• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

max32090

Smash Ace
You sure cared enough about it to post about the issue, only to say you don't and "walk away." Don't care? Don't post.

</random Emblem Lord nitpick of the day>

Circuit Update. Check it out.

For the final event, only the top 15 singles players will be seeded into the bracket. During that same event, we'll be holding an Amateur Bracket where the winner will win the 16th slot of that bracket. The same applies for the top 7 teams, with an amateur bracket for that 8th spot.

And you heard it here. I'm adding $500 to the total pot. Now we're looking at money from the entry fees, the 10% cuts from the other events, and the bonus cash being added. Want to win that money and grab the NJ Circuit title? You better show up to these circuit events and get as many points as you can.

I'll post the point results from the last event later on.

Edit:

Inui, I was pretty sure I left JFox in charge of setting down the rules and managing the list. Who the heck called you in charge?

I agree with JFox. You don't change the rules at the last minute when you consented to them earlier. Maybe you should do better to actually think about what you're agreeing to.

Edit2 -

Point Standings

Current Point Standings:

Singles

Sensei - 51
Plank - 36
Lord Knight - 26
Chinesah - 21
Ryoko - 18
Sol - 18
Kaiser - 16
Vanz - 16
Reik - 14
phish-it - 14
Anden - 14
Eggm - 14
Emblem Lord - 10
Dot eater - 10
Inui - 10
Nintendude - 10
PockyD - 8
Grill - 8
TheNEWB - 8
Velocity - 8
HeartbreakKid - 8
Wesley - 8
LIBF - 8
Ky - 8
Doyoung2win - 4
Swfitbass - 4
Muse - 4
Atomsk - 4
Claws - 4
CWJAlex - 4
Copycat - 4
Max - 4
SO2 - 1
LRoy - 1
pikachunoob7 - 1
Bash - 1
Joe O'Brien - 1
Sneak - 1
Ame - 1
Pmac - 1
Keitaro - 1
Kira - 1
TKAI -1
ZeroK - 1
Athrun - 1

Teams

Reik - 46
Eggm - 46
Plank - 31
Chinesah - 31
Zero - 21
Blackanese - 21
Sensei - 16
Copycat - 16
Sol - 13
phish-it - 13
Keitaro - 13
HeartBreakKid - 13
Kaiser - 11
Anden - 11
Ky - 11
Nintendude - 11
Magus - 7
Inui - 7
Grill - 7
Vanz - 7
PockyD - 7
Wesley - 7
Lroy - 7
Muse - 7
Kira - 3
Athrun - 3
Swiftbass - 3
Emblem Lord - 3
Atomsk - 3
LIBF - 3
Ame - 3
SO2 - 3
Max - 1
"Garfunkle?"* - 1
Claws - 1
TKai - 1

*Garfunkle teamed with Max, but I didn't get his name. Please inform me if you know who this is.

If you have any questions, let me know.

lol woz simon and garfunkle was our team name. it was me and my brother nexy lol but dont even bother ranking him he doesnt care

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I didn't notice this...

Inui, I was pretty sure I left JFox in charge of setting down the rules and managing the list. Who the heck called you in charge?
What are you talking about? You left the panel before the thought of JFox even being a panelist came into anyone's head. You didn't participate in making the last list, either. Being a Smashboards moderator doesn't automatically make you in charge of the entire state or something. I certainly respect your leadership and would probably consider you the "leader" of the state, but still...

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I was pretty sure I either appointed or nominated JFox to be the Regional Sponsor of the state, and there were those who seconded it.

I'm curious as to who it was that put you in charge, since you seem so adamant about it being true.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Sensei, I'm not sure if anyone's ever told you this... but those stars were so that ******** kids felt better about themselves. The more you had the more retared you were.

Lolz
Well I'm not sure if anyone's told you this but back then, being ******** was cool. You're a lot cooler than I was ;)

JFox

Smash Hero
I remember it. :)

And you gotta admit, my being a panelist has created a great deal of organization and structure to the rankings.

And pretty soon the new list will come out and they will all say "all hail JasonFox, the man who knows how to make lists!"

Edit: Yay Sensei thinks I'm cool. lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I was pretty sure I either appointed or nominated JFox to be the Regional Sponsor of the state, and there were those who seconded it.

I'm curious as to who it was that put you in charge, since you seem so adamant about it being true.
Wtf? I thought JFox was just going to be a panelist, not the leader of the state or something.

Nobody did. You dropped from the panel and the rankings in general, and there was a gap left. I filled it because nobody else did. It doesn't really matter much to me, but I'd rather not have JFox, any one person at all, in charge of the entire thing. All's I did for the last list is initiate conversations with Reik about it and get opinions...

JFox

Smash Hero
K, lets just leave this discussion as To Be Continued...

No one is giving College Finder feedback, and it took me like 2 hours :(

All you do is watch tv while I slave over a hot stove! You just don't appreciate me, do you?!

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
K, lets just leave this discussion as To Be Continued...

No one is giving College Finder feedback, and it took me like 2 hours :(

All you do is watch tv while I slave over a hot stove! You just don't appreciate me, do you?!
What kind of "feedback" do you want? :o It's a good idea.

JFox

Smash Hero
To be honest, I think its kinda silly. Once school starts, I doubt PA will be comin to NJ as much as they have been. And NJ never really goes there. All the Pittsburg smashers won't even be able to see how they measure up to the NJ smashers, and vice versa. And I think its dumb that the only reason we are proposing this is so we can fix it so that LK and Reik are on the same list as NJ players.

I really don't understand. Why does it matter to anyone that LK and Reik aren't on the NJ rankings? It doesn't mean that they aren't NJ players. It just means they won't be ranked here. This is just a list. And if they aren't at the top of our list, they will be at the top of PA's list. But a rank doesn't change where you come from. They will always be NJ players in everyone's mind.

Oh and perhaps feedback was a bad word choice. I didn't want praise, I simply wanted people to correct the list. I'm sure that not everyone was added to the list that should have been. So if you're not on there, say something. Contribute so that I don't have to go hunting through the PA finder or something.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I think it'd be cool to be considered one area like md/va and compete with them for best area, it has nothing to do with LK/reik being on the list, also even tho pittsburg guys probably won't get to play NJ guys cept for the EC/PA smashfest and maybe tournies that reik goes to in PA, we still got somewhat of an idea of where most of them rank like swiftbass/pocky/wesley since we been playing with them a lot and the philly guys which is the majority of PA will still be coming to NJ tournies (velocity/pacman/scar/cactar/other people i'm missing dot.. etc..

JFox

Smash Hero
New Jersey should come to DoDu.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=113118

It would be pretty cool if you guys can come. Singles is $15 and the singles pot is already over $400. I'll see you guys there.
Uhhh, you do realize this is New Jersey...and this is in Oregon...it's on the other side of the country. And the other side of the country is practically the other side of the world. :laugh: I don't think anyone will be able to make it. Sorry bud.

JFox

Smash Hero
Good question PockyD. It's true, this finder is for NJ smashers. But lemme ask you something tho...if you went to a school and didn't know the smash scene, would you want to know every smasher, or just the ones that lived in NJ?

What I'm sayin is when people go to a school out of state, they want to know everyone that goes there, not just the people from their state. But if the school has no NJ smash players, than I won't bother add it.

So basically anyone that is on the list who lives out of state is simply listed because NJ players go to that school. They are really listed so that the NJ smashers get familiar with the smash scene.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i also think you should just go ahead and link neighboring player finders too (NY, PA, etc)

anyway as for what i'd prefer, i'm not a fan of the OOS college finder concept to begin with so i'm not the one to ask -_-

JFox

Smash Hero
What would be the purpose of listing neighboring player finders? NJ players don't really need to go to PA's finder.

And what is there to not be a fan of? Reik goes to shippensburg, so I've put some of the smash scene at shippensburg down, rather than just putting reik all alone.

If PA had its own college finder, it would be unnecessary. So, I've picked up the slack.

JFox

Smash Hero
Scar, by Penn I assume you mean Penn State? I don't have any NJ players from Penn State yet, so I can't add it to the list. But if any NJ players do go there, I'd be happy to add you and your school to the finder.

Cowtipper: Thanks. I'll add ya.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Econ is a GREAT major. And of course not Penn State, teh Ivy Leeg UPENN (laterr). I have a shirt that says "Not Penn State."

And I am not a NJ player but if Penn's campus is close enough I'd love to be on the player finder.

Edit:: JFox MM for my pride and so you forever know that Penn is UPenn and Penn State is Penn State.

Top Bottom