• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Brawl Tier Discussion (OP Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy750

Smash Rookie
Here is something for you guys to tear apart.

Top:
Snake
MK

High-High:
G&W
Marth
ROB
Falco

Mid-High:
Toon Link
Dedede
Climbers

Low-High:
Pikachu
Zelda

Mid High:
Pit
Diddy Kong
Zamus
Fox
Wario
Olimar
Luigi

Mid Mid:
Wolf
Kirby
Squirtle*
Lucario
Ike
Lucas

Low Mid:
Sheik
Charizard*
Ness
Mario
DK
Bowser
Ptrainer (composite)

Low:
Sonic
Peach
Link
Yoshi

Very low:
C.Falcon
Ivysaur*
Samus
G-dorf
Jiggly
Ike is NOT Mid-mid.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Pit's arrows are too fast for her to spam Din's fire against. Any time you try it he can hit you with an arrow. Pit is better off up close.

Falco likewise can peg you with a couple of lasers if you try Din's fire and again is a bit better on the close game. Not a tremendous advantage but its there.

Zelda doesn't have any particular disadvantage against the iceclimbers but their chaingrabs give them overall more advantageous matchups than Zelda.

G&W has a pretty good advantage over Zelda. His bucket prevents Din's fire spam and his quick, disjointed f and b airs and overall aggressiveness is pretty hard for Zelda to deal with.

MK's speed is very hard for Zelda to handle. Its not a particular problem with Zelda MK is just better than most characters and Zelda isn't an exception.

Same with Snake. He's just better than the rest of the cast. Din's fire spam is hard to do with explosions all around you. Snake can KO Zelda fairly easily and Zelda has a harder time KOing him due to weight and recovery.

Toon Link isn't that much better than Zelda. Probably abouot even but Toon Link is a more well rounded character and his combination of projectiles and a decent close game gives him better matchups overall.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Pit's arrows are too fast for her to spam Din's fire against. Any time you try it he can hit you with an arrow. Pit is better off up close.

Falco likewise can peg you with a couple of lasers if you try Din's fire and again is a bit better on the close game. Not a tremendous advantage but its there.

she can quite easily reflect both their projectiles if they insist on trying to outcamp her. Also, she pretty clearly beats falco on the ground, and, it's close, but she edges out pit too

Zelda doesn't have any particular disadvantage against the iceclimbers but their chaingrabs give them overall more advantageous matchups than Zelda.

I'd argue her din's fire gives her just as much of an advantage on them... besides, she's hard to get inside and grab in the first place.

G&W has a pretty good advantage over Zelda. His bucket prevents Din's fire spam and his quick, disjointed f and b airs and overall aggressiveness is pretty hard for Zelda to deal with.

true, she has problems with him. But he's still not a counter to zelda, just an advanyageous matchup

MK's speed is very hard for Zelda to handle. Its not a particular problem with Zelda MK is just better than most characters and Zelda isn't an exception.

well, ys, MK is better on the whole, but zelda provides pecial problems for MK. She outprioritizes, outranges and outpowers almost all of his attacks, plus her Usmash negates his air-to-ground game and punishes missed shuttle loop KOs. Also, he has no response to din's fire, and zelda has a few moves which will penetrate mach tornado. only because he's naturally so good is zelda not advantaged here.

Same with Snake. He's just better than the rest of the cast. Din's fire spam is hard to do with explosions all around you. Snake can KO Zelda fairly easily and Zelda has a harder time KOing him due to weight and recovery.

Zelda can outcamp snake with din's fire normally actually. Snake prefers not to approach. Also, Nayru's love reflects his Usmash and her recovery is hard if not impossible for him to edgeguard. He does better against her than metaknight, but it's still essentially an even matchup

Toon Link isn't that much better than Zelda. Probably abouot even but Toon Link is a more well rounded character and his combination of projectiles and a decent close game gives him better matchups overall.

I think Zelda's actually the one with better matchups

comments in blue ;)

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Pit can outcamp Zelda if need to be. Anytime she uses Din's fire he can hit her with an arrow. As for reflecting it she can but there is noticable lag on Nayru's love that can be taken advantage of.

Valid point against the Iceclimbers but again I think their chaingrabs warrant an overall higher position.

MK does overall have better matchups than MK and I think that his speed gives her serious problems here. She's not dominated but he he's better. Din's fire can be hard to land on him just based on his speed.

I actually didn't know that his Usmash could be reflected. Useful info thanks! Still his overall strength and speed gives him an advantage.

As for Toon Link I guess we'll see how the matchups work out as the competitive scene is better developed. I hope you're right seeing as Zelda is my main.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
MK does overall have better matchups than MK and I think that his speed gives her serious problems here. She's not dominated but he he's better. Din's fire can be hard to land on him just based on his speed.
well of course MK deserves a higher spot in the tier list, however, in a 1 v. 1 match, I think it's a pretty even matchup... maybe even the tiniest bit in zelda's favour since she has a lot of special problems for MK...

with snake it's the other way around because she poses so few special problems.

honestly MK's speed is the only thing saving him from complete decimation at the hands of zelda... it's a big factor, but it isn't big enough to give him an advantage. din's fire FORCES him to approach, and zelda is someone even MK has a tough time approaching.

I've played against MKs, and as long as you stay defensive, this match is not overly difficult.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
Here is something for you guys to tear apart.

