• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NYTE SW Regional REGISTER!! Axe B-Day, M2K, STAB, Twins!- IMPULSE Circuit

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm a stickler for rules and will nag/***** about people that don't follow them.
Not sure if that's qualities you look for in a volunteer ref...

oksas

oak-sauce
just saw the flyer you made elvis. there's a place in the union that would print it in color for a small price i think, though i think i might even try making my own little flyers. i think as someone else mentioned, the text for "super smash bros tourney" should be at least as big as NYTE, as that'll catch the eye more. i think also the text really needs to emphasize even more that some of the best smashers in the country will be there, as that'll attract the most attention imo.

i've always wanted to run a little dorm tourney and post flyers around with big portraits of characters alongside a little blurb of text; that way you really can't miss the fact that it's a smash bros tourney. so. if i feel motivated enough i could possibly do such a thing

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
just saw the flyer you made elvis. there's a place in the union that would print it in color for a small price i think, though i think i might even try making my own little flyers. i think as someone else mentioned, the text for "super smash bros tourney" should be at least as big as NYTE, as that'll catch the eye more. i think also the text really needs to emphasize even more that some of the best smashers in the country will be there, as that'll attract the most attention imo.

i've always wanted to run a little dorm tourney and post flyers around with big portraits of characters alongside a little blurb of text; that way you really can't miss the fact that it's a smash bros tourney. so. if i feel motivated enough i could possibly do such a thing
Please do. It'd be awesome. I can look at the design if you like, but if so, we gotta get on the ball for this now.

And I'll bring my 20 foot extension cord most likely.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Guess what? That's right b****es, I'm pre registered!

Taking all money matches in the following events:
-Having an older twin named David.
-Melee singles (up to $0. No lower than $0 though)
-Melee doubles (assume I'm broke and the price is the same as above)

Lol this tourney should be fun :D <3
See everyone there!

tekkie

Smash Master
i have no clue if my pre-reg actually went through

edit: payment went through so i assume it did

haven't been to AZ in so long, can't wait to meet the new players and hang out with the old ones again :)

oksas

oak-sauce
@Rob: k dood. i'll try to work on that this weekend then. nikki suggested scanning some of the characters she drew and using those :p

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Can't wait to see all my AZ bros soon, hopefully you guys can whip me into shape again since I haven't played in two months.

One-Up

Smash Apprentice
I really need a partner for this tourney. im pretty smart in doubles and im a wario(only) main!

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
If I enter doubles and you can't find a partner Wafty then hit me up, I usually only do doubles for fun but occasionally I enter if I feel up to it or someone asks me to.

Never teamed with a Wario before though.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I think you should add another picture where it shows the venue inside.
Why? nobody needs to know how the inside will look, this is targeted at people who are unaware of anything happening at all. The inside of the venue is sorta irrelevant in that sense.

oksas

oak-sauce
http://i.imgur.com/7d2eN.jpg

i tried making my own flyer. it's b/w because it's 5+ times cheaper to print greyscale than it is in color, and if i was going to print something in black and white then i wanted to take advantage of the contrast. so i made something new. also because bw is cool, like okamibw

i had to finish it in a hurry earlier this afternoon so i could go get prints made before the place closed, so there are a few errors (like prices, or pixelation around the edges), but i'll just pen those in before i post them up.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
still a few days left, i will wait for the pre-reg update.

also thanks for your response nicknyte! oh i just noticed, so the tournament proper (melee singles) should be finished sunday early evening (as opposed to late evening)? just making sure, im trying to schedule things out to see if me and a few friends can attend and dont wanna get back too late...

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I like as well. Either poster could work too. Mine actually looks good in greyscale. I will print a few before the tournament this weekend and we will spread them around campus....But Oga's looks amazing.

You know baka, If there is a few things that was run well about my NYTE Lytes is that under my personal guidance we always ended early, even when we started late. It was actually quite suprising! I can't make any solid promises, but I will have a zero tolerance stance on friendlies during tournament, and spectators that are on TVs when they should be spectating (or at least waiting till tournament diedown to hop on some TVs) I got nice yellow wristbands for em too so they stand out like a beacon. Lol.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ok thanks, sounds good. :) i meant that, from looking at the schedule on the OP, the tourney is actually meant to finish by 7, not midnight like i thought? this would be a great help if true!

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Of course. The reason why I did that to the schedule is to have a 5 hour cushion in case things ran late. Its a large cushion, but we should be done with everything by 7, and then we can all have a 5 hour multistate smashfest. YAY.

Morino, I think there are sales to Tucson on Southwest.com today. Take a gander.

Top Bottom