• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Revival of Sydney 4 (RoS4) 25/05/14! Tell your friends!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Good to see all the people I haven't seen in a while, and meet some new people I haven't met before such as Zorsy (I'll bring your Melee case sometime, sorry for taking it!)

Shoutouts to Team Bulk Up. Our performance was only good because we injected air steroids after each round.

Amazing to see RJ's Peach, I learned quite a bit from watching and playing you.

There was also some newcomer named Star or something who I thought had a killer Mario in Project M.

ACT da best.

Shemp

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2251-5220-6050
Is there any news on the possibility of a tourney on the 22nd - 23rd weekend? Myself and a few of my friends have recently gotten into melee and would love to attend a tournament in Sydney even if we all lose :p

Shemp

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2251-5220-6050
Is there any news on the possibility of a tourney on the 22nd - 23rd weekend? Myself and a few of my friends have recently gotten into melee and would love to attend a tournament in Sydney even if we all lose :p

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
As far as I know, Cal is planning a tourney for the 23rd already, he just hasn't announced it yet.

I'll go bug him about it or something

Gords

Smash Champion
I think he posted in the western Sydney thread that he has booked the 23rs already.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I'll stop by and play friendlies. I won't be entering this one this time. I'll enter the next RoS. =)

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Woo a confirmation! Can we get a metric ****-ton of setups for this one? A lot of people had to wait around for their bracket matches and miss out on friendlies at the last event.

Gords

Smash Champion
I'll stop by and play friendlies. I won't be entering this one this time. I'll enter the next RoS. =)
Why won't you enter RJ, if your there you may as well.
Gords should be able to help out with setups this time. Will have at least double
at least double? How short on setups were you last time?
And yeah I can help out this time, but keep in mind I only have a max of 3 transportable TVs, and that includes EAs TV.
Remember Cal, I am short a TV since your Marth D-airs were to much for it to handle!
Hoping I can make it to this. Any housing available?
I can help with housing as long as you don't mind sleeping on the couches. TVs, cushions and pillows will not be an issue.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
at least double? How short on setups were you last time?
And yeah I can help out this time, but keep in mind I only have a max of 3 transportable TVs, and that includes EAs TV.
Remember Cal, I am short a TV since your Marth D-airs were to much for it to handle!
I can help out with TV transportation but while I'm at it I'll point out that it's encouraged that everyone bring a TV with them if possible

Gords

Smash Champion
I mean that I only have 3 TVs that can be transported, unless you want to break your arms to get one of the windscreens to the venue.

Hmm, although if i can manage to get the trolley the LG HD CRT might be manageable if you want to help drive TVs from my place.
I guess we can talk/look at it when I get home, I'll defs be up for some smash playing before the tourney, maybe Saturday I'll host a. Mini meet or something.

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Defs keen to get something like this going. See if some other Vic homies are keen? Also any housing around?
Bus muh man, I can house you, I live an hour out and will be driving there are back.

edit: I can also house 2-3 other Vic homies

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Gords: I'm 99% sure I'm working that day and that's also the week I come back from my month holiday, so I don't want to push my luck with work. AND I'd hate to hold the bracket up if I come really late. I'm starting to think twice, and I think I'm better off not coming and just rest.

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Gords: I'm 99% sure I'm working that day and that's also the week I come back from my month holiday, so I don't want to push my luck with work. AND I'd hate to hold the bracket up if I come really late. I'm starting to think twice, and I think I'm better off not coming and just rest.
But we'll miss youuuu!

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Just booked flights, so count me in. =)

Gords, I'll take you up on your housing offer if you're still happy to do so. Sleeping on the couch is fine with me.

Gords

Smash Champion
Ok no probs, when does your flights arrive? I should be ok to collect you from the airport as well.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Tried sending you a PM, but it didn't work for some reason.

Anyway, I arrive in Sydney at 5:20pm on the Saturday. If you're able to pick me up from the airport as well that would be awesome.

mattk210

Smash Cadet
I'd like to come to this with a friend. We don't need to preregister or anything do we? just turn up? (We haven't been to a tournament before).

Also, how late should we expect things to run?

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to come to this with a friend. We don't need to preregister or anything do we? just turn up? (We haven't been to a tournament before).

Also, how late should we expect things to run?
No pre-registrations, just rock up, pay the fees, and put down your names :).

It's hard to tell how late things will run because we don't know how many setups we'll have. The more setups = the earlier the brackets will get through. Seeing as Brawl is out of the equation for this one, I can imagine it finishing before 6pm

If you have your own CRT + console, I highly recommend you bring it, as this means more friendly matches and you get a discount on your entry fees!

Kaito King

Smash Rookie
Hi I live in the Gordon area. What would be the easiest, quickest and least expensive way to get to the event? Thank you.

JNuts

Smash Cadet
I can't bring a TV, but will it be any use if my friend and I bring 2 console setups?

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
Turnout was pretty ****ing awesome for this one. Good job everyone. Special thanks to Zxv and Cal (and Gords?) for providing TO/venue/CRT services.

Shoutouts to Scabe for putting up with me in doubles, Smoking Puppy for destroying me in friendlies, Matt 1&2 for being cool guys, RJ for destroying me in friendlies, Paul for being a cool guy, Unny for destroying me in bracket, yeah I could just go on.

Lunch was amazing. Worth the whole tourney imo.

edit: Oh yeah, guy with the DT 990 Pro headphones, what was your name and what was your game?

Last edited:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
The entrant counts are apparently 38 for melee and 30 for p:m

53 total apparently

Last edited:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Melee:

1st: Ted
2nd: Zxv
3rd: RJ