• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Cort

Apple Head
Uh.. no. It's pretty obvious that Peach's dash grab missed means more lag than a missed standing grab. (It's 10 frames give or take the amount of frames you knee bend in order to jump cancel)

The only exceptions are grapplers and Bowser/Zelda?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My friend SCOTU gathered the important stuff on grabs a little bit ago.
scotu said:
The following characters have dash grabs that come out faster than their JC'd grabs:
(character - minimum # of frames faster: assumes perfect JC)
Peach - 1
ICs - 1
Yoshi - 8
Zelda - 1
Samus - 1

The following characters have dash grabs that get put away faster than their JC'd grabs:
(character - # of frames faster: assumes perfect JC)
Yoshi - 10
Link - 11
Y. Link - 11
Samus - 21

The following characters have dash grabs that come out at the same time as their JC'd grabs:
(assuming perfect JC)
Sheik
Bowser
Link

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually, only JC grab if you think you're going to miss, because a JC grab takes longer than a dash grab to actually grab someone.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Will I ever grow up to be just like you?

Have you played bum? I face at nearly every tournament. and tend to do well. But edgeguarding him is a ***** >___<!!! do you know how to do it or what should I do?

Cort

Apple Head
bair doesn't do anything against DK's recovery, really.

I have no idea how to edge guard him. Turnips don't work, he always sweet spots the ledge.

The best I've done is a tennis racket to edge hog gimp at like mid %s.

I think the best way is just to edge hog.

DK does very well against Peach. I think the matchup is only very slightly in Peach's favor.

Samochan

Smash Master
I don't have much experience vs DK, but I do seem to do better against DK's than bowser, cause to me bowser has attacks that KO and hit more often than DK has. And I can take advantage of DK's bad shield and his size more than Bowser's weaknesses, but that's just me, I don't play Bum. <_>; Though I have played someone who has an effing good Bowser.

Anyways, fair when float cancelled to the ledge should hit DK. His up B is annoying to hit since it has lots of range, but dair should also do the trick if you space ir correcly. Same with bair starting frames. Edgehog into roll getup is the safest method prolly, but not always possible. Dunno if it's possible to outspace DK's recovery with dsmash or to cc dsmash him if he tries to hit you with it. If DK doesn't sweetspot, it's fairly easy to follow him and punish with a nair or something, unless they hit you and drag you with em. Yea I don't have much experience vs world class DK's. <_>;;

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Kinda like Peach and Falcon. or Peach Vs Y.link.

Shoot then I guess I'll edge hog.and let him hit the stage and react as fast as I can. I found grabbing more to help me against DK (well a DK like bum) that was the only time where it went head to head with me and him within a match in a set. but its the damm edgeuard that screws me over. I'll see what I can think of here. I have to play him today at a weeklie, he is looking for a partner and giving tryouts to see who it will be depending on how people do. I want to team with him for once so this is my chance to see if I can get him.

Cort

Apple Head
No, smart DKs that sweet spot the ledge with up b are completely out of range of any of Peach's edge guards, especially with his flailing arms. It's a pretty bad idea to try and edge guard because they'll sweet spot then instantly ledge hop another up b and do close to 30% to you, and it's VERY hard to punish.

Cort

Apple Head
1/3 = .333~
2/3 = .666~
3/3 = (1/3) + (2/3) = .999~ = 1

---

x = .999~

10x = 9.999~

10x - x = 9

9x = 9

x = 1

I think the whole concept of infinity and irrational numbers really messes up Math.

I don't believe it myself, because logically I'm kind of stubborn.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
can I like time a Z drop turnip on him? Bay that would work? Or like throw a turnip in the air and grab the edge. If he lands on the stage he would get hit with the turnip and maybe I can take advantage of that....errrmmm just trying to figure something out...

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah, since I know it's good to experiment with things like that.

Lemme know how it goes >_>

I don't play BUM nearly enough.

Cort

Apple Head
Because it takes longer for the turnip to fall into place, and possibly hit a target as opposed to... completely missing it?

edit// The m-word?

edit2// Mixing shnoz up.

edit3// It's good against Marths that save their double jump

Cort

Apple Head
Also, z dropping drops the turnip INSTANTLY as opposed to waiting for the throw animation. You can sometimes get out of a combo by z-dropping a turnip.

Cort

Apple Head
Remember it's all situationally good to do at times, don't do it every time.

Just experiment and try new things, see what works for you, and carry it out and execute it perfectly. Make me proud all my little Peachies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Remember it's all situationally good to do at times, don't do it every time.

Just experiment and try new things, see what works for you, and carry it out and execute it perfectly. Make me proud all my little Peachies.
I will Father this one is for you XD!!!

Ok im about to head over there. I'll see what I can get when fighting bum. I play him alot so im not nervous when dealing with him anymore. I just have to be careful.

XtacyfalcoX

Smash Journeyman
1/3 = .333~
2/3 = .666~
3/3 = (1/3) + (2/3) = .999~ = 1

---

x = .999~

10x = 9.999~

10x - x = 9

9x = 9

x = 1

I think the whole concept of infinity and irrational numbers really messes up Math.

I don't believe it myself, because logically I'm kind of stubborn.
Yes, and how the log of 0 equals 1. That just doesn't make any sense really, but can be mathematically proven. I can't take it.

Do you use the A button or C-stick for aerials? Is that situational? Do you think it actually matters?

Cort

Apple Head

Cort

Apple Head
Dude, I've never haxored ever. You can't even cheat in this game without some external device, so just drop it.

I think my new goal in life is to double Peach team with MikeG sometime before my life ends.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
COrt would never cheat!!!!!! damit!!!!

Cort... Next time we play ..

Crown match?
winner get use of crown..

If i win u have to use daisy peach.. the ugliest of them all.. ha

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Whats the use...

If u win.. ...
i wont use crown puff anymore..

Then after well play for mangoland =}

Cort

Apple Head
You can stop spamming my topic now.

But something about reflecting light waves or something stupid.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i was a little confused, how do you JC a grab, i don't get it

and, DJC out of shield to like dsmash or jab or wahtever, it seems the jab comes out with less lag then the dsmash, i know it takes more time for a dsmash to come out, but it seems extra long, happens sometime when i FC, is it just me and i am doing something wrong, or what

Top Bottom