• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Ask Cort Stuff... about Stuff" Thread

trademark0013

Smash Champion
Sort of. You really have to be attacking Jiggs in between its barrages of attacks. Turnips help tremendously.

Oh and ofcourse random fc fairs for no reason into full jump nairs out of nowhere that cause you to win the set.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=12L_jAtp1Z0
i'll watch that vid later. how do u know when to attack tho? most jiggs attack and float back after they do.
How long did it take you to learn how to fight fox and falco to a point you go even with them and can beat them?

Dont ask why, I had a bad high/top tier match up day.......
maybe u jus had a bad day. no johns and all but still, it happens
I thought that peaches are good against falcos? I'm pretty good agaisnt the one i've fought.
peach does ok vs falcos. i personally hate the match up tho

xelad1

Smash Ace
what stages is peach particularly weak on (specifically against fox and marth?). Is yoshi's story a good stage for peach or not?

Tin

Smash Journeyman
what stages is peach particularly weak on (specifically against fox and marth?). Is yoshi's story a good stage for peach or not?
I absolutely love Yoshi's Story as a Peach stage. Even against Marths lol. For Fox, it is important that you get them off the stage ASAP and edgeguard the **** out of them. Same with Marth really, but that's harder.

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
peach does ok vs falcos. i personally hate the match up tho
I don't mind the Peach-Falco matchup. He doesn't have easy vertical KOs, it's hard to KO Peach horizontally, there's the chain grab, easily gimped recovery, FC combos, and if he gets caught in a d-smash he gets *****. But those ****ing lasers...

Cort, what's your personal solution to Falco's gay-zers?

darkshy

Smash Ace
I have a problem with links. Mostly camping ones. I need to get close, but it get's annoying. I try to mindgame and throw turnips, but I am taking unneccsary damage,

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
In your humble opinion Cort, in whose favor is the Peach vs Falco match up and what are the respective odds? Furthermore, what are those same odds but say with you on FoD? :laugh:

Furthermore, are you The Masked Zorro? And if not, who is it? :confused:

Cort

Apple Head
I recently just uploaded 17 friendlies between myself and PC Chris ( www.youtube.com/raserucort , subscribe to me as I still have 6 more hours of footage to look through, so new matches will be put up all week.)

Peach has a slight advantage over Falco, I think.

Elen and KDJ switch controllers after every stock, masked Zorro mystery solved. :x

whatwhatwhatwhatwhat

Smash Apprentice
How's the Legaia game on PS2?

What's your pick for the next SSB name? Super Smash Bros. Skirmish? Super Smash Bros. Scuffle?

How come PC didn't go Fox on Ken at OC3 and Evo World?

What are D's and how do you throw them?

Monkeys, pirates, or ninjas?

Why do so few people play white Marth?

Who's your final pick for the GFAQs character battle?

Whut?

Should Isai grow a mullet?

Does Captain Falcon have a mullet underneath the helmet?

Cort

Apple Head
It's okay. Not as good as the first, but I still love the battle system and the characters are pretty cool.

Don't care.

PC plays Falco when his Fox is off. Plus apparently Ken is kind of bad vs Falcos? >_> I don't know.

No idea.

Pirates.

White Marth is fugly.

Link.

?

No.

No.

Nelo

Smash Apprentice
PC was really off at Evo World just to clarify that, all his characters were off that day, his Fox only 1 stocked eddie twice, his Peach lost a set to hugs and he kept messing up tech skill, and he did combos to ken such as Dair to get-grabbed-by-ken, he was really having an off day then.

edit - this is m2k at topes house

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok, this is a serious and curious question. I wanted to ask vidjo but he was not on aim.

Usually when I fight Marth and space animals, I dont tend to do so bad win or lose. Yesterday I went to a smashfest. played till like 4 am. Iplayed some Fox, Falco and Marth. Marth I struggled like I never have before. But I manage to win half the fights. Space animals left and right I was getting beat. I think once I got 4-stocked by fox. I only beat the fox three times out of.......*lost count* Same with falco. Now my friend told me that since this happen and it seem new to me, this is a level of new competition. and stated that now, the medium level of Peach vs them has increased and now its gonna be more harder than before. like the next step to being a great Peach main. another road. Yesterday I felt horrible about myself and was about to lose it. But I pulled myself together. I'm not gonna act like I did in that thread. I swore I cut that crap out and I will.

I hope this makes sense. anything you dont understand please let me know and i break it down. I just wanna know what your opinion is on this since your one of the best and i'm sure you went through something like this. and if not then sorry for assumeing. Is this some sign of me improving and now I gotta work twice as hard? that I reach the next step. cause I have never felt , played or got owned the way I did yesterday by space animals before in my life. feels wierd and kinda depressing at the same time. though I understand Peach vs these guys is no cake walk. which is why some Peach players switch up for them if its a certain person or etc.

blah, I ramble too much. sorry. well your opinion would be most greatful.

Cort

Apple Head
I played many other characters before I decided to stick with Peach for the majority of my tournament matches... so I can't exactly relate to your interesting transition(?) into a harder competitive scene? I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to ask.

Right now though, I'm EXTREMELY tired and I'm going to bed, so I won't be around to answer any more questions for the time being.

Remember, this is just a game?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I played many other characters before I decided to stick with Peach for the majority of my tournament matches... so I can't exactly relate to your interesting transition(?) into a harder competitive scene? I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to ask.

Right now though, I'm EXTREMELY tired and I'm going to bed, so I won't be around to answer any more questions for the time being.

Remember, this is just a game?

alright, guess I'll figure this out somehow, thanks anyway

trademark0013

Smash Champion
well i dont think theres an answer to that ?. u jus got figure it out for yourself. maybe it is jus that the people u play are much better. idk.

mabe u jus had a bad day. dont sweat it. jus keep playin.

stop focusin so much on why u lose. losing happens to all of us. jus improve what u got going and the rest will come in time. if nothings working, then switch ur play style up. jus try and find somethin that works for you. dont worry about what other ppl say

that said, u need to play my "unique" falco :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
well i dont think theres an answer to that ?. u jus got figure it out for yourself. maybe it is jus that the people u play are much better. idk.

mabe u jus had a bad day. dont sweat it. jus keep playin.

stop focusin so much on why u lose. losing happens to all of us. jus improve what u got going and the rest will come in time. if nothings working, then switch ur play style up. jus try and find somethin that works for you. dont worry about what other ppl say

that said, u need to play my "unique" falco :)
Shoot, I cant make myself clear very well. I'll ask sensei about this

And I thought focusing on why one loses its good so you can work on that. All I'm saying was it was a different experience. Like some level I cant keep up with. I'll get to the bottom of the and get the answer I'm looking for.

As for that falco challenge. I think I had enough space animals for like a month:urg: we'll see once Im in CT for the time being.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
^^^ hehe

actually i can understand exactly what u saying. there are certain levels of gameplay that u hve to be on to play. in between "noobs" and "pros" there are a bunch of differnet lvls. the only way i think to get higher in lvl is to realize what u doing wrong and stop it. not focus on it, stop it... completely. Also, u have to perfect individual techniques, and i personally believe that the overall speed at which the game is being played at. then u jus have to learn the game as a whole. u kno, what moves can be used when, combos, combo finishers, DI, percent ****, etc. not to the level of M2K frame data :) but as close as u can get.

after you have all this stuff down, u'll be at a much higher level

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
and darkpch:

you just kinda need to do some introspection. Instead of being "oh man I lost y do i suckz so badlyz =(" Do some more thinking in the middle of the match. You always post about how this and this happened and your thoughts on it after the match. instead of that... when you're actually playing the match, think about why you are losing then and there. After the fact can help some, but its better when you're actually playing. Like for me, one of my main problems was getting grabbed by marth. During one of my matches finally I asked myself... why am I getting grabbed. So I played some more and paid attention to each time i got grabbed. I realized during one of my matches that it was because I was trying to come in too low, and pressuring my attacks too much. I started to try and pull more turnips. THAT didnt work either.

now, here, alot of people just get frustrated and kinda give up hope. I can tell you're one of those people darkpch. dont do it. keep thinking.

Now turnips werent working cause he kept the pressure on me too much to pull safely and I got punished for it. Now i couldnt approach him normally and patience wasnt working. It was here that I came up with a solution.

Float at his head and dair. He tried grabbing and it missed and I punished with a dair to nair combo. Now he started to find counters to that, but the fear of this tactic gave me opportunities to set up some camping strats more, and allowed me more freedom to attack.

the point of this whole story being: thinking about your losses is good, but thinking during the match is 100000 times better.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Seems like I have never played at this level before and dont have much experience. if you look at my vids on youtube, I mostly fight low/mid tiers. which kinda killed it for me. Good thing is I have lost of expereince in these match ups. bad thing is, thats not the main target im gonna see at tournaments.Its space animals and Marth. I still have many problems. L-cancel, not so good at it. I mess it up alot., spaceing, DI (the worst problem ever). I'll start one thing at a time and dont dare move in till I fix it. Once its all done these clowns are mine. shoot, this level of play is gonna be tuffer than I thought. its all new to me. Hope I can manage. And since I gotta deal with this, I guess I'll take on that falco challenge.

Well best not spam corts thread with me in general. I think I got what I wanted. Back on topic, i got work to get use to from now on.

XIF

Smash Master
L-cancel, not so good at it. I mess it up alot., spaceing, DI (the worst problem ever).

you shouldnt have to l-cancel with peach, but in those rare instances that you do... I dunno what to say. training mode probably. I learned to l-cancel with every character from target test and homerun contest, so I cannot relate cause i dont miss l-cancels. Spacing however.... ummmmm.... a thing I find useful is that when you are hit away, use the momentum from the hit and float out of it, continue backwards and do a fair. its like an auto spacing if they try to follow something up... even marth alot of times.

for DI, try getting in the habit of holding directions at all times during attacks. when i'm on the ground and not doing anything i'm always holding down, and holding up while i'm in the air. when you attack you'll always have that DI to fall back on in case something happens... but really all these questions are hard to answer, practicing is the answer really. get off smashboards <_<;

XIF

Smash Master
my avatar is amazing....

actually, its because one of my early childhood memories is of this poster I have of starfox for the super nintendo, and when I found this avatar I decided it was a good choice.

But it is also representative of me.

because fox is top tier.

as am I.

I wonder what your avatar says of you ;)

EDIT: I kinda assumed posts would appear between this triple post <_<;

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
and darkpch:

you just kinda need to do some introspection. Instead of being "oh man I lost y do i suckz so badlyz =(" Do some more thinking in the middle of the match. You always post about how this and this happened and your thoughts on it after the match. instead of that... when you're actually playing the match, think about why you are losing then and there. After the fact can help some, but its better when you're actually playing. Like for me, one of my main problems was getting grabbed by marth. During one of my matches finally I asked myself... why am I getting grabbed. So I played some more and paid attention to each time i got grabbed. I realized during one of my matches that it was because I was trying to come in too low, and pressuring my attacks too much. I started to try and pull more turnips. THAT didnt work either.

now, here, alot of people just get frustrated and kinda give up hope. I can tell you're one of those people darkpch. dont do it. keep thinking.

Now turnips werent working cause he kept the pressure on me too much to pull safely and I got punished for it. Now i couldnt approach him normally and patience wasnt working. It was here that I came up with a solution.

Float at his head and dair. He tried grabbing and it missed and I punished with a dair to nair combo. Now he started to find counters to that, but the fear of this tactic gave me opportunities to set up some camping strats more, and allowed me more freedom to attack.

the point of this whole story being: thinking about your losses is good, but thinking during the match is 100000 times better.
L-cancel, not so good at it. I mess it up alot., spaceing, DI (the worst problem ever).

you shouldnt have to l-cancel with peach, but in those rare instances that you do... I dunno what to say. training mode probably. I learned to l-cancel with every character from target test and homerun contest, so I cannot relate cause i dont miss l-cancels. Spacing however.... ummmmm.... a thing I find useful is that when you are hit away, use the momentum from the hit and float out of it, continue backwards and do a fair. its like an auto spacing if they try to follow something up... even marth alot of times.

for DI, try getting in the habit of holding directions at all times during attacks. when i'm on the ground and not doing anything i'm always holding down, and holding up while i'm in the air. when you attack you'll always have that DI to fall back on in case something happens... but really all these questions are hard to answer, practicing is the answer really. get off smashboards <_<;

alright. Lets give this another shot. I gotta go back and play those space animals. I was able to get atleast one won, I should be able to do better this time if I do all of this.

And I do pratcice in training mood. If I'm on smashboards, I'm usually looking the the stickys here in the Peach section. Ha ha ha. yea I do that..............

trademark0013

Smash Champion
looking at the stickies is god to do if u must.

i have the opposite problem u have. i fight high tier so much that a struggle against low tier.

... then i remember their low tier and kill them. u get the point tho :)

XIF: yay. play with me plz? if thats not convincing enough MM?

XIF

Smash Master
yeah... we kinda plan on taking first. So basically i feel bad for the other teams.

especially cort and pc.

lolololololol we dont care if its a team with the best in the country. >_>

BTW, this posts bit of peach advice:

throwing turnips out of sheild is about one of the best things peach can do.

Cort

Apple Head
I really appreciate the advice you gave to Dark.Pch, XiF. I wasn't really sure how to respond <_<

also lulz @ your triple post

Top Bottom