• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OC3!Need Funds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
i say we nail housing before anything, because housing issues for OC2 certainly wasn't fun, esp the weekend before

and please make sure the housing won't fall apart literally the weekend before:)

other than that, i'm sure the people running FC323454 won't be very happy about it, and people once again won't wanna travel to 2 international tournaments.... it'll be challenging to make an OC3 is all:)
We can't organize any housing if we don't know where this tournament is going to be held, though. (I say we should stay in the Wesminster, Fountain Valley area ^_^)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Fountain Valley, LOL greatz - everyone cram into Ken and Mike's house for housing >.>

Didn't Neal find a place that allows you to sleep at the Venue for Super Champ Combo in Lakewood?

SuperRad

Smash Master
Fountain Valley, LOL greatz - everyone cram into Ken and Mike's house for housing >.>

Didn't Neal find a place that allows you to sleep at the Venue for Super Champ Combo in Lakewood?
best not steal neal's venue though :laugh:

my opinion on this matter:
1) As much as I would love to see Bombsoldier and other japanese players come to america to get to play, I wouldn't want to donate money to go to them coming over. I'm sorry, I have to side with Sheridan on this issue.
2) If this event is going to cost thousands of dollars, I honestly don't expect it to happen. Especially when it seems like getting players to come is just as important as getting a venue to you.
3) I don't want to cause ****, but I really don't like the fact that money wont be returned. Maybe I didn't understand you, but I find this frightening.
4) However, I wish this best of luck and if/when it happens, I know I'm going to try like hell to get down there for it.

Zoap

Smash Master
its a rec center art <.<

Also like sheridan said, I was just offering an affordable venue with plenty of space that you could rent for 3 days straight. No control of the tournament would be lost except where it is held in cali

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
It's not that hard to keep track of refunds.

Name - Address - Amount of Money
Sushiman - 00000 Address ave, Wesminster CA 92683 - $30

And keep track of it on a piece of paper and on a computer.

FreakN Yosh

Smash Cadet
Post Prodution??? U Mean "pre" Production? Hehe

dont mean to be a lame @$$ but... doesnt post production mean AFTER something is done? hehe freakin school systems, they aint as good as they was back in the good ol 90's lol

T0MMY

Smash Master
I agree with Sheridan on all his points. I don't think anyone should expect their expenses to be paid for them, however, I do think you should post a list of players who want to come but can't afford it and give a link for Smash Aid to help pay for them. I'm sure there are a few people who are nice enough and can afford to help them out (is this tax deductible)?

I know housing was a cause for concern at the last 0C, and the staff members are SoCal'ers, but for the good of the event if having it someplace else like NorCal would offer more housing or a better venue please consider moving it.

I also want to take this time to praise everyone involved for making 0C2 work and become one of the greatest events in video game history (and a part of my life). Arash even made sure the vegetarians & vegans got food (something I am very thankful for, because I would have starved otherwise).

I know there are many people who would love to attend 0C3, and The Super Smash Twins will definitely be there when it happens!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
?

dont mean to be a lame @$$ but... doesnt post production mean AFTER something is done? hehe freakin school systems, they aint as good as they was back in the good ol 90's lol
this is a post production because oc2 has been done, enough said. Since oc2 is over and now we want an oc3 its a continuation.

Now as for bombsoldier if we dont help this kid, he will not show. Same with many other japanese players. You need to understand they arent super rich. And its worth it to get them here.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
We aren’t rich either (especially me) and if you say it takes more than 3000 just to bring Bomb Soldier and his bro, how much is it going to take to bring the rest of the Japanese? To be honest I doubt you guys will ever gather enough money to bring them over, it’s just too much.

I agree with Sheridan, this money should be used for the venue and other expenses. But then again, some people would rather use their cash for the Japanese, but if I were to donate, I wouldn’t want it to go towards them. That’s a lot of money just to bring over some people.

It wouldn't break my heart if they didn't make it.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
This isn't an attack or anything, this is just a question...

There was tons of money donated for the OC2 in the hopes of bringing bombsoldier over, but he never came. Couldn't that money be carried over to the OC3 funds to try to bring him down again?

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Excellent question Hugo, I too am wondering where did all that money go, and why it can't be carried over to bring Bombsoldier here this year?

Dodger

Smash Ace
It was probably all spent on something else. They did say that after all was said and done, they ended up paying for stuff out of their pocket, right?

PandaX

Smash Lord
Don't donate, it's a trap to steal thousands of dollars =o

That is unless they bring bomb soldier and other players without charging them for housing.

What the ****, I thought you said you weren't gonna hold another "large tournament." Go get'em hugS!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Panda would know better than all of us about that...

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmmm

This isn't an attack or anything, this is just a question...

There was tons of money donated for the OC2 in the hopes of bringing bombsoldier over, but he never came. Couldn't that money be carried over to the OC3 funds to try to bring him down again?
first off hugs we had no money from oc2 left over so i dont know what your talking about. Everything was spent on the venue because people stayed extra late and the owner charged us more. We over bought food, if you didnt notice people ate like kings at oc2. How about the hotel cost for the people who had no place to stay. There is no money left over. Ill leave it at that.

For everyone whos not willing to donate to bs dont post theres no point. This thread is to raise funds to bring over the japanese not to hear your whining. Here we are trying to make a huge *** tournament for the community and all we are getting are more attacks.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
first off hugs we had no money from oc2 left over so i dont know what your talking about. Everything was spent on the venue because people stayed extra late and the owner charged us more. We over bought food, if you didnt notice people ate like kings at oc2. How about the hotel cost for the people who had no place to stay. There is no money left over. Ill leave it at that.

For everyone whos not willing to donate to bs dont post theres no point. This thread is to raise funds to bring over the japanese not to hear your whining. Here we are trying to make a huge *** tournament for the community and all we are getting are more attacks.
I gave $5 to you for OC2 at Pandatration ^_^

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283

I don't understand the indignation. People are for the most part sharing with you their ideas and suggestions. Few have attacked you or OC2, or "whined" about anything at all, so just because we might disagree with you or have questions about the accounting doesn't mean we're trying to derail the tournament. We all are interested in making this happen, but some things (e.g. getting the Japanese players here) mean less to some people than they do to others, and I think that should be respected.

And I think if you want to make the tourney even more successful, it's time to put aside whatever you have with the Kishes and coordinate events to ensure people from other regions get here. I really don't think Prime and Joshu posted with the intent of spam, but instead to show you that they see that you're organizing this, so you (or someone) can talk to them.

Doraki

Smash Lord
So is this thread becoming a "bring japane.. Ek and Amsah to OC3" vs "get better tournament conditions (venue/food/housing/..)" debate ?

And I want to come again =)

Last year, bs and his brother couldn't come because of prices getting higher right ?
If you want them, you know you have to do things faster this time.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
HugS, I don't think the money people donated were all uniformly directed towards the bringing of Bombsoldier. The $500 or so I gave to the OC2 fund was to help running costs for the tournament in general, like the venue hiring costs, and bringing the Japanese over. Bombsoldier couldn't make it over because he left booking tickets too late, even though staff tried to get in contact with him much earlier to secure tickets. He didn't understand you had to get the tickets early and now he's very much prepared with things like his passport, online booking etc.

The money went into providing accommodation for Canada/SKYPAL since housing fell though (i'm largely responsible for this), camcorder equipment, the massive van, among other things Mike already mentioned.

In any case, the vibe in this thread overall is quite positive and I think Ken and Mike have the audacity to realize the visions they have for OC3.

DORAKI! We needz to chill out more this time round, CUUUUUUUUTE =)

SuperRad

Smash Master
Mana, not every post that goes against what you are saying is an attack. Just like you, people want 0C3 to be the best it can be, but that doesn't mean we all have the same vision of what is important and what is less important.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
oc3

Ive missed the last oc's and i will def not miss this 1. I love the ken clan and will definatley be there. One thing i suggest is that you have polls like in high school and wat not. For instance, most likely to be a chemical engineer for dove = eddie. Most likely to work at mcdonalds = m2k lol. Most likley to be on maury saying im not the father = isai. You guys get the point. But yea as of now im back on disability, probably for the next 6 months so if it prolongs that long im def there. I am going to africa from july 26 - august 11th so please dnt put it on these days. Well as soon as i get some $ ill def donate. Ill see if the biweeklys hosted in NY can take out 10 through 20 % for the OC3 fund.

OC3 = papa dav3 all day

I also wanna have a hair match with manacloud and want to give ken a kiss on his cheek. :chuckle:

Eggz

Smash Hero
We're running a mid-size donation tourney in WA, where all proceeds go to this. Yayuhz.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that I am cancelling my summer college courses and staying an extra year in high school for this, a possibility. So let's make this happen?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

im glad to see that people want to help. Right now I want everyone whos actually collecting money to just store it somewhere and label it oc3 fund. Once more news comes in of a venue etc. We will ask for the donations to be sent etc etc. As for bombsoldier we will work things out with him. Then see how much donations left that we can give to him to get him here. Oc3 still is in the works meaning right now all we can do is sit and discuss it. The venue must come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom