• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Offical "Norfair" Discussion

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Going back to Prime influences, have we seen Samus drop bombs in Brawl? They may be Prime-ish this time around.

And since this is the obligatory lava metroid stage, there will almost certainly be another one. Hope it's not as crazy as Brinstar Depths.

Oh, and this will be where you fight Ridley to unlock him. :)

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I hope Ridley isnt part of this stage. I dont want him to be in the background like he was in SSB 64's Zebes stage. And the Ridley Music could be on this stage.. but this is Samus' stage. Ridley should have a stage of his own, so his music can play there.
i never noticed him in the backround

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Going back to Prime influences, have we seen Samus drop bombs in Brawl? They may be Prime-ish this time around.
They look like, sound, and explode like the old school bombs in Brawl. No Prime bombs. The only thing about Samus this time around that seems remotely based off of Prime is her Morph Ball design, everything else comes from Zero Mission and Super Metroid.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
^^I don't know why, but everytime I see your username, I think of a fat kid with puffy cheeks.

Anywho, if Ridley is a playable character, this stage probably would be where you'd fight him.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Calm down, Legolastom. I'm not a very big supporter of Ridley, but I guess it would be nice if he was included.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Looks great. The lava doesn't go up too fast, the V shape is perfect, and the music ***** me. Now all we need is RIDLEY TO BE PLAYABLE FOR THIS TO **** TO EXTREMES! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
hell no.
It reminds me of Super Metroid.
I even noticed that Samus used the Super Missiles from Super Metroid also.. ;) That made me REALLY happy.
I'm gald you got your wish (as I got Delfino Plaza), because your dream ROCKS! Which reminds me of how I need to get Super Metroid on the Virtual Console! :)

And in Super Metroid, there were four areas: Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, something else, and Norfair (haven't played SM in like 3 years). We've gotten to play in one twice, one once, and soon one more. LOL. :laugh:

Croco

Smash Lord
I'm gald you got your wish (as I got Delfino Plaza), because your dream ROCKS! Which reminds me of how I need to get Super Metroid on the Virtual Console! :)

And in Super Metroid, there were four areas: Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, something else, and Norfair (haven't played SM in like 3 years). We've gotten to play in one twice, one once, and soon one more. LOL. :laugh:
The other stage I want from Super Metroid is Crateria Surface..

You battle on top of Samus' ship.. etc. through a thunder and lightning rainstorm. A remix of this song orchestrated plays-
[URL="http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?classicgaming%2fmdb%2fmusic%2fSIA%2f17+Super+Metroid+Planet+Zebes+-+Arrival+On+Crateria.mp3"]http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?classicgaming%2fmdb%2fmusic%2fSIA%2f17+Super+Metroid+Planet+Zebes+-+Arrival+On+Crateria.mp3[/URL]

or something like this-
http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?classicgaming%2fmdb%2fmusic%2frotc%2fRelics+Of+The+Chozo+-+08+-+Daniel+Baranowsky+And+Protricity+-+Traversing+The+Beyond+(Crateria+Surface).ogg

Shuma

Smash Hero
Actally Ridley's Level is Lower Norfair, the one with Stone Pillars and stuff, he can have his own level.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I think this definitly confirms Ridley. And not a Ridley we knew would be in brawl but the Ridley that pwns all. I like Metroid prime but I cn't argue with Sakurai choosing Super metroid over it. Super Metroid wasn't just the best Metroid Game but the latest in the chronology (besides Fusion which I consider a branched game entitled to it's own series). Picking Metroid Prime would be like picking a less mature Samus. But as long as we get a song or a stage all metroid fans can rejoice.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Yeah, I'm loving this stage, but I hope we get my Two dreams: Hyrule Castle (TP & OOT) FTW!

And "Homeless" why did you PM my members about joining your clan, "The Shining Fists"?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O look another clan... but none can beat ours! *Takes up sword next to Ethan"

Anyways Metroid Man wants to talk to you Ethan...

And er... also... is there any place were we can have a clan thread on SWF?

The side ways lava could also be interesting... hmmm...

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I was watching that IGN interview, and he said a tidal wave of lava comes from the background. Awesome!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The lava is so easy to avoid. Just look at it. In Brinstar SSB64 it was completely random (complimenting the stage), and in Brinstar in Melee was like bad platforms, too much lava, and too little space all in one box. Brinstar Depths sucks, and anyone who likes that stage is th root of all evil.

Norfair WILL BE TOURNEY LEGAL, possibly neutral, even. It's basic, somewat complex, and it's music is awsome. Tournget Lega. [end rant/]

:)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Yeah, I'm loving this stage, but I hope we get my Two dreams: Hyrule Castle (TP & OOT) FTW!

And "Homeless" why did you PM my members about joining your clan, "The Shining Fists"?
I'm sorry for that ethanrodgers, at that time I didn't know he was in another clan. Your talking about Johnknight1 right? Yeah, I got the notice right after causing one of those slap in the face moments.

Sorry.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Who's ethanrodges?

:laugh:

It's okay.

Nooooooooooooooo, I've been cursed to a cursed world of incorrect and misleading grammer! Let it not be true.

Oh i'm sorry but i sent this as a PM as well in caseyou didn't read the post (though it's pretty stupid seeing you created the thread)

Brinstar Depths sucks, and anyone who likes that stage is the root of all evil.
:)
Wait you can not deny that Brinstar depths had a neat concept behind it. Now if they gave the stage corners and made it more sensical for basic battle.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I hate to bear bad news, but I played the demo at the conference, and Ridley is in the background attacking you as a hazard.
joke
hrm... This stage kinda disappoints me. I mean, the one we had in melee was great looking. It had such an organic feel to it, much like the environments of a ton of metroid levels. You could like attack parts of it and it would snap off. I loved that. I guess this one just seems too much like battlefield over lava. I wish we'd get a stage like.. from the inside of the seed or something. I kind of hope the two metroid stages from melee are brought back, I loved them so much. Heck, I hope most stages are brought back.

But as a replacement, this one actually seems not as good as the acid-flowing level from melee.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
The fact that norfair; Ridleys domain in metroid, super metroid, and metroid zero mission is iin brawl...I feel that its pretty much sub confirming Ridley as An AT or a playble character...Anyways, I think this stage is really cool! I like the idea of lava tidal waves...and the fact that its even actual lava, and not acid crap...oh and no mother brain in the backround!!! yay!!!!!

FoxMaster77

Smash Apprentice
LOL. Its a guarantee that Ridley's music is one of the songs for this stage. But if Ridley was in the background we would have seen pics of him or would have heard about it from the people who played it. So Ridley is guaranteed as either a playable character or an AT.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
That's pretty funny. lol Anyway, this will definitely be Ridley's stage (since it is his home) when he's a playable character.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
The way the lava acts reminds me of that Starfox 64 level. I'm pretty sure the waves of lava won't be unavoidable, but I think they will be annoying.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
What is with Nintendo and giving every Metroid stage some crazy hazard?
It's the fact that Metroid games are basically Samus being isolated in hazardous places, trying to survive while trying to beat the Space Pirates. It wouldn't be a Metroid stage without hazards.

Top Bottom