• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[NSW] Boost: REBOOT - Sunday, the 11th of September 2011

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
This might be a stupid question, but I've never been to a proper tournament before. Am I gonna be allowed to get a name on whatever Wii I end up playing on so I can play with altered controls? I play with tap jump off.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Probably $10+venue as usual, but I'd say it's better to take it from Shaya himself.

btw how the heck did I get grouped in with those characters lol?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ill see about doubles.
Ill probably be starting brackets at an extremely fast pace for low and middle, so expect people showing up late to at least be bumped into the losers bracket.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
$15 will cover all Brawl stuff.
Melee add like $10 I guess.

Also, the pot is going towards Thriller?
I don't care either way as I never place high enough to win anything.
But it's all good.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I am.
I'm obsessive.
Although my sleeping is ***-backwards now.
And my flight leaves on the Sunday morning. I'm going straight from the airport to the venue. I'll be destroyed by the end of the day. :D

Edit: Your parents are stupid.
No offence or anything.
They just are.
Not as stupid as my mother though.

swordsaint

Smash Master
It really isn't stupid at all. Don't complain about something before you even know what the situation is.
We have a right to know where our money is going, and for as long as we don't know the situation yet have still questioned it, meaning Shaya has been too lazy to answer us, I'm gonna call it stupid.

Reading back I'd say he's ignored the question completely.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
swordsaint said:
We have a right to know where our money is going, and for as long as we don't know the situation yet have still questioned it, meaning Shaya has been too lazy to answer us, I'm gonna call it stupid.
How... immature.

But yes, we do have the right to know where our money is going. I'm also curious.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Eh, I think I may have said something like 200 posts ago about it.
On the other hand, it was also a stupid question to ask where the pot goes in the first place.
Tier Tournament System is a means of running singles.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Eh, I think I may have said something like 200 posts ago about it.
On the other hand, it was also a stupid question to ask where the pot goes in the first place.
Tier Tournament System is a means of running singles.
I think it's stupid to think it's a stupid question. If the only tier to affect the PR is high tier, it could be assumed that the pot goes to high tier too since people aren't getting the short end if they don't have low tiers. :p

It's also really hard to know what you're thinking. ;D

patv

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys im new here. just thought id join in the convo. cant wait till this sunday, first brawl tourney. i dont care if i lose, cos ill see so many good brawls going on, haha.

patv

Smash Journeyman
so what is the usual turnout? im guessing from your response, that this time itll be like 3 times more people, lol. btw, which tier list are we using for this event?

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Because the smash bank doesn't have much in it on account of the pot always just going back to the players for 90% of meets. >.>

tedeth

Smash Master
I feel sorry for all these new peopel having to suffer through a tier tourney rather than get the full experience...

And no Iso the pot is different from the smash bank. The smash bank is a pot that was never given out like a year and a half ago.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
I feel sorry for all these new peopel having to suffer through a tier tourney rather than get the full experience...
Correct me if I am wrong but we are having a double elimination high tier tournament, along with mid and low tier. So the only thing that the new people are missing out on is pools. Also instead of being knocked out in pools they get to play in the double elimination 3 times, surely this would be more enjoyable for them as they will get more matches. Also a tier tournament is far less stressful and competitive than your standard tournament and I would think more fun. It also gives everyone the chance to use characters that they don't normally get the chance to.

What's the update on the CYCLONE situation JP.

Toby.

Smash Master
It's hardly going to be make them suffer - it will give them experience with and against more characters.

The idea that they would prefer to get absolutely ***** in a normal tournament and spend the rest of the day wandering around is laughable.

Edit: wow liam ninja'd me good.

Welcome Pat. Nice to see another new face :)

earla

Smash Lord
yo scabe, i jab locked and it was di'd behind?

sdi behind? does that get you out of the jab lock?

interesting test it.

Toby.

Smash Master
It doesn't have to be tested - it's already known ;)

You can SDI jab locks either behind the person jabbing or further away from them so that they can't reach you for the next hit. You can also SDI towards the edge so that they dont get as many hits on you before they have to end it.

You just need to choose the option most suitable to the circumstances. SDI behind the jab locker usually shouldn't work though, because they can just as easily turn around.

Top Bottom