• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC3!Need Funds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietgamer1021

Smash Journeyman
San Diego, California (being bored, so I'm going t
i mean if we host more tourneys then itll help out right?

if this is to be held over the summer, then we can plan a crapload of tourneys prior to oc3 for last minute donations

i dont think that my parents would allow me to house random people, but isnt there a motle/hotel near san diego?

but how come that it costs so much for bombsoldier and disc to come over sompared to the other japanese players? just wondering

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

i mean if we host more tourneys then itll help out right?

if this is to be held over the summer, then we can plan a crapload of tourneys prior to oc3 for last minute donations

i dont think that my parents would allow me to house random people, but isnt there a motle/hotel near san diego?

but how come that it costs so much for bombsoldier and disc to come over sompared to the other japanese players? just wondering
other japanese players are willing to pay for themselves or say hey if u help me out with 500 ill pay the rest. bombsoldier and disc are poor as heck. They have no money to began with and dont work meaning they wont go. I mean they live off icecream. Thus, we would have to pay their full ticket meaning 2000 per person that 4000 plus food expenses when they get here. its expensive as heck i know.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
We're running a mid-size donation tourney in WA, where all proceeds go to this. Yayuhz.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that I am cancelling my summer college courses and staying an extra year in high school for this, a possibility. So let's make this happen?
Isnt that a little much to give up just so a tournament can happen? I would think that education > smash.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
We're running a mid-size donation tourney in WA, where all proceeds go to this. Yayuhz.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that I am cancelling my summer college courses and staying an extra year in high school for this, a possibility. So let's make this happen?
WOW I dont wanna sound like an as$hole but you are ***** dumb. Cancelling classes AND takin an extra year just to go to some stupid tournament.

god dman.

SuperRad

Smash Master
Question for Mana:
Lets say $3200 is raised for 0C3 past whats needed for venue, food, etc.
As you have stated, other japanese players need less of a contribution to be able to come over. it seems more logical to bring over as many of the japanese players as possible. But, I do not know the japanese players and you have met and talked with a good number of them, so maybe there are a lot of japanese players that can come over on their own dime and I'm assuming they all need help. I'm trying to be sensitive to the fact that these are real people, so don't get me wrong.

Again, I'm just trying to figure out whats going to produce the best tournament possible.

Okay then, so our last tourney had a pretty good turnout of 49 and our next monthly will be strictly for the purpose of donating to the 0C3 fund.
Unless too many people in WA say otherwise I guess, but that won't happen. and hopefully 0C3 will. =D

Just give WA housing when we go. :D

manacloud1

Smash Champion
superrad

Question for Mana:
Lets say $3200 is raised for 0C3 past whats needed for venue, food, etc.
As you have stated, other japanese players need less of a contribution to be able to come over. it seems more logical to bring over as many of the japanese players as possible. But, I do not know the japanese players and you have met and talked with a good number of them, so maybe there are a lot of japanese players that can come over on their own dime and I'm assuming they all need help. I'm trying to be sensitive to the fact that these are real people, so don't get me wrong.

Again, I'm just trying to figure out whats going to produce the best tournament possible.
you keep giving me suggestions when i dont think i want your suggestions. In this community i have not seen u at a bi weekly, or have met you in real life. I dont think u went to oc2 either. nor have you donated. Here your telling me its better to bring over more of them. No its not. The more we bring over the more we have to take care of. When they get here they are all on the same boat as bombsoldier. Meaning we pay for all their ****. Food and drinks. Thats hospitality for you.

If you want me to take your words into real consideration. You can step it up and raise funds and show me what you can raise instead of just talking about this and that behind your computer. Doing that only shows me two things, 1 you like to post and two you want to look like your helping. It gets annoying after awhile when nothing is done its just all talk.

let me give you a good example. Silent wolf is going to raise donations for the japanese. And hes going to try too. Meaning these donations from washington are going to exist or must exist to help them out. That is more important to me because once i get these funds it means washington players did try to help and i can actually use it. Then the venue can be secured and then the japanese can be helped.

this thread is not about hey if your any smasher and you would like to post your ideas come do it. Ideas and suggestions have already been discussed in other threads and it just becomes a flame thread. This thread is to help out the japanese especially bombsoldier. If you think its dumb that its so expensive to just help one guy great. Keep that to yourself, if it is way too expensive to help him out then we will know better to not and just use what we got on a good venue to make this event happen. Its not like we the staff are clueless on how tournaments work. I myself have been with this community long enough to know the differences and to know who wants to stop me from getting this thing going. Oc2 had a lot of beef and then the tournament happen and everyone liked it. Its just all starting again, but this time the people who attended oc2 has our trust. Expect for misinformed people like hugs.

remember this post is not to attack you or anyone i mentioned, as a person looking to help the japanese. I dont want suggestions, thats what people always do right now, suggestions will not help out this tournament right now. If it is truely going to happen, money must start being collected. Even if the money is not going to us yet directly the people who hold these tournaments will keep collecting and we will have back up.

Gimpyfish was the one who talked me into it by the way. =D
I think we can raise over 500$ though.

Cao you'll be there then??????????????????

FreakN Yosh

Smash Cadet
education>SMASH... SCHOOL>SMASH?!?!? ::shakes head::

man, i remember back in my day, i turned down a job offer cuz it conflicted with me goin up to TG$ ... SMASH > WORK

so yeah, SMASH > EDUCATION sounds pretty dayum right to me :chuckle:

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Are you considering a general fund for bringing over any Japanese players or are there player specific funds other than Bombsoldier/disc?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
i dont want to keep repeating myself

Are you considering a general fund for bringing over any Japanese players or are there player specific funds other than Bombsoldier/disc?
it goes like this

1) venue 2) food costs 3) gas 4) car rentals 5) bombsoldier 6 ) japanese players

order of where the money will be going. If there is no money there is no venue, if there is no venue there is no oc3 and everything falls. This is a post production and not a pre production because oc2 happened. We know what to do now.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Post production means the work is for OC2...

Also, if all the money is raised, does that mean there will be no registration fee?

And an edit: Can you contact me with thoughts on a date? Even your general target (fall, august, etc) would tremendously helpful.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
1) venue 2) food costs 3) gas 4) car rentals 5) bombsoldier 6 ) japanese players
Thats good ^^, some people were confuzedd this will probably stop alot of the "Attacks"
and ive got a question. will oc3 be open to pretty much anyone?, or wha? just curios cause i dont wanta donate/save money to go there and find out you dont let unknowns in like me o_0

SuperRad

Smash Master
you keep giving me suggestions when i dont think i want your suggestions. In this community i have not seen u at a bi weekly, or have met you in real life. I dont think u went to oc2 either. nor have you donated. Here your telling me its better to bring over more of them. No its not. The more we bring over the more we have to take care of. When they get here they are all on the same boat as bombsoldier. Meaning we pay for all their ****. Food and drinks. Thats hospitality for you.
First off, I've never been to any of YOUR biweeklies (but I have been to the SJSU Biweeklies plenty ;) ) and I didn't go to 0C2 partially due to transportation issues and partially due to my work schedule.

Some small rebuttal:
I was saying it seemed like it would be better to bring more over. I forgot about the cost of food+drinks as well as housing them. I understand now :)

If you want me to take your words into real consideration. You can step it up and raise funds and show me what you can raise instead of just talking about this and that behind your computer. Doing that only shows me two things, 1 you like to post and two you want to look like your helping. It gets annoying after awhile when nothing is done its just all talk.
As someone who wants to attend and help donate/raise funds for 0C3, I am just trying to get a solid grasp on what my money goes to. Like most people, I don't have limitless amounts of money to throw about, so when I am going to donate to something I want to make sure that I am making a smart and informed choice.

And yes I do like to post, but I'm not trying to make it look I'm helping. If I come off that way, it's unintentional.

this thread is not about hey if your any smasher and you would like to post your ideas come do it. Ideas and suggestions have already been discussed in other threads and it just becomes a flame thread. This thread is to help out the japanese especially bombsoldier. If you think its dumb that its so expensive to just help one guy great. Keep that to yourself, if it is way too expensive to help him out then we will know better to not and just use what we got on a good venue to make this event happen. Its not like we the staff are clueless on how tournaments work. I myself have been with this community long enough to know the differences and to know who wants to stop me from getting this thing going. Oc2 had a lot of beef and then the tournament happen and everyone liked it. Its just all starting again, but this time the people who attended oc2 has our trust. Expect for misinformed people like hugs.
I understand that you are trying to do your best, and I hope my words didn't make you feel otherwise. I hadn't seen other discussion on 0C3 before this thread, so I didn't know how well it had been discussed past you and the other organizers.

remember this post is not to attack you or anyone i mentioned, as a person looking to help the japanese. I dont want suggestions, thats what people always do right now, suggestions will not help out this tournament right now. If it is truely going to happen, money must start being collected. Even if the money is not going to us yet directly the people who hold these tournaments will keep collecting and we will have back up.
I hope that you are right, and that you don't need suggestions. But I do have one, you should probably reword your first post so that it doesn't say that the funds will go to BS and Disc first. People that don't read topics before they post will ask about that, especially if this thread gets longer.

We will be donating half of our funds from our next monthly to 0C3, not all, so It may be a little less than expected. It's just because we don't have many tourneys in WA and we wouldn't want our only one of the month to not be competitive. We will still help as much as possible, and may even try to host another 0C3 donation tourney.
Plenty of us WA people are trying to go to 0C3 too. Let me know when people start offering housing. :D

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I would like to point out that Mana mentioned the price of the ticket is $2000, not the $1600 he asked us for. That can only mean that he and his are paying $800 for their tickets.

PandaX

Smash Lord
At OC2,even if you donated 300 dollars or more, you still had to pay 60 dollars to enter.

At OC2, mana banned people for helping set up.

At OC2, the person who was responsible for money (mana) wanted people to pay things out of their own pocket to help out, instead of using the money raised.

At OC2, Ken was nice enough to give money to the drivers for the time they took out of their own to help make it better.

At OC2, Ken did his hardest to make sure it all went well.

At OC2, Mana told people BS lies as to why he banned people from the OC2

At Panda, Mana pocketed the money that he won and said that I shorted their overall winnings by over 200 dollars.

If you want to raise money for OC3, Mana, get a job and stop your b!tching. Ken does enough to help you out. You're 23 f*cking years old. Get a god d*mn life, move out of the house, and get a f*cking job. The reason why people don't support ken as much as they should is because he has a Jet Li legoman for a brother, who thinks that he's always right.

nublet06

Smash Lord
:freak:

somebody help me my face has melted. this is getting crazy. the thread is very simple people.

if you want to donate money post on here how you can help. if not.....go post somewhere else cause you will only add negative energy.

the hoangs are trying to throw something big and if you wanna be a part of it go for it. i thought OC2 was pretty awesome. and i didnt even make it out of my pool.

no1 is forcing you to donate.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I was wondering when that was going to be posted....

PandaX

Smash Lord
No no, by all means this will probably be again, one of the largest tournaments smash has to offer. I'm simply saying, don't donate if mana is in charge of the money.

See here's the truth.

I was originally part of the staff, after I mentioned that I will search around for the cheapest prices on T-shirts. Well I found the cheapest prices and the best solution, and I notified mana about it. Gave him all the details on how to make these shirts affordable and at a low cost. It came out to being like 7 dollars per shirt, and he wanted 300 or so shirts.

Well even after all the information given, he wanted me to buy them with my own money, and he'd say he'd pay me back later. I'm sorry, but I'm not a fool. Seeing as we had already a lot of money collected for fund raisers, there was no reason for me to take it out of my own money and then get paid later. He had all the information and details for him.

Mana decided to go to Japan to try and "help" convince the japanese to come. Honestly, It shoulda just been Ken, Chu, and Isai since they're names that represent the states, not mana. So, that entire time Mana wasted and didn't raise a single dollar for OC2, but yet demanded that tri weeklies take out more money so it can go to OC2, and that all tournaments in SoCal take out money from the winnings and give it to OC2. (still mana hasn't done a thing to help out OC2).

Mana thought the website was so important (and yet he didn't even finish it) that he spent all his time on that, instead of ways to raise money for OC2.

Pandatration was a tournament that I held for a friend. I named it and used my name so that I could get people to attend because SHE didn't even play smash. Mana b!tched at me because I didn't take out money from the pot to donate it to OC2, instead I told them, that If they wanna raise money for OC2, they should win it.

Ken was going to be in the East coast that weekend, so I changed the date so that Ken would be able to attend to raise money to OC2. I knew Ken woulda been a man to his word. Mike wasn't on the other hand. He told everyone that I shorted them winnings and pocketed it. The only money I got was from the food, and I gave that to my friend for cooking for all of us.

I won't go into more detail. All you have to know is that Ken, Neal, Ken's sisters, Chu, and a few others pulled their weight to get everything in position. Mana didn't do anything but demand, from everyone.

If anything, support Ken by raising money to get Mana kicked out of the house.

Eggz

Smash Hero
pandaman said:
If anything, support Ken by raising money to get Mana kicked out of the house.
LOL. Scratch OC3, lets get Mana the **** outta Ken's grill.

I trust Mana with my coin, I doubt it's all just going around to useless ****. =p

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
At OC2,even if you donated 300 dollars or more, you still had to pay 60 dollars to enter.

At OC2, mana banned people for helping set up.

At OC2, the person who was responsible for money (mana) wanted people to pay things out of their own pocket to help out, instead of using the money raised.

At OC2, Ken was nice enough to give money to the drivers for the time they took out of their own to help make it better.

At OC2, Ken did his hardest to make sure it all went well.

At OC2, Mana told people BS lies as to why he banned people from the OC2

At Panda, Mana pocketed the money that he won and said that I shorted their overall winnings by over 200 dollars.

If you want to raise money for OC3, Mana, get a job and stop your b!tching. Ken does enough to help you out. You're 23 f*cking years old. Get a god d*mn life, move out of the house, and get a f*cking job. The reason why people don't support ken as much as they should is because he has a Jet Li legoman for a brother, who thinks that he's always right.

hahaha ***** ****.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Alright, then if you don't trust Mana with your money, give it to Ken.

Panda, this isn't an attack or anything, but I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. You say Mana shouldn't be trusted with the donations, yet all your points go to him not raising money. None of them show him being untrustworthy of the donations given in support of OC2.

Also, some of your post was just raising up old issues, which would only cause strife to rise again and get in the way of this tournament. I'm not saying that I support Manacloud's morals or ways of getting things done, but I do support OC3. I don't think I could say the same for you. What is it that you want? We don't need more drama.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Panda is trying to show what happened when he gave his full support to Ken and Mike to make OC2 happen, only to be ****ed over in the end by Mike.

PandaX

Smash Lord
lol Art, thanks for making it simple for him.

You really want to know what I want?

I want everyone to know all the lies that have been told. I want people not to think they're above modding controllers. I want people to understand that smashers don't get good by only going to one specific tournament.

Truth be told, I want them to get Japanese players, state players, and all that. I'm not trying to prevent a single thing from happening. You may take it that way, but that's only your opinion and you're not really understanding mine (that is if that was your mentality).

The only thing I'm doing is notifying people of the shady things mana does. I'm merely stating the events and situations of what happened before. He didn't do a thing for the OC2. He took money that was suppose to go to the funds of OC2 and gave it to his mom because he owed her money.

So again, you asked what I wanted? I want everyone to know the truth.

Take situations like me being banned from OC2. Azn_Lep and Pha asked me to help them set up with the VCRs, cubes, and TVs. (not to mention that I also drove 4 people to the venue for 3 days). I brought the things in and mana came to me saying "panda what the f*ck are you doing here, you're not even f*cking staff anymore. You're not welcome here unless you have a wrist band so quit f*cking trying to sneak in." I told him that's really grateful of him to thank me for helping set up and all the stuff I helped with. I told him also to f*ck off and quit being a ******* to the people who only try to help.

"I'm just doing what Ken tells me to do."

I call bull****: Sure Ken asked to get people without a wrist band, but to treat them so disrespectful, EVEN after helping for so many **** months. "You want me to leave right? You don't want me here right?"

Mana -"Get the hell out panda, you're banned."

Me - "Give me my money and I'll leave."

Mana - "We're not gonna give you your money back"

Me - "Then I'll tell everyone how much money you're pocketing"

Mana - "Fine, take your **** money and don't come back."

What do I want? For mana to understand how miserable he made everyone. I want him to understand exactly what it's like to be on the other end.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
He took money that was suppose to go to the funds of OC2 and gave it to his mom because he owed her money.
I don't think you understand where I was coming from. I never liked Manacloud in the first place. I've heard nothing but bad things about him, and the way he responds to posts on the boards only adds to his bad reputation.

So...he took money that was originally supposed to go to OC2 funds? This was not mentioned previously and TOTALLY changes my stance.

If he really did that, I say kick him off the staff altogether. That's embezzling funds, which damages the tournament. I'm sure that other people would be able to take his place. It's not like there's anything particularly unique about his abilities. Besides dodging questions, he's quite adept at that.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
wow

Nice way to twist around the real events that happen right? Im not going to even bother with you panda, you are still pissed that you didn't get to play at oc2. LOL, i wonder how piss you will keep getting if you dont get to play at oc3.

What did panda do for oc2? Oh yeah jack ****... He couldnt even print out the shirts and that was his job. Specifically his job was to go find a website and go print the shirts. What did panda decide to do? Here Mike, i found a website for you. Any idiot could do that. He refused to drive people to and from the airport then wanted smashers to pay him gas money. Ask chu dat how panda wanted his gas money. On the day of oc2 he saw how much fun everyone was having, so he wanted in at the end as a staff member, when he didnt even show up to the meetings we had to put people in charge. ' Let me give u a good example of a staff member, caotic. He took money aside from his tournament to donate to oc2, meaning that money is guaranteed to go to oc2. He donated 500 bucks. Basically all the money went to shu, why dont you contact shu and ask how much he got at oc2 to help pay for his ticket? I got the facts panda you got **** and accusations.

A staff member drives people, houses people, is willing to do stuff for smashers without asking for stuff in return. Panda you fail all requirements. And you said i didnt raise any money for oc2? Omfg, I got pc to donate, koreandj, and mew2king, and dark trient. Together i raised around 2000. Not alone Ken and I held bi weeklies to get oc2 going. All your *** does is make up crap.

You dont realize i get paid to attend school right? **** so why shouldnt i use that money to go to japan? Only, ken , isai and chu should go? poor panda you wanted to go also, are you jealous of me? I went to japan because ken asked me too, and ken knows how it is with just chu and isai. Atleast with me there ken will have someone to talk too.

All the money that went to oc2 was used by the japanese, or the venue. Kens even got a list of how much he gave each japanese person. You assume I took that money. Got evidence? I dont need to jack money thats going to the venue. I got enough in my bank account.

If people want the real truth of what happened at the event that day ask chu dat, ask neal, ask caotic. You did jack **** for oc2. on top of that when u had your pandatration tournament you consider that donating? When you dont take money aside to donate to a tournament thats not donating. Thats a competition and people come to play. Ken and I had to try hard to win that ****, oh yeah, not to mention you set us up against each other so we had a better chance of winning.

Panda, if your not going to say anything positive in this thread, stfu, else ill inform a mod about your ***.

for everyone else who wants to contribute. I am helping out this community regardless of what this mofo says. At oc2 he was so pissed he wanted to set up a game cube and tv outside to protest oc2. Thats how pathetic he was.

dont support oc3 if you dont like the host aka me and my family. If you dont like me dont donate, im not forcing you too. Instead, im asking for your help. Simple as that. bombsoldier is poor, we all want him to come, so help out. If you dont like it im not forcing you to do it. Right now oc3 doesnt have a venue. Currently Pat and Rickety are helping looking for one. If we can find a good venue things should start moving.

Zephry - you realized im the one stepping it up to make oc3 happen? right now the entire staff are still unsure about it. You want me off , then consider oc3 not happening. You said i embezzeled money? Believe what panda says, why dont u ask people who were with me, like nealdt, or arash. Everything i got i put into the box and it was locked away in my closet until it was needed by the japanese or the venue funds. Ask people from washington how difficult it was to run oc2 after housing bailed out. Money had to be used to get hotels for people. Ask arash how much gas money he needed. Arash drove to and from the airport about 30 times. Ask the canadians about that. These are all hard facts. Everything panda said about me are lies. The only true thing he said was he got banned. Yeah he got banned for being a *******, why dont you ask a person name hirshine how much of a ******* he is.

days before oc2: Panda says he doesnt want to be staff anymore its too much work. I ask caotic is it true. Caotics like yeah, he doestn want to be staff. Day of the event, he shows up carrying in one tv. He wasnt staff, we didnt need him there to help out. Apparently pat and pha didnt know. I see him, he sneaks around ken and champ. I go up to neal, champ and ken. I tell him hey hes not staff he should pay. Neal, yes he should. Ken yeah he should. Champ yes he should. Me - I am not sure if i am the one to tell him to leave. Neal - just go do it, if anything happens will defend you. I approach his *** and told him to leave, he said What the ****. Give me my ****ing money and ill leave. I told him we cant give him his money back. It was already used for the japanese as donations. How the hell can u donate something and take it back? Only panda would do that. Then i told him okay go get ur money and leave. He goes up to neal and *****es at him. My sister says forget him and gives him his money and he leaves. Then he goes out in a fuss and wants to come back protesting oc2 by sitting outside saying he got banned from oc2. The truth is he wasnt banned he just wasnt staff. All non staff members must pay even if you donated 1000 bucks. If you dont have money to donate then dont donate. If you think my story is made up ask anyone, ken, caotic,neal,champ, and other people who were there that day. I was in my full right to kick this ******* out.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
OK, either Panda or Manacloud are lying, or they both are, but there's no way both could be telling the truth. Whoever's giving out the lies, please come out with it right now so we can get this settled. They're directly contradicting each other.

I heard that mana found M2K's winnings left somewhere and he returned it to him.
If Mike really wanted to keep ppls money, wouldnt he have kept m2ks? like i would have? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom