• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

max32090

Smash Ace
whats funny is that some people can actually xfer their skill to other characters and get more diverse, instead of a ****ing one trick pony that beats the same horse over and over again. But your right, shiek requires so much technical skill dashing and grabbing.
hahaha quoted for truth even though i second sheik

Inui

Banned via Warnings
My Ganondorf did better against teh_spamerer's Fox and Falco after he got warmed up. My Sheik just got pwned badly. :(

I think I'll take Ganondorf more seriously.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
My Ganondorf did better against teh_spamerer's Fox and Falco after he got warmed up. My Sheik just got pwned badly. :(

I think I'll take Ganondorf more seriously.
That would be because teh_spamerer didn't feel like trying at all because there is no point in trying vs Ganondorf(except with Marth because hilarity ensues.)

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yo player finder admins... can u put me in the passaic county part of the nj player finder bcuz im there more then im in union county.... im only at home during the summer and im in wayne most of the school year

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Oh right. Almost forgot about the point system.

Actually, I came across an error when doing the system for the circuit - the points are based on if pools eliminated players down to 32 single players and 16 teams. Since we didn't do that, how should we change it up to include the extra capacity into points? I was thinking a point for every 2 people.

Also, in the future, since we're going to have points assigned, should we have future circuit events be seeded based on those points, or do pools that eliminated to top 32 and top 16?

max32090

Smash Ace
woz the top 32 top 16 idea would make less people come because if you get eliminated in pools thats such a huge waste of 15 dollars, people would realize that and just not show up i think

pockyD

Smash Legend
without eliminating people, pools become a huge waste of time though

takes forever and a lot of people don't take them seriously anyway

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
woz the top 32 top 16 idea would make less people come because if you get eliminated in pools thats such a huge waste of 15 dollars, people would realize that and just not show up i think
Did you consider it exactly?

One of the problems we have is that brackets would take much longer - instead of a 32 man bracket, we're dealing with a 64 man bracket. Not having that many people also adds to a huge inaccuracy in the results, with the mountain of byes distributed throughout.

Remember - this is for the circuit. This isn't for people being able to play for as much as they want, but for competitive players striving to the top. If they don't want to show up because of having some fear of being eliminated, then they don't deserve any kind of high placing in the circuit anyway. Understand something - we're cutting away those who are just decent and good to those who are great and the best by using elimination pools. Circuit events are not in anyway way normal tournaments, after all.

Secondly, as brought up in the past, pools that eliminate actually allow more matches for players that aren't as skilled. Instead of being eliminated in two sets, you can play for atleast three or more. Make it past your pool, and boom - even more matches, plus a chance to get yourself some points.

Either way, it's more of a waste of $15 to just play in a random bracket that eliminates you with the least amount of matches than a pool does.

Thirdly, this allows for players to take pools much more seriously than it has in the past. You NEED to play well in order to make it to the bracket. There's no room to slack off - from start to finish, you need to be at your climax. </KR Den-O Easter Egg>

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
These are just for circuit events, which are like once a month at different locations. Go sandbag in other tourney pools.

By the way - I'd like to hear from more tournament hosts in NJ that are interested in helping making this circuit a bigger success. I suppose at the moment that's only CHeezit, but I wanted to hear from Magus as well.

D

Deleted member

Epic failure in Hearts... Stupid Ryoko with the one card to mess up Pocky's shoot...

I can't go anywhere next week, and I can't make it to Cheezit's, so this sucks...

Top Bottom