• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical "Norfair" Discussion

gtkdltk007

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand, if Bowser gets his fginal smash, is he afected by the lava? I know it says they are always invicncible, but this is confusing. plus, how the hell would he fit in the safety area?

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
Ahh Norfair, the place where I nearly died trying to acqurie Ice beam. Fighting over a safespot there is going to be some HEAVY tension. Maybe they'll put Tourian in Brawl too-Metroid Rama!!!

Smash Ace
finally, a really cool looking stage. No-fair however, does seem like a name that'll arise from here though.
=2007=

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
This stage will be great. No doubt. But I just feel it needs something. Looking at the picture it looks like it can use like a platform way off to the side or way down low. If you catch my drift

Not A Naruto Wannabe

Smash Apprentice
Another burning metroid stage. WHY do all SSB metroid stages ave to have acid or lava? (two of each now) what happened to phendrana? space pirate labs? all those times when ur underwater and need the gravity suit?

jeez...

anyway whoever plays as the best camper wins and everyone else gets char-broiled! :flame:

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I'm in Norfair right now on my second Super Metroid run through... God I love this area.

I really like how they revamped the appearance with cool stylised rock formation, and the subtle platforms seen in the background. When I saw them I thought "Man, I could totally break that with walljump" lolol

Looks like this stage will be alot of fun. Sure it's not a good stage for a tourney, but if you just want to goof off with friends? Best.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Another burning metroid stage. WHY do all SSB metroid stages ave to have acid or lava? (two of each now) what happened to phendrana? space pirate labs? all those times when ur underwater and need the gravity suit?

jeez...

anyway whoever plays as the best camper wins and everyone else gets char-broiled! :flame:
One, the developers of this game don't seem to focus much on the Prime series. It seems like they are concentrating more on classic side scrolling ones. That's why you don't see stages like the first two you mentioned. Two, underwater stages would be difficult to make, plus who would want to see characters like Charizard attempt to fight underwater?

I like the background of Norfair. It looks very similar to Norfair in Zero Mission, especially with the rock formations and caves. The only difference is more lava in the background and having lava at a much lower level than those platforms.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
You also said that everyone else would get broiled. Blatant lie!!!!!! Sakurai stated in the dojo update that an off screen jump can be used to doge the lavas. With enough skill mostly anyone can pull that off. Annoying, but not impossible

Dark Mule

Smash Rookie
I've been dying to play on this stage but I don't know why. I wonder if it's because it is related to Ridley.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
This looks like an awesome stage, but couldn't we have a Metroid stage without Molten Lava? Like Phendrana Drifts?

It would probably have Ice Lava.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
lol wow actually Norfair is now gonna be there for sure and the tradition lava stage is wanted by alot of fans probably(not me though)but wow i think Phendrana Drifts would be a good idea or something from Prime 3 :)

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
It also has to be rising lava, because lava always rises in the metroid series (not).

The other thing is that they never seem to update. The whole metroid stuff is still based off of super metroid. Although now theres a prime stage (thank goodness). But I think the whole metroid aspect needed a complete overhaul. Which I wont talk about coz it goes offtopic.

Phendrana drifts could be ideal, with the floating platforms and stuff.

Norfair seems to be an ok stage and seems to scream ridley by design of the stage (lots of air play involved), which is a shame hes not a playable character.

I dont think its about camping, it seems to be about arial ability and control of the stage.

Top Bottom