• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL AZ Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 11/27/13)

Furher

Smash Rookie
Training! hey foward, any tips on how we can improve, i've already read some strategies, but they only tell u what to do and what they do.I'd rater be thought by some one who is dam good at the game.....AH!

Furher

Smash Rookie
Hey frodo, I'm gonna come over to our place for some practice! better of had trained, cause I learned some new tricks!...BUAHAHAHA...(random evil laugh)..Puyo!

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
i really just post so my little post number goes up....................

after thanksgiving.....................we are going to a tourny in phx......one of the team win things................i think the 3rd...................

as for a tucson tourny.........its hard to get one going cause..............well................no one fu cking comes......................EVER..........................but we can hold some small little tourny with like a 5 dollar entry fee............and teams..............cause like.............no one plays teams anymore............................i think it could have a decent turn out..........with nogales................and maybe treeko......................if he stops talking to the trees...............

Furher

Smash Rookie
Hahaha, sounds like a good idea, we might attend if we have transpotation up there. Aha! one more point on my posts! TREEs DONT TALK!

Furher

Smash Rookie
Hey.......ummmmm.......Oh theres a rumor going around Nogales that there might be a Tournament held by a local game store, details are still scarse , and the Maneger of the store is still not sure if he/she should do it. I'll( or we'll ) try to convince him/her to host it, so that maybe we could uncover more Smashers down here in Nogales. Bahahaha....Later!

P.S.If this happens I hope the Tucson team attends and some of Rio Rico's Smashers too.

Treeko

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I talk to trees. I don't even think I'm attracted to trees. But a smash tournament, I will be attracted to that... or something.

the_kr3w

Smash Rookie
MARIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes trees are stalkers..........anyways hope you all can attend if this tourney happens ^_^ MUAHAHAHA!

Furher

Smash Rookie
Hey kr3w, im gonna need your convincing powers in order to try and make his tournament happen, you have to help me convince the manager of the store. UNITED, THEY WILL FALL!.....................................oh sorry, too much Call of Duty...Later!

P.S. Maybe if we get more smashers to come with us we could....uummm...have an easier time convincing the manager dude.

the_kr3w

Smash Rookie
yeah i dont think wel have a hard time but the fat guy might be a problem hes gay....but still if we ask the arabian guy hel say yes we can go today or something
KAKASON!

forward

Smash Champion
well there is a lot to teach about falco, it's best if you ask specific questions

but just learn to short hop laser while moving forward, learn combos after shines, and learn to l cancel, those are the best general tips i can tell you

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Nah, it's only important with characters like Kirby, DK, G&W, and Pichu. Luigi is actually up there too, in my book. Sliding Taunt ftw.

Furher

Smash Rookie
Taunt?....I,m confused , I 've kind of improved now ,I can shine cancel faster and combo after that, but im still incorporating WDing into my attacks, i'm only using it for dashing out of attacks or to get in shine attacks, what other purposes and combos can I use it for? Im still having a hard time using the SHL attack, any tips on that, like how to press buttons or something? Thanks for the tips foward.

Furher

Smash Rookie
Oh! and next time we meet, foward, Medafighter X and the rest of the team , We'll try to put on a good match............ I hope. :laugh:

Treeko

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, hurry up and organize the next tourny, you Tucson d00ds.

It will be "Nogales and Tucson only, and Treeko".

Medafighter X

Smash Journeyman
well...................im in winslow right now...............so a tourny would be hard to throw......................

if you guys in nogales can put something together at that game store............post up a date..............and i can ask for the day off..............................

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Hmmm It has been a while since ive gone to a tourney...so I guess if you guys from Nogales throw one, I can try to show also....I still want revenge on Meda for beating me at the last tourney I was at....|>amn...samus'.....that goes for you also Treeko

EDIT: And what is JesusFreak doing on this thread....Wrong state man...go back to texas :p

forward

Smash Champion
It's hard to explain WDing with Falco. Running in and WD back is good like you already do. It's really just good for movement, you can get around where you need to be to attack a lot faster if you can wd well. You can do things like WD back into up tilt, WD away into shl, shine wd back anything (f tilt works good).

Shl is just practice, that's all there is to it, no shortcuts. It's really not that hard though. The sequence is run forward, jump, return the stick to neutral, b, down. Just work on doing that fast. Once you get that then you have the reverse shl. It's the same buttons except you have to hit backwards before you return the stick to neutral.

Make sure you learn how to ledge guard. Use the spike, d smash, f tilts, f smash, and even up tilt and up smash.

Falco's best combo is up tilt, up tilt, f smash

Blind

Honorbound
Oh, and WD out of a shine to track a person's DI and let you continue a combo you might otherwise miss. Check out one of the Bombsoldier vs. Masashi or Bombsoldier vs. Jing matches if you want an example... he'll land a shine and the horizontal DI of the Fox would make it impossible to continue comboing if Soldier didn't WD from the shine so he could move better.

Blind

Honorbound
Woo. I got the first post on Team Win, I guess that means I win at life. Or since I'm up at 5:30 on a Wednesday morning, I guess I lose. Either way.

Hey B, $5 DDR money match? :D

Blind

Honorbound
Well you can have fun owning me at CS Mike, because odds are I won't even get to fire a shot. I tried to d/l a wallhack so I could get a better idea of where to spam, but I think I just have spyware on my computer now :(

meleemarth

Smash Ace
hey guys im from colorado and im thinking about throwing a tournament january 7th and all of the colorado smash scene will be there. also i think mabe some kansas players like dmac will come to it. so if i held one would any of you guys be up to coming?

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
And I think I'm going to stop playing smash in tournaments soon. I started to get burned out on it and I dont want that to be when the new one comes out. So anyways, Between school and a job next semester I dont think I will have time anyways. So I guess I will see you around randomly AZ.

Top Bottom