• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
My tier list:

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

But seriously, my tier list would be Olimar and IC's a bit lower, and Zelda being dead last. :)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
My Tier list (with better names)

Top Tier
S: :metaknight:

High Tier
A: :diddy: :popo: :olimar: :snake:
B: :falco: :pikachu2: :wario: :marth:

Mid Tier
C: :zerosuitsamus: :lucario: :dedede: :toonlink: :gw: (in any order for all I care)
D: :peach: :fox: :pit: :wolf: :sheik: (in any order for all I care, except for Sheik)

Low Tier
E: :rob: :kirby2: :dk2: :ike:
F: :ness2: :sonic: :luigi2: :pt: :yoshi2:

Bottom tier
G: :lucas: :mario2: :samus2:
H: :zelda: :link2: :jigglypuff: :falcon: :ganondorf: (former three in any order for all I care)

Also a condensed version (since this list is very official):
Top Tier
S: Meta Knight

High Tier
A: Diddy Kong, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Snake
B: Falco, Wario, Pikachu, Marth

Mid Tier
C: Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, Dedede, Toon Link, Mr. Game and Watch
D: Peach, Fox, Pit, Wolf, Sheik

Low Tier
E: Rob, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Ike
F: Ness, Sonic, Luigi, Pokemon Trainer, Yoshi

Bottom Tier
G: Lucas, Mario, Samus
H: Zelda, Jigglypuff, Link, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
My tier list:

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

But seriously, my tier list would be Olimar and IC's a bit lower, and Zelda being dead last. :)

AHAHAHA, Brawl's first tier list.

Cassio

Smash Master
how the hell can people put pikachu or lucario over wario, that makes no sense.
Wario is a niche character used for niche MUs. He does pretty poorly on his own.

Im also starting to grow less accepting of Marth above Pika when Pika's been placing top 8 or better at nationals for four years while Marth has done so precisely once. Marth needs to do something exceptional at SKTAR.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There's only one Pika that does anything, and he also uses an exceptionally good character (ICs), in comparison, to help him out.

Pika's fine below Marth. :applejack:

Cassio

Smash Master
ESAM does have ICs, but the only national theyve helped him at signifcantly is Apex.

Theres been 3 different pikas thatve placed top 8, and a fourth placed as well as every marth at Apex.

However, the bigger issue is Marths lacking results. Ive sort of been fine with it, but if it hits year 5 Id say 5 years is too long to wait for Marth to have a 'breakout' performance.

Cassio

Smash Master
PikPiks and Anther. Pikas actually been pretty consistent in national results for a long time, the issue then of course was that anther and pikpik were the only pikas.

More recently Z placed 17th at Apex.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This is either trolling or wtf is going on
It actually isn't a troll, I've been playing Peach like forever, and she's always been either my best or second-best character at any given time, I just don't really want to play her because she's so bad.

I actually mained her in melee, but back then I didn't really know **** about Smash.

There's even a very old video of me playing Peach on youtube somewhere...

uh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWrFX10jVVY

here.. super old, but yeah that was my peach in like 2010

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
There's only one Pika that does anything, and he also uses an exceptionally good character (ICs), in comparison, to help him out.

Pika's fine below Marth. :applejack:
I don't think it's fair to expect niche characters like Pikachu to have 100 players when he has to compete with like MK, Snake, etc.

You have to remember that these characters have been popular for a really long time because they were considered top tier back in the day, so they have a lot of players now.

Given that Pikachu isn't even a popular character I think it's pretty impressive that there are 2-3 successful Pikachus out there and one placing at top levels. Compare to Marth who never places higher than like 17th anywhere but europe. :awesome:

Also double post

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Tier list clearly takes foreign results, so I guess that justifies Marth over Pika. :p :applejack:

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
I am having large amounts of sad faces at the underrating of Wario in this thread. The things in particular that annoy me in the last few pages are Dabuz's tier list and this post

Wario is a niche character used for niche MUs. He does pretty poorly on his own.
Seriously Cassio. I want an explanation to why you think Wario sucks on his own. He has a great MU spread vs high and top tiers and wins vs almost everyone below (obviously the exceptions are Peach, Sheik, and Yoshi). The only reason why I could understand this thinking is the next to nonexistent top level representation.

allshort17

Smash Ace
I am having large amounts of sad faces at the underrating of Wario in this thread. The things in particular that annoy me in the last few pages are Dabuz's tier list and this post

Seriously Cassio. I want an explanation to why you think Wario sucks on his own. He has a great MU spread vs high and top tiers and wins vs almost everyone below (obviously the exceptions are Peach, Sheik, and Yoshi). The only reason why I could understand this thinking is the next to nonexistent top level representation.
Don't forget about Dedede.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
D3, Marth, and MK are the only exceptions to his solid MUs in high and top tier. Olimar, ICs, and Falco have been argued to be in their favor vs Wario(if only slightly in their favor)but I'm not going to argue whether they are or not here.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Don't forget this tier list seems to consider a metagame played played in pretty much 3 stages only.
Cutting off the stagelist really hurts Wario.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I personally wouldnt say the lack of stages makes Wario weaker, but I think he means the lack of CPs like Brinstar means Wario doesnt have that godlike CP anymore.

Also, the first tier list feels more like an 'Ease to play' ranking imo lol. That's why characters like GW who is so one dimensional (lul puns) and D3 who is mostly dthrow and bair were so much higher, but characters like Sonic who takes lots of tech skill and mind games and Yoshi who is so awkward and also tech heavy are so much lower. While it isnt 100% accurate, the list imo looks for the most part like a list of how easy it is too succeed with a character after just a minimal amount of practice lol. Well, I guess I should say its more of a learning curve thing, as characters like ROB, although you can get through a lot of people with sidestep > dsmash and ftilt, will still have a hard time until you learn to do a lot more with the character, just getting to a decent level on ROB is easier than a lot of other characters imo.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Man, Gimpyfish is really smart about gaming.

It was cool how he mentioned the Game and Watch Complex.

Although, I think King Dedede has some more potential to go for him. Probably not as much as someone with a lot of potential like Yoshi, but a few more things D3's can adapt to. I think he's potentially one of the most tech skilled characters in the game with his Buffered Pivot Grab on Snake and Dash Dance Pivot Grab on Yoshi (A similar form to Buffered Pivot Grab). Players can also adapt for Waddle Dee Throw a lot more since it's such a unique projectile. He also has many situational strategies like wall and slope infinites. It seems like there's still more ppl can learn about D3 frame data wise and even a little strategic.
I personally wouldnt say the lack of stages makes Wario weaker, but I think he means the lack of CPs like Brinstar means Wario doesnt have that godlike CP anymore.

Also, the first tier list feels more like an 'Ease to play' ranking imo lol. That's why characters like GW who is so 2 dimensional (lul puns) and D3 who is mostly dthrow and bair were so much higher, but characters like Sonic who takes lots of tech skill and mind games and Yoshi who is so awkward and also tech heavy are so much lower. While it isnt 100% accurate, the list imo looks for the most part like a list of how easy it is too succeed with a character after just a minimal amount of practice lol. Well, I guess I should say its more of a learning curve thing, as characters like ROB, although you can get through a lot of people with sidestep > dsmash and ftilt, will still have a hard time until you learn to do a lot more with the character, just getting to a decent level on ROB is easier than a lot of other characters imo.
Dedede has a lot of good cps on Wario like Halberd where you can zero death him in one grab.

Although Wario does have good cps on other characters like RC and Brinstar.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I liked that AiB post from Gimpyfish and i think he had some really solid predictions. While sure, he wasnt correct on everything, like ZSS, Wolf, Sonic (although he did say he felt he could be wrong on this one), etc, he still was pretty damn close. AND I LIKED HIS PREDICTION ON YOSHI, AND I AGREE, only I think it's more he'll end up a solid mid in the end lol.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I mean I don't really care for Tier lists anymore, but I just feel that R.O.B should be above Peach and Pit. I truly believe that R.O.B destroys those two characters and they are countered by the same characters if not more than R.O.B.

Other than that, I like how the Tier list turned out.

Kimidori

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers are WAYYYY too low. Diddy Kong is WAYYYY too high. Olimar and IC's are 2nd and 3rd best (TBH I think IC's are better, but I'm fine with them being 3rd if they were). Glad we incorporated more of Japan's play into this. Decent list. I are not dissapoint.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Does anyone think that top tier (includes S,A,B tiers) is too stacked?
I don't think the characters in B tier should be there

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom