• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Well we could still play on Friday then, right? I would want a better place to smash at than Tai's though since it would only be 4-10. Anyone have any ideas? I want to play longer...
The thing is that I don't think we're able to smash on Friday. I will ask Shiv about it, though.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i should study for the psat's!? god **** it! its next week! and i dont what im supposed to be studying! **** im going to do bad. :(
It doesn't matter if you do bad

The only thing that matters is if you achieve National Merit Semifinalist (or Commended, I GUESS, but that's a really mediocre award).

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
By scoring in the top.... 99.5 or so percentile.

You have to get a certain score, and the score varies depending on state. It was 210 this year for Arizona, but i think it's like, 215 to 225ish for a lot of the EC states.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
psat's are gross. i'm glad i did well on mine. this dude was copying off me though, ahaha.

i would say that studying more would not help this late into the game. except math. brushing up on math is probably for the best, but writing and reading should be skills you already have by now. i'm not so sure that you would vastly improve upon studying for a week. math is different, though.

**** up the psat, guys.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
probably ASU (almost definitely)

i might apply to Columbia University and UCB, but I don't really want to leave everyone in AZ :(

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Lol if you're going to a school instate, why all the hype over the SAT? Is there a scholarship you're looking for?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Lol if you're going to a school instate, why all the hype over the SAT? Is there a scholarship you're looking for?
Uhhh, well, I sorta want to get the Flinn Scholarship. I don't know how much if at all an increase in my SAT scores would help my chances at getting it.

Also, another reason is because...

I didn't use my SAT score reports the first time I took the test

So I asked my counselor to give me a fee waiver for this SAT test, so I could just use the score reports that came with this one LOLL(as opposed to paying for score reports)

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Uhhh, well, I sorta want to get the Flinn Scholarship. I don't know how much if at all an increase in my SAT scores would help my chances at getting it.

Also, another reason is because...

I didn't use my SAT score reports the first time I took the test

So I asked my counselor to give me a fee waiver for this SAT test, so I could just use the score reports that came with this one LOLL(as opposed to paying for score reports)
What if you get a worse score?

COOPER

Smash Apprentice
So I'm planning on bringing back the Tucson Melee Weeklies, if any of you remember those at my old apartment. Jade and I have a pretty big house with a couple setups ready to go, so it would work out rather nicely. Round Robin's can happen if there is a consistent turnout. Otherwise just a friendlies session once a week to keep SSBM in Tucson strong.

Any questions/comments/suggestions - Call either me at (520)331-9362 or Jade (520)904-8341

My AIM - tbmcclary01

Do it.

Top Bottom