• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
By the way, in case you didn't catch it, these are the results for that Uplink tournament:

1st - Cactuar
2nd - MewTwoKing
3rd - Woz
4th - Velocity
5th - Emblem Lord
5th - Kevin Sun
7th - Alex Triad
7th - Joe Layton
9th - Bernard L.
9th - Lord Knight
9th - Bean
9th - Gabe Pena

It's not the full results, but the rest of the people who played were the locals. Keven Sun is pockyD. This was a 32 man bracket.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
By the way, in case you didn't catch it, these are the results for that Uplink tournament:

1st - Cactuar
2nd - MewTwoKing
3rd - Woz
4th - Velocity
5th - Emblem Lord
5th - Kevin Sun
7th - Alex Triad
7th - Joe Layton
9th - Bernard L.
9th - Lord Knight
9th - Bean
9th - Gabe Pena

It's not the full results, but the rest of the people who played were the locals. Keven Sun is pockyD. This was a 32 man bracket.
TSA = 4 of top 6.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lord Knight sucks again. :(

@Cheezit: I really wanted to go to them and still do, but I had work + girlfriend stuff. Sorry. I'll try to make the next one.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master

1st - Cactuar
2nd - MewTwoKing
3rd - Woz
4th - Velocity
5th - Emblem Lord
5th - Kevin Sun
7th - Alex Triad
7th - Joe Layton
9th - Bernard L.
9th - Lord Knight
9th - Bean
9th - Gabe Pena

Didn't you post these already somewhere?

pockyD

Smash Legend
make sure you find out from reik and lk where they want to be ranked

if they are on this list they probably won't be on PA's

and i don't even know if they would fit your criteria anyway (as far as the 'where you actually live' thing works)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It has come to my attention that some people still think I'm on the competitive map when I haven't cared about being good at this game for years now. I'd like to offer those people a cookie for even bothering to use me for their list of NJ conquests, but I think I have something better.

Derp derp.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Ok EL, your definitely right, lets see what happens on the NJ rankings list 9/27 when its released.
Ha ha, I loved this post.

Hold up "thinks for a minute" Eggm, stop splitting money for 1st and 2nd dude! I know it's nice and all and probably less of a hassle but if you were able to, I think it would be better if you would just place first in a tourney "including those 2 NY ones you split" instead of tied 1st and 2nd. I think you would gain more respect from others too.

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
NJPlayerFinder said:
Attention Smashers:

This tournament season for rankings will soon be over. September 22nd is the final day of tournaments eligible for this season's upcoming power ranking (one month from today). This means that between the 23rd and 26th, panelists will be discussing rankings for the new upcoming power ranking. September 27nd the official list will be released. The following weekends tournaments will then count for the following rankings list.

Rules for player eligibility:

1. All players must have at least 3 singles tournaments from this season (6/22-9/22) which they have entered in order to even be eligible for the list.

2. All players must have entered 2 in-state tournaments within the season in order to be eligible.

3. Players must be at least a part-time resident of NJ in order to be ranked as an NJ player. If you are a part-time resident, you must spend the majority of your time living in NJ. (For example, those who go to college in NJ but live out of state would be acceptable)

4. You cannot be on the NJ Power Ranking if you are ranked in any other state.

Rules for tournament eligibility:

1. The tournament must provide full results of its player's placings.

(expect rules to be added to this section after the current tournament season is over)
A SMASH CHILD GIVING US SMASH JOURNEYMAN/DIRECTORS RULES!

BLASPHEMOUS!

JBLAZE

Smash Rookie
Thought I added myself to this but...

Name: JBLAZE
County: Essex
City: South Orange
Contact Info: Mystic Gohan220
College:Kean University
Additional Info- I love just about all fighters
Crew: None, openings?:)

JFox

Smash Hero
make sure you find out from reik and lk where they want to be ranked

if they are on this list they probably won't be on PA's

and i don't even know if they would fit your criteria anyway (as far as the 'where you actually live' thing works)
Unfortunately, LK and Reik will be handed over to the PA guys. This next upcoming list will have LK and Reik listed because they have been competing in NJ for the majority of the time. But this should be the last list they are on for NJ.

I might get **** for this, but it really is the only fair thing to do. Other lists have done the same. For example, Swiftbass is on the PA list even though he lives in CT. And Zang ISN't considered NJ based on the same criteria. We must keep consistency, even if it does mean losing 2 of our best NJ players. :(

So yeah, after 9/22, they're yours.

Edit: Oops, sorry I didn't mean to double post. My bad.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I think reik/LK should qualify if they at least come to as many tournies as are required by the standards who cares where they live?

JFox

Smash Hero
You guys are acting totally biased. Listen, it sucks that we are losing two great players, but everyone thought the rules were fair until they realized "oh no, this means LK and Reik are gone"

What should I do, make rules just so we can try and hold on? What would you like me to change them to "if you play in just as many tournaments in NJ as you do in your own state, we have the right to borrow you for that update" Not only does that sound ridiculous, its also complicated and not well thought out. This would mean that I would have to keep track of tournaments that are out of state. Also this would mean the person would be bouncing back and forth between lists.

You guys do realize that with them being at school, and most likely not even having cars/rides, that they won't be able to make 3 tourneys, 2 being NJ tourneys, every 3 months. So it really won't matter if I consider them NJ since they won't reach the rest of the criteria.

Remember guys, this is just a list. You can still consider Reik and LK as NJ players, they just won't be ranked on our list. But this is just a friggin list. All it serves is to organize players by skill. State means is just an easy way of organizing. It doesn't change anything. It's not like because they are on the NJ list, they will be any closer to us.

So for god sakes, let it go.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
duz it really even matter which list they gonna b on.... who cares.... they r still gonna b close to the top so wut if its not in nj... now u'll have ppl from ur crew close to the top of both lists... just think of it as expanding rather than losing

Top Bottom