• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Oceanic Netplay on Discord | RoA Tournaments on Thursdays | Project M on Sundays

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Anndddd, here's the results for Tranq Legacy! We had some major issues today with different versions clashing, desyncs and other various difficulties. Hopefully we can sort this out in the future with some universal version or something similar.

Bracket can be found here.
1st. Jamwa :lucas::ivysaur::ness2:
2nd. Star :sonic::ike::gw:
3rd. Lucas :ganondorf::diddy:
4th. Tyler :snake::ivysaur:

Congratulations to Jamwa for taking Grand Finals in the second set. I intend to continue these tournaments every Sunday that there is no tournament in NSW or VIC. We are also looking into starting up the Wii U and Melee tournaments again.

Hope to see you all next week. :)

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
when are smash 4 tournaments online starting?
will someone run them plssss

DD_

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy to run them possibly every second Friday night? Weekly if someone covers the other Fridays. These will have to be Non custom tournaments tho to prevent cheating iirc? Hope you all like the Melbourne Ruleset! (I do so smd)

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Would it be possible to run a side-tourney of SSB3DS for those who don't have a WiiU?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
And the second Tranq Legacy tournament comes to a close. We had some problems with latency this week but we've since gotten over the version difference issues because of the new Master Version. Yay!

1. Tyler :snake:
2. Star :ike::sonic:
3. Gomez :link2:
4. Lucas :diddy::ganondorf:

I will host the next tournament again same time next Sunday. A Wii U tournament will also be held this Friday. Hope to see you all there!

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
And the third Tranq Legacy tournament has been completed! We got a lot of entrants today, contrasting to our usual turnout and all in all it was very successful.

1st. Star :sonic::ike:
2nd. Tyler :snake::ivysaur:
3rd. Cole :kirby2::fox:
4th. DD :jigglypuff::dedede:

A recording of the Grand Finals can be found here.

Grats to the winners! The March 2015 PM Power Ranking will also be posted momentarily. See you all next Sunday!

Last edited:

Dyl9

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to Shovel Knight for making me miss registration.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
March 2015 Project M Netplay Power Rankings

Hey everyone, today we are very proud to present the March 2015 Project M Netplay Power Rankings!

Again, we've only focused on the top 10 members of our now 240+ member group. The Power Rankings are created as an incentive for players to improve and a form of acknowledgement of skill in our online scene. To many this may seem trivial for a community that is seen less superior to that of offline, but the veteran players of Netplay can vouch for the validity of this convenient way to play Smash with others.

There are three main factors that contribute to who can place on the Power Ranking:

1. How active the player is the Netplay Group; there are plenty of great players in the chat that we would've liked to be on this list but they simply just aren't on enough to warrant a place.

2. They must've at least participated in two netplay tournaments.

3. Offline tourney results; this factor isn't as important as the others but we recognise that these results are a very good representation of their ability and how far they have till they reach the top.

Stay tuned everyone, this group is alive and well and only growing more and more by the day!

Text Based Rankings
1st - @ Jamwa Jamwa
2nd - @ Star ☆ Star ☆
3rd - @Hardpelicn
4th - @Tyler_
5th - @Lex__
6th - @lucask264
7th - @Savvas
8th - @ gomez gomez
9th - @ Dyl9 Dyl9
10th - @ DD_ DD_
Previous Power Rankings
September 2014

Last edited:

gomez

Smash Rookie
Thought I had a quite positive record vs everyone below tyler, but I guess I am not that active.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
And the first Netplay Melee Tournament, Cole Conundrum draws to a close! Thanks to all that participated!

We had lots of problems with latency this week and we are considering implementing a rule regarding ping.

1. Hughie :peachmelee:
2. Cole :falcomelee::foxmelee:
3. Chappos :foxmelee:
4. Tyler :falcomelee:

See you all on Sunday for Project M and next Friday for Melee again!

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Tranq Legacy IV has come to a close. Thanks to all that participated!

Today's tournament went quite smoothly for a change. I hope it stays like this! The bracket can be found here.

1st. Star :sonic:
2nd. Tyler :snake::link2:
3rd. Pino :peach:
4th. DSC :falcon::marth:

Here's a link to the Grand Finals set.

See you all next Friday for Melee! PM will most likely not happen next weekend due to both NSW and VIC having local tournaments on both days. Further information about this will be announced later this week.

Last edited:

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
Damn.. 7th again.
I'm gonna hit 5th one of these days.
These Netplay tournaments are a ton of fun though, and they really are good practice.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Tranq Legacy V has drawn to a close, thanks to all that participated!

1st. Hardpelicn :falcon::falco:
2nd. Star :sonic::ike:
3rd. Ryan :pikachu2:
4th. Pino :peach:

The ping rule is now officially in effect. I hope to see you all next time!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
A... PR for netplay?

That's quite unusual, though I have to admit that's a neat picture.

I bet if I started playing PM casually on netplay I could probs break top 10 np np

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Skillkeeper Data

Since we recently finished our Tenth Project M Netplay Tournament, Tranq Legacy V, I have compiled data from all tournies in the PM Le Papz and Tranq Legacy series into the "Skillkeeper" ranking program in commemoration. Here are the top 10 players who amassed the most points:
1st. Star :sonic:NSW
42 Games Played, 85% Win Pecentage, Total Score: 7277

2nd. Hardpelicn :falcon::samus2:VIC
30 Games Played, 70% Win Perecentage, Total Score: 6252

3rd. Tyler :snake:VIC
20 Games Played, 70% Win Percentage, Total Score: 5953

4th. Jamwa :lucas::squirtle:VIC
9 Games Played, 66% Win Percentage, Total Score: 5593

5th. Dreadtech :toonlink:VIC
24 Games Played, 66% Win Percentage, Total Score: 5449

5th. Lucas :diddy::ganondorf:NSW
15 Games Played, 53% Win Percentage, Total Score: 4434

6th. Naga :yoshi2:VIC
23 Games Played, 56% Win Percentage, Total Score: 4308

7th. Pino :peach:NZ
12 Games Played, 58% Win Percentage, Total Score: 4200

8th. Cole :kirby2::fox:NSW
19 Games Played, 47% Win Percentage, Total Score: 3771

9th. Tranq :lucario::yoshi2:QLD
11 Games Played, 54% Win Percentage, Total Score: 3504

10th. DD_ :dedede::jigglypuff:VIC
20 Games Played, 40% Win Percentage, Total Score: 3091

Points here are accumulated by your wins based on how the opposing player is ranked. For example, if the 19th Player beats the 3rd player he would earn more points than if he beat the 12th player. All matches that involved DQs or disconnects have been removed from the ranking scores. I encourage everyone to achieve even higher!

Another thing, these lists and other compilations of results, such as power rankings, should not be considered a form of high achievement. Offline is still very much superior to online play and these rankings are only intended for statistical freaks like me and forms of motivation for many players within the group. Please don't be too analytical about the intentions of the founding of lists like this and just enjoy it for what it is. This list in particular is just statistical information for the sake of it and in no way reflects who our best players are based on what we know rather than statistically.

We are also rapidly approaching the one year anniversary of the group and I plan to host/write something up about it so make sure you guys keep an eye on this thread. I'm constantly looking for new ways to further this group and help people in Oceania improve in Smash in any way possible, if you guys have any suggestions what-so-ever let me know.

See you this Sunday for Tranq Legacy VI!~

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
lol as soon as you do a PR like this for something like netplay
so jank relying on numbers not what you know

Wait are you going off win % of games, not sets? why
would jamie be 100% if you did set wins lmao

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
haven't played netplay in like 4 months and still top 5, mega lols, I'm surprised mask1n isn't still in this but he stopped way before me I guess
This is all statistical data, overall you have played more games and performed better against higher people than those who played recently. Also, Matt only ever entered PM Le Papz 5 and that was it. :p
lol as soon as you do a PR like this for something like netplay
so jank relying on numbers not what you know

Wait are you going off win % of games, not sets? why
would jamie be 100% if you did set wins lmao
This isn't any form of ranking whatsoever, it's just statistical information and who amassed the most points based on games/sets won. Jamie has only entered two netplay tournaments and he has lost two sets in that time.

I inputted the data for all of the tournaments into this generator and these are the results based off the calculations that the program gives me. Like I said in the post, it's merely statistical information and I'm doing it for fun to celebrate the fact that we've reached ten tournaments and its not a reflection of who are top players are on a knowledge level but purely a statistical one. Points are calculated based on the amount of games/sets you've played, number of games/sets you've won, what players you've beaten and what players you've lost against. If you look at the list again you'll notice Pino is below Naga but he has a higher win percentage, this is because of this concept. You can read more here if you like. :)

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Tranq Legacy VI has finished. Thanks to all that participated!

1st. Star :ike::sonic:
2nd. Tyler :snake::ivysaur:
3rd. Lucas :diddy::ganondorf:
4th. Pino :peach:

Quite a smooth tournament. I hope to see you all next time!

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Tranq Legacy VII has finished! Thanks to all that participated! Special shoutouts to @Kaiza for streaming!

1st. Star :ike::sonic:
2nd. Tyler :snake:
3rd. Lucas :diddy::ganondorf:
4th. Naga :yoshi2:

Shoutouts to Australian internet for giving us a bad time. I'll see you all next Sunday!

Top Bottom