Top:
Snake
MK

High-High:
G&W
Marth
ROB
Falco

Mid-High:
Toon Link
Dedede
Climbers

Low-High:
Pikachu
Zelda

Mid High:
Pit
Diddy Kong
Zamus
Fox
Wario
Olimar
Luigi

Mid Mid:
Wolf
Kirby
Squirtle*
Lucario
Ike
Lucas

Low Mid:
Sheik
Charizard*
Ness
Mario
DK
Bowser
Ptrainer (composite)

Low:
Sonic
Peach
Link
Yoshi

Very low:
C.Falcon
Ivysaur*
Samus
G-dorf
Jiggly
Switch Pikachu & Dedede, & put Olimar in mid-high. Put Wario & Wolf in low-high, & switch Kirby & Fox. The rest is, for the most part, okay.

Pieisthebest

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0430-8304-2774
Coments please ;_;

God-Strength Tier:
Snake
Meta Knight

Top-Strength Tier:
R.O.B.
Toon Link
Falco
Zelda
Pit
Pikachu

Really-High-Strength Tier:
Pikmin & Olimar
Mr. Game & Watch
Dedede
Marth

High-Strength Tier:
Zero Suit Samus
Wolf
Wario
Ice climbers
Diddy Kong

Middle-Strength Tier:
Fox
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Luigi
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Shiek
Ike

Low-Strength Tier:
Mario
Jigglypuff
Bowser
Lucas
Ness
Samus

Really-Low_Strength Tier:
Link
Sonic
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

LOL WHAT?

You cannot be serious..... I'm pretty sure just about everyone has an advantage over the piece of crap CF has basicially become. Ganon at least makes every hit worth it, and has a viable approach and Tech chasing ability. CF doesn't even have that.....

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Ganon is decent. He's definately low/bottom tier, but he is very capable of fighting and doing some neat stuff.
CF just sucks. It should be a disclaimer in this thread. No, in this forum.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I wouldn't even say Ganon is "decent", he's crap. At least he's above Cpt Falcon.
And don't tell me I "don't know how to use them right".

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I wouldn't even say Ganon is "decent", he's crap. At least he's above Cpt Falcon.
And don't tell me I "don't know how to use them right".
even captain falcon... clearly the worst, is not "crap" I don't think... not by most standards of the word... just as niether MK nor snake is "god"

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^You don't use him right :p

yeah, even though falcon isn't unplayable, compared to every other character he isn't as good. I mean, a skilled player could take down a worse on with falcon/ganon, but why do that when you could walk all over them with any other character.

Ganon has a good tech-chase, and an occasional 50% combo. At least he hsa that going for him >_<
Falcon just has a decent speed, but that doesn't really help him much

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
^^ Also he at least has Ganoncide, even though it's not that useful.

And MK is certainly not god, but Snake is at least a saint.

His Flame choke to Wizard's Foot/Dair isn't a slouch either >_>.

Altough I kinda have trouble with auto-cancelling with hm because I'm so used to a character like Meta-Knight where lag isn't in your vocabulary.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
His Flame choke to Wizard's Foot/Dair isn't a slouch either >_>.

Altough I kinda have trouble with auto-cancelling with hm because I'm so used to a character like Meta-Knight where lag isn't in your vocabulary.
if you are an MK, lag should be a very familiar part of your vocab

it's often used in the phrase "I will now punish my foe's lag"

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
People.... Brawl CF >>> Melee Pichu. Brawl CF is GOD compared to Pichu.
No, actually Melee Mewtwo is godly compared to Brawl Captain Falcon. So is Pichu.

Both Mewtwo and Pichu actually have priority. They also have projectile spam. Pichu in particular has non-telegraphed kill moves, and some pretty strong ones. Mewtwo has amazing throws.

Captain Falcon in Brawl doesn't have any of those advantages.

I said earlier if I thought anyone was worse than Falcon, it was Ivysaur, but I really dunno. I said Ivysaur was worse because it lacked ANY recovery and because its damage output was the worst ever, but eh.

Ganondorf is clearly better than Falcon with his superior combos and kill options. Yeah, he has more and better legit combos than Falcon.

The fact Ganondorf can autocancel D-airs gives him an attack that can do everything, while Falcon doesn't have anything close to doing that.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Coments please ;_;

God-Strength Tier:
Snake
Meta Knight

Top-Strength Tier:
R.O.B.
Toon Link
Falco
Zelda
Pit
Pikachu

Really-High-Strength Tier:
Pikmin & Olimar
Mr. Game & Watch
Dedede
Marth

High-Strength Tier:
Zero Suit Samus
Wolf
Wario
Ice climbers
Diddy Kong

Middle-Strength Tier:
Fox
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Luigi
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Shiek
Ike

Low-Strength Tier:
Mario
Jigglypuff
Bowser
Lucas
Ness
Samus

Really-Low_Strength Tier:
Link
Sonic
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Here's my only comment...Yoshi? why does every tier list leave out one character?

St. Viers

Smash Champion
It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's!
SARCASM!!!!
It was sarcasm generated by you being peeved that I insulted you, and trying to out "zing" me. But it failed. Cause by making it sound like I was saying ganon's 50% combo made him good, you just made yourself look stupid ;)

Lesson: when trying to spar wittily, make sure that you don't type something stupid, even if it sounded cool when you first thought of it ;)

Grunt

Smash Master
No, i already knew about the murder combo, it's not new to me, i was being a smart-***.

Lesson: when trying to spar wittily, make sure that you don't type something stupid, even if it sounded cool when you first thought of it ;)

Ditto can go for you too.

the internet is confusing.
we need tone of voice, or meaningless arguments will arise.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
pretty much.

plus, ganon is top tier. I mean, his run exudes confidence, and who are we to argue?
ganon has a run? He has a purposeful walk... but I've never seen him "run" at least not in a way that wouldn't shame me as a cross-country runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom