• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Oceanic Netplay on Discord | RoA Tournaments on Thursdays | Project M on Sundays

Narpas_sword

So, im fairly keen to join in the PM netplay tourney, i see Pino is playing, all good for more kiwis?

I've had stable and unstable games ranging between 60 and 80 ping. (the unstable one was 60 =/, and i'm inclined to think it was the other guys fault, considering he played another aussie later in the chat who also complained about lag. Dont stream boxing matches if you're going to play =p)

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
So, im fairly keen to join in the PM netplay tourney, i see Pino is playing, all good for more kiwis?

I've had stable and unstable games ranging between 60 and 80 ping. (the unstable one was 60 =/, and i'm inclined to think it was the other guys fault, considering he played another aussie later in the chat who also complained about lag. Dont stream boxing matches if you're going to play =p)
Pino has had problems with latency in the past as his ping fluctuates regularly. The rule regarding this in our tournaments is you are DQed from the tournament if you cannot maintain a stable ping under 5 buffer. (If your ping is stable under 100ms you'll probably be okay)

If an issue with latency occurs in tournament we ask for both players to pingtest and relay their results to the chat and each matter will be dealt under the TO's discretion.

Narpas_sword

i should be fine, my net is pretty top tier high speed fiber. Ill give it a go. if it's too laggy, i'll just leave, no point ruining peoples fun =)
plus it's late at night for us, so probably not worth staying up to play laggy games.

Will see you next week, if i remember =D

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Announcing

Starstruck

A Project M Netplay "Major" Tournament
In light of the one year anniversary of the netplay group it is my greatest honour to announce "Starstruck", a Project M "major" netplay tournament that will run over the course of a week, similar to how it did when the group first started. The rules are as follows:

Standard Netplay Rules

-
Use Mr. Game & Watch's Judgement to determine who bans first. (player with the higher number wins)

- If you cannot maintain an acceptably stable ping under the very maximum of a 5 buffer you will lose the set. (This is under the discretion of both players and the leader of the pool however, as long as you get the set done by the end I don't mind)

- If the game desyncs, crashes or any other major disturbance happens the game (not the set) will be replayed from the beginning.

Tournament Rules

- Signups will start from Today (Tuesday 5th of May) and finish at 8pm on Sunday the 10th of May.

- At the end of signups, each person will be placed into pools and seeded accordingly with a "leader" designated to each pool to report to an admin with results when they occur. I will periodically check up on the progress of each pool throughout the week.

- Throughout the course of the week I expect that all players will prioritize their tournament matches before any friendlies and always attempt to contact members of their group when they come online to play. I encourage each pool to create a mini Skype group for the sake of organisation and ease of play.

- On Saturday 16th of May at 5pm all pool progress will finish and any unfinished matches will be ignored and the highest placing members in each pool will be placed into a bracket (amount from each pool will be decided based on the amount of entrants) This bracket will run on Saturday night and Saturday night only.

1st Place: $15 Eshop Card
2nd Place: $10 Eshop Card
3rd Place: $5 Eshop Card

(In the event I place within the top three I'll skip myself and it'll go the next person)

I hope you all get hyped for this and play as well as you can! I encourage everyone to enter, even if you don't play netplay as frequently as you used to, give it a go! Credit for the tournament name goes to Tyler ;)

Keep in mind that you will probably only have to play 4 or so sets over the course of the week so lack of time probably won't be a problem; as long as you get your sets over by next Saturday.

SIGNUPS ARE HERE (Unfortunately you need a Challonge Account)
(Alternatively you can just message me or one of the other admins and we'll add you to it)

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Its called star's truck because its hard to get off his wild ride.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Just a question around this rule:

- If you cannot maintain an acceptably stable ping under the very maximum of a 5 buffer you will lose the set. (This is under the discretion of both players and the leader of the pool however, as long as you get the set done by the end I don't mind)

How is it determined who is to blame?
I've seen a lot of times where someone is quick to blame the other for the lag, though of course, its a 2 way connection.
Some guy forgets to kill his stream / torrents vs me, and apparently it's 'my lag' lol.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Its more for people who go from like 50 - 80 - 270 - 60 - 50 - 50 -80 -50

Pretty much if its that big of a problem ping test + checking against someone with a good connection (me or jared) it will most likely be decided. Honestly tho, if someone lagging just try get the match going when less lag will be happening.

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
who signed up as pancake, you havent responded in skype yet, please play your sets

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
RULES HAVE CHANGED

- Cutoffs for pools matches will now be 9pm Thursday night
- Top 16 Pro Bracket will commence then and played until it is finished (As soon as possible please!)

Please contact me if you have any issues.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
**** man don't make your font orange if it's not a link especially if your last post had the exact same format but actually linked to something

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
**** man don't make your font orange if it's not a link especially if your last post had the exact same format but actually linked to something
Oh sorry man I didn't realise, I'm using the blue theme so links are blue for me. Just changed it to green for convenience.

^What it looks like for me.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

So, understandable that Project Melbourne / Bam7 disrupted this (an awesome weekend spent jealously watching the stream from the couch)
, are we going to get back into the games?

Basty

Smash Ace
I've managed to finally get melee working on dolphin without it lagging like ass

I'll try to set up netplay if you guys still do melee tournaments. (Would also be up for PM as well if I can get it set up)

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
And so the eighth instalment of the Tranq Legacy series draws to a close. Thanks to all that participated! Special props to Dreadtech for tearing up the bracket and not dropping a single game. :O

1st. Dreadtech :toonlink:
2nd. Cole :sonic::falco:
3rd. Star :sonic::ike:

See you all next week for Tranq Legacy IX!

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
We just finished Tranq Legacy IX. Lots of DQs and internet problems this week. Damn Netflix.

1st. Star :sonic::ike:
2nd. Jacs :link2:
3rd. Cole :sonic::falco:

See you all next week for Tranq Legacy X!

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Tranq Legacy X has ended. Thanks to all that participated in the first 3.6 tourney!

1st. Star :sonic::pit::ike:
2nd. Kaiza :falco::roypm:
3rd. Dreadtech :toonlink:

See you all next week for Tranq Legacy XI! Big shoutouts to @Kaiza for streaming this week! You're the best, man! <3

Last edited:

CrisPyyy

Smash Rookie
So uh, my netplay doesn't work :/
I have 6554, all the correct settings and everything. I think it's just the connection. My ISP is Telstra and I haven't talked to them about Dolphin Netplay yet but can you guys help me out anyway?
Thanks in advance

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
So uh, my netplay doesn't work :/
I have 6554, all the correct settings and everything. I think it's just the connection. My ISP is Telstra and I haven't talked to them about Dolphin Netplay yet but can you guys help me out anyway?
Thanks in advance
There are probably three possible issues with your setup;

1. You haven't reset the traversal (Make sure your traversal server reads as stun.dolphin)
2. You have a Thompson Router (Not much you can do here, I'm afraid)
3. You're attempting to connect to others in the group that are using 6446-dirty, the version that we use universally. This shouldn't be an issue with the initial connection but I suggest you download that version anyway. You can find it in the google doc linked in the top of the Skype group.

Let me know how it goes, contacting myself or another admin on skype would be the quickest way to contact us if anything goes astray.

CrisPyyy

Smash Rookie
There are probably three possible issues with your setup;

1. You haven't reset the traversal (Make sure your traversal server reads as stun.dolphin)
2. You have a Thompson Router (Not much you can do here, I'm afraid)
3. You're attempting to connect to others in the group that are using 6446-dirty, the version that we use universally. This shouldn't be an issue with the initial connection but I suggest you download that version anyway. You can find it in the google doc linked in the top of the Skype group.

Let me know how it goes, contacting myself or another admin on skype would be the quickest way to contact us if anything goes astray.
Bit of a late response, but yes I have a Thompson router and it truely sucks! Can't even play Wii U online without getting a stupid "Can't connect to partner's device" error... Telstra is so ****. But sadly I have to stick with them. What working Telstra router do you recommend I use?

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Bit of a late response, but yes I have a Thompson router and it truely sucks! Can't even play Wii U online without getting a stupid "Can't connect to partner's device" error... Telstra is so ****. But sadly I have to stick with them. What working Telstra router do you recommend I use?
See if you can get Telstra to hook you up with a NETGEAR that's what they Give me and it works pre well. If you are using a Thompson you have to host and you have to use IP address to play games. Traversal and connecting doesn't work AFAIK.

CrisPyyy

Smash Rookie
See if you can get Telstra to hook you up with a NETGEAR that's what they Give me and it works pre well. If you are using a Thompson you have to host and you have to use IP address to play games. Traversal and connecting doesn't work AFAIK.
So did you get a Netgear modem or router? If it was a Router, did you plug it into your Thompson Modem?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Tranq Legacy XI has finished. Thanks to all that participated!

1st. Star :sonic::pikachu2::ike:
2nd. Kaiza :falco::wolf::roypm:
3rd. Narpas_Sword :samus2:

I might not be hosting one next week due to a Sydney Tournament, we'll see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom