• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
De que diablo (spanish for damm)

I feel so different after reading that interview. I never would have that reading this would.make me see the light? I found it great the way you improved like that. And winning teams out of 128 with PC was insane. And I like what you said when it came down to advice to give up coming Peach players. Thanks for showing me this. Im gonna save this to my PC. Hopefully soon I can do things like that. That be great. And I live in N.Y I have so much competition here. And Im starting to travel to tournaments as well. My first far away one is the one in CT. I hope I can do fairly well. though I'll be working hard before that day comes up. Once again thanks for this interview. It really got me thinking to a level I never thought before.

Cort

Apple Head
De que diablo (spanish for damm)

I feel so different after reading that interview. I never would have that reading this would.make me see the light? I found it great the way you improved like that. And winning teams out of 128 with PC was insane. And I like what you said when it came down to advice to give up coming Peach players. Thanks for showing me this. Im gonna save this to my PC. Hopefully soon I can do things like that. That be great. And I live in N.Y I have so much competition here. And Im starting to travel to tournaments as well. My first far away one is the one in CT. I hope I can do fairly well. though I'll be working hard before that day comes up. Once again thanks for this interview. It really got me thinking to a level I never thought before.
That's great. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

what was your last improvement?

mine was a 9:03 samus some months ago to bring me below 3:27 <_<
5.80 Falco. I got 8.32 Samus at M2K's. =P

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was reading your interview again. I did not get something. You said you got good at tech skills from Home run contest and break the targets. And I think 2 other things. I'll have to double check. How excatly did that help you?

And you also said something about play Vs 1P mode. did that help as well? and how so if it did?

Cort

Apple Head
I was reading your interview again. I did not get something. You said you got good at tech skills from Home run contest and break the targets. And I think 2 other things. I'll have to double check. How excatly did that help you?

And you also said something about play Vs 1P mode. did that help as well? and how so if it did?
It helps me become much more fluid with tactics like wavelanding. I L cancel without thinking about it at all thanks to HRC. My overall execution of moves is fairly frame precise/perfect. I can nair/fair/whatever out of my shield very fast.

Vs 1P mode? I'm not sure what you mean. But there was a competitive community online for BtT/HRC where people posted their scores/strategies/videos. I was (and still am) one of the best players. At one point I had the fastest BtT total on the planet (for maybe, 2 months or so).

I think I might still have the 2nd fastest BtT total in the country. :grin:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Sorry if these questions sound noobish >___<

What did you do In HRC that help with tech skills using Peach?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
It helps me become much more fluid with tactics like wavelanding. I L cancel without thinking about it at all thanks to HRC. My overall execution of moves is fairly frame precise/perfect. I can nair/fair/whatever out of my shield very fast.

Vs 1P mode? I'm not sure what you mean. But there was a competitive community online for BtT/HRC where people posted their scores/strategies/videos. I was (and still am) one of the best players. At one point I had the fastest BtT total on the planet (for maybe, 2 months or so).

I think I might still have the 2nd fastest BtT total in the country. :grin:
naw there's a bunch of random people now with sub 3:10, marth1 is almost sub 3:06 o_O

Cort

Apple Head
Under. (for example, sub 3:10 means 3.09.99 and lower)

I still have the 2nd highest in the country. All those other guys are random foreigners with their cheating Sheik times.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh I see, so what do you do that helps with tech skills. Just try to get the sandbag as Far as possible?

Cort

Apple Head
It's the execution of moves and l cancel timing that helps improve your technical skill.

If you want a good distance, your execution must become more perfect and faster, not so much the distance itself.

Break the targets also helps in the same way.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
1. who would you rather have sexual relations with: tony bennet or lucille ball's rotting corpse?

2. when you nair out of shield do you use stick to jump?

3. do you wiggle back and forth when fox upthrows to uair you in order to SDI out of the 2nd uair hit?

edit: oh yeah do you ever fsmash?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
You've beaten both Chu and Wobbles. When you face ICs, what is your general strategy? Do you focus on killing Nana, not getting grabbed, or do you just play them like any other character?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Cort - Why must u live all the way over there meaning i cant play with u...

Also....... i duno.. why must u be so cool..

haha

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
well peach is an ICs counter
i dont think it's a good idea to play defensively against ICs (avoid being grabbed) because peach is kinda slow (aisde from FC landed attacks) so she will be grabbed anyways.

i think peach just has to get ih the ICs faces and keep pressuring them.

Kei at OC2 wrecked ICs just from FC dair dsmash, even though Chu got some great CGs in to end stocks

Cort

Apple Head
1. who would you rather have sexual relations with: tony bennet or lucille ball's rotting corpse?

2. when you nair out of shield do you use stick to jump?

3. do you wiggle back and forth when fox upthrows to uair you in order to SDI out of the 2nd uair hit?

edit: oh yeah do you ever fsmash?
1) I think I've got some splainin to do.

2) Y to jump. Always.

3) I time it, I don't wiggle.

I fsmash randomly, by accident sometimes, or just cause I feel it's safe to do so.

You've beaten both Chu and Wobbles. When you face ICs, what is your general strategy? Do you focus on killing Nana, not getting grabbed, or do you just play them like any other character?
I am very aggressive against ICs. I float above them and they basically can't approach me. then I FC a dair/fair/nair into their shield and dsmash. If it hits, I keep dsmashing depending on how they have separated. If it's just me vs Nana, I fair or nair her and follow her with more fairs/nairs because she never techs.

Peach vs just Popo is too easy. Hmm I sent a PM to DoH before on facebook with some good stuff, here it is:

All I can say is if you can, ban Yoshi's Story or atleast random stage strike it. Other than that, just struggle your *** off when he grabs you, this is the biggest mistake everyone makes going up against someone that wobbles. (I rotate the control stick as fast as possible, and mash A/B/Y with my thumb very very fast, I think it's the best way to struggle)

Other than that, the matchup is really one sided. Just fc something into dsmash, seperate his Nana, then **** it. Remember that she never techs, so just keep nairing her across the stage. Take mental note of where Popo is so you can attempt to attack him while he runs to try and save her.

Edge gaurding them is very simple. Always stick near the edge and wait to see where he goes, then just nair him back off (If he's under ~115% then fair instead, the trajectory is better than nair at under that %, but at higher %s, nair)

In between kills where he's invincible I suggest pulling a turnip and floating high, and if you want to land then just z drop the turnip and keep drifting whatever direction you want to go, it creates a little wall of defense so he can't grab or attack you as you land.

Constantly approaching with turnips isn't a necessity in the matchup. Just always float at this certain height where the ICs can't really approach you, and just keep fcing things on their shield into either a quick roll behind them (they always expect dsmash and try to punish it, it sometimes works so I try and mix it up) or dsmash (which is what I almost always do at lower %s cause it completely destroys them). However if you want to play it safe then chuck turnips until Nana gets disorientated, then approach with whatever.
Cort - Why must u live all the way over there meaning i cant play with u...

Also....... i duno.. why must u be so cool..

haha
I don't know... natural selection? You should move to the EC so you have some real competition. :grin:

Cort

Apple Head
Their smashes hurt. Wobbles beat me on that stage (and is the first IC player to do so in tournament)

>.>

Pritch

Smash Lord
*does not ask*

Say, I never really understood the use for DJC can you explains ways its used?
Somthing exarch and I have been messing around with for a bit is uthrowing a character while under one of the side platforms on battlefield, dreamland, etc and then doublejumplanding up onto the platform to chase their tech since it's faster than wavelanding. You can use this to continue chaingrabs on fastfallers who DI to platforms. Seems pretty consistant as far as we're able to tell. Only thing I'm not entirely certain about is that I've been shined out once or twice, though I may have just messed up, as I certainly land it the bulk of the time.

Exarch is trying to figure out some way to consistantly keep the cg going after they DI off the platform, trying stuff like running off the platform with uair and suchlike. I'm somewhat skeptical that that'll work, but you can still get a pretty good amount of mileage out of the trick without being able to continue it, especially since the first few times you do it they won't be expecting it and may screw up (for example, DIing to the middle platform on battlefield instead of off the platform and letting you do it again). And once they start predicting it you can start doing stupid stuff to punish, like uthrow to fair when they land on the platform and don't get up to avoid the grab.:laugh:

You can also use this as just free dmg against non-fastfallers, just to get a second grab before dthrow, uthrow, whatever. I was doing this to QDVS's marth a bunch in friendlies a month or so ago.

Cort

Apple Head
Lol, I'm glad someone sigged me for that.

That sounds kind of interesting, but I like to keep it simple. :grin:

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Hay i have competition over here!!.

Cort would u mind if i changed my thread name TO The "Offical Mango Stuff about ******"

If not ... ur gay.. haha .. <3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was Watching Vidjo, Mike G and Mikael. Now 2 questions dealing with them.

Which of thier styles you think its the best for Peach?

Would playing like Vidjo but in my own way help? Like the more patient and baiting type? Most people say im the defensive type of player. and Im kinda predictable when going all out cause my Tech skills and spacing is not that good.

Cort

Apple Head
Hay i have competition over here!!.

Cort would u mind if i changed my thread name TO The "Offical Mango Stuff about ******"

If not ... ur gay.. haha .. <3
Yeah, sure... >_>

I was Watching Vidjo, Mike G and Mikael. Now 2 questions dealing with them.

Which of thier styles you think its the best for Peach?

Would playing like Vidjo but in my own way help? Like the more patient and baiting type? Most people say im the defensive type of player. and Im kinda predictable when going all out cause my Tech skills and spacing is not that good.
I don't like watching Vidjo play, to be honest. I just find it boring to watch.

Mike G is very fun to watch. Mikael is pretty random, but he does some nice things sometimes.

Patience in this game is the be all end all game. If you can make less mistakes than your opponent, you're bound to win. This is easy to do with Peach, all you do is float backwards and wait around for someone to make a mistake >_>

I just find this style very boring, I'd rather be up in someones face and carefully place my attacks instead of making it blatantly obvious that I'm camping.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
THANKS CORT!!!!
Ur the man!!..

NE ways...

Why are mangos better then peaches??
hmmm

Samochan

Smash Master
DJC is really fun, it can extend comboes, make you land quicker for some attacks and bait and punish opponents. ^^Though there is too much into djc than I could explain really, so it's all up to experiementing it yourself. And as for that cg thing, I didn't really thought about using uair off platform and I dunno, it might send them too far away for a second hit. But what I do is if they DI off platform or edge, is that I just run off the ledge (works only if you're as close as possible or extremely near) and then use a fair (don't fast fall, you can't get back if you do that). It's a guaranteed hit against fast fallers, thus far I've never missed with it and it also backs more punch than a bair or nair would in that situation and not many expect that, so with luck they just might keep DI'ng away, albeit no falco gets back after that especially if you ledgehog them too.

Also there is some fun thing you can do to at least falcon (can't remember if it works for spacies) is that at 50-70% or so you uptilt instead of chain if they don't DI and try to get away, then you full jump uair and then double jump while positioning yourself with a fair to send them off stage. I think it can work if they DI away from cg, dash attack and then do the same uair into fair trick.

Cort

Apple Head
It gives her 10 frames less lag should she miss the grab.

Otherwise, no. It has less range than her dash grab.

Top Bottom