• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mission Statement: "The purpose of this thread is to promote competitive Melee in the Arizona scene, to influence the surrounding area(s), to help expand the community, and for out of state players to recognize the AZ community."

--V3ctorMan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AZ Melee Power Rankings

1) Axe
2) Taj
3) Silly Kyle
4) TAI
5) Forward
6) V3ctorman
7) Mizuki
8) Medz
9) Corigames
10) Maxxpower

------------------------------------------------------------
Honorable Mention(s)

SmurfyEXE
Omar
Neon

-------------------------------------------------------------

Inactive AZ Players

Wobbles :icsmelee:
GG7 :falconmelee:
Jetfour :falconmelee: :sheikmelee:

--------------------------------------------------------------

AZ at Heart

Wobbles :icsmelee:
Light :peach:
Joey! :falco::fox:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panelists: V3ctorMan, Silly Kyle, Jetfour, Tai

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Rankings Related

This Season (2013-2014) were going to try and give the PR a different approach. Majority of the PR thus far is based off the same criteria we've used in the past, however only for the 2013-14 season. (Knowing this, these rankings are based off of tournament placing(s) and other criteria. This gives the panelist a more up to date/accurate understanding of judgment within the community, since the old PR was not updated for about 2 years. This is how I want the regulations for this aspect of the PR (if successful/agreed upon), so we don't face this dilemma again.

Rankings will be updated at LEAST bimonthly (emphasis on the words AT LEAST) meaning monthly updates are possible with proper relevance. On average we only have AZ tournaments once per month, but with tournaments with large turnouts etc... with majority of AZ players, there's absolutely no need to procrastinate update(s) even if all players aren't involved. I will not jeopardize "delaying" an update on something just because all players were not involved. (This is the exact reason, why updates took so long in the first place, and I won't tolerate that) For such a competitive state, we shouldn't have that as a problem. Of course there are some exceptions etc.

For consistency purposes, it's highly important to attend AZ tournaments as often as possible. When player(s) miss consecutive tournaments when debates are being disputed, it makes placings in the PR much more complicated than it needs to be. With this in mind, there will be a set grace period allowed of "two CONSECUTIVE tournaments" that a player is allowed to miss before a forfeiture of placing(s) is initiated (if the player is in discussion/jeopardy of losing their spot/being overtaken) Hopefully this will keep the community motivated/dedicated for consistent attendance, and will give the panel a much easier time setting disputes. Of course, there are SOME exceptions to this as well. (i.e. "Life Johns" but it's the best system I can think of to maintain an accurate and up to date PR.)

The rankings may enforce a "ranking battle" system where we ask certain players to play out matches at the next tournament, provided that they do not play in tournament. These will count like tournament matches, and they will help panelists fill in knowledge gaps that make ranking more difficult.

For these AZ Power Rankings. OoS results will have minimum relevance as we aren't necessarily using any sort of leverage in that manner. Indeed OoS results are highly valuable, for these PR's they will not help influence or deter placings in our AZ Power Rankings. I have an idea on how to incorporate OoS experience into our PR for individuals that may value this, however, it will be completely different from the original AZ power rankings. (More to come on this subject later.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent Tournaments

kabloodysun

Smash Apprentice
chaos theory it says under ur avatar that ur from texas U TRAITOR wait oh yea! ur moving here nvm
i also like cheese

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
No Im in Arizona *looks around shiftily* nah, I just moved up here and found out there is a huge smash following at my college. They arent all that great but they are learning. Anyway, AZ smash here I come.

"black mamba"

Smash Journeyman
*!!*NOT UNTIL THE 24TH*!!*

CHANGES:
tournament must be held back until the 24th this month, next week.

will be held at the game crazy after all (not my house).

WINNINGS :
1st.....45%
2nd....25%
3rd.....10%
4th.....free soda of MY choice

DON'T P!$$ OFF THE STORE:
(these things were problems last time there was a tournament at this store)

don't mess around with the games on the shelves.

don't leave your trash around.

do not say bad words.

no throwing your controller.

be there on time!

expect tournament to be long (like many hours long)

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
I am considering having a small smash fest/tourney at my apartment in Tempe. I just want to see if enough people would be interested in attending before deciding any dates or anything.

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
i was thinking of playing smash a lot lately...........but there are no az tournys.......come on...........is anyone willing to come to tucson for some kind of biweekly like we use to have back in the day...................it would be awesome..........our new house rocks...................so yeah............if theres enough interest..................ill hold a biweekly at my house(im sure my roommates wont mind)..................

p.s............i just want to play chaos theory..........lolz.............

oh yeah.....chaos theory..........if enough people show up to your smashfest/tourny............ill consider bringing some of tucson.....................

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Well I know I can get a bunch of people from my university here to come. I know I can get at least 6-12. They aren't the greatest but they are learning. And hey, thats just more people to take money from. Right now I am just trying to get more of the smash community to attend.

Legion19

Smash Apprentice
Considering I'm ChaosTheory's roommate, I guess I have no choice but to attend, oh well, 'east I don't have to worry about being late. On the other hand, I might not even play but watch instead, cause I suck at Smash n' stuff, so I'd pose like, no challenge to anyone, so just feel free to smack my Peach around if someone just ups and randomly decides to play me.

Fish

Smash Rookie
I would definately come to the gamecraze one, just make sure it happens on the next post

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
well chaos..............when are you going to have it...................i might just show up for the fun of it................

TUCSON BIWEEKLYS

if you would come down for a biweekly.......let me know...........me and ferm are seriously thinking of putting one on

Legion19

Smash Apprentice
I don't even think -he- knows when he's having it, I think he said it's still a "maybe" scenario I'm not sure, right now though I believe he's trying to gather some of his "worshippers" =p from UAT to come over to, at least I heard him drop the suggestion over there, I don't remember what their answers were, I think a few of them said they'd probably attend one if he put it up. ChaosTheory says my Peach doesn't suck and that I'm going to play or he's going to dropkick me but whatever, I don't see skill in my Peach, but I guess I'll take on the challenges. I'll be looking foward to seeing some of the best if he decides to hold a fest over here, and get my *** royally owned....

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
The date I am considering is the 15th of Oct. That way its enough time for people to work things out and not so long as to be too far away >_<. I can however hold it on the 8th if that is more convenient for most of the people. Oh and meda, I will definately come to as many biweeklies as I could humanly make it to.

Legion19

Smash Apprentice
Well there you have it folks, two dates for you to consider. I don't think I'd attend bi-weeklys, I don't think I'd have the time, personally I don't think how CT has the time, maybe it's just his obsession for showing off <_< ahem.... in any case, like I said I'm his roommate so I'm available on any dates =D. I don't know why I'm playing though, I suck at the **** game, oh well, guess I'll know for sure, if I get horribly owned, I'm just putting Peach on the shelf until Revolution comes out, and then hoping to move onto another character, at least I'll be at the same level as everyone else =p

As for "Chaos's" smashfest date considerations, there'll probably be some of his admirers from the university, so like yeah......the apartment'll probably get crowded =p well.......that's if any of them show up. I've heard some things *shrugs*

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Well...I guess I will have it on the 15th...that gives me alittle more time. Time to go make a thread about it so people who dont check this thread in the Az area will see. OH and Legion...you gotta help me advertise at school or something.

Legion19

Smash Apprentice
It's not really hard to advertise your **** tournament Mr. Chaos, we just have to plop you down in front of the gamepods for the next week or so, wait for the herd to come watch your awezome skills, and then tell them right there where they're at. Oh, and like.... Friday all the Gamecube people will be there.... so you can tell them there too, then there's your classes, since you have the majority of them with me... it wouldn't be a problem.

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
if you have it on the 15th ill try and make it............thats a saturday right????........ill just ask for the days off now

"black mamba"

Smash Journeyman
like i was saying, my tournament has to be held back again because the guy manager is taking a vacation :p

and my school work is becoming wuite a lot, so i was thinking about having it on the 15th or the week after. but i'm down for any other tournaments in the area, and i'll still keep posted about my tourney

Dr.GreenThumb

Smash Rookie
Sup guys im really intersted in showing off my skills at one of your tournys so if it goes down just tell me when and where! oh and how much!

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
if you want to play me or any other member of tucson....................we are going to try and make it to the tournys they hold on sundays at gamers zone..............the mesa weeklies thread

Top Bottom