but is he good enough to be high tier? Thoughts appreciated.

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Her f-smash range might be "huuuge" but it has crap damage. And d-smash is hard to hit with even if true combos rox with anoyingness.

Anyway, I'd like to have a quaint discussion on Wario. I've totally underestimated this guy from the beginning and I still don't really understand him, but is he good enough to be high tier? Thoughts appreciated.
Seriously...I think Wario being so worthy caught everyone off guard lol. He's really tough and has strong attacks. Also he can last a while too. O_o

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
Wario, i think, caught everyone off guard. His attacks are quick and strong, he has an excellent recovery, perhaps one of the most annoying moves in this game. He looks to be a candidate of even top tier!

Kit-Tsukasa

Smash Cadet
Wario, i think, caught everyone off guard. His attacks are quick and strong, he has an excellent recovery, perhaps one of the most annoying moves in this game. He looks to be a candidate of even top tier!
I doubt Top tier. Maybe Mid Tier or High Tier due to poor vertical recovery (fart usually won't get charged soon enough so can't really include that as part of recovery. It also wrecks Wario on Melee stages since he ends up killing himself on a lot of them) and his horizontal recovery is easily wrecked if he doesn't have the bike. He does last for a long time though with the exception of against certain characters like Fox, Ike, and Marth (if tipped). However, his moves are indeed strong and he's got a nice spike (?) I think.

My (personal) updated tier list (characters not listed in any specific order):

Top Tier:
-Toon Link
-Zelda
-Marth
-Snake
-Falco
-R.O.B.

High Tier:
-Mr. Game and Watch
-MetaKnight
-Kirby
-Luigi
-Diddy Kong
-Ike
-Olimar
-Ness
-Lucas
-Pit
-Pikachu
-Lucario
-King Dedede

Mid Tier:
-Wario
-Pokemon Trainer (Overall)
-Shiek
-Mario
-Bowser
-Donkey Kong
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Jigglypuff
-Fox

Low Tier:
-Peach
-Captain Falcon
-Wolf

Bottom Tier:
-Sonic
-Yoshi
-Link

Comments? Wolf and Pit maybe out of place though....

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
I doubt Top tier. Maybe Mid Tier or High Tier due to poor vertical recovery (fart usually won't get charged soon enough so can't really include that as part of recovery. It also wrecks Wario on Melee stages since he ends up killing himself on a lot of them) and his horizontal recovery is easily wrecked if he doesn't have the bike. He does last for a long time though with the exception of against certain characters like Fox, Ike, and Marth (if tipped). However, his moves are indeed strong and he's got a nice spike (?) I think.

My (personal) updated tier list (characters not listed in any specific order):

Top Tier:
-Toon Link
-Zelda
-Marth
-Snake
-Falco
-R.O.B.

High Tier:
-Mr. Game and Watch
-MetaKnight
-Kirby
-Luigi
-Diddy Kong
-Ike
-Olimar
-Ness
-Lucas
-Pit
-Pikachu
-Lucario
-King Dedede

Mid Tier:
-Wario
-Pokemon Trainer (Overall)
-Shiek
-Mario
-Bowser
-Donkey Kong
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Samus
-Ice Climbers
-Jigglypuff
-Fox

Low Tier:
-Peach
-Captain Falcon
-Wolf

Bottom Tier:
-Sonic
-Yoshi
-Link

Comments? Wolf and Pit maybe out of place though....

Fox, Wolf, and Ice climbers are too low, and Zelda is too high. I'm to lazy to point out the other things wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom