• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

Cort

Apple Head
Any stage with platforms will do...

Don't be so dependent on my advice, a lot of this game is going out and figuring out what works best for you/what you feel comfortable doing. Use your brain. It's a good tool.

Cort

Apple Head
I encourage anyone to give answers to any questions in this topic.

I refuse to answer such an obvious question, Betrayed.

Cort

Apple Head
Cort, is my Link gewd and will you team with me for viva la smashtaclysm?
You're Link nairs a lot. It's good.

I'm teaming with PC for VLS.

Cort do i have a pretty good puff?

I love this thread =}
Your Puff is gay as hell, so yeah it's amazing.

cort have you really concluded that pichu is top tier while in bed with jason? LOL
Yes. It was magical.

wow cort is famous.

here's a question..do you have a harder time versus sheik, marth or fox?!
Marth > Fox > Sheik

MacD

Banned via Administration
i'm not sure if this is already answered, but i didnt see it in the first eleven pages...hopefully i didnt just miss it
about falcos - how do you over come SHL? i get really annoyed campy falcos and i try to put some pressure on them when they start SHL spamming. but then if i get too close and i get flatfooted they start the pillar. what should i do to avoid/get out of the pillar and should u play more offensively or defensively against falco? i know as long as you can get the falco off you can edgeguard pretty well and easily. it's just the problem of getting the first hit
also, you can double jump and float over the lasers, if on like final, hwere there are no platforms

vidjo mentioned it, it works, but only if you are comfortable at coming that high and going down to attack, unless they jump into you

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
for lasers:

full jump float over SHL

when they wisen up and start full jumping, land and start dashing. Sometimes you can dash attack before the last laser comes out before they land, or something else to that extent. Or you can land to avoid the first lasers then full jump float again for the last closest to the ground.

Switch it up by running powersheild as Cort said. Really its too good.

Space your self out as you approach though, cause they can interrupt their barrage with a dair and well thats hard to get around but if you just hang back a little you can just FC fair into a fairly easy follow up of w/e the hell you want.

If you're dealing with flat out campers, take em to final D this is how it works

You're on one side

falco's on the other.

you float

they laser

you dodge them and work your way closer

now you practically next to them horizontally (vertically you're still above)

Now the falco has only 2 options. actually attack, or start running away again. EXCEPT:

they're at the edge, so they cant go away

there arent any platforms, so they cant maneuver above you.

going beneath is dangerous because you basically have a wall of potential hitboxes with any one of your aerials.

Now you have the power.

Cort

Apple Head
Great post, XiFfy.

I love Falcos that revolve their game around lasering. Falco is so much more capable than that easy garbage XD

Cort

Apple Head
Please get more specific ~_~

She's easy to combo with some characters, but it's not impossible to DI out of certain combos/situations.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Please get more specific ~_~

She's easy to combo with some characters, but it's not impossible to DI out of certain combos/situations.
Okay, I will. sorry.

I mean like, say Mario strikes her hard and you DI. Like, is her DI good or bad?

I ask because I heard characters have different grades of DI, like good or bad (even though you DIed at right timing).

Cort

Apple Head
I think Peach's DI is not horrible for surviving lethal hits horizontally (aside from vertical ones, where it's kind of poopy)

Cort

Apple Head
I've never played vwins in tournament. They (vwins/BAM) did very well against me and PC at FCD.

I beat humBAM 2-0 back at.. an earlier ESTICLE.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Will you ever stop being so awsome so us less skilled people can have atleast somewhat of a chance? >_____>

How long it took you to get to the level you are now wand what steps you took?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
1) If you could replace her moves and physics, what would you give her? (like replacing her Fair with Ganons, or having her be as speedy as Fox)

2) What can her WD really do? It seems limited except give space for your Dsmash.

3) Do you think it's possible to use her Ftilt to clank Marth's Fsmash?

4) Do you think Samus is a lesbian?

Cort

Apple Head
Guess I'll just get ***** then :(

Another question, do you like playing against Puff? Do you feel good in the matchup? Would you beat Mango :p???

EDIT: After seeing what he did to vidjo in that crew battle, I think I shouldn't even bother lol
I dislike playing Puff. I beat Mango at SCC in pools. I don't think I've ever had more people cheering against me.

Will you ever stop being so awsome so us less skilled people can have atleast somewhat of a chance? >_____>

How long it took you to get to the level you are now wand what steps you took?
I played a lot of Stadium (Break the Targets/Home Run Contest) back before I could ever go to tournaments. It helped develop my technical skill a lot and I was capable of competing with some of the best stadium players, so it motivated me a lot.

I started going to tournaments, meeting new people and playing a lot more vs. I also am fortunate enough to live fairly close to some good players, and that greatly helps in the process of getting better.

I think I covered some of this in some previous posts.

Check out my interview if you haven't already: http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/156621

1) If you could replace her moves and physics, what would you give her? (like replacing her Fair with Ganons, or having her be as speedy as Fox)

2) What can her WD really do? It seems limited except give space for your Dsmash.

3) Do you think it's possible to use her Ftilt to clank Marth's Fsmash?

4) Do you think Samus is a lesbian?
1) Too hard. I would just end up making a character that could waveshine into knees and it'd look nothing like Peach XD

2) I never use her WD >_> I don't know why, I just don't.

3) Sheik's jab can do it, why can't Peach's.. heels?

4) No, but if she is then I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not particularly interested in video game characters sexual preferences realy.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
Cort, Why DON'T you wavedash at all with peach? Is her dash + Pivot better too? Is her wavedash useless? Are you sure you actually know anything? What is peach fuzz?

Cort

Apple Head
Cort, Why DON'T you wavedash at all with peach? Is her dash + Pivot better too? Is her wavedash useless? Are you sure you actually know anything? What is peach fuzz?
Her wavedash is tiny and Asian.

I very rarely pivot with Peach, and if I do it's by accident.

I think I know a lot about playing the game, but not so much super technically.

Peach fuzz is that shit you dipped your chin in.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
1) Too hard. I would just end up making a character that could waveshine into knees and it'd look nothing like Peach XD

2) I never use her WD >_> I don't know why, I just don't.

3) Sheik's jab can do it, why can't Peach's.. heels?

4) No, but if she is then I wouldn't be surprised. I'm not particularly interested in video game characters sexual preferences realy.
1) Broken tier? XD

2) THANK YOU! You gave me more of a reason to belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve! ^.^

4) Yet you could call characters like Peach a nasty ****? XD

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
i have the best question of the topic:

did you really get that sub 10 peach score back in the day? was it really with the old WR strat with a turnip pull dash float fair through the way into turnip throw right up B. Do you still ever feel animosity for people kicking you out of the BtT community? Do you think you'd ever keep up with marth1 if you had kept on playing? Can you still do most of the WR strats you knew?

sub 3:30 for life

sub 3:10 for you, mofo <_<;

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!

did you really get that sub 10 peach score back in the day? was it really with the old WR strat with a turnip pull dash float fair through the way into turnip throw right up B. Do you still ever feel animosity for people kicking you out of the BtT community? Do you think you'd ever keep up with marth1 if you had kept on playing? Can you still do most of the WR strats you knew?

you can settle this with Cort on Brawl

online stadium ftw

Cort

Apple Head

I got that record with a beam sword, I just hesitated to release my strategy. I said I got it with the other strategy to get people off my back, which was probably the worst thing I've ever done in my BtT career.

No one kicked me out of the BtT community. It's just Tinister being himself.

If I continued playing BtT I think I could have kept up somewhat. marth1 is a monster, though.

I can still complete every WR strat I know, except a few. I got 3:15.xx at M2K's house in 1 night. (About 2 hours worth of playing)

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
Cort, How man licks does it take to get to the center of a tootise-pop?

and by that I mean, what are the chain grab percents for peach vs. fast fallers.

Top Bottom